• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Personally I'm kind of split on Monolith's design. I think their character design has a tendency to very heavily cross some decency lines, and I'm not even the type of person that would normally notice stuff like certain Fire Emblem designs or that one thigh fetish thing without people actively pointing it out to me. On the other hand, their landscape design is very very creative and top notch and tends to be lively with big immersive environments if not necessarily the highest detail if you really get up close. Now, synergy with a main Nintendo team is key here because core Nintendo is the opposite, heavily conservative design wise and super big on attention to detail on the small scale but really misses the forest for the trees at times, figuratively and literally.

Monolith slipping into more of a development co-op role on the next Zelda could turn out pretty nicely because Xeno games have a lot of the things people complained about BotW not having such as huge varieties of enemies, fairly complex plotlines, and a good number of sidequests. Meanwhile the core 3D Zelda team is almost certain to polish out the flaws in Monolith's design methods until their input is smooth enough to show a reflection. They make a good yin-yang team in theory, so I'm more than up for seeing them with some more equalized input.

Considering the complaints people had, tag teaming might very well make a game that tops BotW. No such thing as a guarantee when it comes to video game development, of course, but they really cover each other's weaknesses and have unique strengths to bring to the table. Granted, we know this in the first place because they're hiring new staff, so maybe that'll throw a wrench in what we can expect if anything at all.
Fwiw about the designs, they seem to just hire freelancers and give them near free reign on their own games.

I want to think that with a Zelda game it'd be pretty different. Doubt we'd be seeing the likes of Zelda running around in micro bikini thong armor.

It'd be Link instead.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Considering the Ultimate Thread got actual Smash talk, I can go back to hibernate here.

Memethra: Homecoming.
Just went to check, doesn't even seem THAT big tbh.

Also I find that thread waaay too fast for me for some reason. Considering I used to be in it all the time (or at least the older version), and it was just as, if not more active, I dunno what happened.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's gotten back into Smash talk?

I seem to have the worst luck cause everytime I feel like checking it out, it seems like nothing but negativity about something or somebody and no Smash discussion.

If you find that just tag me and I'll do my thing.

Fwiw about the designs, they seem to just hire freelancers and give them near free reign on their own games.

I want to think that with a Zelda game it'd be pretty different. Doubt we'd be seeing the likes of Zelda running around in micro bikini thong armor.

It'd be Link instead.

A Princess Zelda desgined by Saitom
Just for the glory of Satan.

D

Deleted member

It's honestly surprising how many people I hear on the Ultimate Thread say "I don't really play Smash that much anymore" and then complain about having no Smash news or whatever, like, buddy, you have the ****ing game already, you can go play it, ya know?

Potato_

Smash Lord
It's honestly surprising how many people I hear on the Ultimate Thread say "I don't really play Smash that much anymore" and then complain about having no Smash news or whatever, like, buddy, you have the ****ing game already, you can go play it, ya know?
People want to get excited with new stuff, I get it. At the same time though, even if you do get a big announcement of some hype character, doesn't really mean much if you don't play.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I do play it still. Although it'd be nice to actually play it with other people from time to time.

Which will happen more often when me and my family move to our new house where we'll be closer to more of our friends and other family, with some who actually do play games as well..

Last edited:

Chrono.

Oh wow, apparently no one was even allowed to record or take pictures of the MK11 Switch port.

I don't get it. Why the secrecy? The game supposedly runs fine, plays fine and looks good. So why hide it so much? Why hide it when the game is only weeks away of release?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What page you on?
Page four. I'm the second post but the first post WHEEEWW

And then someone had to nerve to say that guy's post was "great but the gun ruined it"

Buddy if I had that kind of skill I'd be charging $50 a pop for commissions instead of crumpling into a ball hoping someone finds my scribbles funny. "Gun ruined it" my worthless unskilled kiester.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh wow, apparently no one was even allowed to record or take pictures of the MK11 Switch port.

I don't get it. Why the secrecy? The game supposedly runs fine, plays fine and looks good. So why hide it so much? Why hide it when the game is only weeks away of release?
Clearly they don’t want us to see the smash trailer in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom