• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So what to do while waiting for the new Overwatch update and new Fire Emblem Heroes content....I know. Let's see if Reddit has a possible poll for people doing choices.
*goes to Reddit*
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7s3e1w/poll_who_are_you_voting_for_in_cyl_2/
Hmm, interesting. For that Reddit poll, apparently, Ephraim(1), Hector(2) and Reinhardt(3) are the Top 3 Males while Celica(1), Nino(2) and Eirika(3) are the Top 3 Females respectively. Veronica and Loki are also decently high, probably from people who are voting and hoping that giving them a high spot will make them playable eventually. That being said, they far from indicate what the CYL2 Poll is going to have in the end. But still, it is interesting to see what a decently sized fanbase's preferences are.

Although we haven't gotten to the best part....
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...apanese_community_knows_of_our_cyl2_poll_and/
Apparently, part of the Japanese community found the Reddit poll and some of the posts are quite funny. Some question why Ephraim is popular, some are questioning why Veronica and Loki are high. One questions what Brave Nino would be like. One is surprised as according to them, Faye is more popular in Japan than Celica. *Grab your torches and pitchforks here* One even reeks of irony.
The original characters are high up there.. A loli and a big boob lady, how awful.

When you have a Japanese fanbase concerned for the West fanbase about their poll that has a "little girl" high on the list...Concern from the country that makes "little girl" characters with no problem.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did my vote for the second day.

My ballot so far:
image.jpeg

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Now that I have the time to do this, I suppose I should give my whole thoughts on The World Ends With You.

First off, one of the most notable things that I can probably say about the game is that there really isn't anything else quite like it. I feel the game is able to use both of the DS's screens quite well, with Neku being controlled on the top screen and his partner being controlled on the bottom screen. I especially feel like the game has some of the best use of the DS's touch screen.

One mechanic that I really enjoy about the game is the ability to lower your current level. I feel like having a lower mean a higher drop rate from battles is a great way to make the game challenging and reward the player for getting good at the combat. I also like how chaining battles together increases your drop rate further and rewards the player.

I feel like one of the game's biggest strength is the soundtrack. Honestly, most of the tracks are extremely catchy and have quite easily gotten stuck in my head. My only real problem with the soundtrack is that you typically won't hear the full versions of the tracks in game. Although, that might be different in Solo Remix (and Final Remix), but I can't speak for those because I played the game on the DS and Final Remix isn't out yet.

One thing that I would like to mention is the art style. I personally really feel like the art style gives the game a very stylized feel. The DS Sprites have also aged fairly well imo (although Solo Remix and Final Remix do look better).

And then there's the story. The story is honestly another one of the game's best aspects, although a lot of it is a bit difficult to talk about without getting into spoilers of some sort. While the story is a little tough to fully understand (just like a certain other Square-Enix game I'm a fan of), I feel like I understood what was going on well enough, and I do think it is pretty satisfying when you finally know the full details of certain plot points (if that makes any sense). I still had trouble understanding the ending though, and I still don't quite know who
Hanekoma
is.

And that's another thing I want to talk about: the characters. I found a lot of the characters in this game to be quite memorable, both the heroes and the villains. My favorite of the heroes would have to be Neku, after he fully goes through all of his character arc, and my favorite villain would be Minamoto, as if it wasn't obvious by my avatar. There just aren't many villains that you see shouting random math jokes. Honestly, the worst I can say about any of the characters (well, really just one of them) is that some of them don't get a whole lot of development, although, most of the cast gets a good deal of screen time, and I wouldn't say any of them are out right poorly written.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and it's definitely one of my favorite DS games now. If I were to give it a rating, I'd give it anywhere from a 9.5 to a 9.75.
I'm looking forward to the new stuff the Final Remix is going to add when it comes out, even though it means that I won't be getting the Secret Reports on my next time playing.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Now that I have the time to do this, I suppose I should give my whole thoughts on The World Ends With You.

First off, one of the most notable things that I can probably say about the game is that there really isn't anything else quite like it. I feel the game is able to use both of the DS's screens quite well, with Neku being controlled on the top screen and his partner being controlled on the bottom screen. I especially feel like the game has some of the best use of the DS's touch screen.

One mechanic that I really enjoy about the game is the ability to lower your current level. I feel like having a lower mean a higher drop rate from battles is a great way to make the game challenging and reward the player for getting good at the combat. I also like how chaining battles together increases your drop rate further and rewards the player.

I feel like one of the game's biggest strength is the soundtrack. Honestly, most of the tracks are extremely catchy and have quite easily gotten stuck in my head. My only real problem with the soundtrack is that you typically won't hear the full versions of the tracks in game. Although, that might be different in Solo Remix (and Final Remix), but I can't speak for those because I played the game on the DS and Final Remix isn't out yet.

One thing that I would like to mention is the art style. I personally really feel like the art style gives the game a very stylized feel. The DS Sprites have also aged fairly well imo (although Solo Remix and Final Remix do look better).

And then there's the story. The story is honestly another one of the game's best aspects, although a lot of it is a bit difficult to talk about without getting into spoilers of some sort. While the story is a little tough to fully understand (just like a certain other Square-Enix game I'm a fan of), I feel like I understood what was going on well enough, and I do think it is pretty satisfying when you finally know the full details of certain plot points (if that makes any sense). I still had trouble understanding the ending though, and I still don't quite know who
Hanekoma
is.

And that's another thing I want to talk about: the characters. I found a lot of the characters in this game to be quite memorable, both the heroes and the villains. My favorite of the heroes would have to be Neku, after he fully goes through all of his character arc, and my favorite villain would be Minamoto, as if it wasn't obvious by my avatar. There just aren't many villains that you see shouting random math jokes. Honestly, the worst I can say about any of the characters (well, really just one of them) is that some of them don't get a whole lot of development, although, most of the cast gets a good deal of screen time, and I wouldn't say any of them are out right poorly written.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and it's definitely one of my favorite DS games now. If I were to give it a rating, I'd give it anywhere from a 9.5 to a 9.75.
I'm looking forward to the new stuff the Final Remix is going to add when it comes out, even though it means that I won't be getting the Secret Reports on my next time playing.
Did you get all of the Secret Reports? They do explain who Hanekoma is. To make it somewhat less spoiler alert if you haven't gotten them, the first 7 reports from the Shiki part of TWEWY do show who he is and the Secret reports from the Joshua part explain why he appears the way he appears in the Secret Ending.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Did you get all of the Secret Reports? They do explain who Hanekoma is. To make it somewhat less spoiler alert if you haven't gotten them, the first 7 reports from the Shiki part of TWEWY do show who he is and the Secret reports from the Joshua part explain why he appears the way he appears in the Secret Ending.
I have not done that yet. I want to try and do that the next time that I play the game, but since Final Remix comes out later this year, I think I might wait to get them.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So what to do while waiting for the new Overwatch update and new Fire Emblem Heroes content....I know. Let's see if Reddit has a possible poll for people doing choices.
*goes to Reddit*
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7s3e1w/poll_who_are_you_voting_for_in_cyl_2/
Hmm, interesting. For that Reddit poll, apparently, Ephraim(1), Hector(2) and Reinhardt(3) are the Top 3 Males while Celica(1), Nino(2) and Eirika(3) are the Top 3 Females respectively. Veronica and Loki are also decently high, probably from people who are voting and hoping that giving them a high spot will make them playable eventually. That being said, they far from indicate what the CYL2 Poll is going to have in the end. But still, it is interesting to see what a decently sized fanbase's preferences are.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...apanese_community_knows_of_our_cyl2_poll_and/
Apparently, part of the Japanese community found the Reddit poll and some of the posts are quite funny. Some question why Ephraim is popular, some are questioning why Veronica and Loki are high. One questions what Brave Nino would be like. One is surprised as according to them, Faye is more popular in Japan than Celica. *Grab your torches and pitchforks here* One even reeks of irony.

When you have a Japanese fanbase concerned for the West fanbase about their poll that has a "little girl" high on the list...Concern from the country that makes "little girl" characters with no problem.
Yeah, for as well known as the subreddit is, it's just one part of a larger community and any results from it will have a limited sample size. Same as all the Smash Ballot polls that were done. I do think we can extrapolate a little, though--I could see Ephraim having a shot at knocking Chrom off the #2 spot, for example, or Reinhardt will likely finish top 30 on the male side through his reputation alone.

What's up with that one Japanese guy and Faye, though? Isn't she written worse in the Japanese version? Doesn't it seem more like he's speaking from his own limited scope rather than the collective Japanese fanbase?

Meanwhile, my first two votes have been:

I know full well that Nephenee won't crack the Top 10 if they split votes between appearances again (though she probably will crack it if they combine them; she would've been 9th on the women's side last time), but we know they look at CYL for a lot of stuff, and if they start adding alternate costumes then Neph's Halberdier outfit is a must have.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I also did my second vote of the ballot, and here it is

If anyone really thought I wouldn't be voting for Reinhardt... You were sorely mistaken. The only reason I have to play Thracia right now is this mad man. Magic is everything after all.

I don't think this vote is a waste honestly. I see Reinhardt breaking into the top 10 for males. The power of memes is too great.

*goes to Reddit*

I'm fine with the male choices to be honest, those 3 are characters I like a lot.

However, someone must explain me why Celica is so popular. I like her design, and she was a great unit in SoV... But I can't stand her role in the game, she's so stupid... Alm is such a better character overall, at least for me, yet no one seems to care about him. And the guy who implied Faye > Celica... Faye is pretty much my most hated character in the franchise, so... No. Not a chance. Don't even think about it.

I'm fine with Nino and Eirika, but the girl top is so wrong. Camilla and Tharja are going to be the top voted females for sure. Please prove me wrong everyone.

Don't really know who to vote for tomorrow... Maybe Takumi, I want him to be top tier again.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Made my Day 2 pick for Fire Emblem Heroes:

Giving it to my second favorite Fates/Fire Emblem character: the Hoshidan fashionista and killer tank Oboro!

Beginning tomorrow, I'm jumping to a different series: Echoes. I'll pick my favorites from that game those next two-three days.

Ivander

Smash Legend
What's up with that one Japanese guy and Faye, though? Isn't she written worse in the Japanese version? Doesn't it seem more like he's speaking from his own limited scope rather than the collective Japanese fanbase?
Well, for one, I did say according. Which usually means just as much to not to take something at face value. And for two, Japan is alot more nice to Yanderes compared to the West.

That aside, I think besides changing a bit of her support with Silque, the only other thing the US version did was call her out on her obsessiveness and make some fun of it. Otherwise, IIRC, the way she was written worst in the JP version is that no one in the game really seemed to notice or care about her obsessiveness.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I also did my second vote of the ballot, and here it is

If anyone really thought I wouldn't be voting for Reinhardt... You were sorely mistaken. The only reason I have to play Thracia right now is this mad man. Magic is everything after all.

I don't think this vote is a waste honestly. I see Reinhardt breaking into the top 10 for males. The power of memes is too great.

I'm fine with the male choices to be honest, those 3 are characters I like a lot.

However, someone must explain me why Celica is so popular. I like her design, and she was a great unit in SoV... But I can't stand her role in the game, she's so stupid... Alm is such a better character overall, at least for me, yet no one seems to care about him. And the guy who implied Faye > Celica... Faye is pretty much my most hated character in the franchise, so... No. Not a chance. Don't even think about it.

I'm fine with Nino and Eirika, but the girl top is so wrong. Camilla and Tharja are going to be the top voted females for sure. Please prove me wrong everyone.

Don't really know who to vote for tomorrow... Maybe Takumi, I want him to be top tier again.
Celica fan checking in. She's my vote for tomorrow. Okay, so first and foremost, this'll be going into late-game SoV spoilers but I'm not gonna butcher it with spoiler tags, so be warned, folks.

Celica, given the information she had available to her, absolutely made the sensible choice. A lot of people say she was dumb for "trusting Jedah," when in all actuality she never did. Her decision wasn't birthed from naivety, but rather hopelessness. A lot of it involves looking at the situation from Celica's point of view.

Celica, most importantly, is a priestess of Mila. As such, it's expected that she'd know the ins and outs of the faith. Mila herself is a divine dragon. According to the established lore of the greater Archanea/Valentia universe, the dragonkin are prone to degeneration: eventually, they'll deteriorate to the point of losing their sanity and going on a rampage. This isn't something that's a hidden fact in-universe. Malledus and Marth bring it up at some points in Shadow Dragon, for example, so someone like Celica, who worships Mila, would undoubtedly know this.

Likewise, though, Jedah would also know this, as he is the high priest of the Duma Faithful. He's the one who mentions that Duma is going mad to Celica in the first place. Jedah would gain nothing from lying about Duma's madness in this case, as it's a scenario that would likely get him killed, as well. It's an incredibly severe issue. As well, Halcyon and (prior to her conversion) Silque both show that those of the Duma Faithful aren't necessarily evil.

But more importantly, the only reason Celica goes to Rigel in the first place is to save Mila, who wasn't in her temple. Mila's Bounty is the only thing giving life to Zofia, and without it, the land is infertile. Famine and drought will continue to plague her country until it is no more. So Celica follows Jedah to Duma Tower because listening to him is literally the only chance she has at saving Zofia. She knows Zofia can't sustain life otherwise.

So then, ultimately, comes the big reveal that Mila sealed Falchion away within her skull. Again, if anyone, Celica would know full well the implications of this. The Falchion, forged from one of Naga's fangs, was the dragonkin's last line of defense. If they were to go mad, the Falchion could kill them before they kill everything else.

...And Mila sealed it away with her in her death, leaving Valentia without a fail safe against Duma's own degeneration which is already taking place. From Celica's viewpoint, Mila has essentially forsaken her people. She left them to die. The reactions from Clive, Clair. Lukas, Gray, and Tobin later on reaffirm Celica's fear. In universe it's a well-known fact.

So that's why Celica offers herself to Duma...she had no other choice. Her other options were taken away, so she was left with only the choice of sacrificing herself. That way, at least there was a CHANCE Jedah was right, and that there was a possibility her death would save her people.

The other thing to point out is that Celica has no reason to believe Alm is able to unbind the Falchion. As players, we of course know that. But at this point Celica doesn't even know Alm is a member of the Rigelian royal family, so there's no reason for her to think this was possible.

Naivety isn't Celica's character flaw. If anything, her fatal flaw is her martyr complex, her willingness to give her own life for the greater good. And even then, she's an incredibly caring person, and fulfills her duties to her people despite being in hiding. She doesn't seek praise, but righteousness. She's pacifistic, but powerful in her own right. And when the time came for her to accept the crown and truly become Zofia's Princess, she did so, and in doing so made the hardest choice she could have made: the choice to give her life for the slim chance of giving her people the life they deserved.

So yeah. That's my input, anyway.

Chrono.

Hah so there's at least one more Dramatic Finish people hadn't found yet.

It's the very first one in this video.

Yamcha fans rejoice, all 10 of us.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Celica fan checking in. She's my vote for tomorrow. Okay, so first and foremost, this'll be going into late-game SoV spoilers but I'm not gonna butcher it with spoiler tags, so be warned, folks.

Celica, given the information she had available to her, absolutely made the sensible choice. A lot of people say she was dumb for "trusting Jedah," when in all actuality she never did. Her decision wasn't birthed from naivety, but rather hopelessness. A lot of it involves looking at the situation from Celica's point of view.

Celica, most importantly, is a priestess of Mila. As such, it's expected that she'd know the ins and outs of the faith. Mila herself is a divine dragon. According to the established lore of the greater Archanea/Valentia universe, the dragonkin are prone to degeneration: eventually, they'll deteriorate to the point of losing their sanity and going on a rampage. This isn't something that's a hidden fact in-universe. Malledus and Marth bring it up at some points in Shadow Dragon, for example, so someone like Celica, who worships Mila, would undoubtedly know this.

Likewise, though, Jedah would also know this, as he is the high priest of the Duma Faithful. He's the one who mentions that Duma is going mad to Celica in the first place. Jedah would gain nothing from lying about Duma's madness in this case, as it's a scenario that would likely get him killed, as well. It's an incredibly severe issue. As well, Halcyon and (prior to her conversion) Silque both show that those of the Duma Faithful aren't necessarily evil.

But more importantly, the only reason Celica goes to Rigel in the first place is to save Mila, who wasn't in her temple. Mila's Bounty is the only thing giving life to Zofia, and without it, the land is infertile. Famine and drought will continue to plague her country until it is no more. So Celica follows Jedah to Duma Tower because listening to him is literally the only chance she has at saving Zofia. She knows Zofia can't sustain life otherwise.

So then, ultimately, comes the big reveal that Mila sealed Falchion away within her skull. Again, if anyone, Celica would know full well the implications of this. The Falchion, forged from one of Naga's fangs, was the dragonkin's last line of defense. If they were to go mad, the Falchion could kill them before they kill everything else.

...And Mila sealed it away with her in her death, leaving Valentia without a fail safe against Duma's own degeneration which is already taking place. From Celica's viewpoint, Mila has essentially forsaken her people. She left them to die. The reactions from Clive, Clair. Lukas, Gray, and Tobin later on reaffirm Celica's fear. In universe it's a well-known fact.

So that's why Celica offers herself to Duma...she had no other choice. Her other options were taken away, so she was left with only the choice of sacrificing herself. That way, at least there was a CHANCE Jedah was right, and that there was a possibility her death would save her people.

The other thing to point out is that Celica has no reason to believe Alm is able to unbind the Falchion. As players, we of course know that. But at this point Celica doesn't even know Alm is a member of the Rigelian royal family, so there's no reason for her to think this was possible.

Naivety isn't Celica's character flaw. If anything, her fatal flaw is her martyr complex, her willingness to give her own life for the greater good. And even then, she's an incredibly caring person, and fulfills her duties to her people despite being in hiding. She doesn't seek praise, but righteousness. She's pacifistic, but powerful in her own right. And when the time came for her to accept the crown and truly become Zofia's Princess, she did so, and in doing so made the hardest choice she could have made: the choice to give her life for the slim chance of giving her people the life they deserved.

This is a good write up, and makes one thing clear.

Mycen could have saved the entire world if he told them about Alm's heritage and I'm sure Mycen had a pretty good idea Alm could wield the weapon meant to save the world since he knew about the brand.

So damn it Mycen

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is a good write up, and makes one thing clear.

Mycen could have saved the entire world if he told them about Alm's heritage and I'm sure Mycen had a pretty good idea Alm could wield the weapon meant to save the world since he knew about the brand.

So damn it Mycen
The reason he didn't was because he didn't want word making its way to the Duma Faithful that Alm was branded. It'd paint a massive target on him for assassination attempts if they knew he was the one destined to kill their god.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hah so there's at least one more Dramatic Finish people hadn't found yet.

It's the very first one in this video.

Yamcha fans rejoice, all 10 of us.
Brilliant.

I feel like celebrating Yamcha's win there by going for some yum cha.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675

I do see where you are coming from, but I do think she goes over board with the peaceful and caring attitude. I really like some of her supports in Warriors, because everyone call her on that aspect. Marth knows that wars are bad, yet he's the first one to be on the battlefield, because sometimes you can't just solve everything by just talking. Xander does almost the same, being the war machine he is, he contrasted really well with Celica. And with Lyn, Celica looked like she didn't have reasons to fight for, to live, until Lyn makes her remember good old Alm. It's just too much for me.

However, you didn't touch the worst part of Celica, and it's that infamous scene with Alm at the end of chapter 2. I know the script was from a game from the NES era, but it was so bad... She was eager to see Alm, and the first thing you do is call on him and refuse to talk any further, leaving him all alone? It was after that point that I started to dislike Celica.

Also, I do find hilarious that some of her quotes were like "You're life is precious, don't waste it please" (I don't know if this was in SoV or Warriors), yet she's the first one willing to sacrifice herself. Does she not respect her own live?

Either way, I'm fine with you liking Celica, but it won't change my feelings about her. I thought people just liked her because she was a pretty face, glad there is some thought behind that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do see where you are coming from, but I do think she goes over board with the peaceful and caring attitude. I really like some of her supports in Warriors, because everyone call her on that aspect. Marth knows that wars are bad, yet he's the first one to be on the battlefield, because sometimes you can't just solve everything by just talking. Xander does almost the same, being the war machine he is, he contrasted really well with Celica. And with Lyn, Celica looked like she didn't have reasons to fight for, to live, until Lyn makes her remember good old Alm. It's just too much for me.

However, you didn't touch the worst part of Celica, and it's that infamous scene with Alm at the end of chapter 2. I know the script was from a game from the NES era, but it was so bad... She was eager to see Alm, and the first thing you do is call on him and refuse to talk any further, leaving him all alone? It was after that point that I started to dislike Celica.

Also, I do find hilarious that some of her quotes were like "You're life is precious, don't waste it please" (I don't know if this was in SoV or Warriors), yet she's the first one willing to sacrifice herself. Does she not respect her own live?

Either way, I'm fine with you liking Celica, but it won't change my feelings about her. I thought people just liked her because she was a pretty face, glad there is some thought behind that.
I think the Act 2 thing in general gets a bit overblown oftentimes because the game paints both of them as being in the wrong. Celica actually has, in my opinion, quite a few reasons to be upset at Alm.

A lot of people call her hypocritical for calling out Alm for waging war when she fought her way through a veritable gauntlet of pirate ships, but the thing to remember there is the scale of it all. Celica was fighting off a rowdy and disorganized (and likely drunken, to boot) pirate gang using a litany of magic spells at her and her friends' collective disposals, while Alm planned to wage war on the entirety of the Rigelian Empire, known for its incredible size and even more incredible strength. And given the vision Mila sent her at the start of Act 2, she has more than ample reason to fear for Alm's life.

But the other thing I don't see mentioned nearly as often is the fact that Alm basically, if indirectly, called Celica careless about her duties as a member of the royal family, and giving off incredibly insulting remarks to boot ("If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was talking to a blueblood," or something to that effect). Meanwhile she's been doing so much behind the scenes to help Zofia and Alm's there calling Zofia's royalty useless.

Yes, she was wrong too (namely with her implying Alm had a conqueror-level bloodlust), but the game paints it as a two way thing, and both reflect on it and learn from it, growing in the process.

But to answer your question toward the end, that's the thing: her selflessness is both her greatest asset and greatest flaw. She recognizes the value in the lives of others, but is willing to sacrifice herself for what she perceives to be the greater good. She sees the lives of her people as a necessity, but her own as a luxury, because to her, that's her duty as royalty.

But yeah, there's definitely more than just being a pretty face, haha.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The reason he didn't was because he didn't want word making its way to the Duma Faithful that Alm was branded. It'd paint a massive target on him for assassination attempts if they knew he was the one destined to kill their god.
Even so he disappears because he knows Alm's going to get involved in the war He likely knew they were coming to recruit him(mycen) so he left knowing they'd take Alm.

Which risks his life just as much as if he told them so I don't think that justifies it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
People who risk their lives aren't respected for simply putting their lives on the line. They are respected because they are willing to risk losing their lives to let others live theirs. People want to live a full life. No one wants to die young or get killed by another person, disease and whatnot. And no doubt the same goes for people like soldiers or police. Yet they are still willing to put their own lives on the line if it means that somebody, whether it be somebody important or even regular people, can live their life to the end.

Of course Celica likely wants to live, yet if she chose her life, it would mean so many other people would die or suffer. And to her, it's not what she wants. It's why people can respect those who risk their lives for them. These people don't want to lose their lives, yet they are willing to if it means other people or the ones important to them can get to live theirs. You may find it rather hypocritical, but for others, it's generosity at it's peak.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Chapter 8 progress:

Spoilerless:
-Dagas you're a **** but Imma do your sidequest to improve ya
-How do I open the door at Argentum's roof?

-Azure II: Spoilerfire:
-Stuck in a whole different planeeeeet
-Live footage of me walking around Morytha because I got Mythra back.
-J I N B O Y Z
-Nah Rex, Mythra looks better with her hair down.

-No, I'll not torture you with bad poetry this time.

-The Decision
DSfTwxEUMAEKxQH.jpg

[Contemplative Jazz Music]
Gotta be honest, I felt like a **** for not choosing Pyra; ya know, she gave part of her core to revive Scuba Gundam and she is kind af.

-**** your lazer Guldo
-Now I have to find a way to escape this pla- oh I can skip travel... guess that means I can...
2018012018283800-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg

YEAH!

*cue me doing a full Alrest tour with Jin, including Salvaging, Treasure Collecting, ****ing **** up at Temperantia and buying Sweets for Mythra*

-"As an apology to Mythra you gonna buy 10 Champ's Churros, Jin"
-"Stupid kid, what kind of truce is this?"
-"BUY THE ****ING CHURROS"

-****in Jin can do Break and then Topple/Launch/Smash by himself with only two arts.
-Jin Smashing a Guldo while Mythra connected a Supernova was obscene af.
-Brighid calling Jin a scumbag is a highlight of the entire game.
-The Poppi/Mythra scene was very touching... but I feel is foreshadowing... something.

-The Land Of Morytha is easily one of my favorite areas of all Xenoblades, not only because I dig ruins but also because the atmosphere here is amazing, the tornado thingy, Torna's Corpse, the mutated original humans, the music. It was shocking and amazing to see such a realistic world; the havres hubris of humanity below the fantasy filled Alrest.

-The Jin consuming Lora's heart flashback was intense bruh

-Infernal Guldo time
-Sucks they don't give you the chance to re-engage Brighid to Mòrag before the battle.
-The game is encouraging me to activate Mythra Verde, K.
*I start a Chain Attack when the Guldo is at half HP and I Full Burst in Overkill*
Hory ****

-Amalthus confirmed ****

-Tornaboyes reached Morytha and took Jin, and I got my party back. Time to do a full month of sidequests fam.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Chapter 8 progress:

Spoilerless:
-Dagas you're a **** but Imma do your sidequest to improve ya
-How do I open the door at Argentum's roof?

-Azure II: Spoilerfire:
-Stuck in a whole different planeeeeet
-Live footage of me walking around Morytha because I got Mythra back.
-J I N B O Y Z
-Nah Rex, Mythra looks better with her hair down.

-No, I'll not torture you with bad poetry this time.

-The Decision
View attachment 135350
[Contemplative Jazz Music]
Gotta be honest, I felt like a **** for not choosing Pyra; ya know, she gave part of her core to revive Scuba Gundam and she is kind af.

-**** your lazer Guldo
-Now I have to find a way to escape this pla- oh I can skip travel... guess that means I can...
View attachment 135354
YEAH!

*cue me doing a full Alrest tour with Jin, including Salvaging, Treasure Collecting, ****ing **** up at Temperantia and buying Sweets for Mythra*

-****in Jin can do Break and then Topple/Launch/Smash by himself with only two arts.
-Jin Smashing a Guldo while Mythra connected a Supernova was obscene af.
-Brighid calling Jin a scumbag is a highlight of the entire game.
-The Poppi/Mythra scene was very touching... but I feel is foreshadowing... something.

-The Land Of Morytha is easily one of my favorite areas of all Xenoblades, not only because I dig ruins but also because the atmosphere here is amazing, the tornado thingy, Torna's Corpse, the mutated original humans, the music. It was shocking and amazing to see such a realistic world; the havres hubris of humanity below the fantasy filled Alrest.

-The Jin consuming Lora's heart flashback was intense bruh

-Infernal Guldo time
-Sucks they don't give you the chance to re-engage Brighid to Mòrag before the battle.
-The game is encouraging me to activate Mythra Verde, K.
*I start a Chain Attack when the Guldo is at half HP and I Full Burst in Overkill*
Hory ****

-Amalthus confirmed ****

-Tornaboyes reached Morytha and took Jin, and I got my party back. Time to do a full month of sidequests fam.
You get the key to the door at Argentum's top by completing The Nopon Murals merc quest.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

While I do understand your points, I feel they bring up two major flaws in her route's writing, and I feel that is where a lot of her criticisms come from.

With the first, you're right that the information surrounding the gods' degeneration should be common knowledge to Celica and Jedah is being truthful, it's a key feature in Archanean lore and would be something that would inflict both Mila and Duma (and do, mostly in the latter's case). The problem with this point is it's never established in the game proper until after Celica makes the choice. It's a pretty clear case of 'Show, don't tell' as we as players of the previous games know this happens to dragons and would expect it, but we aren't given any reason to believe Celica does. Her dialogue doesn't imply it as she seems surprised when Jedah mentions it (ex. 'you mean the gods are... dying!?', which is taken straight from the conversation), she never delves deeper into that information before or afterwards despite running into characters who should be familiar with it such as Halcyon, and no other clear evidence is given to her to show that they are losing their minds. So as far as Celica is concerned, she's basically taking his words at face value with little else to support it, and if a player is unfamiliar with Archanean lore they could be left scratching their heads about this since they won't know it's true until Celica is in the tower. The fact that he looks the way he does and the game does little to play down his evil attributes at the moment of the bargain also doesn't help as the player is probably thinking to themselves 'yeah, this guy is duping you', which makes the situation less believable.

The second problem, which is related to that point, is that the story is structured in a way that almost immediately makes Jedah look untrustworthy. The next battle has you up against one of his minions who throws Necrodragons at you, the Sage's Hamlet, while it does have former Duma Faithful, has a number of NPCs also blatantly saying "Jedah is an evil and cruel man, he kicked out Halcyon and turned the Duma Faithful into a corrupted church', and then the pre-tower battle has you encounter him where he blatantly says he'll kill Celica's companions and even has Celica says he's a madman. All three of those scenarios make Jedah look terrible since nothing about them makes him look like a reasonable man that Celica should even give an ear to, and despite the bargain actually being a reasonable proposition for the character, it just makes both characters look bad.

In essence, if they wanted to make the bargain work they should've reworked Jedah's character from the original completely for this act. When he appears to Celica, he should look normal like a priest since even if it's a façade at least then the player can more easily accept her going along with his word. They should've either took out the Duma Faifhful battles or reworked them so that Jedah doesn't look guilty by proxy, and similarly they should've done the same with the NPC dialogue surrounding his role in the dark turn the Duma Faithful took. Finally, they should've cut the first Jedah battle out completely, it serves no purpose as Celica was planning on going up the tower anyway and having the battle just makes both look worse. All three of those would've made the bargain look better on Jedah's end since then he'd be portraying himself as a legitimate priest with concerns for the gods rather then an inconsistently evil madman, and similarly Celica would look better since Jedah is actually selling her a product that looks believable and her decision would have clearer positives shown for the player.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Oh how gloriously cathartic it is to see Yamcha give Nappa a taste of his Saibamen-medicine. I think I know what the first thing I'll be doing when I get my copy of Dragon Ball FighterZ on day one.

And here's my picks for the Choose Your Legends 2 - Tomorrow I'll be sending a vote towards Lilina.
Day 2.png

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait, did we start a new thread?

Oh boy, how long have I been gone?

Who's getting DBFZ?
I'd like to get it but it wouldn't be for some time.

Not that into DBZ but the games are generally fun and DBFZ looks great. I'm just not willing to pay full price for it since I don't think I'll get my money's worth based on how my PS4 gets used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom