• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The new GHB was cool but pretty easy. They all grouped up so my Sothe and Morgan had a field day destroying them with axzura. I didn't even need Elise there for healing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Someone fill me in: what the **** is Ready Player One? All I know about is the Long Leg from the movie poster
Long story short, it takes place in the 2040s and virtual reality has hit its stride. Something called the Oasis is the big thing; from what I understand it's an expansive virtual world that people can do whatever they want in, while being whoever they want. Then there's some sort of contest to see who gets to become the new owner while a corporate baddy tries to steal it for himself. And then there's a ton of nerdy pop culture references.

So basically "Willy Wonka and the VR Chat."

The movie draws criticism from many from just trying to pander to different fanbases, placating them by putting a character they know in as a cameo. The book itself is also divisive. Most of the reviews are fine, and then I read excerpts from it and I don't understand how due to how it reads almost like self-insert fanfiction at times. Bare in mind I've never read the full thing though, but what I did read didn't leave a good impression.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Someone fill me in: what the **** is Ready Player One? All I know about is the Long Leg from the movie poster
A book that people think is good because "OMG THE AUTHOR IS A NERD AND I UNDERSTAND THAT REFERENCE!" It's getting a movie adaptation from Steven Spielberg who said he wanted to emulate the "I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW THE THING I KNOW" feeling. The book itself is poorly written and the movie adaptation got Iron Giant who then proceeds to shoot and wreck **** despite Iron Giant's movie having a major "War and violence is bad' theme

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last night's drama is getting to my head.

Had trouble sleeping, have trouble feeling happy about myself, etc.

All just because of one tiny mistake I had already apologized for.

Life's never been fair to me. How the hell did I expect it to be for that one thing?

Chrono.

Gonna do what I did with World War Z.

Read the book, ignore the movie.
I hear the book isn't much better either and what I've read goes to treads the line to creepo territory.
If I remember correctly most of this comes from an unsourced fan wiki. The Fire Emblem subreddit was talking about it when Marth and Ike were said to appear due to it.
Welp, I'm not surprised.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I hear the book isn't much better either and what I've read goes to treads the line to creepo territory.

Welp, I'm not surprised.
The main character stalks the female lead when rejected because we're supposed to think it's romantic when someone won't leave you alone. Also there's a line in the book that's like "Are you a woman? A REAL woman, as in you never had a sex change?" which will NOT ****ing fly if they kept that in the movie

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Eh. It's already in the house, may as well. Eventually, anyway.

If it turns out the book's terrible, that just gives me even more incentive to follow through with the original plan.

Life's never been fair to me. How the hell did I expect it to be for that one thing?
**** happens, bro. And boy, did it happen.

But you're aight. You apologized, and far as I know those that remain closed that chapter.

Move forward accordingly, but don't go beating yourself senseless over it.

D

Deleted member

My favorite Fate running gag is that Elizabeth's singing is REALLY bad and no one can stand it.
Then to compensate for all the Nero shilling back in Rome, the next mission had these gems
Screenshot_20180318-115729~2.png

Screenshot_20180318-115934.png

The new GHB was cool but pretty easy. They all grouped up so my Sothe and Morgan had a field day destroying them with axzura. I didn't even need Elise there for healing.
I'n honestly getting tired of IS just slapping Dazzling Staff on every Healer for GHBs and BHBs.
Lucius was bad enough but at least it was immediatelly after the refinements came out and was used to demonstrate that Healers Can Be Good.
But now it's on EVERY challenge map and it's getting boring because all it does is ounish Enemy Phase teams.
Long story short, it takes place in the 2040s and virtual reality has hit its stride. Something called the Oasis is the big thing; from what I understand it's an expansive virtual world that people can do whatever they want in, while being whoever they want. Then there's some sort of contest to see who gets to become the new owner while a corporate baddy tries to steal it for himself. And then there's a ton of nerdy pop culture references.

So basically "Willy Wonka and the VR Chat."

The movie draws criticism from many from just trying to pander to different fanbases, placating them by putting a character they know in as a cameo. The book itself is also divisive. Most of the reviews are fine, and then I read excerpts from it and I don't understand how due to how it reads almost like self-insert fanfiction at times. Bare in mind I've never read the full thing though, but what I did read didn't leave a good impression.
A book that people think is good because "OMG THE AUTHOR IS A NERD AND I UNDERSTAND THAT REFERENCE!" It's getting a movie adaptation from Steven Spielberg who said he wanted to emulate the "I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW THE THING I KNOW" feeling. The book itself is poorly written and the movie adaptation got Iron Giant who then proceeds to shoot and wreck **** despite Iron Giant's movie having a major "War and violence is bad' theme
Ah, I see. Yeah, I can see why it's getting so much flak.
The premise of the virtual world is interedting but it gets thrown out of the window in favor of a "stop the bad guy" plot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Now I wonder if I'd restart a NG+ right away or wait for the new rare Blade coming this spring first.
504 hours? Dang, I'm only reaching 400 hours right now.

For your question, I say it depend how the new blade will be, if it's affinity chart is full of hard endgame stuff or if the blade is like Infinity Fan, maybe wait until you got it. If the new blade affinity chart is easy to do or you can get it by RNG, then just start a new game.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Look. Don't beat yourself up over it. You apologized, that's more than most people can ever be bothered with.

Judging by their last several interactions with the thread something was going to happen eventually regardless. They clearly have a lot of bad memories that get brought up very easily, it could have just as easily been anyone else in the thread and it already nearly was a couple times. Don't beat yourself up so hard.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The main character stalks the female lead when rejected because we're supposed to think it's romantic when someone won't leave you alone. Also there's a line in the book that's like "Are you a woman? A REAL woman, as in you never had a sex change?" which will NOT ****ing fly if they kept that in the movie
To be fair, that's also my problem with virtually every romantic comedy ever. Still a huge issue, just not one exclusive to RPO.

No, people. When a girl isn't interested, you don't do these stalkerish grand romantic gestures to wear her down until she says yes. In real life, that's called "reason enough to call the police and get a restraining order."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
To be fair, that's also my problem with virtually every romantic comedy ever. Still a huge issue, just not one exclusive to RPO.

No, people. When a girl isn't interested, you don't do these stalkerish grand romantic gestures to wear her down until she says yes. In real life, that's called "reason enough to call the police and get a restraining order."
That reminds me of Gravity Falls doing something different, Wendy's heartbroken and upset and Dipper tries asking going out, she snaps because she's upset and how it CLEARLY isn't time for her to start a new relationship

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
**** happens, bro. And boy, did it happen.

But you're aight. You apologized, and far as I know those that remain closed that chapter.

Move forward accordingly, but don't go beating yourself senseless over it.
Look. Don't beat yourself up over it. You apologized, that's more than most people can ever be bothered with.

Judging by their last several interactions with the thread something was going to happen eventually regardless. They clearly have a lot of bad memories that get brought up very easily, it could have just as easily been anyone else in the thread and it already nearly was a couple times. Don't beat yourself up so hard.
Thanks, mouse and squid.

Really hard to follow that up without getting too personal, and I don't want to be responsible for another sad moment lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
-starts watching YouTube videos-

-mom sings loudly enough about how much of a baby I am loudly enough to basically mute the video, even though we're on different floors-

-I press pause, she stops-

-I press play, she continues-

-I press pause again, she stops and laughs-

It's like she's trying to piss me off on purpose...

D

Deleted member

Screenshot_20180318-122702.png

Gudako: "Yeah, you know who else is beautiful?"
Mash, blushing: "W-who?"
Gudako: "Kojiro"
Kojiro, laying down between them: "Aww, that's so nice, thanks"

Also, since it's relevant, here's a video on the Stalking For Love trope
I highly recommend their other videos that discuss problematic tropes like this

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I wish there was a site that is nothing but memes, no news,no drama, no whatever. Just memes so I can finally laugh at something
Simply go to facebook. Unfollow every news page and every friend and only follow meme pages.

That's what I do atleast.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ayyo Mob Psycho 100 is getting a season 2
Simply go to facebook. Unfollow every news page and every friend and only follow meme pages.

That's what I do atleast.
I stay faaaar away from facebook though I do have a tumblr that mostly memes. Politic garbage still gets through but at least there is a word filter

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just looked at the last 10 pages.
It seems like every time there's drama in this thread, I miss it unless I'm the one that causes it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I saw @Burb mention it earlier, but is there really no archive of our old 2014/15 discussions? I would love to look at the old leaks threads. Is there really none left?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Just looked at the last 10 pages.
It seems like every time there's drama in this thread, I miss it unless I'm the one that causes it.
That sounds like a good thing.

...so.

I may have misread that.

And now I may not be able to un-misread it.

Send help.
OH GOD, I CAN'T UNSEE IT NOW! :laugh:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
This is probably fake but Shulk might cameo in Ready Player One.
Movie still **** though.
No interest in the movie nor I don't care what it's critic and audience receptions are in the end. But looking at the huge number of those posts going, "WHY GOD WHY?!" or "STOP IT'S ALREADY DEAD!" or "RUINED! CURSED MOVIE!", with a couple of "I don't see what's wrong." or "I think them appearing is rather cool." made me laugh quite a bit.

D

Deleted member

Ayyo Mob Psycho 100 is getting a season 2
Wait what? Give me the source!
I saw @Burb mention it earlier, but is there really no archive of our old 2014/15 discussions? I would love to look at the old leaks threads. Is there really none left?
The Leaks group is still there, the Official Leaks threads, however, aren't.
I wasn't around when the forums still had a dedicated leaks thread but I remember the E3 2014 leaks one was deleted after E3.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There's nothing saying I can't post there though unlike locked threads. Does it work differently?

EDIT: apparently, I can still do it.
Zeb said that because as soon as you do, 50281769310284052 people shall get a notification to fling **** at eachother, and once that happens the planets will align, creating a new version of Skyrim

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
OMG OMG OMG

I’M SCREAMING DBS WAS SO GOOD
17 is alive!

I don’t wanna wait a week for the last episode! I want it now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom