• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Nintendo restocking a 17 year old controller?
Why not use a pro controller?
Because that's the controller I'm most comfortable using when playing Smash.

And besides, I would've thought the same if it wasn't for the fact they remade gamecube controllers when Smash 4 released ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The pro controller is better than the gcn controller in every way though.
No analogue triggers though. Also the d-pads on both controllers are pretty bad.

As much as I like the Switch's pro controller, I'd still prefer to use the GC controller for Smash.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man E3 is gonna be wild. Smash Switch, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem.. something else I feel like I’m forgetting.

D

Deleted member

The pro controller is better than the gcn controller in every way though.
There is actually a video comparing the two.
Go around 5:05 for the comparison.
Honestly it is hard to say which is better to be honest. Yes, a Pro Controller in a way is better because it is more advanced.
I am the only one who uses the GC controller in my family, everyone else good uses a Pro Controller.
What I like about using the GC controller is that I can use the same controller for Melee, Smash 4 and Brawl, as well as the Smash game coming in 2018. That feels good.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man E3 is gonna be wild. Smash Switch, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem.. something else I feel like I’m forgetting.
Metroid Prime 4. Maybe Pokemon. Third party games like Mega Man 11. Hopefully a release for Spider-Man PS4. Soul Calibur 6, DBFZ DLC ect.

D

Deleted member

The best controller to use in Smash Brothers by far is the....
Bongo Drums

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey @Mythra , just curious to know if you had already use this image before.
View attachment 138481
'cuz I wanted to give you something for the time you helped me on Xenoblade 2 and just for being a great person to talk about Xenoblade 2 and for being funny in general. So...I hope you like it. :x
Hm... Never seen Mythra and Pyra in that kind of hair style...
Since it's just a fanart, I don't think there is spoilers in the fanart, right?
Well, before I give you the link, have you finished chapter 7? I think you have finished the game, but I want to be 100% sure, I don't want to ruin the experience for ya.
Uh, never mind, I haven't finish chapter 7,glad I didn't click on that link.
You should better set the link as spoiler just in case.
This guy's videos continue to be gold.

I might watch this videos when I finish the game....
Sheba's "Entourage" just got hotter
Yeah, pretty much lol.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Possilby Pokemon and Metroid.

Maybe the Yoshi game.

I hope Retro's project.

D

Deleted member

Personally, I've grown very fond of the Pro Controller.
I use anything that has the standard "diamond" arrangement of face buttons. Playing on the GamePad, Classic Controller (Pro) and 3DS was doable and good, but the Wii U's Pro Controller wins. Since the 3DS (let's go with the New 3DS here-- the C-Stick is above ABXY and that is a bit more like the Right Stick above ABXY on the GamePad / Pro Controller) features basically the exact same layout as Wii U's own controllers, transferring your skills to one game to the other is seamless. I get that a lot of people prefer the GameCube controller, but I just find it antiquated. If someone thought Wii U and its controllers looked "toy-ish," look at the GameCube and N64 first. I'd personally rather live on the present where everything is wireless and modern, but it's just a matter of preference.

The Switch's own Pro Controller is even better than Wii U's, in everything but battery life (Wii U's has double the battery life), but then again, it's got an NFC reader for amiibo and a gyroscope + accelerometer, making up space. It's still much longer than the DualShock 4 and Xbox One controller's battery life. The fact that they added those two features made the Pro Controller a great alternative to the Joy-Con to be the player's main controller on Switch instead of a simple accessory that's only useful for multiplayer.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Metroid Prime 4. Maybe Pokemon. Third party games like Mega Man 11. Hopefully a release for Spider-Man PS4. Soul Calibur 6, DBFZ DLC ect.
Right, they're keeping best boi 17 under wraps until E3. #give17hisboat #darealMVP

Also I've just gotten intel from a reliable source that Nintendo and Ubisoft are partenering to make a Mario+Rabbids cross-over, which they will unveil at E3. Nintendo is doomed fam

D

Deleted member

The only one game truly worth getting hyped for.

Right, guys? Right?!

Nintendo restocking a 17 year old controller?
Why not use a pro controller?
If I were Sakurai, I'd finally think it's time to have all players move on. Smash is perfectly playable with the Joy-Con and Pro Controller. Just literally paste the default 3DS/Wii U controller layout and you're good to go. But tourney players have complained about "lag" in wireless controllers in the past. Some people have said the GameCube controller is what arcade sticks are to other fighting game players to Smash players though.

If there's the chance GameCube controller support is removed from the game itself, there's always a workaround. Since any USB controller is compatible with Switch, you can play any Switch game with GameCube controllers fine, as long as it's not hindered by the lack of clickable buttons on the sticks and ZL and ZR.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Since everyone is doing it, my FEH friend ID is 1535394121 and it should be the one with Valter. I've sent out requests for those in the thread, but feel free to tell me if I missed anyone!

Thing is...much of your argument involves theoreticals. Game Freak has multiple teams, so maybe they put one term on Gen 8 while Gen 7 was still in production. Speculators were caught off guard with a three year generation when they expected a four year cycle, so maybe it could happen now with a two year one. While it could happen, we should not assume it will until we have reason to believe it. We're best off looking at the evidence we have right now and predicting based on that, and then altering our predictions when we learn anything new.
Oh, I'm not trying to suggest that has to be the case as I agree the information we have is limited, rather I'm suggesting it as a possibility based on what evidence we do have such as looking at developmental cycles of Gen 6 and 7. It could be misguided, but it's more trying to make use of previous observations to analyze and make predictions.

But again, just because they could rush through the rest of the trials with a snap of the writers' fingers, it doesn't mean we should assume they will without any proof.
The SM anime does go at its own pace, and as we've seen with the aforementioned Aether and Akala arcs, it can easily ramp up and go through each material in a quick fashion just as much as it can slow down and go back to Melemele for more character building. It's not consistent enough to say that it will maintain it's pacing and keep steady throughout the rest of the year, it can and has sped through content as it pleases.

Considering right now they're doing a mix of Ultra Beast stuff and character building filler, and seeing how the anime has yet to introduce Nanu, Hapu, the Ultra Recon Squad, or even freaking Guzma, the evidence points more toward the Alola saga not wrapping up within the next six months.
Those characters aren't guaranteed to appear though, a number of important NPCs like Zinnia, the Shadow Triad and Zinzolin did not appear in the anime despite having notable roles in the games, and some like Steven (Gen 3 anime only) and Charon have their roles significantly downgraded or sections of it completely ignored. Outside of Nanu (who's confirmed) and likely (by virtue of being a Kahuna) Hapu, there's no guarantee that the rest of those characters will appear as their stories can be glossed over or done in different ways to account for their absence. In fact, we've already seen this to an extent with Hapu, Hau, and Guzma as the former pops up multiple times across the games, the second is an important rival and story character, and the latter has an important role in the Aether arc, yet all have had their roles ignored or given to other characters while also not being so much as alluded to even when characters related to them have appeared.

As for the rest, again it depends on how they plan to structure the arc. Buzzwole's story was done in an episode and the rest aside from maybe one or two (such as Guzzlord) aren't given that much story/lore prominence to necessitate a full mini-arc to themselves like Nihilego. So theoretically, you could get their stories done on top of finishing the Trials and character arcs within six to eight months, it's just dependent on how it's done.

Hey, something we can agree on!
*high fives*

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
At this point, the only safe bets for E3 are Smash, Yoshi and Fire Emblem (if they're all still coming this year).

Kamiya said he would lose motivation to develop Bayo 3 if Ninty didn't announce Virtual Console and a controller with a proper D-pad this last Direct, so... yup, it's doomed. ( :p )

While I want to believe and see Pokémon and Metroid, I was bit too many times in the butt expecting certain Nintendo games at certain Nintendo events - namely Fire Emblem, and you wanna know the worst part?

Back in 2017, I was like "alright, only Yoshi and Fire Emblem will have new footage in 2017. Octopath Traveler, Travis Strikes Back, SMT5, Kirby, NONE of those will be heard of till 2018. Heck, I'm sure there won't be a single Bayonetta-related announcement in 2017, trust me guiz. Only Yoshi and FE."

And in the end, it ended up being the ABSOLUTE opposite. orz The Octopath Traveler demo was definitely a gut punch too. So I've wisened up for this year and proceed with extremely cautious expectations. Seeing all the folks wondering why FE wasn't show in the Direct? I'm kinda glad they're as salty as I was last year, ha.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only one game truly worth getting hyped for.

Right, guys? Right?!

If I were Sakurai, I'd finally think it's time to have all players move on. Smash is perfectly playable with the Joy-Con and Pro Controller. Just literally paste the default 3DS/Wii U controller layout and you're good to go. But tourney players have complained about "lag" in wireless controllers in the past. Some people have said the GameCube controller is what arcade sticks are to other fighting game players to Smash players though.

If there's the chance GameCube controller support is removed from the game itself, there's always a workaround. Since any USB controller is compatible with Switch, you can play any Switch game with GameCube controllers fine, as long as it's not hindered by the lack of clickable buttons on the sticks and ZL and ZR.
I played Smash 4 on nothing but the gamepad after my Controller died on me and I didnt feel any issues at all and the switch pro controller is great in my hands

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
At this point, the only safe bets for E3 are Smash, Yoshi and Fire Emblem (if they're all still coming this year).

Kamiya said he would lose motivation to develop Bayo 3 if Ninty didn't announce Virtual Console and a controller with a proper D-pad this last Direct, so... yup, it's doomed. ( :p )

While I want to believe and see Pokémon and Metroid, I was bit too many times in the butt expecting certain Nintendo games at certain Nintendo events - namely Fire Emblem, and you wanna know the worst part?

Back in 2017, I was like "alright, only Yoshi and Fire Emblem will have new footage in 2017. Octopath Traveler, Travis Strikes Back, SMT5, Kirby, NONE of those will be heard of till 2018. Heck, I'm sure there won't be a single Bayonetta-related announcement in 2017, trust me guiz. Only Yoshi and FE."

And in the end, it ended up being the ABSOLUTE opposite. orz The Octopath Traveler demo was definitely a gut punch too. So I've wisened up for this year and proceed with extremely cautious expectations. Seeing all the folks wondering why FE wasn't show in the Direct? I'm kinda glad they're as salty as I was last year, ha.

You and Kamiya may joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if some higher up executive at NoJ took his comment out of context and almost had a stroke at the thought of Kamiya backing down from Bayo 3 :p

Not that anyone would wish that on said poor soul...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just thought of something. If Pheonix Wright got into Smash then I'd want his trailer to start like a Mario Sunshine HD Trailer but during the court scene, as they integrate Mario, Pheonix Wright cuts in with

"OBJECTION!"

And then cue Gameplay Footage.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
wow this sure is pretty great
please help me jesus christmas why am i still here i gotta get out man

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just thought of something. If Pheonix Wright got into Smash then I'd want his trailer to start like a Mario Sunshine HD Trailer but during the court scene, as they integrate Mario, Pheonix Wright cuts in with

"OBJECTION!"

And then cue Gameplay Footage.
inb4 people get upset about lack of Sunshine HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom