• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmm, you're talking about the robot in the ship, right? If so, you know you can slow down his arm by shooting them, or even destroy them for a short time by using the fire dash on them twice? For the missiles, you can safely wait down there until it stop firing, and when his arm shoot, you can safely wait at the bottom since the hand projectile won't reach you, then you can repeat the process until you win.

I hope those advice help because, trust me, the pain isn't THAT worth it imo.

Also, yeah, I want Jason in Smash in some way now.
Yeah that’s what I was talking about. If it’s anything like Gathervira it’ll take a solid 20 times to beat lol

I’m gonna work on a moveset for Jason, yes including G-Sophia(and not as the final smash)!

I have some important news to share:
Isn’t that twitter channel like the onion news for games?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah that’s what I was talking about. If it’s anything like Gathervira it’ll take a solid 20 times to beat lol

I’m gonna work on a moveset for Jason, yes including G-Sophia(and not as the final smash)!

Isn’t that twitter channel like the onion news for games?
oh no...you’ve been pranked

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Hope you the best then, for the boss & the moveset for Jason.

Nobody deserve to get tortured by ladders, nobody.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It's time for me to continue my top 100 favorite fictional characters of all time list!
Here are the hints for the next few characters out:

#70- A fan-favorite Disney villain
#69- A comic book villain who has been very popular among the past few years
#68- One of the only characters with any kind of solid moral compass from one of HBO's most acclaimed shows
#67- A video game heroine
#66- Another video game heroine​

D

Deleted member

It's time for me to continue my top 100 favorite fictional characters of all time list!

#68- One of the only characters with any kind of solid moral compass from one of HBO's most acclaimed shows
Scar
Venom?
A character from GoT ( Never watched the show ).
Jill Valentine
Shantae ( Why does everyone obsess over this chracter? )

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

I don't know about the others, but I'd guess 68 is Jon Snow?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Finally, creepy Gold is gone from my avi. :)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, this is an old topic. But you guys ever just look back at your previous posts and thread just to remember what kind of person you were?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, this is an old topic. But you guys ever just look back at your previous posts and thread just to remember what kind of person you were?
Bruh this is me literally all the time. I always cringe when I look back on 2014-2016/7 me and how I would react or what I would say.

And there's a few certain posts in my history that I want to slap myself for.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
HERE WE GO, NEXT 5 CHARACTERS ON MY LIST

#70- Claude Frollo
Hunchback of Notre Dame

Frollo is one of the greatest animation villains I have ever seen. While Hunchback is a solid film in general, Frollo is what SOLD me on the film, especially because his personality is actually very real in the real world, in one way or another. Frollo is known as being one of the most powerful Catholic arch-deacons in all of France. His story of being this self-righteous, cunning menace to Quasimodo and all of the gypsies in France is an interesting arc. Frollo SEES himself as a righteous being and he tries to always do the right thing...but because of his vanity, he's never willing to soul-search and admit when he's done wrong. Passing the blame is Frollo's forte. So, he's a delusional person who thinks that he's a virtuous soul when he's actually one of the most despicable people that Disney's ever made...and it's wonderful. He's such an interesting villain because self-righteousness, vanity, and thinking he's always in the right are very common problems within society today. It also sheds light on persecution of a people group that goes relatively unnoticed by many in the present. He's also very well-written and entertaining as a character considering how menacing and evil he actually is, with abusing Quasimodo for years, among other things.

#69- Loki
Marvel

Loki has a wonderful arc, and it's because of that arc that he ranks in my top 100 characters of all time. Loki is Thor's brother and is the trickster god among the Asgard kingdom. He's known for being a villain and trying to be the ultimate ruler over all, but his character goes deeper than that. In the first Thor film, he feels more like an anti-villain. He's still a villain, being manipulative and wanting to take over Asgard and go up the ladder from there, but he wasn't always that evil. When he learns about his past with the frost giants, his self-identity implodes. He feels that his father betrayed him for never being honest about Loki's heritage, and I don't blame Loki for feeling that way. He certainly used that anger towards his father in the wrong way, but I sympathized for him with how his fallout with his father Odin went.

After his identity crisis in Thor, he works as more of a standard villain in MCU movies. He's absolutely hilarious in Avengers 1, and is a well-written villain in that film as well. He also has moments to shine in future Thor films as well, where he still has villainous tendencies, but he begins to soften in personality. This all leads up to how he heroically sacrifices himself for Thor in order to protect Thor from Thanos and Thanos' henchmen. Even with Loki being at odds with his brother for so long, and being villainous for most of the MCU...Loki died a hero. He was still being a trickster until his death (with trying to sneak attack Thanos and Thanos' men) but instead of it being for his own evil goals...he wanted to get the infinity stones away from the wrong hands and also save Thor, his brother's, life. I also remember in Infinity War how he finally refers to himself as "Odin's son"...that's a big step for Loki's character, considering how Loki has hated his father for a while at this point. He really turned around in attitude toward the end of his life.

Loki's got many layers, and it's for all those reasons that he ranks in a respectable 69th place.

#68- Adriana de la Cerva
The Sopranos

Poor girl has possibly the toughest break in The Sopranos.

I get why people were saying that it's someone from Game of Thrones, but I've only seen one season and I don't plan on continuing with that show at this point. Anyway, while GoT is certainly the most popular HBO show right now, one cannot underrate the impact that The Sopranos left. Rolling Stone considers Sopranos to be the best tv show of all time, and there's a good reason why: it has so many incredibly well-written characters, and one of the many is Adriana. She's someone that's introduced early, being the boyfriend of Chris. However, she grows in depth as the show goes on. Despite dating someone who wants to be part of the mafia, Adriana isn't really interested in Chris' malicious lifestyle. She just loves Chris for who he is, for better or worse...and I respect that a ton and feel bad for her because Chris becomes abusive toward her later on in the series. Despite Chris verbally berating her constantly in later seasons, she stays loyal to him and refuses to divorce him. It's incredible the love she feels for Chris, but Adriana deserved much better than what she received.

To complicate things, not only is Chris cruel towards Adriana most of the time, but an FBI agent begins to spy on Chris, and Adriana becomes stuck between a rock and a hard place...does she help out the FBI and bring criminals to justice, or does she protect her boyfriend Chris despite knowing that he's a member of the mafia? In the end, Adriana decides to protect Chris as much as possible, despite agreeing to wear a wire. After the main character and main mob boss Tony learns of the plot, he has Adriana killed.

Adriana has a tragic character. Among all of the mob characters in this show, she's the only one that seems to recognize what's right and what's wrong, and tries to do the right thing despite how tough it can be sometimes. She doesn't thrive in evil like many of Tony's henchman, nor does she justify bad means with "good ends" like Tony does. Instead, she recognizes when she makes mistakes, does all she can to make up for those mistakes, and be the best person she can be in the end. She's a wonderful character and one of the most likable in Sopranos.

#67- Bayonetta/Cereza
Bayonetta

The first time I ever learned about Bayo, it was because of Smash rather than her actual games. So, due to her oppressive moveset in Smash 4, I started out disliking the character, despite appreciating the flashiness and uniqueness of her moveset. Thankfully, that ended up changing when she was balanced for Ultimate AND I ended up watching the story of Bayonetta 1.

Bayo is a character that's known for being a total queen of sass and being very fun in personality. She has attitude, snark, and loves to taunt her enemies while taking them down. That made me like how she was written from the start, because her personality is very fun and likable for me. Her story makes me really like her character, though. Bayo is an Umbra witch who has no memory of who she is. Throughout the course of the first game, she definitely knows that the angels don't like her, but she has no idea what connection they truly have to her until she learns about her past through her younger self: Cereza. After recovering all that happened in her past, including the war between the lumen sages and umbra witches, she ends up fighting Balder in order to make sure that balance is kept within the world and that it doesn't fall into the wrong hands (namely; Balder).

Bayo has great character development throughout her games. She goes from a snarky woman with no memory of who she is into a person who matures and becomes someone who fights for the greater good and protects the young and innocent, despite her initial negative feelings towards children. She's a very likable character and I love playing her in Smash Ultimate for many reasons. The main reason though is because her character is very likable to me, because she grows into a more mature, warmer person while also keeping her wonderful sass throughout her games.

#66- Sheik/Zelda
Legend of Zelda

One of the most classic plot twists to ever exist is that Sheik is the altar-ego of Zelda. From the minute I learned that when first learning about OoT's lore, I knew I was gonna love this character.

Zelda is already likable from the start, being a character who's known for wisdom and can actually hold her own in battle and is significantly tougher than some of her other princess counterparts (looking at you, Peach :V). Zelda still is always in danger of getting kidnapped, but at least she always puts up a fight...and through being able to shift into Sheik, she's able to escape as well. This makes Zelda/Sheik all the cooler to me, because 1.) Zelda's got an interesting alter-ego, and 2.) Sheik is a ninja, essentially. Anyway, Sheik completes the character for me. I get that I'm also including Zelda within this entry, but Sheik is the reason why this character is so high. Sheik is my favorite character in the LoZ series, being a character full of intrigue. Sheik is extremely smart, resourceful, and key to understanding the lore within the LoZ franchise, especially when it relates to OoT and the Sheikah group. I also love playing as Sheik in Smash Bros. and Hyrule Warriors. She may be weak, but she's extremely fast and has some pretty hype combos within her arsenal. Sheik is pretty much the epitome of cool within the Zelda franchise, and her personality and how she's involved with helping Link defeat Ganon makes the storyline all the more interesting in the LoZ franchise as well.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well might as well post my idea for Jason.

B- Blast Counter(Jason does a spin and if hit by a projectile shoots a large golden beam in the direction it came from)
B Side- Grenade(Jason tosses a grenade forward that goes in a downward arc which then explodes not long after dealing decent damage)
B Up- Fred Portal(Fred while riding on Jason’s shoulder makes a portal which Jason hops in. The exit portal then being able to be directed by tilting the control stick immediately after using the move)
B Down- G-Sophia(While standing in front of G-Sophia he hops into it)

G-Sophia:
B- Hexa Missiles(fires 6 small missiles forward, holding makes them target lock an opponent)
B side- Burning Spark(G-Sophia gets surrounded in flames and shoots forward)
B Up- Hover Module(G-Sophia hovers upward similar to ROB’s upB)
B Down- Eject(Jason jumps out of G-Sophia when on solid ground)

Jason can’t wall jump but G-Sophia can. G-Sophia can’t grab but Jason can. G-Sophia uses SP for all specials ,save down B. SP regenerates very slowly dropping from big distances refills a big amount of SP. Jason and G-Sophia each have their own final smash.

Metal Shop X Metal Shop X might as well tag you, see what you think.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well might as well post my idea for Jason.

B- Blast Counter(Jason does a spin and if hit by a projectile shoots a large golden beam in the direction it came from)
B Side- Grenade(Jason tosses a grenade forward that goes in a downward arc which then explodes not long after dealing decent damage)
B Up- Fred Portal(Fred while riding on Jason’s shoulder makes a portal which Jason hops in. The exit portal then being able to be directed by tilting the control stick immediately after using the move)
B Down- G-Sophia(While standing in front of G-Sophia he hops into it)

G-Sophia:
B- Hexa Missiles(fires 6 small missiles forward, holding makes them target lock an opponent)
B side- Burning Spark(G-Sophia gets surrounded in flames and shoots forward)
B Up- Hover Module(G-Sophia hovers upward similar to ROB’s upB)
B Down- Eject(Jason jumps out of G-Sophia when on solid ground)

Jason can’t wall jump but G-Sophia can. G-Sophia can’t grab but Jason can. G-Sophia uses SP for all specials ,save down B. SP regenerates very slowly dropping from big distances refills a big amount of SP. Jason and G-Sophia each have their own final smash.

Metal Shop X Metal Shop X might as well tag you, see what you think.
Heyyy, good ideas all around, I could see a official moveset ressembling the one you made.

Good job man.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Hi NintenZone, how have you been lately? I've been inactive last weeks due to an accident, but I'm glad I can be on here again.

Sad thing is that I can't play Smash at all... I finally booted my Switch to try some matches but my hands hurt a lot while playing, I thought they were fine but nope. I want suggestions on games that don't require heavy execution to have something to play while I recover (maybe some indie or something since I don't know of that stuff). It also sucks because I missed DMC5 hype and I can't buy it at the moment because I wouldn't be able to play it...

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hi NintenZone, how have you been lately? I've been inactive last weeks due to an accident, but I'm glad I can be on here again.

Sad thing is that I can't play Smash at all... I finally booted my Switch to try some matches but my hands hurt a lot while playing, I thought they were fine but nope. I want suggestions on games that don't require heavy execution to have something to play while I recover (maybe some indie or something since I don't know of that stuff). It also sucks because I missed DMC5 hype and I can't buy it at the moment because I wouldn't be able to play it...
You might still be able to play dmc5 if you go for autocombo mode on a lower difficulty it might b e a lot less strenous on your hands. If not that maybe
play a turn based RPG, there's a lot of options out there like Tales of Versperia or the Final Fantasy rereleases. A strategy or puzzle game might work too like Wargroove.
Anyways, Here's to a swift recovery.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope you make a swift recovery!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Glad to see you around Joja. You were completely absent in the MHA Mafia game so I wondered what happened to you lol. Even joked about it in the thread.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

That explains why I only saw Catria saying hi but you were absent here.
Welcome back, hope you fully recover soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Figures. All I need to know. Thank you.
welp.PNG

HERE WE GO, NEXT 5 CHARACTERS ON MY LIST

#70- Claude Frollo
Hunchback of Notre Dame

Frollo is one of the greatest animation villains I have ever seen. While Hunchback is a solid film in general, Frollo is what SOLD me on the film, especially because his personality is actually very real in the real world, in one way or another. Frollo is known as being one of the most powerful Catholic arch-deacons in all of France. His story of being this self-righteous, cunning menace to Quasimodo and all of the gypsies in France is an interesting arc. Frollo SEES himself as a righteous being and he tries to always do the right thing...but because of his vanity, he's never willing to soul-search and admit when he's done wrong. Passing the blame is Frollo's forte. So, he's a delusional person who thinks that he's a virtuous soul when he's actually one of the most despicable people that Disney's ever made...and it's wonderful. He's such an interesting villain because self-righteousness, vanity, and thinking he's always in the right are very common problems within society today. It also sheds light on persecution of a people group that goes relatively unnoticed by many in the present. He's also very well-written and entertaining as a character considering how menacing and evil he actually is, with abusing Quasimodo for years, among other things.

#69- Loki
Marvel

Loki has a wonderful arc, and it's because of that arc that he ranks in my top 100 characters of all time. Loki is Thor's brother and is the trickster god among the Asgard kingdom. He's known for being a villain and trying to be the ultimate ruler over all, but his character goes deeper than that. In the first Thor film, he feels more like an anti-villain. He's still a villain, being manipulative and wanting to take over Asgard and go up the ladder from there, but he wasn't always that evil. When he learns about his past with the frost giants, his self-identity implodes. He feels that his father betrayed him for never being honest about Loki's heritage, and I don't blame Loki for feeling that way. He certainly used that anger towards his father in the wrong way, but I sympathized for him with how his fallout with his father Odin went.

After his identity crisis in Thor, he works as more of a standard villain in MCU movies. He's absolutely hilarious in Avengers 1, and is a well-written villain in that film as well. He also has moments to shine in future Thor films as well, where he still has villainous tendencies, but he begins to soften in personality. This all leads up to how he heroically sacrifices himself for Thor in order to protect Thor from Thanos and Thanos' henchmen. Even with Loki being at odds with his brother for so long, and being villainous for most of the MCU...Loki died a hero. He was still being a trickster until his death (with trying to sneak attack Thanos and Thanos' men) but instead of it being for his own evil goals...he wanted to get the infinity stones away from the wrong hands and also save Thor, his brother's, life. I also remember in Infinity War how he finally refers to himself as "Odin's son"...that's a big step for Loki's character, considering how Loki has hated his father for a while at this point. He really turned around in attitude toward the end of his life.

Loki's got many layers, and it's for all those reasons that he ranks in a respectable 69th place.

#68- Adriana de la Cerva
The Sopranos

Poor girl has possibly the toughest break in The Sopranos.

I get why people were saying that it's someone from Game of Thrones, but I've only seen one season and I don't plan on continuing with that show at this point. Anyway, while GoT is certainly the most popular HBO show right now, one cannot underrate the impact that The Sopranos left. Rolling Stone considers Sopranos to be the best tv show of all time, and there's a good reason why: it has so many incredibly well-written characters, and one of the many is Adriana. She's someone that's introduced early, being the boyfriend of Chris. However, she grows in depth as the show goes on. Despite dating someone who wants to be part of the mafia, Adriana isn't really interested in Chris' malicious lifestyle. She just loves Chris for who he is, for better or worse...and I respect that a ton and feel bad for her because Chris becomes abusive toward her later on in the series. Despite Chris verbally berating her constantly in later seasons, she stays loyal to him and refuses to divorce him. It's incredible the love she feels for Chris, but Adriana deserved much better than what she received.

To complicate things, not only is Chris cruel towards Adriana most of the time, but an FBI agent begins to spy on Chris, and Adriana becomes stuck between a rock and a hard place...does she help out the FBI and bring criminals to justice, or does she protect her boyfriend Chris despite knowing that he's a member of the mafia? In the end, Adriana decides to protect Chris as much as possible, despite agreeing to wear a wire. After the main character and main mob boss Tony learns of the plot, he has Adriana killed.

Adriana has a tragic character. Among all of the mob characters in this show, she's the only one that seems to recognize what's right and what's wrong, and tries to do the right thing despite how tough it can be sometimes. She doesn't thrive in evil like many of Tony's henchman, nor does she justify bad means with "good ends" like Tony does. Instead, she recognizes when she makes mistakes, does all she can to make up for those mistakes, and be the best person she can be in the end. She's a wonderful character and one of the most likable in Sopranos.

#67- Bayonetta/Cereza
Bayonetta

The first time I ever learned about Bayo, it was because of Smash rather than her actual games. So, due to her oppressive moveset in Smash 4, I started out disliking the character, despite appreciating the flashiness and uniqueness of her moveset. Thankfully, that ended up changing when she was balanced for Ultimate AND I ended up watching the story of Bayonetta 1.

Bayo is a character that's known for being a total queen of sass and being very fun in personality. She has attitude, snark, and loves to taunt her enemies while taking them down. That made me like how she was written from the start, because her personality is very fun and likable for me. Her story makes me really like her character, though. Bayo is an Umbra witch who has no memory of who she is. Throughout the course of the first game, she definitely knows that the angels don't like her, but she has no idea what connection they truly have to her until she learns about her past through her younger self: Cereza. After recovering all that happened in her past, including the war between the lumen sages and umbra witches, she ends up fighting Balder in order to make sure that balance is kept within the world and that it doesn't fall into the wrong hands (namely; Balder).

Bayo has great character development throughout her games. She goes from a snarky woman with no memory of who she is into a person who matures and becomes someone who fights for the greater good and protects the young and innocent, despite her initial negative feelings towards children. She's a very likable character and I love playing her in Smash Ultimate for many reasons. The main reason though is because her character is very likable to me, because she grows into a more mature, warmer person while also keeping her wonderful sass throughout her games.

#66- Sheik/Zelda
Legend of Zelda

One of the most classic plot twists to ever exist is that Sheik is the altar-ego of Zelda. From the minute I learned that when first learning about OoT's lore, I knew I was gonna love this character.

Zelda is already likable from the start, being a character who's known for wisdom and can actually hold her own in battle and is significantly tougher than some of her other princess counterparts (looking at you, Peach :V). Zelda still is always in danger of getting kidnapped, but at least she always puts up a fight...and through being able to shift into Sheik, she's able to escape as well. This makes Zelda/Sheik all the cooler to me, because 1.) Zelda's got an interesting alter-ego, and 2.) Sheik is a ninja, essentially. Anyway, Sheik completes the character for me. I get that I'm also including Zelda within this entry, but Sheik is the reason why this character is so high. Sheik is my favorite character in the LoZ series, being a character full of intrigue. Sheik is extremely smart, resourceful, and key to understanding the lore within the LoZ franchise, especially when it relates to OoT and the Sheikah group. I also love playing as Sheik in Smash Bros. and Hyrule Warriors. She may be weak, but she's extremely fast and has some pretty hype combos within her arsenal. Sheik is pretty much the epitome of cool within the Zelda franchise, and her personality and how she's involved with helping Link defeat Ganon makes the storyline all the more interesting in the LoZ franchise as well.
I was going to say Claude Frollo. :p

Potato_

Smash Lord

Depends on how heavy you mean, but for some examples of games that require little to none:

Baba is You is pretty new, it's a puzzle game with a really cool premise in that you have to move words around in a sentence to change the properties of the level. It sounds weird but if you like puzzles it's great.

If you want classic rpg with more of a focus on story and humor, look up West of Loathing. Gameplay is pretty eh but the game shines in its writing and exploration. Lots of funny sidequests and secrets to find.

Slay the Spire is good if you like card games. You go through different battles, building your deck as you go along with the cards offered to you. There's random events that can help and hurt you, and a huge variety of buffs, cards and passive items that make every run feel really different.

All are really damn good indies that you could easily play without too much exertion on your hands, that is if you want to go the indies route.

Hope the healing process goes well!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Glad to see you around Joja. You were completely absent in the MHA Mafia game so I wondered what happened to you lol. Even joked about it in the thread.
Oh yeah Jojalole Jojalole you should ask @Shishœ to add you to the spectator chat for the game. If you have the time might be a fun read.

I hope you feel better man!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom