• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
You made me laugh because you thought there was such a thing as escaping this place.
I thought I had escaped. Almost 2 years, I only posted one time, looking for a new icon for my roster maker.

Then March 8 happened. It seems that any freedom I thought I had, was only by smashboard's permission, not by right.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Boy - Smashboards is making my computer's fans go into overdrive... There's so much activity both here, on the Newcomer/Veteran Forums and don't get me started on the Official Smash Bros Switch thread - It's been probably, say 2 or three years since I've seen over 35+ users in a thread at once. truly, we've restarted the era of Smash Bros speculation all over again.

Isn't he currently unemployed? I mean, last we heard of him, he deserted a sinking ship called Marvel VS Capcom and we haven't heard of him since...
We know that there's an Ace Attorney 7 coming to the Switch, so maybe we'll see the Wright Anything Agency sooner rather than later. Capcom would probably make a low-key announcement of the game's official title, then maybe in a small trailer talk about the game.

As for who the game will focus on - Maybe we'll see more focus on Athena this time, but I hope Apollo and the Kingdom of Khura'in are revisited in future titles.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why don’t you make me? :smirk:

You wanna go there?

Well, maybe the better method would be for your own bad choices to come crashing down on ya.

Yeah. I like that.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know, I'm one of the few people who's favorite cookie is just simple, shortbread cookies. No chips, no crazy quantity of sugar, just simple and sweet.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, Desperation is working pretty well on VaLyntine. She can deal with green mages using it.

Now, all I need before calling this a complete success is confirmation that she can deal with Micaiah using it.

EDIT: No, she cannot. Thani is too ****ing good against armored mages. But hey, it still works at shutting down Distant Counters due to how much of a nuke she can be. At least, I have Grima, so it's not like I have no counter for Micaiah. :p

Trust me when I say: there's dozens of us! Dozens! :p
There are nearly 8 billion people on Earth, so "dozens" is very small :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smashboards is slower than Arden, what the ****.
I don't even remember Smash 4 prerelease being this bad, but maybe it's because I'm on mobile nowadays.

Also, @ people saying Phoenix Wright should be in Smash:
Stop reminding me I have to play more AA games damnit, my computer can't handle the power of DS games!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's funny, because I've noticed Smashboards chugging for the past few weeks and since no one else said anything I assumed it was something up with my computer.

. . .Well it still might be. But probably in combination with Smashboards itself chugging in that case.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm not sure about Lycanroc would be able to get in, since its usually movies that get Pokemon the bump they need, to get into Smash. And you know I get the slight feeling some people think Decidueye will happen to complete the starter triangle, while I think it would be neat if this happens, I'm not really sure about that, cause that's not something Sakurai would be looking for.

Also something I could see hurting Decidueye, is if Ash's Rowlet doesn't evolve to its final stage, and well we all know about patterns and all that, but Ash seems to only ever get his fire starters to be fully evolved, so there's precedent that his Rowlet won't evolve to its final evolution
Well, it's not a clear cut thing regarding the movies. Certainly not a requirement, as we saw with Greninja recently and the Trainer in Brawl. It's not as if there's some benchmark that decides who makes it and who doesn't, but what we can do is pay attention to which mons are given the most prominence in the current generation, as they're the most likely to be considered for Smash.

Which is why I've been pointing out how Ash's signature 'mon this generation is actually a Lycanroc, not any starter.

You're right on how a lot of people keep assuming Decidueye must be a lock or must be the only option in order to "complete the starter trio", and it's an argument that doesn't hold up because the Smash devs don't choose characters just to fill quotas. First and foremost, they're looking for compelling new additions to the roster, and that's where Pokémon in particular gets complicated. While Decidueye has prominence due to being a starter and potential due to unique plant-based powers and archery skills, Lycanroc also has prominence as more or less Gen 7's Lucario archetype as well as being a focal point of the anime, and potential due to unique earth-based powers, a possible quadrupedal build, possibly a multi-form stance system (note: not full moveset transformation) if that was appealing enough to the devs, et cetera. It's reminding me of the Chrom-vs.-Robin thing back in 2014, and since it turns out the two of them may have been considered independently of each other, there's a fairly realistic chance we could see both Decidueye and Lycanroc here.

Also, not sure where you're getting the "only Ash's fire starters evolve" thing. He's had a Bayleef and Sceptile before, and, y'know, Greninja.

inb4 people get upset about lack of Sunshine HD.
Let's be honest, that is exactly what'd happen, unfortunately...

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
D

Deleted member

While Stoopid and Praline have some kind of "crush :troll:", I am staying single. So do not say "Shiny, go on a date with me".

D

Deleted member

I feel like I am the worst at socially interacting out of everyone in this thread....
The same way you people learn about animals.

Studying them, watching them, living with them, etc.
ARE YOU CALLING US ANIMALS?
...You know, I can live with that. If you were to call us ants, that would be great because ants work without moaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom