• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1528385180218.gif

I don't know what happened but man thats depressing.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Basically what Gwen said. Stories about false accusations of sexual assault are the last thing we need right now considering it's already hard for people to believe victims of it(just recently we had an idol being forced to aplogize to the two men who ASSAULTED HER).
This show is just going to justify this sort of **** culture that believes these accusations are the majority of cases when it's the exact opposite.

They could have made her accuse him of anything else: it could be for murdering someone or for stealing some royal treasure(both of which are false accusations that are actually very common in real life) but instead they went for this one and it tells a lot about what kind of author this is.

Just so you know, this doesn't really help your case at all.
I... Don't even bother delving into this because this isn't really just about the anime anymore, this is just reaching way too high, and even consider as derailing here if we were just simply ing talking about the anime.
No one gets their life ruined for false accusations. This fear-mongering is stupid because out of all accusations, only 2% to 10% is actually false. This is INSIGNIFICANT.
90% to 98% of victims get their lives ruined and the majority of those don't even get compensated and their abusers go off scotfree. False accusstions of **** is far from a pressing matter in any society while the opposite remains true.

Shows like this justify the mindsets of people who already think like that. It's throwing wood at the fire. If the show actually wanted to make some statement(which it does not), it could have, as I said, focused on issues that are actually prevalent such as false accusations of murder and theft, especially considering it's a Japanese work, a country infamous for its 99% conviction rate.
Stuffs like this needs references if you are mentioning about numbers, and again, in my opinion this topic is just going too wild here.

Don't like the message what the anime is trying to deliver? Just don't watch it. Maybe this is once again me being a bit middle man here but more often than not when I watch an anime I never care too much what kind of message it tries to deliver.
Sorry if this is a bit long, much of what has been going on with the series all week has been bugging me. I apologize if any of this feels directed at you as that is not my intent. As with most issues there is a lot more going on in the grand scheme of things that cannot be fully recognized within a basic internet post or from a single point of view. I would encourage anyone to a least stick through at least the first part of the story, as I want to share my hype, but I fully understand if one chooses not to.

If it's a revenge story, I can safely say it's not much of one (main character can't attack others & hold weapons beyond his shield). Most of the story is just him showing up or having to step in and fix the other character's mistakes. At most the main character, Naofumi, fantasizes about getting back at the Princess and does become misogynistic but he admits his mistakes and apologizes at the end of the first volume as the rest of the series focuses on him learning to re-gain his trust in others. His breaking point is when he lets go of his anger and is briefly unable to recognize the heroine who had been at his side for several months. His ultimate weapon is called the Shield of Wraith, which amplifies his rage at the cost of hurting himself & others.

As for the synopsis, there is a lot that builds up to the false accusation so the emphasis placed on it is overblown IMO, especially in the LN & manga where the pacing is better and outright states the Princess is evil before the main character is teleported. I think there are much greater political issues that come out the story beyond that and even have me, as a fan, cringing at times; and yes lolicon stuff bugs me too. I won't argue for or against it being a bad plot device, but people trying to use it as a political tool/excuse for bad behavior or that's it telling of entire whole story I will.

Personal opinion stuff that it would be better to PM me over rather than discuss in-thread. I may or may not respond:

SJWs: False accusations are a real thing and suck for both genders. They make it harder for actual victims to come forth and can result in lasting damage for the accused. Focusing on a single selective instance in a niche medium ignores the greater issues facing the MeToo movement by painting things black/white when the justice system is much more gray than that. Accusations should always be taken seriously but we shouldn't let external politics decide a innocent/guilty plea before each side can make their case. Judging something based on the what is ultimately a small part of the story (Episode 1 of 25), written almost a decade ago, is a rush to judgement. There is a web novel, 20 LN volumes & counting, a manga, an ongoing spin-off LN & manga, and now an anime. I'm not saying you'll like it but I hope it can be shown that there is something more to the story itself than initial impressions of a select set of anime fans.

Trolls: Flocking to something out of click-bait spite for someone else is pathetic. 90% of the story features on women kicking *** and setting the men straight (the main character is literally unable to attack others!). Much of the main character's development is based in opening up to others, overcoming psychological problems, and admitting mistakes. If you're looking for a story about getting back at women specifically, you need to get some help. Also no one knows the author's gender, stop saying it's a women as a defense.

Here's some of the rest of the story, at least as far as I've read:
  • Three Heroes Church is a religion founded in the kingdom out of racism towards demi-humans, who see the Shield Hero as their protector. They work with the racist king and brake several treaties set in place by the Queen in summoning the Heroes early and not showing equal favor.
  • The Princess steals from most of the cast, attempts to kill her mother & sister, sells her party members into slavery, etc.
  • The Queen holds the real power in the kingdom. Is away on a diplomatic mission and rescues the heroes from the Church. She offers to take her life if it could make up for the sins of her family members, to which Shield declines. She goes on to torture her Husband with Ice Magic, and places a slave curse on her daughter, preventing her from lying.
  • The King's younger sister was kidnapped/killed when they were young by officials from a demi-human kingdom. After meeting his nephew/niece, demi-humans themselves, he admits his mistakes and fully commits to the name: "Trash." He is the Staff Hero.
  • Fitoria, the Filolial Queen, threatens to kills the heroes herself if they can't get their acts together.
  • Sword Hero is the typical "cool" character who looks down on others, having his party train separately from him except when fighting a high exp enemy. He mocks the captain of the Queen's army and challenges her to a sword dual. As he is about to lose, rather than deal with the embarassment, he cheats using magic. After becoming possessed by Greed/Guiltony, the Army Captain re-duals him, and despite having weaker stats, defeats him. No longer able gain exp or money for using forbidden power, he apologizes and becomes the Captain's student, hoping to focus on improving his direct skills.
  • Bow Hero treats his party as a hierarchy with a girl who is in love with him at the bottom. He treats her like a servant before framing her for a crime she didn't commit. Shield takes it personally, rescuing her from committing suicide, and trains her fight. She eventually defeats the Bow after he becomes possessed by his own Pride, and helps him recover his lost sanity. She becomes the Projectile Hero (think knives/shurikens).
Just glad that there's someone in this thread that actually understands the story can gives us full details on it... But I think I saw some minor spoiler in it lol.
The point of that beginning is to set up the premise of novice adventurers paying greatly for hubris and underestimating the threat that goblins manifest. Then swoops in the lead who saves the lone survivor who knows the ins-and-outs of how they operate. I don't think it ever was trying to be "Game of Thrones" or anything. The beginning horrors was almost entirely their faults...
To some extent yeah it was, and again, even back when it was first broadcast you have some users here just bash the anime simply because how the first episode went. So the first episode was literally a double edge sword for the series.
Re:Zero just recently got a movie-length slice of life OVA in Japanese theaters a few months ago, and another OVA will be releasing (shorter-in length) that adapts a side-chapter that delves into how Emilia met Puck.

I don't see Season 2 happening until 2020 at the very least with the lack of news regarding a second season lately.
Oh yeah, Emilia, she's a character that really needs more spotlight.
The concept of Doomguy in a fantasy world is why I want to watch it; it's just that I read somewhere that it starts off with an underprepared party going into a goblin hideout and getting murdered along with other, more R-rated stuff happening to them. I'm not sure if that kind of material is only in the opening, or if it's a consistent thing throughout the series. (I have a similar concern with Berserk)
Uh-huh, that's exactly why the series got "controversy" at first, because when Goblin Slayer was first aired on Crunchy roll, it was being promoted as a Shonen like fantasy anime, so later you know the drill
Here's a video from Appabend if you want to know the details:
So the first episode despite I personally think those who bash straight at the anime itself are weird (it's 2018,so this tend to happen, even here on Smashboards), it was like a double edge sword that it cause controversy due to Crunchy roll sort of false advertise the anime, but then you have those actually got interested in the anime and later episode turned out to be decent.

As usual though, if you can't take the first episode and consider the onward episodes Meh, feel free to drop it. There are other fantasy animes to watch that are actually somewhat better than Goblin Slayer.

D

Deleted member

classic Smashboards

stick up for one person who talks about knowing exactly what they are talking about

Dont stick up for another who actually knows what they are talking about

Classic
Am I not standing up for Swamp to some degree, I get where he’s coming from and I called out Shish for the exact same thing he did.

I find it funny that other members in the thread can ***** about pretty much anything, but when I start to take issue, suddenly the whole place is too negative.

No one cares... Just like with what happened with my dad.

I'm sorry I ever brought it up. just forget it.

No one is gonna give two ****s about it anyways. They didn't when they battled my dad in court. They didn't when they made him quit even when he was innocent and they didn't 20 years later at his new job and was fired when he was upfront and honest with them from the start. They didn't when my dad lost friends for stuff he never did and no one cared when the guy got away Scott free, even though he did it multiple times.

I'm just leaving.

I'm just bothering everyone.
I mean, if I’m completely honest I can only emphasize so much with these kinds of anecdote because as I said these kind of cases are complicated and personal. And there’s just details and nuance I’ll never be able to know of.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, if I’m completely honest I can only emphasize so much with these kinds of antidote because as I said these kind of cases are complicated and personal. And there’s just details and nuance I’ll never be able to know of.
Are you on mobile? 'Cause I think Autocorrect struck.

You meant "Anecdote", right?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There are many proven cases of women murdering their husbands because of their sheer greed. I don't doubt that there are women cruel enough to make false accusations towards men and ruin their lives or reputation simply out of some kind of spite they feel towards them.

Keep in mind that this doesn't just negatively affect the innocent men who are falsely accused, either. If false accusations ever do get out of hand...actual victims of assault who have suffered real trauma will have to deal with the repercussions, too. They, along with movements like Me Too could potentially be put in a bad light, and it would almost certainly start casting more doubt on cases where assault really did occur.

Don't ask me exactly how prominent this particular issue is today, because that, I couldn't tell you. But don't cast the issue aside, either, because it does exist. False accusations can and have happened, and people do wrongfully suffer serious consequences because of them.

I've got nothing else I feel I can add to this. I've said my piece.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Taking a break from posting on here.

May still be in PMs but I'm unsure at this point. I'll let you all know when I'm back, whenever that is.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Taking a break from posting on here.

May still be in PMs but I'm unsure at this point. I'll let you all know when I'm back, whenever that is.
Aw, I wanted to hear more about your chronicles with MHA. I enjoyed seeing your reactions.

D

Deleted member

Are you on mobile? 'Cause I think Autocorrect struck.

You meant "Anecdote", right?
Yes, I’m on mobile with autocorrect on, thank you, I didn’t catch that.

There are many proven cases of women murdering their husbands because of their sheer greed. I don't doubt that there are women cruel enough to make false accusations towards men and ruin their lives or reputation simply out some kind of spite they feel towards them.

Keep in mind that this doesn't just negatively affect the innocent men who are falsely accused, either. If false accusations ever do get out of hand...actual victims of assault who have suffered real trauma will have to deal with the repercussions , too. They, along with movements like Me Too could potentially be put in a bad light, and it would almost certainly start casting more doubt on cases where assault really did occur.

Don't ask me how exactly prominent this particular issue is today, because that, I couldn't tell you. But don't cast the issue aside, either, because it does exist. False accusations can and have happened, and people do wrongfully suffer serious consequences because of them.

I've got nothing else I feel I can add to this. I've said my piece.
I mostly agree, but I just think it's silly that people always silly that people always bring up #MeToo, which is just a hash tag than a true movement similar to #BLM, not everyone who uses the hash tag is united. Like, there's people that do a complete 180 because of the fear of false **** accusations. Yet for some reason those people are never brought up as part of the problem.

I... Don't even bother delving into this because this isn't really just about the anime anymore, this is just reaching way too high, and even consider as derailing here if we were just simply ing talking about the anime.
We were never simply talking about the anime, that's the thing. It goes beyond that really.

Don't like the message what the anime is trying to deliver? Just don't watch it. Maybe this is once again me being a bit middle man here but more often than not when I watch an anime I never care too much what kind of message it tries to deliver.
Voting with your wallet doesn't work when you don't have a better alternative. I mean yeah, you can choose not to watch something you don't like. But man is that an incredibly lazy way of brushing off criticism.

Stuffs like this needs references if you are mentioning about numbers, and again, in my opinion this topic is just going too wild here.

Just glad that there's someone in this thread that actually understands the story can gives us full details on it... But I think I saw some minor spoiler in it lol.

To some extent yeah it was, and again, even back when it was first broadcast you have some users here just bash the anime simply because how the first episode went. So the first episode was literally a double edge sword for the series.

Uh-huh, that's exactly why the series got "controversy" at first, because when Goblin Slayer was first aired on Crunchy roll, it was being promoted as a Shonen like fantasy anime, so later you know the drill
Here's a video from Appabend if you want to know the details:
So the first episode despite I personally think those who bash straight at the anime itself are weird (it's 2018,so this tend to happen, even here on Smashboards), it was like a double edge sword that it cause controversy due to Crunchy roll sort of false advertise the anime, but then you have those actually got interested in the anime and later episode turned out to be decent.

As usual though, if you can't take the first episode and consider the onward episodes Meh, feel free to drop it. There are other fantasy animes to watch that are actually somewhat better than Goblin Slayer.
As I said before, a lot of the controversial parts of media were on the minor side, but there wouldn't be any room for improvement if there was no criticism.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Eh, Nintendo would find a way.
No doubt they would.

The problem is what exactly is going to be compromised to get it running on the Switch.

Whatever it is, it better not be the goddamn framerate. 60 FPS for DMC is the golden standard and after DmC I've had enough of 30.

Chrono.

Eh, Nintendo would find a way.
It would be done by Capcom and their solution would probably be just to stream it lmao.

I have no faith.
No doubt they would.

The problem is what exactly is going to be compromised to get it running on the Switch.

Whatever it is, it better not be the goddamn framerate. 60 FPS for DMC is the golden standard and after DmC I've had enough of 30.
Action games in 30fps is hell.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hum, I play with a pro controller, and I've been feeling that C-Stick overall isn't very reliable for aerials, specially online, since it seems it doesn't register well for some reason. But for nairs I just let the left stick on neutral and press A. Another thing that helps is pressing the jump and A button at the same time if you want to do a short hop nair, since it does it automatically. It can be hard to manage the air momentum while doing a nair, but it can be done.
I think I'll just practice keeping left stick on neutral while in the air, then pressing A for Nairs. Whenever I tried presing jump and A at the same time, my character always moves up a bit, so it ruins the opportunity to do a Nair into a fastfall.

From what I read of Arc 4 (the arc where the hypothetical Re:Zero Season 2 would start) and some other spoilers from it, Arc 4 is Emilia's arc in terms of character development and backstory-exploration. She becomes a true rival to Rem for best girl with that coming arc.

Arc 4 will also develop other side characters like Beatrice and Ram, which is good considering that Subaru and Rem were the only characters prior to that arc that had character development & exploration to them.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We were never simply talking about the anime, that's the thing. It goes beyond that really.
I understand, so I decided to stay out of it, nothing that I was trying to defend or rebuttal or anything lol.
Voting with your wallet doesn't work when you don't have a better alternative. I mean yeah, you can choose not to watch something you don't like. But man is that an incredibly lazy way of brushing off criticism.
Not sure why you call this brushing off criticisms, when that's the most prime option for you to do if you don't like a certain series. Of course every series, ir shows, or games need critiques but that's a whole other issue and as I already said, I will be staying out on the controversial ones lol.

When it comes to TV shows, even anime there will always be better alternatives. You can criticize the anime or show's topic I'll give you that. But it is best vote with your wallet, we have seen that in video games last year, and it somewhat works. One stretched out examples is that I never like how Nintendo keep releasing Wii U ports, instead of bring vocal about it, all I did was just don't buy them or give a damn about it.

As I said before, a lot of the controversial parts of media were on the minor side, but there wouldn't be any room for improvement if there was no criticism.
Minor but loud to say the least, and while I already said I tend to don't care about those controversial parts. I personally found those kind of criticisms meaningless to some extent. I am more fond of the criticisms on the show's character's, plot, setting, and etc.

So I get it Alucard, but keep mind that those kind of criticisms aren't really my cup of tea.

Arc 4 will also develop other side characters like Beatrice and Ram, which is good considering that Subaru and Rem were the only characters prior to that arc that had character development & exploration to them.
Yeah, Rem just exploded on the Internet and cosplay scene back in the day, while Beatrice and Ram need some more story bring involved, they going into the right direction lol.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Holy **** I'm looking at some DMCV footage and that game is ****ing gorgeous, Capcom please bring a Switch port. I'll even buy the HD collection and 4 again if you bring them on Switch
If better, a DMC X Bayonetta Switch exclusive would be good too. If that is possible though.

D

Deleted member

I understand, so I decided to stay out of it, nothing that I was trying to defend or rebuttal or anything lol.

Not sure why you call this brushing off criticisms, when that's the most prime option for you to do if you don't like a certain series. Of course every series, ir shows, or games need critiques but that's a whole other issue and as I already said, I will be staying out on the controversial ones lol.

When it comes to TV shows, even anime there will always be better alternatives. You can criticize the anime or show's topic I'll give you that. But it is best vote with your wallet, we have seen that in video games last year, and it somewhat works. One stretched out examples is that I never like how Nintendo keep releasing Wii U ports, instead of bring vocal about it, all I did was just don't buy them or give a damn about it.

Minor but loud to say the least, and while I already said I tend to don't care about those controversial parts. I personally found those kind of criticisms meaningless to some extent. I am more fond of the criticisms on the show's character's, plot, setting, and etc.

So I get it Alucard, but keep mind that those kind of criticisms aren't really my cup of tea.

Yeah, Rem just exploded on the Internet and cosplay scene back in the day, while Beatrice and Ram need some more story bring involved, they going into the right direction lol.
I think there is a key miscommunication in this discussion. When I or even Shish for instance criticize the specific controversy of something, we aren’t bashing the overall quality. Even many masterpieces have some controversial short comings.

Voting with your wallet alone doesn’t work. You have to be vocal to some degree. Especially when it comes to controversial matters people go out of their way to defend. Or aside from controversy, just something someone to decide to check out, but figured it wasn’t worth it.

Though in my case I don’t watch that kind of anime anyway. My half of the arguement is more so about art in general.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think there is a key miscommunication in this discussion. When I or even Shish for instance criticize the specific controversy of something, we aren’t bashing the overall quality. Even many masterpieces have some controversial short comings.
There is a major case of subjectivity here.

What some people consider a controversial shortcoming can be considered a non-issue by someone else.

If I had watched Shield Knight's first episode, I would have seen the allegation and thought "Man, what a [B-Word]." and not thought anything of it beyond that. To someone else, that instance is a massive problem that ruins the whole series for them.

Not everyone takes such things so seriously, nor should they have to if they don't want to.

D

Deleted member

There is a major case of subjectivity here.

What some people consider a controversial shortcoming can be considered a non-issue by someone else.

If I had watched Shield Knight's first episode, I would have seen the allegation and thought "Man, what a [B-Word]." and not thought anything of it beyond that. To someone else, that instance is a massive problem that ruins the whole series for them.

Not everyone takes such things so seriously, nor should they have to if they don't want to.
That’s true and part of my point really. A lot of those said master pieces were not controversial at all at the time. And many of the media I’m talking about are controversial among completely different demographics. Not all of it justified either, granted that’s also subjective. But I think it’s worth discussing media portrayals of pretty much anything rather than brushing it off as a nothing burger.

And part of what makes media so good, especially from good to great are indeed portrayals that feel genuine. Take the first Jurassic Park for instance, I think one of the key things that makes it feel more genuine than the Jurassic World movies is that, although it makes a few creative liberties,(Velociraptor is Deinonychus for instance, they were aware of that.) it was pretty accurate for the time. It attempted to make the dinosaurs feel like real dinosaurs. Heck, that’s partly why so many people keep those misconceptions about dinosaurs from that movie

The media we consume affects the way we think of the real world, even if we choose to brush it off as nothing but entertainment to turn our brains off. The media we consume makes us think, especially on political matters.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Edit: Apologies if you think I am going at you, I can somewhat understand what you are trying to say, but I do find some of your statements that I personally disagree, so please understand.
From what I saw Shish talked about the anime in a negative way but then start to talk about the controversial topic which I personally going to stay out, and I even think this kind of topic isn't a good place to be publicly talk about, but that's just me.

Voting with your wallet alone doesn’t work. You have to be vocal to some degree. Especially when it comes to controversial matters people go out of their way to defend. Or aside from controversy, just something someone to decide to check out, but figured it wasn’t worth it.
I can say that as well vice versa, being vocal on the Internet alone doesn't work.Thus I think you also misinformed that part too lol, what I was saying was the most effective way of show your criticism and distaste on something is to vote with your wallet. As for criticisms, I never deny there shouldn't be, but it really depends on what you critique, controversial matters are the ones that I personally never really bother. I can say for sure when it comes to everybody though.

We have seen it in shows and video games, here are some stretched and non-controversial examples,
Like just look at the Wii U, sure voice has been echoing for a long time on how Nintendo was being gimmicky and don't know what were they doing... it was the sales that made Nintendo to realize what they did wrong and made things right with the Nintendo Switch.

Next, fan demand was never the factor that Dragon Ball FighterZ made to Switch... seriously there are still some people out there still thinks that it was because fan demand that the game made it to Switch.

And then Battlefield V... no explaining here.

Movies I can remember was the Ghostbuster reboot, there was a controversy on the casts, and then the movie was just okay but the box office just flopped, and who knows if we are going to get another Ghostbuster movie.

It attempted to make the dinosaurs feel like real dinosaurs. Heck, that’s partly why so many people keep those misconceptions about dinosaurs from that movie
Sorry Alucard but... I won't be confident to say that if you are saying "many people"... if its kids then you do have a point.
But for me, if I want to know what dinosaurs really are, I tend to just go to the local museum or check Wikipedia to understand more about the dinorsaurs, Jurassic Park helps boosting the popularity of the dinosaurs.
The media we consume affects the way we think of the real world, even if we choose to brush it off as nothing but entertainment to turn our brains off. The media we consume makes us think, especially on political matters.
I might get your statement wrong but I personally think it somewhat of a misconception that you consider people don't care about political/ controversial matters = turning our brains off. And think that media affects the way we think... you can't say it "in general", news and talk shows do affect what we think to some degree, but entertainments on the other hand, not really.

What is the true of turning brains off (For me) is those people who willing to spend money on bad movies and shows like the Emoji Movie, on Fallout 76... on Starwars Battlefront II... and lootboxes

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is it weird that I kinda want to have her as my dating choice for the game? lol
As far as I know, a lot of people do consider her.

Most are held back by the whole "Teacher-Student" thing, though.

The Blind Playthrough I watched (NicoB's) had him torn between two girls (who I won't name for spoiler reasons), but he said he would have gone for Kawakami were she not Joker's teacher.
That being said, he might have also gone for Yusuke if he had been an option. XD

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The Blind Playthrough I watched (NicoB's) had him torn between two girls (who I won't name for spoiler reasons), but he said he would have gone for Kawakami were she not Joker's teacher.
That being said, he might have also gone for Yusuke if he had been an option. XD
I've never played Persona 5, but I hold the opinion that Kawakami is Best Girl™, but not Best Girl for Joker.
:p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Well ironically the only females that interest me are both adults so I’m kinda conflicted lol

Chrono.

Hifumi was my initial choice. But I ended up liking Haru way more than anticipated.

Unfortunately pursuing her as a romance in your first play through is a fool's errand.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
View attachment 186547

I just came here to talk about Dragon Ball, man.
I'm glad to hear that the Broly movie made his character a lot better. Looking forward to seeing it, even if it isn't in theaters. It'd be great to see if more of DBS or whatever they want to call it will be made or not. Dragon Ball's been on an upswing lately so I can see it happening.

I find it funny that other members in the thread can ***** about pretty much anything, but when I start to take issue, suddenly the whole place is too negative.

No one cares... Just like with what happened with my dad.

I'm sorry I ever brought it up. just forget it.

No one is gonna give two ****s about it anyways. They didn't when they battled my dad in court. They didn't when they made him quit even when he was innocent and they didn't 20 years later at his new job and was fired when he was upfront and honest with them from the start. They didn't when my dad lost friends for stuff he never did and no one cared when the guy got away Scott free, even though he did it multiple times.

I'm just leaving.

I'm just bothering everyone.
No. I think you had the right be angry, given this affected your family. And it sucks to hear that it happened.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've never played Persona 5, but I hold the opinion that Kawakami is Best Girl™, but not Best Girl for Joker.
:p
Hm, a bit off topic, but suppose Persona 5 does get ported to Switch. Since you and me haven't play Persona 5, suppose you have the chance to play PS3, PS4 and Switch version, which one will be the version you will pick?

Personally, I think all version are good, but if I want to finish Persona 5 quickly, I will pick the Switch version.

D

Deleted member

Edit: Apologies if you think I am going at you, I can somewhat understand what you are trying to say, but I do find some of your statements that I personally disagree, so please understand.

From what I saw Shish talked about the anime in a negative way but then start to talk about the controversial topic which I personally going to stay out, and I even think this kind of topic isn't a good place to be publicly talk about, but that's just me.

I can say that as well vice versa, being vocal on the Internet alone doesn't work.Thus I think you also misinformed that part too lol, what I was saying was the most effective way of show your criticism and distaste on something is to vote with your wallet. As for criticisms, I never deny there shouldn't be, but it really depends on what you critique, controversial matters are the ones that I personally never really bother. I can say for sure when it comes to everybody though.

We have seen it in shows and video games, here are some stretched and non-controversial examples,
Like just look at the Wii U, sure voice has been echoing for a long time on how Nintendo was being gimmicky and don't know what were they doing... it was the sales that made Nintendo to realize what they did wrong and made things right with the Nintendo Switch.

Next, fan demand was never the factor that Dragon Ball FighterZ made to Switch... seriously there are still some people out there still thinks that it was because fan demand that the game made it to Switch.

And then Battlefield V... no explaining here.

Movies I can remember was the Ghostbuster reboot, there was a controversy on the casts, and then the movie was just okay but the box office just flopped, and who knows if we are going to get another Ghostbuster movie.

Sorry Alucard but... I won't be confident to say that if you are saying "many people"... if its kids then you do have a point.
But for me, if I want to know what dinosaurs really are, I tend to just go to the local museum or check Wikipedia to understand more about the dinorsaurs, Jurassic Park helps boosting the popularity of the dinosaurs.

I might get your statement wrong but I personally think it somewhat of a misconception that you consider people don't care about political/ controversial matters = turning our brains off. And think that media affects the way we think... you can't say it "in general", news and talk shows do affect what we think to some degree, but entertainments on the other hand, not really.

What is the true of turning brains off (For me) is those people who willing to spend money on bad movies and shows like the Emoji Movie, on Fallout 76... on Starwars Battlefront II... and lootboxes
You seem to be under the assumption that most people are kids. LMAO. Even adults still hold misconceptions about dinosaurs derived from Jurassic Park.

No offense, but to me you come off mostly as a nerdy anti SJW type.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hifumi was my initial choice. But I ended up liking Haru way more than anticipated.

Unfortunately pursuing her as a romance in your first play through is a fool's errand.
NicoB managed to pursue Haru as his romance on his first playthrough.
I'm glad to hear that the Broly movie made his character a lot better. Looking forward to seeing it, even if it isn't in theaters. It'd be great to see if more of DBS or whatever they want to call it will be made or not. Dragon Ball's been on an upswing lately so I can see it happening.
The best part of the Broly movie is that...
Broly actually lived, allowing him to a) come back and b) get more development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom