• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Prime 4 will probably get more details at E3, we'll probably get more character reveals for Smash (we got two the last time we had a Smash with Palutena and Pac Man both being revealed), and I could see them finally revealing something as big as Animal Crossing Switch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Considering we already have a Smash reveal; what is the thing you expect as the biggest bomb of Nintendo for the E3?
my guess is smash takes biggest focus and the online. I’m betting smash will launch with the switch online because that’s how money works. We will probably see the new virtual console, and fire emblem unless they got delayed. If that’s the case then animal crossing will probably take center stage. I see a trailer and full reveal for prime 4 but it won’t be on the show floor or anything like that. It will most likely launch 2019 imo.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, funny how differently Nintendo treats its two latest IPs

ARMS
- Online Tournament which... okay. Neat, I guess.

Splatoon
- WE'RE GIVING YOU GUYS EVERYTHING YOU WANT AND MORE! NOW GIVE US MONEY!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wouldn't be surprised to get a Poke Direct before E3. Still think we're getting Pokes for the major holiday game, but we'll see.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Considering we already have a Smash reveal; what is the thing you expect as the biggest bomb of Nintendo for the E3?
Hopefully whatever Retro is doing.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also, funny how differently Nintendo treats its two latest IPs

ARMS
- Online Tournament which... okay. Neat, I guess.

Splatoon
- WE'RE GIVING YOU GUYS EVERYTHING YOU WANT AND MORE! NOW GIVE US MONEY!
To be fair Arms didn't catch on fire as much as Splatoon did. It's shocking they're even giving it tournaments still.

That's one of the few reasons I'm still not sure if we'll get an Arms rep in Smash.

Chrono.

Hopefully whatever Retro is doing.
It's apparently "story driven game in a non linear world" or something like that.

It was in one of their employee's Linkedin which got updated recently (this or last week recently).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Inb4 Spring Man Smash trailer gets released during the Testpunch.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I really hope the Splatoon 2 DLC is worth it though.

I mean, it's the same price as both of BotW's DLC packs and honestly, as soon as I was done with each, I just... didn't really care that much. Except maybe for that boss battle. That one thing is just ****ing awesome, but not worth 30+ Canadian dollars.

But this Octo Expansion is a single pack.

To be fair Arms didn't catch on fire as much as Splatoon did. It's shocking they're even giving it tournaments still.
Releasing Splatoon 2 at the same time period is probably what killed it, tbh.

That and trying to copy it's way of giving us content since ARMS was extremely barebones at launch and still doesn't really feel like a full game yet (Sound Test when?)

But it's close. It's damn close to feeling like it's complete.

That's one of the few reasons I'm still not sure if we'll get an Arms rep in Smash.
I don't see it as a reason. If anything, it could work as advertisement.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's apparently "story driven game in a non linear world" or something like that.

It was in one of their employee's Linkedin which got updated recently (this or last week recently).
I think the wording was non-linear storytelling.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just beat Specter of Torment.

Gameplay-wise I almost liked it more than the main game. Was hoping my favorite knight would get a compelling backstory, too, and the campaign did not disappoint in that area, either.

Plague of Shadows is next up for me.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean it's probably gonna help Bayo 3 for sure that Bayonetta was in Smash. So you have a point.
Not to mention Smash is basically the reason why Fire Emblem stopped being Japan-only.

Not the reason why it's so big (that goes to Awakening), but if Smash hadn't caused the franchise to reach overseas in the first place...

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Man, you know it's speculation season when you've already had a debate with someone over a character's potential inclusion.

It's good to be back.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Man, you know it's speculation season when you've already had a debate with someone over a character's potential inclusion.

It's good to be back.
The leaks forum family is coming back together.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Prime 4 will probably get more details at E3, we'll probably get more character reveals for Smash (we got two the last time we had a Smash with Palutena and Pac Man both being revealed), and I could see them finally revealing something as big as Animal Crossing Switch.
*Ehem*

:4mii::4miif:

You know that even though ARMS didn't hit Splatoon level, it was still super successful for a new Nintendo IP, right?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I watched the teaser trailer, and suddenly, I'm back on Smashboards.
Hello, all. It's been a while since I've last posted in here. Here's to hoping 2018 is the year where all of our gaming wishes and dreams come true.
Now, the one thing I really, REALLY want from this next Smash game:

ADVENTURE MODE

I don't care which characters get revealed as long as I get to play as them in a beat-em-up-styled-story-driven-epic journey through bizarre worlds and enemies. A new title means a new chance for the man at the Smash workshop to redeem himself. I BELIEVE IN YOU, MASAHIRO SAKURAI.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I need to get me some wanted newcomers in my avatar, but have no idea where to go for a thing like that around these parts anymore.

*Ehem*

:4mii::4miif:

You know that even though ARMS didn't hit Splatoon level, it was still super successful for a new Nintendo IP, right?
Yes. To both of those things. They'll probably get a fighter just because there's been so few new IPs since last Smash.

Can't believe I forgot the Mii Fighters though.

I mean I kinda hope they get the cut to be fair.

They're not a major ficture on the Switch after all and they seem to be something that's very time consuming to do. So they'd be the easiest loss, even if I did enjoy playing around with them.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sushi Striker theme song is actually really good.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think they're same devs from Elite Beat Agents so makes sense they'd have some catchy tunes.

If that's the case anyway.
I haven't seen iNiS mentioned anywhere when it comes to Sushi Striker. Nintendo's website lists themselves as the developer and Wikipedia doesn't list it as one of iNiS's games.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Inb4 Spring Man Smash trailer gets released during the Testpunch.
if spring man gets in I hope his trailer is like inklings and his winning a fight in arena when he turns and sees the flaming smash ball. Then a shadow steps forward of Ryu as they both go in for the punches and it ends.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
if spring man gets in I hope his trailer is like inklings and his winning a fight in arena when he turns and sees the flaming smash ball. Then a shadow steps forward of Ryu as they both go in for the punches and it ends.
I think that's a good way to announce characters without showing actual gameplay.

I feel they're saving the in-game footage for the E3

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
You will get a Wikipedia link. To share.

I better not get fried for this LOL.
I logged in, saw a message notification, and worried I got an infraction. Fortunately, it was instead a picture of a worm that looks like a penis, which is basically like second Christmas

Chrono.

I haven't seen iNiS mentioned anywhere when it comes to Sushi Striker. Nintendo's website lists themselves as the developer and Wikipedia doesn't list it as one of iNiS's games.
Then I'm an idiot as usual and prolly just imagined it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I logged in, saw a message notification, and worried I got an infraction. Fortunately, it was instead a picture of a worm that looks like a penis, which is basically like second Christmas
TIL you can send ****pics via PM

Check your inboxes guys :yeahboi:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
The good news: I already have plans for a video about the Smash Switch reveal.

The bad news: It's gonna take a while. Damn head colds...

Wouldn't be surprised to get a Poke Direct before E3. Still think we're getting Pokes for the major holiday game, but we'll see.
Yeah, considering TPC always holds major announcements on their own, I think a Pokémon Direct is fairly likely. My theory is still that we'll get some kind of Switch game this year, but it'll be the last of Gen 7, not the start of Gen 8.

I could also see a Fire Emblem Direct being possible, if they want to get it out of the way before E3 so people have more than 3-4 months' heads up on it. Or even a Smash Direct...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Creative Liberties can be taken to account for a Smash moveset...

ie. Cloud does not manually charge Limit in FFVII...

We'll see though...assuming he does get into the game that is...
Nah, Rex is pretty much a guarantee imo.
I also like Sakurai review on Xenoblade Chronicles 2, you see developers don't care about graphics that much, and he praise the game's overall structure. And considers a considerable achievement. Sakurai just review games like pro.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Dude. I never thought about how brilliant Ryu being revealed alongside an Arms rep would be.

Yes. Yes. Do that. Do it now.

Chrono.

At least I'm not the only one who automatically assumes they got an infraction when seeing the inbox notif.

I'm antisocial enough here so I'm surprised when it isn't.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Exactly; I hope that helps people to appreciate the even the smallest things in life. :016:
Your ****pic being one of them?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

This pic makes sense...

Edit: This pic corresponds with this tweet:
https://twitter.com/akfamilyhomeak/status/971935685421645824
Villager trailer: "Dear Villager: You have been cordially invited to the next Smash Bros.! We look forward to seeing you in battle."
Duck Hunt trailer: "Yo sup we're here. Wanna join Smash Bros."
Inking trailer: "YOU ARE WITH US NOW. THERE IS NO ESCAPE. HAIL SAKURAI"

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I really have to wonder if the tone of Smash's teaser was more for the wow factor, or if it maybe is a sign of things to come.

Obviously the game isn't going to be "dark", but it is a really bizzare way to go about things. Maybe all these guys are sick of being used as literal trophies and are starting a rebellion.

Or something silly like that.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I really have to wonder if the tone of Smash's teaser was more for the wow factor, or if it maybe is a sign of things to come.

Obviously the game isn't going to be "dark", but it is a really bizzare way to go about things. Maybe all these guys are sick of being used as literal trophies and are starting a rebellion.

Or something silly like that.
Perhaps the game's new story mode is going to be dark, and I'm fine with that.

And Mythra Mythra , I notice a tweet of a fan color Mythra artwork from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 art book.
I personally haven't check the art book because spoilers, obviously.

And I have to say this again....
I really really want a Xenoblade 2 anime...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A lot of Youtube pokemon "Theorists" seem to think the new pokemon game is going to be a gen 1 remake/ reboot. I don't know if that was debunked but apparently there is a "Credible Chinese Leak".

If that's true, I wonder if some characters and stuff from "Pokemon: I choose You" is a sneak peak into it. After All, Ash's companions are usually the main female in the current gen games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom