• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
been listening to juice wrld a lot recently

does this mean im fake depressed

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
One of the characters in my story (the main character I mentioned previously) is all like this halfway through the story lmao!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Think this might of interest to some people here: there was a translation done recently of an old roundtable/interview with Kaga and other FE4 devs.

https://garmtranslations.wordpress....e-holy-war-fan-special-roundtable-discussion/

Some pretty interesting tidbits, like Kaga admitting that horses are a bit OP and that the maps are a bit samey. Also apparently FE4 wasn't originnally planned to be an FE game at all, which is why the "Fire Emblem" doesn't have much importance.

@Moydow
Kaga: "There's only one incestous marriage and it is painted in a negative light because of that."

Corrin: "Man, I wanna tap Azura"

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kaga: "There's only one incestous marriage and it is painted in a negative light because of that."

Corrin: "Man, I wanna tap Azura"
It's worth noting that in many places in Japan, cousin marriages aren't considered incestuous, weirdly enough. It's also why Nanna+Ares is possible in FE4. It's possible that by Kaga's definition, that pairing would have been fine...as gross as that is.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This is high level conspiracy theory right here, but you know what?

I actually buy it. It makes a lot of sense

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

This is high level conspiracy theory right here, but you know what?

I actually buy it. It makes a lot of sense

Can't wait to arrive on the Eusitepego region to kick Shishoe's butt on the Elite 4.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Time to continue my top 100 favorite fictional characters of all time! Looking at 84-81 now:

#84- Charles Foster Kane
Citizen Kane

After thinking about it, I'm actually not that surprised that the main protagonist from one of the best movies of all time ends up being on this list. Just going into the movie itself a little bit, Citizen Kane is about a man named Charles Kane, who becomes a very successful journalist after his parents ship him away to get a better education at the ripe age of 8 years old. However, despite his success his life ends up falling apart gradually and the character ends up having a tragic demise as he misses the innocence of his childhood by referencing "Rosebud", representing regret in his life. He dies on his deathbed alone and lonely.

Charles is a character who's key trait is selfishness, yet he's still an interesting and potentially likable character (even though I'd argue that other characters on this list are much more likable). He becomes so focused on himself that he starts to lose everyone close to him, and he ends up dying alone. The tragic arc he has shows that money and fame simply cannot buy you happiness, and it ends up leaving someone feeling empty, no matter how happy they seem on the outside. It also helps that Citizen Kane is VERY well-made and is often considered to be one of the top 5 movies of all time, if not THE best movie of all time. Charles has a very memorable character, and while his arc is a tragic one...it's still entertaining and very well-made all the same.

#83- Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Not completely sure how Napoleon made it this far, but here he is. Napoleon is one of the characters that comes from those comedy movies that's "so dumb it somehow becomes hilarious." He's seen as a typical nerdy loser, who has tetherball skills and tries to escape daily struggles by living in a fantasy world, doodling, and also trying to woo one of his closest friends: Deb. While there are multiple mishaps along the way, during the student body president election, his dance act ends up being very popular among the students, and he finally becomes well-liked. From there, his running-mate Pedro wins president, and he reconciles with Deb and their friendship becomes stronger than ever.

Napoleon's one of the easiest characters to root for, at least for me. He gets bullied by the jocks constantly because of his quirky personality, and he only had one friend: Pedro. That's not many friends, and you feel for Napoleon from the beginning. Thankfully, he overcomes the odds and people start to respect Napoleon at the end of the movie. It's very nice to see the underdog win and all, but I'm also glad Napoleon ended up getting the win in the end because the jerk jock is my most hated kind of villain archetype. Don sucks as a villain imo, because the jerk jock stereotype has been done to death and when Napoleon helped his best friend Pedro win the presidental race, it was so satisfying for the jerk jock to lose. It's very satisfying, and with how weirdly awesome Napoleon can be with his fun dances and drawing ligers and all...it's easy to root for him.

#82- Lena "Tracer" Oxton
Overwatch

No, when I said "bubbly brit who can time travel", it was NOT the Doctor.

Tracer is my favorite Overwatch character right now. Lucio is my BEST character (by far, I get gold medals with him regularly, and he's the only character I'm consistent with), but Tracer has my favorite character. She's got a heart of gold and served as a pilot for a while. However, after a freak accident she ended up fading in and out of time. Thankfully, her best friend Winston the gorilla scientist came up with a device that hooks up to her being and helps her control her own time stream. So, Tracer is able to slow down time around her and essentially "time travel" in order to make herself seem MUCH faster than other humans. From there, she continues to serve on the side of Overwatch and help protect citizens from evil organizations from around the world (such as Talon) while also keeping the peace.

I love this character because of what she stands for. She's probably the most "pure" hero in the Overwatch cast...she's not a hero for fame or money or for getting revenge on a villain who took out her family, etc. Rather, she's a hero because she's got a pure heart. She wants the world to have peace and for EVERYTHING and EVERYONE to be good and have a world where conflict and wrongdoing is no longer a reality. While this world is broken no matter how you look at it, I respect her ideals a lot within the Overwatch franchise and kind and golden-hearted she is. Also, her British accent is adorable.

Finally, she's very fun to play in OW. She's an offense hero, and her specialty is flanking and putting damage on opponents from the sides and supporting tanks that unleash the main damage for the team. She's one of the hardest characters to master, but she's VERY fun to play. While I don't often have good moments with her, but she's still very fun to use considering her speed and charming personality.

#81- Mike Wazowski
Pixar

Mike's round and green like a tennis ball, so there you go.

Anyway, I relate to Mike in a few ways, which is why he makes the list. He's got a type A personality, being the high-strung and organized member of the Mike and Sulley duo, while Sulley is more calm and laidback. He's also got a LOT of comedic moments in Monsters Inc and Monsters U, and it makes him one of the most likable characters in either movie. I also like how he's given more character development in MU, and how it sets up Mike as one of the greatest assistant scarers in the Monsters universe. He overcomes the odds within the MU prequel, and he ends up being very likable in both MU and in Inc. I do think Inc is the better movie of the two movies, and Mike is more comedic in Inc in my opinion. However, he's still likable in both films and has tangible flaws that make him relatable. His flaws that he struggles with are very common within society today, with being high strung and looked down upon and, well...you get the picture.

Oh, and Monster's Inc is one of my favorite Pixar movies, so that helps.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Sounds like whatever game was canned and is now being brought back is a third party one.

This is honestly starting to sound more and more like Legends 3 and really hope that's the case.

Chrono.

Sounds like whatever game was canned and is now being brought back is a third party one.

This is honestly starting to sound more and more like Legends 3 and really hope that's the case.
I feel Legends 3 isn't all that outlandish given Mega Man's recent success (very good sales for all the legacy games and MM11.) But I hope it does happen.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mega Man...or something else...obviously Sonic X-treme

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh god it might actually be Scalebound, huh?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Think this might of interest to some people here: there was a translation done recently of an old roundtable/interview with Kaga and other FE4 devs.

https://garmtranslations.wordpress....e-holy-war-fan-special-roundtable-discussion/

Some pretty interesting tidbits, like Kaga admitting that horses are a bit OP and that the maps are a bit samey. Also apparently FE4 wasn't originnally planned to be an FE game at all, which is why the "Fire Emblem" doesn't have much importance.
Now we know why Kaga really left IntSys.

Nintendo President of the time: Okay, we need to make a new Fire Emblem game, what do we do?
Dev Team: Let's do it by the numbers!
Kaga: I think we should nerf horses.
Nintendo President: >:(
Kaga: *defenestrated*

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Considering how buddy buddy Nintendo has been with Platinum Games, I guess it wouldn't be too surprising. But that said, doesn't the Scalebound name belong to Microsoft copyright-wise, since last time I checked, they were the ones that originally funded Platinum Games to do it? Like....I know that doesn't mean much when it comes to a game that was "cancelled". but wouldn't Scalebound need to go under a different name?

Speaking of dead games, reading the stuff and the idea that it's not a Nintendo game reminds me of how there was this one rumor during one of the E3s that Nintendo was backing-up Capcom with funding a new Darkstalkers game. Sure, it was a long time ago, but I still was reminded of it.

Chrono.

It wouldn't completely shock me that's for sure.
- Nintendo and Platinum are super friendly
- Ideas Microsoft had for Scalebound were much larger in scale (lol) than what Kamiya wanted, so maybe Nintendo would just let em do what they originally planned
- On that note, Kamiya really wanted the game to happen, so I wouldn't be surprised if he repurposed it somehow

On the other hand, that'd be the 3rd project Platinum would be working on. Unless Astral Chain is already done and they're just sitting on it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Considering how buddy buddy Nintendo has been with Platinum Games, I guess it wouldn't be too surprising. But that said, doesn't the Scalebound name belong to Microsoft copyright-wise, since last time I checked, they were the ones that originally funded Platinum Games to do it? Like....I know that doesn't mean much when it comes to a game that was "cancelled". but wouldn't Scalebound need to go under a different name?

Speaking of dead games, reading the stuff and the idea that it's not a Nintendo game reminds me of how there was this one rumor during one of the E3s that Nintendo was backing-up Capcom with funding a new Darkstalkers game. Sure, it was a long time ago, but I still was reminded of it.
With how close Microsoft is with Nintendo, they might not even have a problem with it. Perhaps Nintendo even helped both companies meet a reasonable argeement on where to go with it. So it wouldn't shock me if the name was kept.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
watched a KH3 scene with woody

i cant tell if thats tom hanks or not

this better not be a MGSV Snake VA pull

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
watched a KH3 scene with woody

i cant tell if thats tom hanks or not

this better not be a MGSV Snake VA pull
That's Jim Hanks, Tom Hanks's brother. He plays Woody in basically everything that's not the movies, since Tom is as busy as he is expensive.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's Jim Hanks, Tom Hanks's brother. He plays Woody in basically everything that's not the movies, since Tom is as busy as he is expensive.
its still not tom hanks so im still mad
I mean he comes pretty close. There is definitely a diference, but for the most part I thought he did well.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo can we all appreciate how super chill Mario Kart 64's OST is?

Like listening to the credits theme always puts me in a good mood.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Hopefully that or MVCI Season 2. Gimmie Storm, Wolverine, Green Goblin and Nero.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I forgot about Scalebound. Maybe that'll get its runback too.

its dead and no one wants it

just give me MVC4
It was rumored that MVCI was getting re-tooled as such(being MVC4). So as far as I'm concerned, they are the same.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I beat Dharkon in WoL and got to the part where Galeem and Dharkon are in the same map. I think I'm only missing Dark Samus, Roy and Palutena.

D

Deleted member

I'm back and some messed up stuff that I do not even want to explain but let you know happened.
I feel like I am going to vomit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom