• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Um... that's intriguing.

I've spent all day devising a new way to implement Tomes in Fire Emblem.

Which is totally productive and not at all just me procrastinating.
I wanted to rank the Sonic games through being as objective as possible and I thought it would be fun.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well if you did like Kamoshida I’d be wondering what was wrong with you.

Yeah but compared to me you probably blow me out of the water. I lowered the difficulty and almost still lost to the grass guy with the fog of war.
I started liking him the first time I saw him...back when I didn’t know him. Hoping he dies

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey good luck on the new job! What type of position is it if I may ask?

Well theres Pizza coming up so uh... pizza time lol

I've been up in watching Voltron and HxH 2011. Enjoying those. Still gotta catch up on some manga. I've been trying to balance school and work for the first time atm and it's been challenging so far.
It’s a small florist shop. I’m mainly going to be conditioning and taking care of the flowers and plants and making flower arrangements.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I've considering doing something like that before.

Good luck to you with your endeavour.
I'm almost finished with it. I've counted all the ones I've played before.
I'm also doing only mainline, so the gamegear games, Sonic Runners, and Sonic Pinball Party don't count, even though I've played those.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If Advance Wars ever comes back they should take some ideas from War Groove. Like having the commanding officer as an actual useable unit and dogs... it can always use more dogs.
I agree with having the Commanding Officer on the map (similar to what DoR introduced) but I can do without dogs in AW. Keep in mind this is a series about tanks, rockets, aircraft, etc. That would be super out of place lol.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I agree with having the Commanding Officer on the map (similar to what DoR introduced) but I can do without dogs in AW. Keep in mind this is a series about tanks, rockets, aircraft, etc. That would be super out of place lol.
Dogs destroying tanks though...

But jokes aside, I could see dogs in a tutorial level, with an in-game explanation that there's no need to waste war resources just to train a rookie commander :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Dogs destroying tanks though...

But jokes aside, I could see dogs in a tutorial level, with an in-game explanation that there's no need to waste war resources just to train a rookie commander :p
Andy would handle them easily with his wrenches. They're not just for show y'know?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
KMDP KMDP
OK, here are the results of my sonic game ranking:
System
  • Game title, release date
  • Controls/Physics: How intuitive are the controls? Is the game easy to pick up and play? Do the characters feel as smooth as butter, or wonky and clunky? Is Sonic super-fast and agile like he’s supposed to be, or does he feel awkward and slow by his standards?
  • Level design: Are the levels memorable and fun to play through? Is the difficulty just right based on how early each level is? Or, is enemy placement cheap/unfair and are there difficulty spikes and drops throughout the game? Are the boss battles any good?
  • Replayability: How are the extra features in the game? Is the multiplayer mode worth your time? How about collecting chaos emeralds or achievements; is that worth it? Is the game fun enough in general to play 100%? Are there fun mini-games as well?
  • Visual Aesthetics: Am I able to tell what I’m doing while I’m playing? Are the graphics gorgeous, or are the color palettes dull and uninteresting? Are the animations awkward and grainy so I can’t see anything or tell what I’m doing? Are the camera angles good or bad? Keep “for it’s time” in mind, but don’t hold to it as law.
  • Music: Does the music fit each level well? Does it fit the atmosphere/theme of the game well? Or, is it bland and forgettable, or even jarring?
  • Story: Is the storyline for the game functional? Or is it an incoherent mess?
  • Weight
  • Controls: x2
  • Level design: x2
  • Replayability: x1
  • Visuals: x0.5
  • Music: x0.5
  • Story: x0.5
  • Scale (per category)
  • Top tier: 10-9
  • High tier: 7-8
  • Mid tier: 5-6
  • Low tier: 3-4
  • Bottom tier: 1-2
The games:

• Mania- 96.92
  • 3 and Knuckles- 94.61
  • Colors Console- 91.54
  • Generations Console- 90.71
  • Sonic 2- 86.92
  • Advance 2- 86.92
  • Advance 1- 84.62
  • Adventure 2- 81.54
  • CD- 79.23
  • Unleashed wii- 79.23
  • Generations 3ds- 78.46
  • Colors ds- 76.15
  • Sonic 1- 74.61
  • Unleashed xbox 360- 74.61
  • Advance 3- 72.3
  • Adventure 1- 71.54
  • Riders- 70
  • Heroes- 66.92
  • Lost World console- 65.38
  • Forces- 61.54
  • Shattered Crystal- 50.77
  • Rise of Lyric- 45.38
  • 3D Blast- 43.85
  • Labyrinth- 36.15
  • Sonic 06- 35.38

KMDP

Smash Legend
KMDP KMDP
OK, here are the results of my sonic game ranking:
System
  • Game title, release date
  • Controls/Physics: How intuitive are the controls? Is the game easy to pick up and play? Do the characters feel as smooth as butter, or wonky and clunky? Is Sonic super-fast and agile like he’s supposed to be, or does he feel awkward and slow by his standards?
  • Level design: Are the levels memorable and fun to play through? Is the difficulty just right based on how early each level is? Or, is enemy placement cheap/unfair and are there difficulty spikes and drops throughout the game? Are the boss battles any good?
  • Replayability: How are the extra features in the game? Is the multiplayer mode worth your time? How about collecting chaos emeralds or achievements; is that worth it? Is the game fun enough in general to play 100%? Are there fun mini-games as well?
  • Visual Aesthetics: Am I able to tell what I’m doing while I’m playing? Are the graphics gorgeous, or are the color palettes dull and uninteresting? Are the animations awkward and grainy so I can’t see anything or tell what I’m doing? Are the camera angles good or bad? Keep “for it’s time” in mind, but don’t hold to it as law.
  • Music: Does the music fit each level well? Does it fit the atmosphere/theme of the game well? Or, is it bland and forgettable, or even jarring?
  • Story: Is the storyline for the game functional? Or is it an incoherent mess?
  • Weight
  • Controls: x2
  • Level design: x2
  • Replayability: x1
  • Visuals: x0.5
  • Music: x0.5
  • Story: x0.5
  • Scale (per category)
  • Top tier: 10-9
  • High tier: 7-8
  • Mid tier: 5-6
  • Low tier: 3-4
  • Bottom tier: 1-2
The games:

• Mania- 96.92
  • 3 and Knuckles- 94.61
  • Colors Console- 91.54
  • Generations Console- 90.71
  • Sonic 2- 86.92
  • Advance 2- 86.92
  • Advance 1- 84.62
  • Adventure 2- 81.54
  • CD- 79.23
  • Unleashed wii- 79.23
  • Generations 3ds- 78.46
  • Colors ds- 76.15
  • Sonic 1- 74.61
  • Unleashed xbox 360- 74.61
  • Advance 3- 72.3
  • Adventure 1- 71.54
  • Riders- 70
  • Heroes- 66.92
  • Lost World console- 65.38
  • Forces- 61.54
  • Shattered Crystal- 50.77
  • Rise of Lyric- 45.38
  • 3D Blast- 43.85
  • Labyrinth- 36.15
  • Sonic 06- 35.38
This sounds about right, if I'm being honest.

I find it really funny '06 ranks worse than Labyrinth, the game where Sonic is literally as slow as molasses.

I think you could also split 3D Blast into two, because the Genesis/Mega Drive version and Saturn version do have differences; even though the music part is subjective, I'd say the Saturn version of 3D Blast is slightly better than the Mega Drive version because of the improved graphics and Special Stages (the half-pipe is a lot better than the Bridge).

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This sounds about right, if I'm being honest.

I find it really funny '06 ranks worse than Labyrinth, the game where Sonic is literally as slow as molasses.

I think you could also split 3D Blast into two, because the Genesis/Mega Drive version and Saturn version do have differences; even though the music part is subjective, I'd say the Saturn version of 3D Blast is slightly better than the Mega Drive version because of the improved graphics and Special Stages (the half-pipe is a lot better than the Bridge).
06 and Labyrinth were SUPER close together. Out of all the games, I gave Labyrinth a 1/10 in controls, and it's the ONLY game to get 1/10 for the controls category, because it spits on Sonic's niche of being very speedy...
but it functions better than 06. While 06 has excellent music and Sonic actually goes fast overall, it does everything else VERY wrong. 06 is a broken mess, Labyrinth is infuriating but it's slightly less broken than 06.

I've heard the Saturn version is significantly better, but I've never played it. I do love the Panic Puppet theme from the Saturn version though...one of my favorite Sonic songs because it's so bloody threatening and adrenaline rushing...perfect for a final level. Was also used in the fan game called Sonic Dimensions, which is basically 2D Unleashed but with excellent physics...and it's amazing.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly the best way to bring advance wars back would be through fire emblem heroes then a new game.
Heroes would provide a lot of exposure for it weather people like it or not.

It be the best way to advertise a new game

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
06 and Labyrinth were SUPER close together. Out of all the games, I gave Labyrinth a 1/10 in controls, and it's the ONLY game to get 1/10 for the controls category, because it spits on Sonic's niche of being very speedy...
but it functions better than 06. While 06 has excellent music and Sonic actually goes fast overall, it does everything else VERY wrong. 06 is a broken mess, Labyrinth is infuriating but it's slightly less broken than 06.
I'd argue '06 has that "so bad, it's hilarious" kind of charm.

Doesn't mean it should be higher than Labyrinth though, just that at least, '06 is redeemable since we can laugh at it. :p

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
KMDP KMDP
Here's a full playthrough of Sonic Dimensions I found on youtube:

It has 7 stages that are either completely original or somewhat inspired from past stages found in canon, official games. The 8th stage, Jungle Joyride, is...well, a completely 2d version of Jungle Joyride from Unleashed lol

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Honestly the best way to bring advance wars back would be through fire emblem heroes then a new game.
Heroes would provide a lot of exposure for it weather people like it or not.

It be the best way to advertise a new game

I rather have Fire Emblem Heroes as a Fire Emblem game.

A crossover could cause more harm than any Camilla alt.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

I've heard the Saturn version is significantly better, but I've never played it. I do love the Panic Puppet theme from the Saturn version though...one of my favorite Sonic songs because it's so bloody threatening and adrenaline rushing...perfect for a final level. Was also used in the fan game called Sonic Dimensions, which is basically 2D Unleashed but with excellent physics...and it's amazing.
"Sonic Labyrinth: It's functional." The greatest endorsement worthy of being put on the box!

The Saturn version of 3D Blast is pretty much the same besides the soundtrack, the graphics and the Special Stage. I actually prefer the Saturn soundtrack to the Genesis one 9 times out of 10, but the Special Stage is where the Saturn version really shines, I've heard it said that 3D Blast Saturn's Special Stage is the best the halfpipe has ever been, and I have to say that's not a wrong statement, it's too bad it's connected to 3D Blast and not an actual Sonic game. :laugh:

There is one difference to the main gameplay, also related to the Special Stages; Tails and Knuckles work slightly differently in the Saturn version of 3D Blast, though I can't remember the specifics.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think PJ and my relationship is more like Claire and Mr. X

He always shows up at the worst time.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One thing that I never see getting mentioned about Sonic '06 is its multiplayer, which is hilariously broken. Maybe it's because nobody wants to subject their friends to Sonic '06.

Still, in the multiplayer, you can play as Sonic, Shadow, or Silver. Silver moves about half as fast as Sonic or Shadow does, but his telekinesis can freeze people in place indefinitely, until he has to jump. On some stages, this means that Silver can grab someone with telekinesis and get halfway across the stage before his opponent can move, and there's nothing they can do to escape. (in other words, it's no use)

Also, while looking up the game's multiplayer, I found this: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(2006_game)#Emerald_Accounting It really puts things into perspective.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I feel like advance wars should get a pass.

Is made it and its literally he only reason fire emblem exists. Not to mention if Andy was op no one would complain about pulling fornhin.
:p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

yeah...besides...the only crossover we need is to have the real Pit be playable (the only one who can protect Chrom)
same here, plus I really really just want nintendo to give us Animal Crossing news, just any news
And I want some Three Houses news!
And I’m still waiting for the 25 years to pass so I get another Kid Icarus game

Ivander

Smash Legend
I feel like advance wars should get a pass.

Is made it and its literally he only reason fire emblem exists.

Umm... a GBA game is the only reason why a game series that started on NES exists?

And yes, I'm aware that Advance Wars was A reason why they localized Fire Emblem Blazing Sword, but it's certainly not The reason why a game series exists.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also, while looking up the game's multiplayer, I found this: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(2006_game)#Emerald_Accounting It really puts things into perspective.
Red Emerald: "Freaking Nowhere"

Gold.
Gods I’m all jittery from being chased by Mr. X
First we gonna ROCK, then we gonna ROLL
Then we let it POP, DON'T LET IT GO
X gonna give it to ya
He gonna give it to ya
X gonna give it to ya
He gonna give it to ya

The obvious joke is sometimes the best.

Last edited:
Status