• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's better to think of Yen as being 2 orders of magnitude less than it seems when comparing it to other currencies.

Like: 100000 Yen is more like 1000.00 Yen.

As an aside, the Pokémon currency is 1:1 just Yen.

Paying $2 for a Poké Ball makes a lot more sense than $200. :laugh:
I dunno, a handheld device that captures a target instantly into a small spherical object sounds pretty expensive.

Pokemon ia probably some dystopia where the wealthy enjoy cockfighting.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm sorry but seriously, stop defending this ****. It doesn't matter what she did, no ****ing story should have torture as a valid mean for confession, slavery as an acceptable element and **** as "just punishment"
Heck, the story even has an actual rapist that is not punished for his actions which shows the author's care for this subject is non-existent.

It went from "problematic" to "completely iredeemable piece of disgusting garbage that should be purged from existence".

Please tell me this is a joke, B99 would never betray me like that.
Don't worry it was Scully and Hitchcock. The same season that had that had an episode about the racist police ******** and season 5 starts off with major police brutality themes

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don’t get the weird naming they have for persona spells, like agi being flame and frei being nuclear.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don’t get the weird naming they have for persona spells, like agi being flame and frei being nuclear.
It's a holdover from SMT's whole mythology thing.

Though, personally I think it sounds rad as hell compared to Fire Emblem.
"fire"-> "elfire" ->"arcfire"
"AGI" -> "AGILAO" -> "AGIDYNE"

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just wish raising charm was easier than how it is. Sorry if I’m getting annoying.
It's fine. XD

I actually think you're meant to wait to do Makoto's confidant.

Unless ATLUS genuinely thought the average player would be able to have Maximum Charm when you get her.
I dunno, a handheld device that captures a target instantly into a small spherical object sounds pretty expensive.

Pokemon is probably some dystopia where the wealthy enjoy cockfighting.
Well... Pokéballs literally grow on trees (in the form of Apricorns).

Don't ask me how that's possible.
It's a holdover from SMT's whole mulythology thing.

Though, personally I think it sounds rad as hell compared to Fire Emblem.
"fire" "elfire" "arcfire"
"AGI" "AGILAO" "AGIDYNE"
"Elfire" has always bugged me, it really seems like it should be "Hellfire" and was either a mistranslation or censorship, but then it turns out that that's exactly what it was in the Japanese version.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Im so drained.
Today was a good day, but I dont feel well which puts a damper on everything.

Well, I do have after school study hall duty today which bites, but eh.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if anyone is translating the ARMS manga. Would make the wait for the graphic novel more bearable.

So far the first 4 pages were translated back in 2017.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's fine. XD

Unless ATLUS genuinely thought the average player would be able to have Maximum Charm when you get her.

"Elfire" has always bugged me, it really seems like it should be "Hellfire" and was either a mistranslation or censorship, but then it turns out that that's exactly what it was in the Japanese version.
Honestly the only thing I'm miffed about is devs using "thunder" for electric attacks.

It's LIGHTNING you dolts!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's fine. XD

Well I’m at level 3 now “Suave”. I wonder how many points I need to level up to 4 and 5.

If Elfire is a miss translation of hellfire, then what about elwind and elthunder

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well I’m at level 3 now “Suave”. I wonder how many points I need to level up to 4 and 5.

If Elfire is a miss translation of hellfire, then what about elwind and elthunder
A lot.
You can probably make it in time if you disregard your other S.Links, but it'll be a tight squeeze.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Shield Hero
I was confrontational the other day so I don't want to start another political discussion as much of what I said and or spoiled I still hold. If you disagree with my interpretation of the series themes, both what I like & dislike, then just ignore me like any other user and to report me when I directly discuss something inappropriate. My views are mine and mine alone.

My only question & reason for directly replying is related to the following part of your post. You are welcome to respond or not, and I promise you & others that this is not related to politics:

Heck, the story even has an actual rapist that is not punished for his actions which shows the author's care for this subject is non-existent.
Which part of the story is that? Unless it's from one of the 7 volumes that has yet to be translated or the spin-off LN, I'm not sure if there is rapist among the main cast. The only part I can think of that comes close is when the Princess sells one of her party members into prostitution behind the Spear Hero's back. It was apart of a LN only side story and left out of the manga (and most likely the anime will too). Would the scene you mention be apart of the original web novel?

I binged the first twelve volumes last year so I apologize if I forgot a part. Volumes 8/9 were hard to follow at times due to the many action scenes. Kyo was a confusing antagonist.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Those weren't spells in the GBA Fire Emblem games, which is why I thought that.

Unless it's the characters doing terrible British accents.

'Ellfire!
"Hellwind" and "Hellthunder" do sound pretty cool.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A lot.
You can probably make it in time if you disregard your other S.Links, but it'll be a tight squeeze.
So you’re saying I should’ve started much sooner? My game is at August 2nd. I’ve pretty much been flip flopping every day between getting farther in Futaba’s palace and using the bathhouse. But definitely making sure I use the bathhouse on mondays and thursdays so i get 3 points instead of 2.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
--- --- You didnt tell me Shild Hero has a kick *** opening
I didn't know myself as I only watched the Episode 1 Preview which withheld the OP/Ending themes. lol

Kevin Penkin is composing the music for the series. I don't know his previous work, to be honest I'm a closet anime fan at best, but I did see a lot of praise for him on Twitter. Looking at his Wikipedia page, it says he has done a few collaborations with Nobuo Uematsu.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So you’re saying I should’ve started much sooner? My game is at August 2nd. I’ve pretty much been flip flopping every day between getting farther in Futaba’s palace and using the bathhouse. But definitely making sure I use the bathhouse on mondays and thursdays so i get 3 points instead of 2.
Nah, I'm saying do whatever you want but weight your options carefully.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nah, I'm saying do whatever you want but weight your options carefully.
At the rate I’m going it should be fine. Probably should stock up on sp items though since that’s my biggest issue for pretty much the entire game.

D

Deleted member

I was confrontational the other day so I don't want to start another political discussion as much of what I said and or spoiled I still hold. If you disagree with my interpretation of the series themes, both what I like & dislike, then just ignore me like any other user and to report me when I directly discuss something inappropriate. My views are mine and mine alone.

My only question & reason for directly replying is related to the following part of your post. You are welcome to respond or not, and I promise you & others that this is not related to politics:

Which part of the story is that? Unless it's from one of the 7 volumes that has yet to be translated or the spin-off LN, I'm not sure if there is rapist among the main cast. The only part I can think of that comes close is when the Princess sells one of her party members into prostitution behind the Spear Hero's back. It was apart of a LN only side story and left out of the manga (and most likely the anime will too). Would the scene you mention be apart of the original web novel?

I binged the first twelve volumes last year so I apologize if I forgot a part. Volumes 8/9 were hard to follow at times due to the many action scenes. Kyo was a confusing antagonist.
I'm talking about this **** here
Dw-9p1bUwAAogde.png

KMDP

Smash Legend
At the rate I’m going it should be fine. Probably should stock up on sp items though since that’s my biggest issue for pretty much the entire game.
I think Makoto is one of the confidants/dating options that proceeds relatively quickly once you start it (because the biggest hurdle is the first).

If I remember right, Sojiro's Confidant has a instance where you are required to have a certain trait at a certain level, and then there's an instance where you need that trait again, but the trait's level requirement is lower than the previous one.

Could be remembering that wrong, though; obviously.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think Makoto is one of the confidants/dating options that proceeds relatively quickly once you start it (because the biggest hurdle is the first).

If I remember right, Sojiro's Confidant has a instance where you are required to have a certain trait at a certain level, and then there's an instance where you need that trait again, but the trait's level requirement is lower than the previous one.

Nah, she has a second max charm hurdle.

She won't let you be her pretend boyfriend if you're not hot enough.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

You need a level 3 in knowledge to start her confidant thing and now I need max charm for the part 6 of her confidant

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm talking about this **** here
Shield Hero
Thanks. To my knowledge that's in the web novel and apart of an arc that has yet to be adapted in LN/Manga/Anime from previews of I've seen of Vol. 20. I hope that's changed in the re-telling if it hasn't already (untranslated Vol. 19 pictures on the Fan Wiki).

I'm definitely curious now to read the web novel to see the differences. The LN has already changed a few characters (Raphtalia for example is the Hammer Hero instead of the Katana Hero in the LN) and added around 3-4 new story arcs and several dozen new characters.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Fortnite is ****, but the BBB is pretty corrupt and gives inaccurate scores. So the rating probably means nothing in the end.
They seriously mean nothing and just rely on people thinking they actually do. :p

Like you can literally just pay for an A+ rating and it's not even an under-the-table practice. It's a standard procedure.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
At this rate there’s pretty much no reason to max the charm if you have no plans on dating her lol
But man you are like most P5 gamers. They all jumped to Makoto and claimed she is best gurl and even the canon love interest of Joker, but thankfully that died down and the other girls got some love. :p

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
At this rate there’s pretty much no reason to max the charm if you have no plans on dating her lol
Well, you still need max charm to get her to the Maximum confidant rank regardless of whether you intend to date her because there's benefits for both Joker and Makoto for doing so (like all playable confidants).
So how is everyone doing right now?
I'm good.

Listening to classic Dragon Ball Z music right now.
Still bummed they didn't use this version of Ken's theme in Ultimate smh

This should have been in Smash.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Speaking of confidant ranks and dating, praline praline . I just remembered something.
If/when you get to Ann's Rank 9 Confidant event, you will be given a choice with regards to how you interact with her; do not hug her (by saying "You have me"), when given the option to unless you intend to date her. Such an act is considered intimate in Japan.
A lot of first time western players fall into this "trap".

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Speaking of confidant ranks and dating, praline praline . I just remembered something.
If/when you get to Ann's Rank 9 Confidant event, you will be given a choice with regards to how you interact with her; do not hug her (by saying "You have me"), when given the option to unless you intend to date her. Such an act is considered intimate in Japan.
A lot of first time western players fall into this "trap".
Good to know!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still want SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta.

"But that's too many--" I don't care.

WB replacing him as Scorpion without telling him anything is the biggest waste of Patrick Seitz' talent.
He's no longer Scorpion? Dude that's lame as hell. I hope at least Steve Blum is still Sub-Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom