• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Nope, would've been a licencing nightmare due to a lot of these shows belonging to different dubbing studios.

Sad as it is.
Just for an example.

Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, My Hero Academia and Yu Yu Hakusho are dubbed by Funimation, while Naruto and Bleach are dubbed by Viz Media.

Potato_

Smash Lord
>no tsuna

It hurts... a little.
I kind of expected no Tsuna, as much as I hate his absence.

Gintoki actually shocks me though, he and Hiei were the two I felt were as close to a "shoe-in" as could be.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I kind of expected no Tsuna, as much as I hate his absence.

Gintoki actually shocks me though, he and Hiei were the two I felt were as close to a "shoe-in" as could be.
Yeah Hiei of all people sounds like a "duh" character.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m mostly disappointed in no Jojo dlc

Would’ve liked Josuke or Joseph.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Just for an example.

Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, My Hero Academia and Yu Yu Hakusho are dubbed by Funimation, while Naruto and Bleach are dubbed by Viz Media.
I just checked which companies have current licensed dubs of each represented IP...

Funimation: Black Clover, Dragon Ball, My Hero Academia, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho
Viz: Bleach, Boruto, Death Note, Hunter x Hunter, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Naruto
ADV: City Hunter
Discotek: Fist of the North Star, Saint Seiya
Aniplex: Rurouni Kenshin
4K Media: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Undubbed: Dragon Quest Dai

So even though there's several, it's mostly Funimation and Viz...

Chrono.

I just checked which companies have current licensed dubs of each represented IP...

Funimation: Black Clover, Dragon Ball, My Hero Academia, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho
Viz: Bleach, Boruto, Death Note, Hunter x Hunter, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Naruto
ADV: City Hunter
Discotek: Fist of the North Star, Saint Seiya
Aniplex: Rurouni Kenshin
4K Media: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Undubbed: Dragon Quest Dai

So even though there's several, it's mostly Funimation and Viz...
Mostly or not, I'm sure it's still too much of a headache or costly for Bandai I bet.

They don't even dub a lot of solo games. DB Heroes isn't getting dubbed and neither is One Piece World Seeker. I can't remember if the Jojo games ever got dubbed.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mostly or not, I'm sure it's still too much of a headache or costly for Bandai I bet.

They don't even dub a lot of solo games. DB Heroes isn't getting dubbed and neither is One Piece World Seeker.
im pretty sure only dragon ball games get dubs because its one of the only ones where the dub had a prominent scene

i mean even now if you want to catch up on one piece anime you watch the damn subs, not the dubs

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"Eh, wot, guvnah! Ah'm Jonathan Joestar I am!"
Speedwagon dub was unironically good for an overdone accent

And god dammit Adam Howden should've been Jonathan, who hired Ichigo?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bleh. I don’t really like something that hasn't finished yet.
FTFY.

Bold words to say for something that hasn't even gotten to the halfway point yet. I think the anime just finished on ice skating kid, and the next arc is one of the best in the series. It really only goes up from there. I would say the arc name but that alone can spoil the whole "omg araki im nutting" feeling so here's a panel that's really cool instead.

bruno 2.png

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
In Japan, that's considered a golden sin.
I’m not in Japan so I’m fine.

FTFY.

Bold words to say for something that hasn't even gotten to the halfway point yet. I think the anime just finished on ice skating kid, and the next arc is one of the best in the series. It really only goes up from there. I would say the arc name but that alone can spoil the whole "omg araki im nutting" feeling so here's a panel that's really cool instead.

View attachment 193893
I’ll catch up eventually.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’ll catch up eventually.
america loves screaming manchild joseph but hates silent man giorno
japan loves silent man giorno but hates screaming manchild joseph america's #1 mormon johnny

its flipflopped, maybe us americans have low attention spans and need colors and wacky screaming to get entertainment :p

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
But wait, what about the multiple studios that made the animes in JAPAN? That wasn't all just Shueisha...

Pierrot: Black Clover, Bleach, Boruto, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho
Sunrise: City Hunter
Madhouse: Death Note, Hunter x Hunter
Toei: Dragon Ball, Dragon Quest Dai, Fist of the North Star, One Piece, Saint Seiya
David: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Bones: My Hero Academia
Deen: Rurouni Kenshin
Gallop: Yu-Gi-Oh!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Speedwagon dub was unironically good for an overdone accent
I actually watched the Phantom Blood dub, I can't remember if I watched the Battle Tendency dub.

Where does a guy who grew up in the London Slums in the Victorian era (and who is therefore most assuredly uneducated) pick up the word "Elucidate"?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I actually watched the Phantom Blood dub, I can't remember if I watched the Battle Tendency dub.

Where does a guy who grew up in the London Slums in the Victorian era (and who is therefore most assuredly uneducated) pick up the word "Elucidate"?
dub joseph is numbuh 1 from KND

both in voice and in actual voice actors

the only actually decent voice in battle tendency dub are the pillar man, especially kars. for such a trash villain he's got a nice ass voice.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
america loves screaming manchild joseph but hates silent man giorno
japan loves silent man giorno but hates screaming manchild joseph america's #1 mormon johnny

its flipflopped, maybe us americans have low attention spans and need colors and wacky screaming to get entertainment :p
I just like Joseph. I’d prefer old Joseph kinda just cause he’s got a stand and Hamon. But the. Again young Joseph with just Hamon is weirdly op.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This means nothing to me because I never watched Codename: Kids Next Door.

i was gonna say what the **** were you watching as a kid and then i saw how old you were

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just like Joseph. I’d prefer old Joseph kinda just cause he’s got a stand and Hamon. But the. Again young Joseph with just Hamon is weirdly op.
Villain: "That last move was total bull****."
Joseph: "I know, isn't it great?"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Again young Joseph with just Hamon is weirdly op.
no he isn't

jonathan is way more powerful, he's just unga bunga in approach

jonathan is direct hamon, joseph is applied hamon that jonathan learned last-minute from dire after he got ****ing pwned by dio. that's the gimmick.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I just want to have peace of mind and feel like myself again. But I don't.

Today has been very stressful and I want to just...idk. I'm angry and depressed and idk what all I'm feeling.

KMDP

Smash Legend
i was gonna say what the **** were you watching as a kid and then i saw how old you were
All the original Cartoon Network original programming, mostly (Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken, Powerpuff Girls, etc) along with some British only stuff and Pokémon, Dragon Ball Z and Digimon.

D

Deleted member

With me seeing HtTYD 3, Reggie's retirement and Doug Bowser becoming president in April, this was an intense day.

I never saw it coming.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nope, would've been a licencing nightmare due to a lot of these shows belonging to different dubbing studios.

Sad as it is.

Same, I get why he isn't in (sticking strictly to WSJ material) but Cell is really boring in this game.
Well that sucks a lot
i dont think a single jump force game does
That also sucks

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
when i wasn't looking shinylegendary's avi, title, and signature suddenly became the best on this wretched site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom