• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So if 1 year and a 1/4 brought us 7 characters, 7 stages and 36 sets of Mii costumes, than with 2+ years...

Also, let's be honest, the world would frickin' break if Crash Bandicoot, a character that is practically a Playstation All-Star, got into Smash Bros before a Playstation All-Stars game. I mean, while Crash Bandicoot belongs to Activision, we almost always associate Crash with Playstation and Sony, so Crash getting in would be the closest you could ever get a Nintendo vs Playstation match.
Well if the DLC is any indication... Limits are meant to be broken.:4cloud: :4bayonetta:

I'm mostly joking, but at this point Cloud and Bayonetta have opened such massive cans of worms that I don't even know what our limit could be anymore.

I feel those two are going to be brought up a LOT in character support debates...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
all i ask is balance.
i know smash and balance mix like oil and water, but i want a duck hunt dog with smashes that work.
and a bayo that won't murder my insides
i want it more than even characters

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So if 1 year and a 1/4 brought us 7 characters, 7 stages and 36 sets of Mii costumes, than with 2+ years...

Also, let's be honest, the world would frickin' break if Crash Bandicoot, a character that is practically a Playstation All-Star, got into Smash Bros before a Playstation All-Stars game. I mean, while Crash Bandicoot belongs to Activision, we almost always associate Crash with Playstation and Sony, so Crash getting in would be the closest you could ever get a Nintendo vs Playstation match.
Here's hoping
You guys think Sakurai will do picture of the day or anything similar to it to hype this one up?
I mean he has to do something to hype up the game and do reveals.

If this is a fully fledged Smash game then there should be like a reveal every month from now til' release.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Before anyone sees this and gets too hyped this is super disingenuous.

DLC and making a full retail game are entirely different beasts.
:061:
Then what would you say is a realistic amount? 7? 10?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
WHERE DA LEAK GROUP AT?

I WANT TO REDO THAT OLD 2015 IMAGE AGAIN

D

Deleted member

all i ask is balance.
i know smash and balance mix like oil and water, but i want a duck hunt dog with smashes that work.
and a bayo that won't murder my insides
Speaking of balances, I am going to say what changes ( mostly buffs ) that should be done.

Nerf:
:4cloud:: I like Cloud, but just nerf him only a little bit.

Buff:
:4jigglypuff:: You know why.
:4charizard:: Slightly more mobile.
:4dedede:: Make his moves a little faster and BUFF GORDO
:4bowserjr:: Buff his ground game and his recovery
:4kirby:: Buff his range
:4wiifitm:: Buff his/her range
:4zelda:: They given her multiple buffs, but she deserves more. Being a low or bottom tier for all of her time is quite sad.
:4pacman:: HIS GRAB
:4mii:: Just.... buff almost all of their moves in general. Swordfighter, Brawler and Gunner all deserve buffs.
:4falco:: Make his down air better and give him his old back air or make his back air have more range. Make lasers better as well.
Any more I missed?
Also... anyone want Ivysaur and Squirtle in Smash for Switch? :ivysaur::squirtle:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright yeah, it looks like its happening... Hoo...

I just watched the trailer. First things first- that animation is pretty fresh. I'm sure it'll look nothing close to in-game graphics but still. Inklings never looked better.

Also its obvious who the two shadows are. Mario (Odyssey) and Link (BotW).

Honestly, I'm not too hyped, as Inklings were expected at this point, but I'm pretty shocked on that release year. I'm expecting them to delay it. That or this game's a port, which I'm doubting.

Eitherwhats- you got your new Smash game. Now its time to see how the crowd handles it this time.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Team him up with Cloud, have him face Mario and Link in a team match, and you pretty much have the classic Nintendo vs. Sony set-up. The only thing missing would be Spyro and maybe Lara Croft.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That was DLC. Post-game content. Aside from maybe Tourney mode, they didn't need to really work on any additional modes after launch.

Not to mention 3 of those characters were returning veterans and 4 of these stages were from past games.

WHERE DA LEAK GROUP AT?

OH GOD, THE NOSTALGIA!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've also been starring a little too hard at Mario in the trailer to see if you can potentially make out Cappy's eyes on his hat. That'd be crazy if they re-worked Mario a bit to include Cappy.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also I guess we're going to see the return of the animated newcomer trailers like the ones during the main Smash 4 period (pre-DLC).

I wonder if this game is going to have DLC at all and if it'll be anything like Smash 4's DLC.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wont say what is or isnt realistic because we have no information on the game

I just dont want people using bad comparisons :p
:061:
Well then what is realistic can vary from different extreme ends I guess.

Either way most people are going to end up disappointed with the final reveal.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok, I'm back home finally...

Smash Switch confirmed! Hell yes...I have reason to believe that it maayy be a new game, but at the same time, everything seems tentative so it's too early to say for sure...

But what I can say for sure
#MIDNA4SMASH
#DARKSAMUS4SMASH
#RIDLEY4SMASH
#CRASH4SMASH

Oddly enough out of these four, Crash may have the best chances to actually get into Smash, which is frikkin weird to think about...

Also speaking of...N Sane Trilogy 4 Switch bois!!! 2nd best reveal in this direct for me, easy!

Okami HD was also hype!

D

Deleted member

I just want to say, rest in peace Smash 4.
I had so much fun destroying people in For Glory and collecting all of the trophies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
>Daily pics of Luigi's nose
Oh god, I don't think my body is ready for that again.

The memories are flooding in.
Team him up with Cloud, have him face Mario and Link in a team match, and you pretty much have the classic Nintendo vs. Sony set-up. The only thing missing would be Spyro and maybe Lara Croft.
You have Mario vs Crash for Platformers and Link vs Cloud for the classic Sword fighter. Lara would be a good choice against Samus, but compared to Bayonetta, who has more fantasy-looking guns...Who knows. If Sakurai added Heihachi like he wanted to at one point, you could have Ryu vs Heihachi for Fighters(and it'd be better than SFxT), considering Street Fighter got it's jump start on Nintendo while Tekken started on Playstation.
Hello! It has been a long while. :)

(That Smash Switch announcement got me super charged with hype again, enough energy to return to this forum again)
Hey! Long time no see! I was wondering when you were going to pop up ever since the announcement.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Well, looks like Twitter knows what's up. Not everyone forgot about Kirby once Smash was announced

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
WHERE DA LEAK GROUP AT?

LET US RE-UNITE BOYS! YOU GOT THE LEADER OF THE GROUP HERE! WHERE EVERYONE ELSE?!

Are you gonna bring back the Leaks Group? :p
I am good. A successor can take over instead, I got personal matters to deal with to be moderating stuff right now.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Now...one of the best parts of these megaton announcements....

Watching reaction videos and seeing people lose their **** :p

Ivander

Smash Legend

Well, looks like Twitter knows what's up. Not everyone forgot about Kirby once Smash was announced
Of course. The Free Update for Kirby Star Allies was easily one of the best highlights and a real trip back to childhood. I certainly hope it isn't the last update, since I still want T.A.C. to come back. And Marx being playable for the first time is just as awesome as Rick, Kine, Coo and Gooey coming back.
Back to normal.

I said I'd change my avatar to Dora if Smash was announced. I never said how long I would do it. :troll:
You have to do it for at least one day. So sayeth the laws of "I say so." :shades:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
To all my dudes at the Smash 4 Leaks group, quote me with your new nicknames if you changed them. I gotta know what has changed the past two years. How has Nintenzone been while I have been gone?

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
*Watches direct 1 hour after it's released*
*Goes on Smashboards*
*12 new pages in this thread*
Wow, I'm late to everything, aren't I?

Anyways, for my thoughts on the direct,

-Nice to see a new WarioWare game, even though I've only played WarioWare Smooth Mooves (although I did quite enjoy that one and remember it fondly)

-Mario and Luigi BiS getting a remake already? That's pretty cool, although I admittedly feel like it would make more sense if it was on Switch considering 3DS is already compatible with DS games.

-Detective Pikachu looks pretty good, although I'm not sure if I'll get it. Also that amiibo is huge.

-Luigi's Mansion getting a remake? Nice! I never got a chance to play the original game (as I didn't own a Gamecube as a kid), but I do remember watching my cousin play it when I was younger and I really enjoyed the one on the 3DS

-Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandanna Dee in Kirby Star Allies? Nice, but can't say I didn't expect it. Wait, Rick, Kine, Coo, Marx, and Gooey as well!?
Also, did they mention that other characters could be future dream friends after them? If so, I'd like to see Adenine (if I remember her name correctly) and Magolor sometime in the future.

-Nice to see Okami HD come to Switch. I don't think I'll get it though, as I already have the PS4 version and haven't gotten fully around to playing it yet.

-Octopath Traveler looks really interesting, even though I haven't played the demo yet and never played either of the Bravely Default games.

-lol that Dark Souls amiibo

-Mario Tennis Aces looks like fun. Also, Chain Chomp is a playable character, which is ridiculous which is why I like it.

-Wait, was the Captain Toad port already announced before? I strangely feel like I heard something like this before. Proof that I am Shulk. Anyways, the new content from Odyssey looks like fun. I may get this version when it comes out.

-Cool to see Undertale on the Switch. I may give the game a shot now.

-Nice to see Crash on the Switch, but like Okami, I don't think I'll be getting this version since I already own it on the PS4.

-Still unsure on HW Definitive Edition

-Nice to see more new content coming to Splatoon 2, even though I haven't played in months.

-And finally, what everyone is talking about, Smash. Nice to see that a new Smash game is happening and that the Inklings are joining. I'm not as hyped as everyone else is, but I'm still glad that it's happening. I'm not sure if it's a port or a new game though. If it's a new game, I just hope that it isn't rushed (2018 feels a bit too soon) and that Sakurai doesn't overwork himself.
Ideally, I'd hope that everyone from Smash 4 stays because I feel like Smash 4 has my favorite roster out of all the Smash rosters. I especially hope that Robin, Shulk, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Bayonetta, and Cloud stay, as unlikely as some of those may picks may seem.
Also part of me just doesn't want to accept that it's been 3 and a half years since Smash 4 released.
--------------------------------------
On a different note, I have FINALLY gotten Valentines Hector in Fire Emblem Heroes! And I got the best nature possible, two(-Res +Atk)! I'm so glad I finally have him and can't wait to use him!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
i mean i've been dead.
i went from being an obnoxious high school student to a tolerable college student.
that's my life right now i don't even remember my old name

Ivander

Smash Legend
To all my dudes at the Smash 4 Leaks group, quote me with your new nicknames if you changed them. I gotta know what has changed the past two years. How has Nintenzone been while I have been gone?
My nickname is still the same. So you don't need to worry.

Also, I got to love people's priceless reactions to Solaire's Amiibo. C'mon, best bro deserves an Amiibo cause "Praise the Sun" and because he was easily one of the best speculations of Dark Souls lore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom