• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So the Crunchyroll 2019 Anime Awards wrapped up just a few hours ago.

The winners were as follows:

Best Opening - "KISS OF DEATH" Mika Nakashima x Hyde - DARLING in the FRANXX
Best Ending - "Akatsuki no Requiem" by Linked Horizon - Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 1
Best Boy - Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia Season 3
Best Girl - Mai Sakurajima - Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
Best Voice Actor Performance (Japanese) - Mamoru Miyano as Kotaro Tatsumi - ZOMBIE LAND SAGA
Best Voice Actor Performance (English) - Christopher Sabat as All Might - My Hero Academia Season 3
Best Fight Scene - All for One vs All Might - My Hero Academia Season 3
Best Protagonist - Rimuru Tempest - That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Best Antagonist - All for One - My Hero Academia Season 3
Best Animation - Violet Evergarden
Best Character Design - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
Best Continuing Series - Dragon Ball Super
Best Director - Masaaki Yuasa - Devilman Crybaby
Best Film - My Hero Academia: Two Heroes
Anime of the Year: Devilman Crybaby

Couldn't care less about the rewards this year because none of the characters/fight scenes I wanted to be there weren't even nominated, but hey, the Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 1 ending won Best Ending. That's cool! I know Linked Horizon is really popular, but after their 2017 song failing to win best opening last year, I wasn't expecting them to win Best Ending this year.
Only things I care are Crybaby awards and people recognizing how great Miyano's performance in ZLS was.

So they added another UNIEL character that isn't the main villain Hilda. Okokokokok coolcoolcoolcoolcool
They added Seth because reasons. Glad to know I'm not the only one who waits for Hilda.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Only things I care are Crybaby awards and people recognizing how great Miyano's performance in ZLS was.

They added Seth because reasons. Glad to know I'm not the only one who waits for Hilda.
Honestly looking at clips of the Japanese dub, Miyano's an exception to me preferring dubs. I still prefer ZLS's dub, especially as I don't get why one of the more shy characters has the most booming singing voice

I haven't even ****ing played Under Night yet even I'm pissed lmao

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly looking at clips of the Japanese dub, Miyano's an exception to me preferring dubs. I still prefer ZLS's dub, especially as I don't get why one of the more shy characters has the most booming singing voice
But that's the best part

Tbf, some people have very different voices when they are at work.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
https://nintendoeverything.com/rumo...d-and-buried-game-kingdom-hearts-switch-talk/

So what is it? If we go by trademarks custom robo could happen.

But if what they revived was coming soon and custom robo I don’t k ow why they would not renew the trademark.

I’m curious as to what this will be if real
"Dead and buried" and "thought to be dead" imply this is a 1) a cancelled game and 2) something that's widely been known to be cancelled

I'm calling it; Metroid Dread, Raven Blade, or some form of that Criterion F-Zero that never came about

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Shut uo english native speaker
Whoops, I forgot. When I want to speak, I'm supposed to raise my hand first.

avi_presenting_hand_CENSORED.png

My mistake.

Also you're going for: "Shut up, native English speaker."

Tbf, some people have very different voices when they are at work.
Can confirm.

I've been told I have a customer service voice that kicks in while on calls.

D

Deleted member

"Dead and buried" and "thought to be dead" imply this is a 1) a cancelled game and 2) something that's widely been known to be cancelled

I'm calling it; Metroid Dread, Raven Blade, or some form of that Criterion F-Zero that never came about
A website also considered Project H.A.M.M.E.R. as an option.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
A website also considered Project H.A.M.M.E.R. as an option.
I've heard some people say it could be that, I've also heard some people guess it could be 3D Kirby. It'd be cool if it was Tingle's Spooky Adventure or maybe some revived form of Kid Icarus Wii, but I feel like those would be the least likely

D

Deleted member

Maybe it's that Mario wrestling game that Next Level Games were doing.
If it had many DK characters, that could be cool.

I've heard some people say it could be that, I've also heard some people guess it could be 3D Kirby. It'd be cool if it was Tingle's Spooky Adventure or maybe some revived form of Kid Icarus Wii, but I feel like those would be the least likely
Kid Icarus Wii could be interesting too.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Whoops, I forgot. When I want to speak, I'm supposed to raise my hand first.

View attachment 192968

My mistake.

Also you're going for: "Shut up, native English speaker."

Can confirm.

I've been told I have a customer service voice that kicks in while on calls.
I didn’t even realize how dirty it was meant to be until after I read the text. For a moment I thought it was some deformed gummibear that was dying

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
https://nintendoeverything.com/rumo...d-and-buried-game-kingdom-hearts-switch-talk/

But if what they revived was coming soon and custom robo I don’t k ow why they would not renew the trademark.

Oh my god please be Advance Wars please be Advance Wars!

I'm not sure if AW falls in to that category but it might have had a game cancelled in the Wii U/3DS era that we don't know about. Might be grasping but man I want to believe.

Chrono.

Off the top of my head, cancelled games that were from Nintendo studios:
- Metroid Dread
- Super Mario 128 (maybe retooled into Pikmin)
- Donkey Kong Racing
- 1080 Snowboarding 3
- Project HAMMER
- Super Mario Spikers
- Raven Blade
- Kid Icarus Wii (unlikely with Uprising coming after)
- Cabbage

Notable cancelled games to not be from Nintendo studios:
- Sonic X-Treme
- Scalebound
- Mega Man Legends 3
- Banjo Threeie
- Silent Hills (not happening but it'd be hilarious)
- Dead Phoenix (The only one out of the "Capcom Five" on GameCube to never be released)

Could be any of these, could be none of these. But I like making arbitrary lists. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend

My hope is for Golden Sun (yes, I know, it's a franchise and not a specific game).

Maybe they saw the backlash from making Isaac an assist trophy and decided to do something about it (let me dream).

The Golden Sun trademark did get renewed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
- Metroid Dread
- Donkey Kong Racing
- 1080 Snowboarding 3
- Project HAMMER
- Super Mario Spikers
- Raven Blade
- Cabbage

- Sonic X-Treme
- Scalebound
- Mega Man Legends 3
- Banjo Threeie
- Dead Phoenix (The only one out of the "Capcom Five" on GameCube to never be released)

Could be any of these, could be none of these. But I like making arbitrary lists. :p
That Edgy Kid Icarus game is definitely never gonna happen...unless they use everything from Uprising and change up whatever story it’d have to fit the Kid Icarus Uprising ways

Super Mario Strikers should’ve happened centuries ago

Metroid Dread...forgot that one

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
- Donkey Kong Racing
Honestly thinking this might be it. Given that there's already been a Mario Kart on the Switch and all the rumors of a new Diddy Kong Racing in the Wii U era.

Literally no one would see it coming but it's something people have wanted to see for so long.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What we need is another Kid Icarus that continues the Uprising ways

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
- Metroid Dread
- Donkey Kong Racing
- 1080 Snowboarding 3
- Project HAMMER
- Super Mario Spikers
- Raven Blade
- Cabbage

- Sonic X-Treme
- Scalebound
- Mega Man Legends 3
- Banjo Threeie

There's also Mega Man Universe and Capcom All Stars.

Not quite MM Legends 3 in terms of hype, but this game looked like it had potential. They even had a Mishima homage in it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I have completed the multiple runs to Kakariko and Impa and to the research lab as well, and now I know where the 4 divine beasts are at. And, I'm still enjoying BOTW, even though the controls are still a little hard for me to get used to, personally.

3 chapters down, 12 remain.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Chrono.

How did All for One win best antagonist all he did was be vaguely menacing in the background.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How did All for One win best antagonist all he did was be vaguely menacing in the background.
Guess it’s because he managed to make All Might use the rest of his fighting powers...now he can only turn into All Might

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because MHA fans are going to stan the everloving **** out of MHA. Remember, anime awards aren't decided by crunchyroll but by votes. Though I DO feel that if it's an anime that gets seasons yearly like MHA that it may be better to not include it, especially as it's the biggest hit in anime since what, Naruto and Bleach?

D

Deleted member

This is the same community that loves Jojo menancing memes, what do you think?

For a more serious answer, All for One is a great villain that carries the whole Symbol of Evil thing he wants really well and never tries to pretend to be anything else. He's just evil because he wants to be and that works as a perfect foil to All Might. I can't speak for the other villains as I haven't watched any of the shows from the antagonist nominees so I can't say if any of them were robbed like Kira once was.
I'd say him managing to win despite being in just, like, three episodes shows how much of an impression he left on viewers.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Think this might of interest to some people here: there was a translation done recently of an old roundtable/interview with Kaga and other FE4 devs.

https://garmtranslations.wordpress....e-holy-war-fan-special-roundtable-discussion/

Some pretty interesting tidbits, like Kaga admitting that horses are a bit OP and that the maps are a bit samey. Also apparently FE4 wasn't originnally planned to be an FE game at all, which is why the "Fire Emblem" doesn't have much importance.

Moydow Moydow

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If mario spikers is actually getting revived that would be so good.

Volleyball wrestling looked sick, I would have loved to see it come to light, so I'd be happy if it does now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If mario spikers is actually getting revived that would be so good.

Volleyball wrestling looked sick, I would have loved to see it come to light, so I'd be happy if it does now.
then we can have an excuse to finally have John Cena vs Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom