• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Thanks peeps <3
Yeah I have similar sentiments. I went to College for Business Administration - Finance because I was under pressure from my parents to go to a post-secondary institution almost immediately.

I think where my passion truly lies is in the gaming industry as a designer of sorts and to lead my own game project. That's the career I really want. The only thing is my drawing is complete *** and it's going to take me a while before I can get to the pro level.
Well practice makes perfect as they say -.-

I think as long as you try it will be good. If your concerned about drawing specifically there's all the resources you might need out there. Art Academy game actually taught me way more in a few of thier lessons than all the time spent with art teachers through the years. Gives u simplified theory and practical practice. Apart from that....utube and devianart tutorials/help sheets, especially for digital art, like this one

wing_rant_by_theunspokenprophet-dbxz64b.png
Or these from this guy I stumbled upon
https://twitter.com/mieillee/status/891359873434308609?s=19

I like to think I'm decent but that's cos everyone in my class save 2 people are **** at drawing. So I'm like 2nd or 3rd depending on what. Still around average id say..

I've always liked the gaming side and in my free time I'd look at fanarts or anything and before that photography but parent at early education always pushed for academic more. Now it's the opposite since I still continue to play games and a reason why I'm even on a games design course, so real life drawing is just one module there's mainly 3D modeling and concept art, some animation and VFX.

There's this one girl she's amazing at everything she can just get into the industry right now I'd imagine with some training but wants to take the long way and take her time.

She's only good because she spent years and many hours doing things in her own time.

But it's possible to take a shortcut and pushing yourself to work hard and progress quickly. Finding great resources / lessons is better than messing around by yourself. It's good but why find techniques / tricks urself when the world has done this before for you and can teach you. (Harder than it sounds dammit XD)

For me finding the time for that and until just recently motivation has been stopping me from just doing just that. Oh and I guess money. Can't afford a graphics tablet so I'm using a app on my tablet and a stylus. Not ideal XD.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
At least I can do some FEH TT battles
>Gerome has Fortress Def and Hit and Run
At this point they're just throwing random skills on TT rewards, probably the most disappointing since Corrin, I have a ****ton of Clairs in my barracks and it's not like Seth doesn't spook me every once in a while.
Gerome is actually good if you don't have a 5-Star Cherche or any 5-Star Brave Axe users. And since he already has Hit & Run, which is great with Fliers, he doesn't need a Clair or Clive to give him that.
Also, Gerome is best for one skill. Rally ATK/DEF. That will be super useful on my NY!Corrin for training up allies.

Basically, I found out that NY!Corrin is absolutely amazing for the Flier Training Map for training Melee characters. With his Default set and either Spur DEF 2 Seal or Drive DEF 2 Seal, he can give an ally a total of +12 DEF. With Spur DEF 3 and Spur DEF 3 Seal, he can give +14 DEF to an ally. Combine that with Quick Riposte 2/3 Seal or Close DEF 3 Seal on the character that is being trained(depends on if they have enough SPD to double the Pegasus knights), they will practically destroy everything on the map while either not being damaged or taking very little damage, including from the Wyvern Riders.
What also makes NY!Corrin great for the Flier map is that nothing will damage him except the Wyvern Riders that have 3 more ATK than NY!Corrin's DEF. But if you give NY!Corrin his ATK/DEF 2 skill, he'll only take 1 damage from the Knights. And if he has a DEF 3 A-skill, he can't be damaged whatsoever on the Flier Training map. He's super useful for training characters.
And with Gerome's Rally ATK/DEF skill, he only sacrifices giving 1+ DEF to give +3 ATK for the character he's training, giving even more power to the Quick Riposte Seal.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Thanks peeps <3

Well practice makes perfect as they say -.-

I think as long as you try it will be good. If your concerned about drawing specifically there's all the resources you might need out there. Art Academy game actually taught me way more in a few of thier lessons than all the time spent with art teachers through the years. Gives u simplified theory and practical practice. Apart from that....utube and devianart tutorials/help sheets, especially for digital art, like this one

wing_rant_by_theunspokenprophet-dbxz64b.png
Or these from this guy I stumbled upon
https://twitter.com/mieillee/status/891359873434308609?s=19

I like to think I'm decent but that's cos everyone in my class save 2 people are **** at drawing. So I'm like 2nd or 3rd depending on what. Still around average id say..

I've always liked the gaming side and in my free time I'd look at fanarts or anything and before that photography but parent at early education always pushed for academic more. Now it's the opposite since I still continue to play games and a reason why I'm even on a games design course, so real life drawing is just one module there's mainly 3D modeling and concept art, some animation and VFX.

There's this one girl she's amazing at everything she can just get into the industry right now I'd imagine with some training but wants to take the long way and take her time.

She's only good because she spent years and many hours doing things in her own time.

But it's possible to take a shortcut and pushing yourself to work hard and progress quickly. Finding great resources / lessons is better than messing around by yourself. It's good but why find techniques / tricks urself when the world has done this before for you and can teach you. (Harder than it sounds dammit XD)

For me finding the time for that and until just recently motivation has been stopping me from just doing just that. Oh and I guess money. Can't afford a graphics tablet so I'm using a app on my tablet and a stylus. Not ideal XD.
For me what I usually do to practice drawing is look up fictional characters and try to draw their faces (because that's the most basic way to start drawing). Granted none of them are good and I should probably take an art class or something.

I think the thing I would be more interested in is concept art because 3D modelling sounds like a pain in the ass.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Aetheri Aetheri thank you I'll check them out really soon!!

You are one of my inspirations. But not where I'm aiming to be at for now XD. That would be unrealistic.
For me what I usually do to practice drawing is look up fictional characters and try to draw their faces (because that's the most basic way to start drawing). Granted none of them are good and I should probably take an art class or something.

I think the thing I would be more interested in is concept art because 3D modelling sounds like a pain in the ***.
Tacosauceninja Is a great concept artist I've been following. Drawing...modeling..all the same pain.

Moddeling isn't as hard as u may think but it's pretty different how it feels to do it, but process of getting better is the same. And eventually will probably be harder than drawing, depends how complex the model/painting and industry will demand a big range of quality and so talent.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I think the thing I would be more interested in is concept art because 3D modelling sounds like a pain in the ***.
Really the main difference is learning the program, 3D modelling and drawing/painting sort of require similar implementations and understanding of shapes and forms...where as the applications are different...

A lot of concept artists will at times actually combine both, they sort of use 3D models as a base and will then bring it over to a painting program and build on top of it...something I've been trying to do, but finding a decent 3D modelling program for cheap is not that easy...You can actually see Smashified do this sometimes with their renders as well...

----

Btw, I do see some people post their art on here from time to time, I'm going to place an offer for some of you that do...

I can write up a critique for your work if you really want me to...

On one hand I might be able to teach you some things that may help you get better...also on the other hand critiquing other people's art is good for me as well since it helps me notice things within my own work...sometimes in my critiques I will even draw a quick sketch or even paintover (if you're ok with it of course) to help visualize some of what I'm talking about in the critique...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean i've never done any drawings on the computer or anything extravagant. All my drawings have been done on paper.

I could ask you to critique but it's like really REALLY bad lol. I'm in the learning steps of course. Making up for lost time I could have been practicing.

Thanks for replying guys. If my drawings do get better i'll post them here.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Really the main difference is learning the program, 3D modelling and drawing/painting sort of require similar implementations and understanding of shapes and forms...where as the applications are different...

A lot of concept artists will at times actually combine both, they sort of use 3D models as a base and will then bring it over to a painting program and build on top of it...something I've been trying to do, but finding a decent 3D modelling program for cheap is not that easy...You can actually see Smashified do this sometimes with their renders as well...

----

Btw, I do see some people post their art on here from time to time, I'm going to place an offer for some of you that do...

I can write up a critique for your work if you really want me to...

On one hand I might be able to teach you some things that may help you get better...also on the other hand critiquing other people's art is good for me as well since it helps me notice things within my own work...sometimes in my critiques I will even draw a quick sketch or even paintover (if you're ok with it of course) to help visualize some of what I'm talking about in the critique...
I will sure be posting something then. :D

but rrly idk if u will learn anything it's prob all basic mistakes for you. Although thanks so much!

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I mean i've never done any drawings on the computer or anything extravagant. All my drawings have been done on paper.

I could ask you to critique but it's like really REALLY bad lol. I'm in the learning steps of course. Making up for lost time I could have been practicing.

Thanks for replying guys. If my drawings do get better i'll post them here.
Well, you have to start somehwere...you don't need to draw on any specific medium just whatever you're comfortable with...nothing wrong with just the good ole' fashioned pencil and paper...digital art you should only try if you really have the opportunity to or if you really reeeallly want to but there's quite a bit of adjustment involved when going from traditional to digital...but it's mostly for the sake of convenience...

Best thing to do is to just keep drawing...There's definitely a lot to cover when you're learning but it's best to try to cover the foundations...Anatomy, Gestures, and Perspective are some good places to start when learning how to draw...also just scribbling lines, circles, squares, triangles or just random nonesense; get that pencil moving and get your hands used to the feel of it on the paper so you can learn to keep control of how you're drawing...

D

Deleted member

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven
I am back after playing around a world that I found in Minecraft. It was a roller coaster world which I built for a few days in the summer, but it was not finished. I rode it all and I did the caculations.
From start to finish, the roller coaster distance in kilometers and miles is...
25.96 kilometers, which is about 16.13 miles.
And it took me FIFTY MINUTES to ride the roller coaster from beginning to the end.
It only took me a few days and to make that progress and it is not even finished.... It was not just bland either, I was curving, going north, west, south, east, up, down, whatever. It felt like I was traveling the world. Dang, I was really creative back in the summer.
I know some users are going to feel uncomfortable about a fourteen year old talking about Minecraft, but I do not care about their complaints. :)
Must've missed that memo, cause I still play it now and again.

Do what you want. Do what makes you happy. Someone wants to give you **** for it, **** em.
Good words of encouragement. I might keep this quote with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*looks deeply into the space around the space of outer space*

...Maybe...

*closes eyes slowly*

...I should stop procrastinating.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was always told shiny females were impossible in gen 2, but on my first egg of breeding Exeggcute, I hatched a shiny female.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It looks like only pokemon with high male rates vs females can't be shiny (Like Eevee and the Starters). Well, it's a good thing I'm not giving exeggutor any physical attacks. It's probably better a purely special based pokemon is female. That way when it's confused it won't hurt itself as much.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Got the Lv40 convo for F!Morgan.

Usually enjoy them and all, but this one in particular:

morgan_hnngh.png

computer_furret_by_keijimatsu-d3g118d.png

protecc_the_cinnamon_roll.exe

*looks deeply into the space around the space of outer space*

...Maybe...

*closes eyes slowly*

...I should stop procrastinating.
You and I both.

I expect we'll stop about the same time too.

D

Deleted member

Ura Ura Wolfie557 Wolfie557

I've participated in some art classes myself in the past, but none of them have tried to push my skill to its limits. They really are some simple works instead done traditionally. Don't have them anymore.

I've been drawing since the dawn of Earth, and I went the self-taught route and learned all the things I know alone. But the thing I have to do is draw and draw more everyday. Unfortunately other hobbies like playing games get away. So if I want to draw more, I'd have to play games less. What do you think?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I made a whole lot more mileage with my art being self-taught...

It does drive the point that you can't really be 'taught' how to draw...You just draw, and you teach yourself how to get better through your own experiences and figuring out what works with you...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ura Ura Wolfie557 Wolfie557

I've participated in some art classes myself in the past, but none of them have tried to push my skill to its limits. They really are some simple works instead done traditionally. Don't have them anymore.

I've been drawing since the dawn of Earth, and I went the self-taught route and learned all the things I know alone. But the thing I have to do is draw and draw more everyday. Unfortunately other hobbies like playing games get away. So if I want to draw more, I'd have to play games less. What do you think?
Ideally since my aspiration is to be a game designer of sorts I would want to do both. There can be room for a healthy mix of both right? It's not mutually exclusive or anything.

Personally I wish this was something I practiced as a kid. Better late then never I suppose lol.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I haven't drawn in a while, mostly because I ran out of pencils... and eraser... and notebook.
As my phone is borken, I cannot take photos of my stuff, but this image represents it well:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
XC2 Ver 1.3.1. will be released at the end of March to address some NG+ bugs
None of the bugs are fatal. Most of them are related to the Common Blade you get for Rex and can be worked around via software restart.
The patch apparently will focus on fixing the Trust issue of released and rebonded Blades where the Trust doesn't go beyond S.

D

Deleted member

Whoever changed the title, nice! I am really excited for Kirby Star Allies!
Goodnight everyone, I hope your day is great. It is nice to get some sleep.

D

Deleted member

I’m unhealthily attracted to this version of Morgan. What the actual hell?
Why? Nice face but chest and "others" are too small.
What have I become?
Dang, you're young

Dang, Im old
Time does fly fast, huh. I can see why you feel old, you probably remember the early 2000's to late 1990's stuff. The 1980's and 1990's sounded like a very interesting era, but I think I am glad to be born this late. :p

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Sometimes there are times where I just wish Nintendo would come out and say "Ayo, here's who's in the new Smash bros game" and just leak the entire roster. It'd save people a hell of a lot of disappointment if their choice character isn't there and it'd prevent a hell of a lot of fake leaks. Call me crazy but I can only see a positive to that.

(Keep in mind that I'm like half asleep while typing this XD)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Why? Nice face but chest and "others" are too small.
What have I become?
I always dig the Robin costume, especially on female Robin, so adding that on her shoulders but having a skirt type bottom is excellent, add that to the thigh highs, the boots, the blue hair, and the purple eyes, and, whoo, they have me weak.

Honestly, breasts make the least amount of difference to me... and... whatever else you’re talking about too I guess. If you wanna me to be attracted to you, all you really have to do is have a kickass taste in style and/or makeup. Being cool and funny, and having those other “features” are nice too though. :p

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Got the Lv40 convo for F!Morgan.

Usually enjoy them and all, but this one in particular:

View attachment 138871

View attachment 138872

protecc_the_cinnamon_roll.exe
Okay what is the thing on her shoulders?
Like is that some graphics tool she decided to put on? They look to possibly be only attached by those ropes so I don't know what she's doing.
And that's not even getting to the mantis arms on her legs. Like I guess they're strapped on maybe? Do mages need that?

Is this what passes as mage clothing?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Sometimes there are times where I just wish Nintendo would come out and say "Ayo, here's who's in the new Smash bros game" and just leak the entire roster. It'd save people a hell of a lot of disappointment if their choice character isn't there and it'd prevent a hell of a lot of fake leaks. Call me crazy but I can only see a positive to that.

(Keep in mind that I'm like half asleep while typing this XD)
That's how I kinda feel tbh.

Skip all the fluff man just tell us who's in and who's not.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
That's how I kinda feel tbh.

Skip all the fluff man just tell us who's in and who's not.
Pretty much yeah, that's how I'm also kinda feeling about the Dissidia season pass. Just can the guessing game and tell us who's there, I want to know if I should spend my money on this or not. Just squash my hopes early, don't get me hyped up before you do it.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean hey they gotta peddle this hype train somehow.
It's either that or wait 'till release date, 'cause there's no way they'll release the roster early.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not suprisingly, im not a fan of howg girl Morgan looks in FEH

Most of the units I have are dudes and I almost only use the dudes. Why do I need a setsuna when I have niles and the other archer, blond haired boy.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I mean hey they gotta peddle this hype train somehow.
It's either that or wait 'till release date, 'cause there's no way they'll release the roster early.
Ah well, I'm looking forward to the Top 40 hits of Smash Speculation, featuring such classic songs as:

-Another anime swordsman?!
-Why's my *Insert favorite here* Not here?!
-Sakurai Bias (featuring Childish Gambino)
-Too Big
-Rigged Ballot (featuring Kendrick Lamarr)
-DLC Blues
-Just a generic minion (Featuring Chance The Rapper)

And many more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom