• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I feel like my drawing skills on paper are still improving at a steady rate. Though obviously, there's still ways to get even better. But my digital art skills are lacking. Like my lines feel way more wobbly in comparison, sometimes my drawing pad don't like to pick very small lines. Which can be a bit irritating since I like to use small lines to build up a larger shape.

Bit by bit I'm getting to where I want to be, but I know I've got a ways to go.
I also use small lines to build up a larger one.

Sometimes it feels like a bad habit.

D

Deleted member

Good night NintenZone!

If any of you want to play Minecraft or Smash Bros with me, tag me right away. I will make a schedule.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
why am i even here

i havent played smash in a solid month and a half

KMDP

Smash Legend
Who cares. We could all be brains in jars, but that doesn't really ultimately affect us.
Technically, we're all brains in jars made of Collagen housed inside large sacks of meat.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Technically, we're all brains in jars made of Collagen inside large sacks of meat.
We're all fleas on this dying animal called the Earth.

I will cleanse this beast so that it may live on pure of the disgusting filth that has infested it for so long.

Insert anime villain laugh.

KMDP

Smash Legend
We're all fleas on this dying animal called the Earth.

I will cleanse this beast so that it may live on pure of the disgusting filth that has infested it for so long.

Insert anime villain laugh.
Humans are just an animal that figured out "fire + meat = better meat" and that walking upright freed up their hands to do other more important things and think they are inherently superior for figuring these things out.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
God. Fortnite plays really weird on Switch.

Edit: and that is the first and last time I ever play that ****ing game. Holy garbage.

Last edited:

Louise

Smash Cadet
God. Fortnite plays really weird on Switch.

Edit: and that is the first and last time I ever play that ****ing game. Holy garbage.
yeah it does my pc can not ran it that well anymore but playing on the switch is hard

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's very telling that you outright admit you care more about Trish's fully naked body than the actual game by admitting you aren't a DMC fan. Nobody cares because Lady and Trish are gay and Dante respects lesbians more than he respects himself
So you have problem with dudes who like to see a naked female body? When they are playing a Matured rated game? [Just half-joking, don't take it too out of context]
Nice going with the assumption, but that's never the point anyway... I'm more interested on how Sony censor DMC V and how Internet reacts to this. From I've seen people expect Trish in the scene to be naked anyway, it was the censorship that bothers apparently.

Same with Trish's sexuality... I don't understand the connection of censoring her nudity in that scene and her being a lebsian. (Unless you are implying that it people don't care that censoring lesbian females when they are naked then I don't even...) But thanks for the info nevertheless.

While I agree people who aren't DMC don't care about the censorship, that being you went derailing the problem by mentioning her sexuality, again it's not the content they censor was what people really cared, it is once again how Sony shove their new censorship policy, even to notable and M rated games like DMC V. Since it seems that it is only North American PS4 version that's getting censored.
Why do people insist on comparing both of those movies to one another? I know it's because both have female protagonists but why else?

Not to mention those GIFs of Alita some people post under Captain Marvel articles on Facebook
I don't think comparing those two movies are wrong, chances are it's mostly likely that the two movies were in theater about the same period of time and have female main characters. Hope my explanation can sort of clear it...

What's weird is how you have some Youtubers gave unfair flack to Captain Marvel and call out some media outlet biased against Alita, despite both have their fair share of criticisms.

Edit:
As I said before, Captain Marvel and Alita: Battle Angel are both great movies to watch. That being said, Spider" Into the Spidervers is my most favorite Marvel Movie/ Animated Movie/ Spiderman movie.

I found Spider Gwen's theme in the movie too, check it out:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm still here, and I've lost almost all of my interest in Smash.

Not too bad, especially since there's over 100 mons.
There's literally not though.
The picture shows 96.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's a big picture
The one thing that makes me a little wary of this leak is that we already have a Sun Wukong Starter in Infernape. Not that that would necessarily stop Game Freak in any way, really.
Well, that definitely lines up.

I'm honestly surprised it took until now to get legendaries based on the Four Symbols of Chinese mythology.
And in a region based on Britain, no less.

Well, it's not the first time Game Freak has introduced Pokémon based on concepts or themes unrelated to the place in the world the region is based on (e.g. Emboar)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The one thing that makes me a little wary of this leak is that we already have a Sun Wukong Starter in Infernape. Not that that would necessarily stop Game Freak in any way, really.

And in a region based on Britain, no less.

Well, it's not the first time Game Freak has introduced Pokémon based on concepts or themes unrelated to the place in the world the region is based on (e.g. Emboar)
Starter concepts have never aligned with a region which is why I was skeptical about Football Scorbunny.
The Unova starters were based off French, Chinese and Japanese royalty
The Kalos starters were based off RPG classes, one of which is based off Japanese culture.
The Alola starters were based off entertainers(Archery, Wrestking and Singing), none of which are directly related to Hawaiian culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Another successful boycott
/s
Those who call out boycotting the movie are dumb, but I already did my fair of reviewing the movie, so it's nice to too see it making profit... like almost every MCU movies, except the first MCU Hulk... I guess.

And sorry I'm gonna mention Alita: Battle Angel again ,the movie got around 382.7 million to it's 170 million budget, for an movie based on a not-so-popular cyberpunk manga is impressive (Ghost In The Shell movie only got around 169.8 million to its 110 million budget, despite being an okay movie to me)

Captain Marvel is probably gonna get similar reception to how Star Wars the Last Jedi get. It is a great Star Wars movie and a commercial success but it still got some notable criticisms.

KMDP

Smash Legend
[Star Wars the Last Jedi] is a great Star Wars movie
Woah, hold on.

I thought TLJ was considered, like, among the worst Star Wars movies.

Granted, I haven't kept up with public consensus since it came out. But I remember it's ticket sales going down 70% in the second week or something (this isn't normal for a Star Wars movie, even accounting for the competition it had at the time).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Starter concepts have never aligned with a region which is why I was skeptical about Football Scorbunny.
The Unova starters were based off French, Chinese and Japanese royalty
The Kalos starters were based off RPG classes, one of which is based off Japanese culture.
The Alola starters were based off entertainers(Archery, Wrestking and Singing), none of which are directly related to Hawaiian culture.
Legendaries have it even better. :p

Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and Regigigas are inspired by Jewish golems despite existing in regions based on Japan.
Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde take inspiration from Norse Mythology and show up in a region based on France.
Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo are based on the titular Three Musketeers and d'Artagnan, and show up in a region based on the New York tristate area.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Woah, hold on.

Yeah... I have heard of that a lot and seen plenty of YT videos stated that as well.

That being the The Last Jedi was still well-reviewed on Rotten Tomatoes, and gets over 13 billion dollar in the box office, but it got review bombed and polarized reviews from audience and fans as well, so it's not exactly the same, but pretty similar when it comes to Captain Marvel's reception so far.

D

Deleted member

Legendaries have it even better. :p

Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and Regigigas are inspired by Jewish golems despite existing in regions based on Japan.
Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde take inspiration from Norse Mythology and show up in a region based on France.
Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo are based on the titular Three Musketeers and d'Artagnan, and show up in a region based on the New York tristate area.
And then you have fossil Pokémon who also never align with their region.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah... I have heard of that a lot and seen plenty of YT videos stated that as well.

That being the The Last Jedi was still well-reviewed on Rotten Tomatoes, and gets over 13 billion dollar in the box office, but it got review bombed and polarized reviews from audience and fans as well, so it's not exactly the same, but pretty similar when it comes to Captain Marvel's reception so far.
Rotten Tomatoes: "Star Wars: The Last Jedi honors the saga's rich legacy."

This seems like a huge lie when one of the first scenes in the movie is Luke Skywalker callously tossing his father's lightsaber off a cliff.

D

Deleted member

At least Unova got it half-right. Archelons made sense for New York, but absolutely not archaeopteryx.
Imagine if we had a black colored Archeops, like how Archaeoptrex was, rather than being parrot colored like the retro one.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rotten Tomatoes: "Star Wars: The Last Jedi honors the saga's rich legacy."
Eh, for non Star Wars pro fan like me, I couldn't agree nor disagree. I need to watch it before giving any reviews, hope it can be broadcast on TV soon...
I have watched Force Awakens, and yeah I didn't think Kylo Ren's actor was that good, he's ok but not like outstanding.

This seems like a huge lie when one of the first scenes in the movie is Luke Skywalker callously tossing his father's lightsaber off a cliff.
Well, he cut his hand off and tell him to join the dark side, so you can't blame him lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Imagine if we had a black colored Archeops, like how Archeoptrex was, rather than being parrot colored like the retro one.
Even if it were just its shiny coloration, that would've been great. :p

Chrono.

Throwing my hat in the ring regarding starter types.

Grass/Steel
Fire/Fairy
Water/Dragon

Yeah pretty safe no duh guesses lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Eh, for non Star Wars pro fan like me, I couldn't agree nor disagree. I need to watch it before giving any reviews, hope it can be broadcast on TV soon...
I have watched Force Awakens, and yeah I didn't think Kylo Ren's actor was that good, he's ok but not like outstanding.
I have yet to watch the Last Jedi, but what little I have seen hasn't enamored me to watching it any time soon.
Well, he cut his hand off and tell him to join the dark side, so you can't blame him lol.
The fact that Luke gave Anakin a proper funeral kind of shows that he forgave him (for whatever reason).

Even Mark Hamill himself thinks Luke was massively OOC in The Last Jedi.
Throwing my hat in the ring regarding starter types.

Grass/Steel
Fire/Fairy
Water/Dragon

Yeah pretty safe no duh guesses lol.
I dunno, a Dragon-Type being part of the Starters (and not a Mega Evo) is kind of unsafe. Especially since Water/Dragon is one of the most difficult to deal with type combinations (it's presumably why Gyarados wasn't made a Water/Dragon).

Chrono.

I have yet to watch the Last Jedi, but what little I have seen hasn't enamored me to watching it any time soon.

The fact that Luke gave Anakin a proper funeral kind of shows that he forgave him (for whatever reason).

Even Mark Hamill himself thinks Luke was massively OOC in The Last Jedi.

I dunno, a Dragon-Type being part of the Starters (and not a Mega Evo) is kind of unsafe. Especially since Water/Dragon is one of the most difficult to deal with type combinations (it's presumably why Gyarados wasn't made a Water/Dragon).
That was back in gen 1 though. Nowadays it can be easier to deal with, especially if they make bunny a Fairy.

Dunno, they've been more liberal with starter types. I mean Rowlet started flying and turned Ghost.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
And sorry I'm gonna mention Alita: Battle Angel again ,the movie got around 382.7 million to it's 170 million budget, for an movie based on a not-so-popular cyberpunk manga is impressive (Ghost In The Shell movie only got around 169.8 million to its 110 million budget, despite being an okay movie to me)
To be fair

Alita had James Cameron's name written all over the marketing campaign. The same Cameron whose previous two movies are the highest grossing of all time. Surely that gave a slight boost for the box office. I think

Let's just hope both movies get proper sequels because I loved them both and they sure did set up some things that made me curious

D

Deleted member

Yeah, water/dragon isn’t nearly as deadly as it used to be. That’s partly why Palkia has fell so low as a threat in Uber’s for instance. Sure it has no weaknesses aside from fairy and dragon. But it only resists steel and resists water and fire two times over. Which, those two types aren’t a threat to water or dragon types in the first place.

So really, water and dragon is more so just a redundant type defensively and offensively. Since most water types usually have access of ice type moves for superior coverage.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That was back in gen 1 though. Nowadays it can be easier to deal with, especially if they make bunny a Fairy.

Dunno, they've been more liberal with starter types. I mean Rowlet started flying and turned Ghost.
I think the bigger problem with Water/Dragon is that Grass would lose its super effective status on it since Dragon resists it, so Grookey wouldn't be able to maintain the Rock>Paper>Scissors mechanic that's important for Starters and Steel wouldn't give it any offensive means of getting around that issue. They could pull a Torterra/Empoleon and give it a secondary typing that's super effective, but Dragon only has two weaknesses unlike Steel so you'd have to make Grookey a Fairy type and change Scorbunny's typing unless you want to double up on either Dragons or Fairies.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

All I'm getting out of this is that Game Freak should retcon Charizard and Gyarados into Dragon-types. But they won't because they're cowards. /s

Seriously though I can see them making one of the Starters a Dragon-Type, it's just weird to me as a Pokémon veteran.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So you have problem with dudes who like to see a naked female body? When they are playing a Matured rated game? [Just half-joking, don't take it too out of context]
Nice going with the assumption, but that's never the point anyway... I'm more interested on how Sony censor DMC V and how Internet reacts to this. From I've seen people expect Trish in the scene to be naked anyway, it was the censorship that bothers apparently.

Same with Trish's sexuality... I don't understand the connection of censoring her nudity in that scene and her being a lebsian. (Unless you are implying that it people don't care that censoring lesbian females when they are naked then I don't even...) But thanks for the info nevertheless.

While I agree people who aren't DMC don't care about the censorship, that being you went derailing the problem by mentioning her sexuality, again it's not the content they censor was what people really cared, it is once again how Sony shove their new censorship policy, even to notable and M rated games like DMC V. Since it seems that it is only North American PS4 version that's getting censored.

I don't think comparing those two movies are wrong, chances are it's mostly likely that the two movies were in theater about the same period of time and have female main characters. Hope my explanation can sort of clear it...

What's weird is how you have some Youtubers gave unfair flack to Captain Marvel and call out some media outlet biased against Alita, despite both have their fair share of criticisms.

Edit:
As I said before, Captain Marvel and Alita: Battle Angel are both great movies to watch. That being said, Spider" Into the Spidervers is my most favorite Marvel Movie/ Animated Movie/ Spiderman movie.

I found Spider Gwen's theme in the movie too, check it out:
I'm just going to ignore that because I have no clue what the **** you're trying to say as I, a DMC fan who's friends with DMC fans, have seen only a single person complain about this. That being you.

Anyway I just realized we have 2 great choices for a Android 18 esque character in BFTG
two_more_members__go_on_wings_tf__by_sharpe_fan-dahyj37.jpg
gouraiger.jpg

I'd rather have the RPM twins as RPM doesn't really have other very unique choices

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To be fair

Alita had James Cameron's name written all over the marketing campaign. The same Cameron whose previous two movies are the highest grossing of all time. Surely that gave a slight boost for the box office. I think

Let's just hope both movies get proper sequels because I loved them both and they sure did set up some things that made me curious
Good point actually, however, Cameron doesn't just make two movies, he direct/producer plenty of movies... not saying he's a bad director, what he's known for is the outstanding special effects he did for those films. And I think that's one of the reason why movies like Titanic and Avatar have a super high grossing.

He also went to the bottom of Mariana Trech via a submarine before , and that's awesome.

And I believe the chance of Alita: Battle Angel getting a sequel getting a sequel is high, since the movie's plot only involves in 4 volumes of the manga.

Oh yeah, I remember I have seen some news article where Cameron gave harsh criticism on Avengers: Infinity War, I think..., so that's another interesting thing to mention when it comes to Alita vs Captain Marvel LOL.
I'm just going to ignore that because I have no clue what the **** you're trying to say as I, a DMC fan who's friends with DMC fans, have seen only a single person complain about this. That being you.
Ok then... feel free to ignore my post merely about DMC censorship, that being said I recommend you to re-read my two cents on it...

Yo, I'm definitely not the only one LOL, unless you are talking about just here Nintenzone Social thread... which duh... like I already mention I know many will be silent or no comment on news like this. But if you check Youtube and Twitter and other thread sites are talking about this so, sorry to say that's definitely not the case. It is true that this isn't a big deal for now, but the complaining does exist.

Moreover, like I've had mentioned before, most people weren't complaining on that censorship of DMC 5 itself. They were mostly complaining on how the censorship was only on Western version of PS4, and it was a patch update, not to mention people were bothered on how Sony tends to censor games that were meant to be fanservicey, to the point where some gets lazy censorship, gets delayed, funniest part is Sony censors while Nintendo doesn't... that's what people were complaining [Not me since I only own a Nintendo Switch for now, I just think this scenario is very interesting]. I'm sure you already know this though, and feel free to have your own opinion or have no comment on it that's for sure, I'm just giving out the details...

It's great your and your DMC friends don't give a damn on this topic, and that's perfectly fine, and don't get me wrong I aware DMC 5 is still a highly reviewed game, but you and your friend's opinion doesn't reflect the Internet generally. Still haven't explain why mentioning Trish's sexuality when it comes censoring her nudity though.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Woah, hold on.

Granted, I haven't kept up with public consensus since it came out. But I remember it's ticket sales going down 70% in the second week or something (this isn't normal for a Star Wars movie, even accounting for the competition it had at the time).
It depends on where you look and what circles you're in, I see more praise than I do actual criticisms (ie. They don't whine about Laura Dern's hair or anything about "forced diversity") although I've more or less made it a point to stay away from anything involving a big Star Wars discussion because people got really ****ing toxic over this though.

D

Deleted member

I really liked TLJ when it came out, but in retrospect it isn’t that good. It’s just okay.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I really liked TLJ when it came out, but in retrospect it isn’t that good. It’s just okay.
Basically how I felt with my first viewing, though I did have problems with direction they went with Luke as it kind of contradicts his character arc in Return of the Jedi. Though this was talked about earlier so I'll leave it at that. I like the 3 new protagonists though (Rey, Finn, and Poe)

D

Deleted member

The Last Jedi is actually my favorite Star Wars movie. I have some issues with the whole Casino Land sideplot due to it being ultimately a waste of time but it's kind of the point.
I like that Luke recognizes and calls out the Jedi Order's problems.
I like that it does away with the "royal bloodline" concept the original trilogy had.
I like that it has moments where things simply don't go well for the heroes.
I like that it subverts and deconstructs the traditional tropes of the badass rebel hero, the mysterious and unbeatable mastermind and the redeemed villain.

And I like that characters are allowed to make mistakes. Because that was the whole theme of the movie: "mistakes".
Everyone in the movie commits a mistake and they're allowed to learn from them.
Luke almost did a heinous act and in turn created a monster.
Rey insists on Kylo's good nature but eventually finds out he's actually just evil and hateful.
Poe believes he's always in the right and his antics end up costing many of the Resistance fighters.
Finn misunderstands how the galaxy's morality works and ends up betrayed and to end with his quest being meaningless.

But they're allowed to make those mistakes, they cost them all something but they work on correcting them.
The only one who doesn't is Kylo himself. He was given the chance to change, he was given the chance to be redeemed, to fix his own mistakes. And what did he do? He just became more hateful and continued the same path because he couldn't acknowledge his own faults and blamed everyone else for them.

TLJ is a good ass movie that isn't really your typical space opera adventure, it's really more like Empire where it is the low point for basically every character and the goal is to rise up from that to higher heights than before.
And it's still hype as ****, the Phasma battle may have been short but it was really good, Snoke's death was a great twist and it only gave me me more hope for Kylo, the subsequent fight is easily my favorite in the entire saga, and the final confrontation of Luke vs Kylo was a beautiful culmination of Luke's character and a perfect showcase of how twisted Kylo Ren is.

Tl;dr TLJ is good as ****. Give it some years and this will be as highly regarded as Empire Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom