• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
That's why if I did one I'd only put characters towards whom I have strong feelings one way or the other. :V

Like this lol.

View attachment 192925
Basically just took out the giant middle segments that included categories such as "pros and cons are about the same weight," "I like you but to what extent?," and "Literally Who Even Remembers Belf?" as tiers.

Also left out Tellius, Binding Blade, the second generation of Genealogy, and Thracia 776 since I'm not as familiar there. Except Reinhardt, who I like enough to list due to Heroes/wiki walks/fandom osmosis/the fact that he was in the Heroes section lol.

Rallyman is there as my meme pick.

>Nowi in the bottom of the ****hole

Ah, a man of great intellect I see.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
1. Can you explain the pre-Fates Problematic characters?
2. No Joshua smh what kind of ****taste is this
And most importantly:
3. Where's Forrest?
I **** you not when I say Joshua was literally the start of the next tier that got cut off lol. Eliwood was right next to him. Pretend they're both right in front of Rallyman. :p Forrest was a little further down due to me having some issues with Fates' kid characters in general, though I definitely think Forrest is one of the best ones, alongside Shiro and Sophie.

PRE-FATES PROBLEMS LET'S GO.
Assuming Jedah and Faye count as post-Fates for the sake of this lol.
Matthis, Luke, Alec, Karel

Karel, specifically, was for the younger FE7 version where he was almost a Peri-level killer. I like his growth in FE6 and how he mellowed out, but it's to the point they're almost different characters, so FE7 Karel went in the problematic section (didn't give him full Peri honors due to FE6 though).

Luke's just kind of a **** lol. Like he's by far the least offensive one there, but I'm petty.

Alec was a jerk to Arden, the purest of pure boys, in like his only speaking line so far. As such, he gets Problematic tier because how dare you.

Matthis. Jesus Christ on a cracker, Matthis. He's kind of a pain to recruit both times, due to him actively trying to kill his own sister that he's looking for because his AI is just that bad in Shadow Dragon and forcing me to go all the way around a giant-ass mountain range to recruit Julian so I can then recruit him in New Mystery. And he's a terrible unit to boot. Like, literally the worst cavalier in games swarming with cavaliers. Consistently. And he's a coward when it comes to stepping up to the plate to save Lena, and an absolute jerk to Julian. Like, you know that guy in Aladdin who was like, "you were born a street rat, you'll die a street rat, and not even your fleas will mourn you" and so forth? That's basically him to Julian half the time. But look who saves Lena in the end, Matthis, you clod.

He gets points for foreshadowing how much of a ruthless commander Michalis is and by giving Lena another conversation, but that's about it.

Chrono.

I'd do the FE tier list but I've only fully played one FE title and the rest I'm only familiar with via FEH or osmosis.

D

Deleted member

Karel, specifically, was for the younger FE7 version where he was almost a Peri-level killer. I like his growth in FE6 and how he mellowed out, but it's to the point they're almost different characters, so FE7 Karel went in the problematic section (didn't give him full Peri honors due to FE6 though).
I'd argue he isn't problematic since the narrative never treats him like some sort of hero or ignores his killings unlike with Peri.
I still prefer FE6 Karel(I'd say he's my favorite FE6 character but the bar is underground) for multiple reasons but one of those is because of his FE7 self.

ok but Sword Saint Karel when, make him a legendary hero IntSys you absolute fools

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd argue he isn't problematic since the narrative never treats him like some sort of hero or ignores his killings unlike with Peri.
I still prefer FE6 Karel(I'd say he's my favorite FE6 character but the bar is underground) for multiple reasons but one of those is because of his FE7 self.

ok but Sword Saint Karel when, make him a legendary hero IntSys you absolute fools
I can definitely see that.

It just feels weird having the younger, killer-ier Karel as a playable character as opposed to just a backstory like it was in FE6. That's probably just me though. :p

But yeah totally. People get upset at alts a lot, but FE6 Karel is one of the ones I'd absolutely love to see.

D

Deleted member

YouTube recommended me the video of Aurane's avatar.
Yes, I liked this channel for a while. Neat.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's why if I did one I'd only put characters towards whom I have strong feelings one way or the other. :V

Like this lol.

View attachment 192925
Basically just took out the giant middle segments that included categories such as "pros and cons are about the same weight," "I like you but to what extent?," and "Literally Who Even Remembers Belf?" as tiers.

Also left out Tellius, Binding Blade, the second generation of Genealogy, and Thracia 776 since I'm not as familiar there. Except Reinhardt, who I like enough to list due to Heroes/wiki walks/fandom osmosis/the fact that he was in the Heroes section lol.

Wait.

Why are Seklie, Hana, Kana and Rowan problematic?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the Crunchyroll 2019 Anime Awards wrapped up just a few hours ago.

The winners were as follows:

Best Opening - "KISS OF DEATH" Mika Nakashima x Hyde - DARLING in the FRANXX
Best Ending - "Akatsuki no Requiem" by Linked Horizon - Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 1
Best Boy - Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia Season 3
Best Girl - Mai Sakurajima - Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
Best Voice Actor Performance (Japanese) - Mamoru Miyano as Kotaro Tatsumi - ZOMBIE LAND SAGA
Best Voice Actor Performance (English) - Christopher Sabat as All Might - My Hero Academia Season 3
Best Fight Scene - All for One vs All Might - My Hero Academia Season 3
Best Protagonist - Rimuru Tempest - That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Best Antagonist - All for One - My Hero Academia Season 3
Best Animation - Violet Evergarden
Best Character Design - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
Best Continuing Series - Dragon Ball Super
Best Director - Masaaki Yuasa - Devilman Crybaby
Best Film - My Hero Academia: Two Heroes
Anime of the Year: Devilman Crybaby

Couldn't care less about the rewards this year because none of the characters/fight scenes I wanted to be there weren't even nominated, but hey, the Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 1 ending won Best Ending. That's cool! I know Linked Horizon is really popular, but after their 2017 song failing to win best opening last year, I wasn't expecting them to win Best Ending this year.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait.

Why are Seklie, Hana, Kana and Rowan problematic?
Selkie - I am an incredibly petty man and her voice is way too grating lol.
Hana - For as much as I dislike the Corrin-worship certain Fates characters do, Hana's reasoning for disliking Corrin felt really dumb.
Rowan - Mostly his voice again. There are certain voices I can't take, man. It's weird too because he has the same VA as Leif but he's fine there. The direction was just really bad for him in Warriors.
Kana - Kana is the culmination of the issues I have with Fates' child characters. Kana was born from a marriage and pregnancy that took place during a war in an alternate world and was recruited as a soldier into their parents' own army at the ripe old age of "clearly under ten." It's just kinda gross to me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Turns out drawing faces without giving a **** is pretty relaxing, specially after breaking my own yesterday lol.
20190217_001007.jpg

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Yo @Shishœ

How far are you at in HxH? Done the York New City arc? I'd probably imagine so.

Just making sure because I'm still taking my time there since I've been busy the whole week. I'm gonna clock on more episodes soon though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
We need an FE that takes place during the stone age. Flint Emblem.
We need a Fire Emblem game that's just the original pitch for Awakening. Fire Emblem. . .in the future. . .on Mars.

Might be misremembering slightly.

While we're at it, we also need a Zelda game that's one of the pitches for BotW where it's the modern day and casual wear Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf all team up against an alien invasion.

For some reason Nintendo's fantasy IPs have had really weird concepts tossed around and I lowkey love them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo @Shishœ

How far are you at in HxH? Done the York New City arc? I'd probably imagine so.

Just making sure because I'm still taking my time there since I've been busy the whole week. I'm gonna clock on more episodes soon though.
I've started the Chimera Ant Arc already actually, though it's been sometime since I last watched an episode.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Like this lol.

View attachment 192925

get nowi and elise out of your gross tier..... IMMEDIATELY

cyndane. i've found a criminal..... ban him

selkie is an angel too but for the purpose of this court case I shall limit it to nowi and elise

D

Deleted member

WE HAVE MILA'S TURNWHEEL AGAIN! YES!
Maybe this time it'll be implemented in the plot so we'll continue to wonder why said power isn't used to prevent story deaths like it easily could.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That seems to be the case, it's coveredin the first 5 minutes of analysis and it looks like Sothis gives the ability to Byleth
I saw the analysis already. Seriously speaking, I'm glad it's back, Mila's Turnwheel was what FE really needed and I hope it becomes a series staple.

As for other stuff, I'm curious to how well they're gonna implement Arts since I feel what SoV had was a step in the right direction but still flawed due to being tied to weapons. I'm also curious how much will the academy stuff take focus and when the traditional FE will take over because either only the students are playable(and you get the ones from the other houses later) or you recruit characters from outside the school and then put them there for no reason. Basically, I'm wondering how they'll make a game series that usually asks for continental quests to work with a HUB center ala Persona

General: "I'm a seasoned warrior, boy, I've fought countless battles before. See my eye here? Of course you don't, I lost it fightin--"
Byleth: "Yeah yeah, sure, now sit down, class is in section. Next time you want to speak, raise your hand first."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom