• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ivander Ivander @Shishœ

You both probably heard that I've been trying to pull for Tamamo, right?

Well, her rate up during the Valentine's event is today, so I used all 26 of my summoning tickets. I got nothing until the last ticket: a silver Caster card appeared, but then it sparked and turned to a gold Caster card!

...only to find out i was spooked by my second Helena Blavatsky.

Yep, the second time a 4-star spooks me of a servant I want, but this was even more of a slap-to-the-face than when Stheno spooked me of First Hassan during my tickets used on him.

I even used up the Saint Quartz I currently had to see how my luck would go, but I could only go for two full rounds. No Tamamo from either of them, but I did get the special Sakura and Illya Craft Essences at least.

Man, getting spooked in Fate/GO sucks. Helena just had to ruin it for me...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Now... I finally have the time to post something here after my Chinese New Year break and my continue overtime work... I only check a couple of pages, but I'm still gonna just skim through most of it... so bear with me if quote a very old post and accidentally mention something that was discussed before.

My Chinese New Year... was actually pretty good! It was the first time I return to the country side after like... almost a year? And I finally saw our family's new dog... and I call like to call him Odin, Odie or Otis for most of the time but my parents named him Obei first. One problem with Obei for now is that he loves to bite... he's not vicious or anything, he just loves to bite whenever he interacts with people. So if anyone knows how to deal with dog that bites, I would be eager to know some advice.

And I play Smash Ultimate with my brothers, and man the game is even better when playing it locally and with those you know.
Still a WIP as I need to shape some armor of the wrists and darken some parts; I think this is the second-third time I actually attempt to draw her outifit, so it feels weird lol.
View attachment 189797

I did a nice naked Mythra before that tho, dunno if you wanna see that one too.
Okay Mythra, here are my critique
Let me just mention the elephant in the room... it would be nice if you can reedit the pic to the right direction... because obviously looking your pic often makes my neck hurt lol. I know I could just do it myself but, just something to mention.

Great job on her facial part, especially the mouth and the nose, I know this is just a rough sketch but her eyes can gave more lighting or reflect to look more vivid.

Also, her pose just look a bit unnatural, probably because her two arms just looks too stiff, that's something that you can improve on, keep it up!

To everyone who has supported me so far and listened and watched my ridiculous ideas take form...thank you. I hope you'll keep watching going forward, because I sure as hell don't intend to settle now.
I am one of your sub but I haven't really check your videos recently, probably because the sub box just mess up sometimes and the content weren't interesting to me. That being said, congrats on your 10,000 sub!

The Heaven's Arena ended right around episode 38 so I'm right at the next arc as well. Just finished episode 43 last night. Assuming I'm at wherever you are however...

- Gon and Killua meet up with Leorio back in York New City.
- The three go off into arm wrestling shenneigans to make some money (to get that phone Leorio recommended I believe?).
- Kurapika got a hired among others as a bodyguard to protect the boss on the way to that city.
- The Phantom Troupe come reach as well and starting attacking the auciton house, leaving many people killed.
- Phantom Troupe escapes to somewhere outside the city where they're followed by the bodyguards, Kurapika and the others.
- The Shadow Beasts come through to go jump them.

So yeah right now I'm with Kurapika.

Oh yeah and sure thing. I'll definitely do so!
Tbh here... York New City arc of HxH was my least favorite arc, however I start to like it a bit more when I watch the 2011 remake.
Jesus, 477 lbs? I weigh ~266 lbs.
Me...
Uh, don't be shocked here since I'm an Asian... and I am not a huge eater anymore after middle school.... I weight around 90 lbs, that's about 40.9 Kg. I am short though (Only 5 ft 2)so... yeah... to make it simple...just imagine I have a body that is similar to Pearl (I mention because she is short and thin as well, and I'm as old as her currently).

Speaking of girlfriend... well... kind like how Japanese are, young males and females like me and my girlfriend (So as I claim lol, and she sort of acknowledges it too) are just too busy to hang out with each other... also she's still a bit pissed on how I didn't end up at the same high school with her... which I understand but I never intended to go to a commercial high school that my parent deem it as lame.
It's not impossible to be so tall at a young age. Despite being 14-15, I was well around 5'10 by then, just almost reaching 6 feet.
Actually... you can... depending on gene and age... according to my own experience 13-14 years old was when I really start to grow, I remember I was only 4ft 4 when I enter middle school but I quickly rose up to 4ft 7 just after a year if I am not mistaken.... then after middle school was when it start to slow down... probably because I often sleep late and have more stress.

Last but not least, this is the video I want to share:
To put it simple, many JRPGs have pretty good character designers/artist as long as it it animesque in my opinion,
I gotta say, this video from ShadowEliteHD, but I would put Honju Raita of Valkyria Chornicles and Disgaea's Takehito Harada in "Honorable mentions".

So.... again let's have some fun and here are my list of "5 JRPG..... no wait, you can just call it "5 video game character designer/artist I like", and expect my list to be pretty obvious...

5. Tanaka Kunihiko - Xenoblade, Xenosaga and Xenogears
I don't what to start besides that well... Tanaka while the style aren't like my most fav (Both artwork and in game CGI look), Tanake has always been the CORE artist when it comes to Monolithsoft's Xeno series. So despite not my most fav, I would love to see Tanaka continue to work on the next Xeno title.

4. Yoshida Akihiko - Nier: Automata, Bravely, FF XII and many more AND ikusy - Octopath Traveler
The reason why I put both because they haves similar artwork taste to me, both of their artwork looks hand drawn and epic. I can definitely see why their gets many fav for JRPG boxarts.

3. oh8/ Alex Ahad - Skullgirls, and Indivisible
Um yeah... Alex Ahad is the ONLY western artist for this list. But hey, I enjoy oh8's cartoony style as well and how he design the Skullgirl characters, yes female characters oh8 design can be quirky and weird but in the fighting game like Skullgirls it just works. Heck, Skullgirls have also been pretty popular in Japan and Indivisible has an anime opening by TRIGGER.

2. Choco/ Mugitani Kouichi - Xenoblade 2 (Praxis, Theory and TELOS) and Xenosaga II
While not the lead artist on any JRPG for now, I actually love Choco's artwork, not just the style but also how Choco is like... the few artists that keeps up with XC2 stuff. If Saitou couldn't continue to work on the next Xenoblade... please Monolithsoft, let Choco take the leading role this time around.

Choco's style is basically many loli girls and with significant big eyes, yet I like it how it felt pretty nostalgic as well.

1. Masatsugu Saitou - Xenoblade 2 and Fate/ Grand Order's Bradamante
Do I even need to explain on this? To me Saitou style is like the golden rule for me, if you want good facial designs, hot body, interesting designs, Saitous just nailed it for me. I get that Saitou's desing for XC2 can be questionable at best especially when it comes to the Blade characters, nevertheless Saitou is definitely the artist that in my opinion should continue to work on the next Xenoblade game if he can. Just... Get the CGI right Monolithsoft, Saitou's artwork look good but in the game they just look a bit off...

Honorable mentions
Kozaki Yuusuke - FE Awakening and Fates, Daemon X Machina and No More Heros
Honju Raita - Valkyria Chronicles
Tetsuya Nomura - Kingdom Hearts and FF VII

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can't believe the movie where they used blackface instead of getting skin appropriate actors is looking bad
I mean I'm all for calling things like that out, but who in particular? I know there was controversy about Naomi Scott as Jasmine, but that isn't blackface.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not a specific character but pretty much everyone in the background
So I went to look it up, and apparently skin darkening was done, but only to very specific crew members, basically ones where safety or equipment operation was an issue, like animal handlers and stunt doubles. Basically people who would legally be required to be there.

That's...oof. For one thing, I think that's an apparent issue of the lack of diversity in Hollywood (like, there wouldn't be a dearth of non-white stunt doubles if Hollywood had more non-white actors), which obviously should be fixed. I can like...almost understand where they were coming from? Like, you don't want any white people on the set of a movie taking place in a circa 13th century Baghdad equivalent, I know. But I think there were probably much better ways of handling it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, opinions on the Vic Mignogna ordeal?

I'm gonna be honest I'm wholly exhausted by the allegations thing and don't really have any sort of connection with the guy, like, at all but... I dunno. This one is going so many different ways that I'm just like uhhhhhh.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, opinions on the Vic Mignogna ordeal?

I'm gonna be honest I'm wholly exhausted by the allegations thing and don't really have any sort of connection with the guy, like, at all but... I dunno. This one is going so many different ways that I'm just like uhhhhhh.
If it was one person, I'd raise an eyebrow. If it was 5 people, I'd be concerned. If it's been countless cases going on for over a decade and his colleagues say "Yeah he did it" then I kinda think he did it

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The best Dragon Ball shirts are the ones without four damn sentences on them. One I got is just the Manga page of Gohan punching Cell.

Live Action Disney is a mistake. I mean, they tried, but still.

Here's another look at Genie Smith.

I mean bruh... I like Will Smith but please... they could have do more work in Genie's face or just go with realistic CGI Geni with Will Smith doing voiceover instead of just Will Smith AS Genie lol.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If it was one person, I'd raise an eyebrow. If it was 5 people, I'd be concerned. If it's been countless cases going on for over a decade and his colleagues say "Yeah he did it" then I kinda think he did it
What did he do exactly?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sexually harass and assault loads of women, with a preference for minors too. He's also known to be homophobic and a huge *** at the people he's working with
What's the context of all this? Homophobic against someone specifically? And how did he harass those people? Was it a kiss on the cheek like from what I've heard or more? When was he an ass to people?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I just kinda wish they had gotten Genie's original Broadway performer, James Monroe Iglehart. The man nailed the role.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I want to be fair with this Vic Mignogna thing.

I'm not going to say that people didn't feel uncomfortable when he hugged and kissed them on the cheek like he apparently often does. They are more than in their rights to feel uncomfortable about that. It's just from things I've seen, like people suggesting someone photoshop a picture so that it looks like he grabbed a girls breast or a news site using a picture of a girl with Vic that she didn't consent to having on there and that was taken out of context, I begin to wonder if this sort of mob mentality is just the way it is now. Like, this all spurred from him apparently not wanting to sign Yaoi? I mean that's within his rights. That's his choice. He's not made any Homophobic remarks past that as far as I could find.

Like I said I have no adoration for the guy and literally only found out he was a person... today. He's apparently the voice of Broly. However, after what happened with Sylvester Stallone I feel like I can't feel good about myself to join that mob mentality and break down a persons livelihood because I really don't know anything about any of it. And he did issue an apology to everyone that he made feel uncomfortable or displeased with him which is admirable considering most people now make non apologies where they say "you shouldn't feel this way" which he didn't do.

There is one allegation that caught my attention though. Jaimie Marchie's. About him gabbing her by the scalp? That's wild and not ok. Seems like a giant leap from kiss on the cheek to yanking hair but hey, if it happened it happened. I'd like to hear his response to that one. I support her for coming out with that.

I'm just wondering how this all just now came to a head. Like, imma let it play out and see what happens. Try to stay completely unaffiliated with this thing entirely. This is just one super wild ass ride.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Tbh here... York New City arc of HxH was my least favorite arc, however I start to like it a bit more when I watch the 2011 remake.
Least favorite arc but started to like it more in the 2011 remake? Does that mean you watched the original HxH (1999 version) as well? Interesting...

Hm I wonder if anyone else wants to be down for some HxH discussion. If I'm gonna tag Shoe for HxH, might as well grab anyone else that could be interested...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Let’s just keep the Genie Black throughout the movie

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Maybe not but I see some potential in this new Genie. Even if the movie tanks, I guarantee that we'll get a bunch of memes out of it.
That's fair, but Robin Williams' Genie will always hold a special place in my heart.
He was a darn good actor...and person too, for real.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The whole Aladdin movie just looks... unfinished. Like I get it's our first look but everything is so bland.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What's the context of all this? Homophobic against someone specifically? And how did he harass those people? Was it a kiss on the cheek like from what I've heard or more? When was he an *** to people?
Homophobia in general including a strong refusal to sign yaoi. With harass, it's also **** according to the stories, touching people inappropriately and sticking his tongue in girl's ears. There's also many of his colleagues, including Sean Schemmel (who also made up a character based on Vic with a very similar name being a blatant pedophile and screaming about how voice directors are Satan if they think he's not perfect and ****), Sonny Straits (Who did the same thing), Monica Rial (Who claims she was sexually assaulted by him) and many many others. There are just far too many examples to think of and when a ****ton of Vic's colleagues are AGAINST him here, that means that even if it's somehow all fake despite these claims existing for 15+ years with countless people claiming, then he'd have to have REALLY pissed them off to conspire against him like the ****heads claim they're doing

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Homophobia in general including a strong refusal to sign yaoi. With harass, it's also **** according to the stories, touching people inappropriately and sticking his tongue in girl's ears. There's also many of his colleagues, including Sean Schemmel (who also made up a character based on Vic with a very similar name being a blatant pedophile and screaming about how voice directors are Satan if they think he's not perfect and ****), Sonny Straits (Who did the same thing), Monica Rial (Who claims she was sexually assaulted by him) and many many others. There are just far too many examples to think of and when a ****ton of Vic's colleagues are AGAINST him here, that means that even if it's somehow all fake despite these claims existing for 15+ years with countless people claiming, then he'd have to have REALLY pissed them off to conspire against him like the ****heads claim they're doing
Guess you can never really judge people based on their outward appearance, huh?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Guess you can never really judge people based on their outward appearance, huh?
What's especially telling is that anyone, VA or not, has gotten death threats and hate for believing the victims. Yet Vic the Prick has for some reason, yet to say "Back off" to people whereas Monica Rial, the victim, has spoken against people sending death threats to people who believe Vic and is reporting them alongside death threats she sees against her

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Definitely think the direct is coming.

Pokémon day is the 27th and has a q and a and Nintendo’s New York store with the treehouse.

That makes me pretty positive that gen 8 is announced and actually shown footage real soon. Because there wouldn’t be a need for a q and a otherwise.

As for the directs contents.
My predictions:

Opens with joker footage and releas date. Fighter 3 is revealed with our without gameplay. Considering the 13th is the rumored date and that’s Valentine’s Day in japan. Having take your heart be a thing and not giving joker gameplay would be a weird choice.

Luigi’s mansion 3 gets a name and story synopsis

Daemon x machina gets more looks.

We finally see three houses again. It will be delayed to August. With us learning a lot more at the fire emblem even in May.

Animal crossing is the main focus.

Ends on a gen 8 reveal full gameplay. There was a post that hinted at gen 7s revealed that I believe was by Masuda if not with someone credible.

Now again we have a post that has the same setup, which is being taken from go and talking about how in love two growlithes are.

Which sounds like a pretty good hint that the 14th would be the reveal, which is the 13th here.

I know it sounds like a big direct and it would be but that’s because it’s the first of the year and all those titles will get an E3 focus

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is there like an active Sora support thread here?
There probably is. I’d be shocked if there wasn’t.

On side note:

The switch is getting matience on the 12th and 23th....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Definitely think the direct is coming.

Pokémon day is the 27th and has a q and a and Nintendo’s New York store with the treehouse.

That makes me pretty positive that gen 8 is announced and actually shown footage real soon. Because there wouldn’t be a need for a q and a otherwise.

As for the directs contents.
My predictions:

Opens with joker footage and releas date. Fighter 3 is revealed with our without gameplay. Considering the 13th is the rumored date and that’s Valentine’s Day in japan. Having take your heart be a thing and not giving joker gameplay would be a weird choice.

Luigi’s mansion 3 gets a name and story synopsis

Daemon x machina gets more looks.

We finally see three houses again. It will be delayed to August. With us learning a lot more at the fire emblem even in May.

Animal crossing is the main focus.

Ends on a gen 8 reveal full gameplay. There was a post that hinted at gen 7s revealed that I believe was by Masuda if not with someone credible.

Now again we have a post that has the same setup, which is being taken from go and talking about how in love two growlithes are.

Which sounds like a pretty good hint that the 14th would be the reveal, which is the 13th here.

I know it sounds like a big direct and it would be but that’s because it’s the first of the year and all those titles will get an E3 focus
To add fuel to the fire, the Fire Emblem playlist from Nintendo Germany added a private video recently
IMG_20190211_200529.jpg

I have to agree, it seems it's definitely happening. I just want more info on Fire Emblem Three Heroes Houses and Joker gameplay. And maybe some kind of cool surprise would be nice, but I'm not sure if I want to bring my hopes up just in case.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To add fuel to the fire, the Fire Emblem playlist from Nintendo Germany added a private video recently
View attachment 191569

I have to agree, it seems it's definitely happening. I just want more info on Fire Emblem Three Heroes Houses and Joker gameplay. And maybe some kind of cool surprise would be nice, but I'm not sure if I want to bring my hopes up just in case.
Yeah no way is it not happening now. I bet they make us wait till tomorrow to hear about it though.

It’s shaping up to be a potentially crazy direct with all the possibile reveals but we shall see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom