• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Has anyone speculated that one of the new Galarish Pokémon could be in the Fighters Pass? The timing of SWSH's reveal felt juuust early enough that Nintendo could have requested Sakurai to include a new Pokémon to advertise the games before the public even knew of its existence.
Nope

While Greninja & Incineroar were still new when added to 3DS/Wii U & Ultimate respectively, we knew all the Pokémon from their generations prior to their Smash debuts. We only have 3 new 'Mons shown off now.

And if we couldn't get ARMS or Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I just don't see Sword & Shield happening.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Played Deltarune...was good, but not something I’d buy (nor is it really my playstyle)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i have a feeling i'll buy the new animal crossing

keep up with it for a solid week

and then drop off and stop playing altogether

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Turns out the key to end my sadness was going back to drawing lewd ****, I even feel I learn better techniques by doing that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs

stop making me mad with that avatar

why the **** do canadians call it leafs just because there's a capital L? yeah, making that word was a huge L too

1491171618382.gif

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How is Smash Ultimate online for you all?
Online works so well for me (sure there’ll be problems here and there, but it’s good for the most parts...though of course I do arena battles only)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Why does it say leafs though? Honest question.
I think it's to remember the Canadian military or something, rather than the actual plant. So, it's referring to individual persons iirc.
But I'm not completely confident in that. And, I really don't care either way what the reason actually is for the team being named in such a way.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m gonna have to start watching Andi Mack

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Its gonna be a Proboscis Monkey and you're gonna regret ever asking. :troll:
Say what ya will, still better than the ever-escalating parade of monkeys with ornamental buttcheeks.

We already got a snotmon, we don't need to round out the Yo-Kai Watch regret roster now.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Coricus Coricus
Is Stardew Valley any good? I have it on my wishlist in Steam.
I'd say so, it's STUPID addictive, at least until you run out of the more interesting things to do in it. Which like, takes a really long time due to how the gameplay works.

I think the key is that it's not -just- a farming sim, there's a fishing minigame and some dungeon crawling of all things baked into the gameplay loop as well and you can give nearly every NPC presents in order to gradually befriend them and unlock their Tragic Secrets (TM). So you basically have a ton of options laid out before you at any given time to the point that you're almost constantly busy.

Also the PC and Switch versions (maybe some others IDK I don't keep track) added multiplayer. No crossplay unfortunately, but if you know some folks that have a copy on the same device you do then you can set up some cabins on your farm and let them goof around. I'm thinking of trying that feature out sometime, but I'm really fussy about stuff so I'm working on completing the main couple of goals of a new game first, hahahah.

D

Deleted member

I'd say so, it's STUPID addictive, at least until you run out of the more interesting things to do in it. Which like, takes a really long time due to how the gameplay works.

I think the key is that it's not -just- a farming sim, there's a fishing minigame and some dungeon crawling of all things baked into the gameplay loop as well and you can give nearly every NPC presents in order to gradually befriend them and unlock their Tragic Secrets (TM). So you basically have a ton of options laid out before you at any given time to the point that you're almost constantly busy.

Also the PC and Switch versions (maybe some others IDK I don't keep track) added multiplayer. No crossplay unfortunately, but if you know some folks that have a copy on the same device you do then you can set up some cabins on your farm and let them goof around. I'm thinking of trying that feature out sometime, but I'm really fussy about stuff so I'm working on completing the main couple of goals of a new game first, hahahah.
Sounds really fun. Is it like Animal Crossing?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Watching old movie
>Willard
>Sees the scene of the cat and the rats
>I get my own cats inside to hug them

Dis movie is ****, *****************

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sounds really fun. Is it like Animal Crossing?
The closest game comparison I've heard is "Indie Harvest Moon, but better." If you're like me and haven't played Harvest Moon. . .it has it's similarities and differences to Animal Crossing.

The biggest thing to note is that it has an in-game day-night cycle that passes every so-and-so real time minutes more like Xenoblade and Breath of the Wild instead of an IRL day-night cycle like Animal Crossing and Pokemon. Which means instead of doing three things and then waiting an entire real life day, you can just keep going and going and going like the Energizer Bunny and oh hey it's morning.

Another important thing to note is that there's a LOT less furniture, so while you can house decorate don't expect it to be the highlight of your playthrough. The NPCs are also the same across every game, but they're super deep and all have daily AI schedules (again, more like BoTW/Xenoblade in this regard but in this case objectively better than those games). In Animal Crossing you get bugged for apples and furniture trades. In Stardew Valley you make friends with everyone from the the local shopkeep to the wild man that lives in the woods all while plotting to marry some unsuspecting guy/gal and have little farm babies with them. So yeah, better NPCs.

D

Deleted member

The closest game comparison I've heard is "Indie Harvest Moon, but better." If you're like me and haven't played Harvest Moon. . .it has it's similarities and differences to Animal Crossing.

The biggest thing to note is that it has an in-game day-night cycle that passes every so-and-so real time minutes more like Xenoblade and Breath of the Wild instead of an IRL day-night cycle like Animal Crossing and Pokemon. Which means instead of doing three things and then waiting an entire real life day, you can just keep going and going and going like the Energizer Bunny and oh hey it's morning.

Another important thing to note is that there's a LOT less furniture, so while you can house decorate don't expect it to be the highlight of your playthrough. The NPCs are also the same across every game, but they're super deep and all have daily AI schedules (again, more like BoTW/Xenoblade in this regard but in this case objectively better than those games). In Animal Crossing you get bugged for apples and furniture trades. In Stardew Valley you make friends with everyone from the the local shopkeep to the wild man that lives in the woods all while plotting to marry some unsuspecting guy/gal and have little farm babies with them. So yeah, better NPCs.
So AC is better with decorating, but SV is better with NPCs? SV's gameplay is not meant for furniture designing, so that is neat.
In your opinion, what is more like a "running a society" or "being part of a society" game?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So AC is better with decorating, but SV is better with NPCs? SV's gameplay is not meant for furniture designing, so that is neat.
In your opinion, what is more like a "running a society" or "being part of a society" game?
Are you asking whether it's more like running a society or being a part of society?

Between those two it's definitely the latter. You have control over your own pretty good sized farm but the rest of the game's map takes care of itself and the game tries -really- hard to make you feel like part of a tight knit community of people.

And also to make you hate the Coca Cola/Wal-Mart hybrid megacorp in the setting. Yeah no gramps I'm not actually tired of modern life my previous employer was just a dystopian hellhole and the only thing their artificial peanut-brains can sympathize with enough to let me quit is nepotism.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In the interest of maybe only Moydow Moydow specifically, I've done it. I've finally done it. I've found a source saying what the damn demonym for Gra's people is. But of course, the source is literally just the English dub of the OVA, where they were called the "Gran soldiers" after a soldier said Gra had attacked them.

It's not exactly the most canon thing ever, considering where it comes from, but dammit all at least it's something. Because now I can actually use the demonym in the fic I'm writing.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In the interest of maybe only Moydow Moydow specifically, I've done it. I've finally done it. I've found a source saying what the damn demonym for Gra's people is. But of course, the source is literally just the English dub of the OVA, where they were called the "Gran soldiers" after a soldier said Gra had attacked them.

It's not exactly the most canon thing ever, considering where it comes from, but dammit all at least it's something. Because now I can actually use the demonym in the fic I'm writing.
What else would it be?

D

Deleted member

Are you asking whether it's more like running a society or being a part of society?

Between those two it's definitely the latter. You have control over your own pretty good sized farm but the rest of the game's map takes care of itself and the game tries -really- hard to make you feel like part of a tight knit community of people.

And also to make you hate the Coca Cola/Wal-Mart hybrid megacorp in the setting. Yeah no gramps I'm not actually tired of modern life my previous employer was just a dystopian hellhole and the only thing their artificial peanut-brains can sympathize with enough to let me quit is nepotism.
Now I mean both, but thank you for your answer.
What Animal Crossing games have you played? What is your favorite part about Stardew Valley?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I finally found it. An extended version of the greatest character select theme in any game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What else would it be?
Gran, Granese, and Granian have been tossed around, from what I've seen.

The main cause for the debate was the fact that of Archanea's countries, it was literally the only one that never had the demonym used in-game, instead always being awkwardly stepped around. Always "soldiers of Gra" and never "_______ soldiers," and so forth. To have at least something concrete is nice, especially since it was the one I thought made sense. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Pokémon Company International are REALLY not going to be happy that a newspaper leaked the third game

Had to check the origin of this newspaper: Michoacan, México

kekekekek, one more reason to dab on the south

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Now I mean both, but thank you for your answer.
What Animal Crossing games have you played? What is your favorite part about Stardew Valley?
I've played New Leaf and that's it.

I can't pin down anything specific with Stardew Valley because I feel like what makes it work is the game taken as a whole, really. No one thing really stands out on it's own, it's the combination of everything that really makes it shine. Which I know is kind of a cop-out but in this specific case it's true LOL.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Burst Limit's probably got some of my favorite tracks from the DBZ games. Which is saying A LOT since I really liked DBFZ's OST, Extreme Butoden's, Tenkaichi 2's and the Budokai titles. Super Sonic Warriors has a couple of bangers too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Paladins makes me laugh. It's got the same classing issue as TF2. Some characters are called Damage, Support, etc, but they fill out a different role better than their own. Take for example Pip. A support class with a grenade (explosive flask) launcher that can jump really high and his ult makes enemies turn into chickens. And his healing move can heal himself as well as allies.

Essentially he can flank over support.

And this is even a meme. Lol

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
What are some of the one-gen features of Pokemon you want to see back in the latest generation?

For me, the thing I loved the most was the difficulty settings in B2W2, it gave you actual challenge and actual difficulty. Although if it does get back, please at least make it accessable at the beginning. While the idea is well-executed, I didn't like how you had to ask a real life friend with same game, or beat the Champion, to unlock the difficulty mode.

also why did we forget this thread?
Screenshot_873.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom