• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Alrighty, direct predictions:

- 15-20 min on Three Houses. Release Date, more info on the main lords and supporting characters, amiibo support, the works.
- Star Fox Grand Prix announced, with a release date in the summer.
- Metroid Prime Trilogy also announced with a release date in the next 2 or 3 months.
- Various Nindies, ports, and other miscellaneous things go here. Stuff like FF port release dates for example.
- Joker gameplay trailer. Sakurai shows up for a bit, talks about how happy he is with Ultimate's sales and reception, and goes over Joker as a character. He says that's all he has for today, but announces that there will be a Smash Direct in the near future.
- But one more thing! "Brave" is teased, revealed to be Erdrick. No gameplay or even a model is shown.

I tried to mix a bit of optimism with care. I think Pokemon will get its own presentation by Game Freak, and E3 seems like the best time for more Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion. I'm betting on the 2D Zelda being shown there too, but who knows.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Eh.

I like Echo Fighters and even think we could've had one or two more (RIP Shadow) but for DLC? IDK

They'd have to cost less than Piranha Plant seeing as they're literally clones. But on the other hand, they also cost resources as they'd still have unique animations and maybe even voices depending on the character. After that comes dealing with possible backlash, for either selling glorified costumes or for not making them part of the pack.

D

Deleted member

Alrighty, direct predictions:

- 15-20 min on Three Houses. Release Date, more info on the main lords and supporting characters, amiibo support, the works.
- Star Fox Grand Prix announced, with a release date in the summer.
- Metroid Prime Trilogy also announced with a release date in the next 2 or 3 months.
- Various Nindies, ports, and other miscellaneous things go here. Stuff like FF port release dates for example.
- Joker gameplay trailer. Sakurai shows up for a bit, talks about how happy he is with Ultimate's sales, and goes over Joker as a character. He says that's all he has for today, but announces that there will be a Smash Direct in the near future.
- But one more thing! "Brave" is teased, revealed to be Erdrick. No gameplay or even a model is shown.

I tried to mix a bit of optimism with care. I think Pokemon will get its own presentation by Game Freak, and E3 seems like the best time for more Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion. I'm betting on the 2D Zelda being shown there too, but who knows.
I feel like Ultimate Alliance 3 will be in the Direct somehow.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh.

I like Echo Fighters and even think we could've had one or two more (RIP Shadow) but for DLC? IDK

They'd have to cost less than Piranha Plant seeing as they're literally clones. But on the other hand, they also cost resources as they'd still have unique animations and maybe even voices depending on the character. After that comes dealing with possible backlash, for either selling glorified costumes or for not making them part of the pack.
Aren't the characters about 5 to 6 dollars as is? 5 without a stage, 6 with?

Seems like 2-3 dollars for an echo would be fair. They still take work to make, after all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What would you do if Nintendo was like:

“Joker is available right now!”

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hope we finally see ace attorney 7 in the direct. I want to see where they go with it

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Pick up where I left off in Persona 5, so I can get some context for who Joker is. (I just started the "how we got here" flashback, and I feel like that's going to take up about 2/3 of the game)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pick up where I left off in Persona 5, so I can get some context for who Joker is. (I just started the "how we got here" flashback, and I feel like that's going to take up about 2/3 of the game)
I’m interested in playing persona five sometime. I’m waiting to see if the port happens though

Zeox

Smash Champion
Prediction:
Starts with Fire Emblem
Talk about secundary indie games and also Yoshi because Yoshi is Yoshi
Then they talk about Xbox and Switch stuff
Then they drop a new Zelda or, I dunno, a freaking remake of Majora's Mask (this time, isntead of 3DS, in Switch)
The last thing is Smash, talk about Joker, and end the direct with a trailer of the next DLC Character, Erdrick, Banjo, Sora, a new FE character, whatever it is.

Potato_

Smash Lord

I fight every urge to rush to my Switch and instead finish my paper like a responsible adult. Which would be painful.

That being said I doubt it'll happen.

Pretty much yeah. There's a LOT of setup to get to that particular point.

And Joker as a character is largely a blank slate. There's some background info about him you learn but the vast majority of it is left ambiguous, probably for you to fill in yourself.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Back from the Pokémon Let's Go demo.

They weren't kidding saying it feels like a big downgrade and being really easy. And I don't like the controls either.

I'll just wait for the generation 8 games, thank you.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Back from the Pokémon Let's Go demo.

They weren't kidding saying it feels like a big downgrade and being really easy. And I don't like the controls either.

I'll just wait for the generation 8 games, thank you.
Same. Never cared about Lets Go and i'm just waiting on Gen 8 to arrive.

Chrono.

Aren't the characters about 5 to 6 dollars as is? 5 without a stage, 6 with?

Seems like 2-3 dollars for an echo would be fair. They still take work to make, after all.
I mean I think it's fair, you think it's fair.

Dunno if the majority feel that way though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK so this is a rare sentiment from me and I'm gonna get a lot of side eye from Opossum but I've been watching an episode or two of Critical Role once in a while over the past couple weeks and

Matthew Mercer has better hair than Chrom.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OK so this is a rare sentiment from me and I'm gonna get a lot of side eye from Opossum but I've been watching an episode or two of Critical Role once in a while over the past couple weeks and

Cori, I'm pretty sure Matthew Mercer himself is a god considering how much of a beast he is

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I mean it's Matt Mercer. A king can't compare to a god. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ever wonder what Sephiroth would be like? Say no more.
Fortunately, Sephiroth wouldn't move nearly as fast as that.

He's the methodical type, and would be super floaty.

That being said, the range would still be silly. :laugh:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man these guys working on a room in my house is annoying. He keeps going in the room I am in so now I’m locked away so I can’t be bothered.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, good luck with your Direct expectations.
I have some work to do. See you on the other side.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Lol no Joker gameplay. They were all like "Yo Joker is training in secret he'll be here by the end of April". :laugh:

I guess Brave was indeed farther in development then Joker. Lets see if he's revealed here.

EDIT: I think this is where we're going to see Erdrick.

Double EDIT:
Lol no.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
FE got delayed again. Crazy for a title that was supposed to release in 2018.

EDIT: Link's Awakening is real after all. And from the looks of it, I think it really was intended to release on the 3DS but got moved to the Switch when they realized the game would fail.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Smash direct is 100% coming, no doubt about it.

Teasing that big Version 3.0 patch with what seemed like new modes and Joker? Seems direct worthy to me.

Pretty good direct tbh. Loved Mario Maker 2 and Three Houses, and that Tetris Battle Royale was a pleasant surprise ( I didn't think I'd ever write that seriously.)

Also I AM FREAKING OUT AT ASTRAL CHAIN AND LINKS AWAKENING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom