• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So how long is it before that trailer becomes a meme?

With the whole Inkling looking behind her to see the massive Smash logo.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay so... Gotta talk about the elephant in the room.

2018 Release Date.

...If this is an all new game, how many of you honestly believe it'll be this year and not pushed back? :yeahboi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2018 Release Date.

...If this is an all new game, how many of you honestly believe that release date? :yeahboi:
I never believed XC2's 2017 release date for a second, not even when it actually released, yet here we are so...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

2018 Release Date.

...If this is an all new game, how many of you honestly believe it'll be this year and not pushed back? :yeahboi:
It's not like they're trying to deceive us lol.

After all they've been working on this since before Smash 4's DLC ended which brings the dev time to about 3 years.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

Right there. It was shown earlier.
This is what I was looking for. This man loves Smash too much to give it up, and his hands probably hate him for it :laugh:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's already happened.

The internet is a fast and scary place.
I'm waiting for the parody where Inkling turns around to see the Playstation All-Stars logo and screams in agony.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I never believed XC2's 2017 release date for a second, not even when it actually released, yet here we are so...
Yeah, but Smash in particular has had a delay for almost every installment. Brawl and 4 were at least, Brawl SEVERAL times.

Don't wanna put a damper on the hype but... It seems too good to be true. A NEW Smash game the SAME YEAR it's announced? If this is a port I'd believe it, but...

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I'm shocked that there's going to be another Smash especially since development for Smash U/3DS ended only 2 years ago, and we don't know how well Sakurai-san is doing health wise, so for there to be another Smash installation this soon is pretty stunning. I think the last time I saw this board explode was when Cloud and Bayonetta were revealed as two of the last 3 characters added for Smash U/3DS, considering the impact those announcements had, in terms of surprise, I 'd be keen to guess they might one up themselves down the road by adding, say, Lara Croft or one of the characters from Persona 5. That's no given, though, and with Smash Switch having just been announced today and the release likely close to Christmas, it'll be interesting to see what content is added (will there be updated looks for the Fire Emblem characters, will Lucina and Dark Pit become skins ala Black Lightning, Vixen and Mr. Freeze are for Injustice 2, what new or returning stages will we see, and certainly, what new characters will be added-the Inklings getting in was guaranteed with Splatoon being a 'Smashing' success for Nintendo (yes that was an obvious pun), and what new modes will be added.) And if this is a new Smash rather than a port, I would prefer they delay it to next year, so that the developers will have more time to create the best possible experience.

Chrono.

Yeah, but Smash in particular has had a delay for almost every installment. Brawl and 4 were at least, Brawl SEVERAL times.

Don't wanna put a damper on the hype but... It seems too good to be true. A NEW Smash game the SAME YEAR it's announced? If this is a port I'd believe it, but...
Wait, Smash 4 was delayed?

I legit don't remember this.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Smash 3DS I think was delayed a bit. At least the North American release date was.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't wait for everyone to start having pictures of people they support in their signatures again.

It's always fun seeing the passion people have for their favs.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

They initially said Smash 3DS in the Summer, and it ended up being fall. I believe that was the case anyway.

Side note: It's so good to see all of you guys again, I missed this. Thanks for the support and likes for me coming back, you wonderful bunch of memers. :happysheep:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Seeing what other thing I'm in charge of, I'm pretty sure this is the only apt response I could give to today.

Other than just a straight squee, which I'm sure everyone else already has covered.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
YOUR WELCOME
It's already happened.

The internet is a fast and scary place.
You are right.
I hope YouTube puts the Smash for Switch trailer on the #1 Trending spot please. Better than all of the stuff they put on the trending. Smash for Switch looking amazing already. I am really happy BOTW Link is the main alt.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
YOUR WELCOME

You are right.
I hope YouTube puts the Smash for Switch trailer on the #1 Trending spot please. Better than all of the stuff they put on the trending. Smash for Switch looking amazing already. I am really happy BOTW Link is the main alt.
Kingdom Hearts 3 made it up there, so did Odyssey at one point I think. It's pretty likely.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No need to be sorry, man.
And hope there's Migatte Praxis avi, if there's one.
I'm part of the die 3DS crowd yes thanks.

It killed my hopes and dreams of Luigi's Mansion HD.

But we got Smash so fuggetaboutit.
Nah, we have seen couple of 3ds/ds games being ported or have enhanced port, so don't worry, it will come sooner or later.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai once said he would have had both 3DS and Wii U versions delayed to 2015 if he chose to focus on both simultaneously during development. He and his team instead chose to focus on one version at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just saw this over at the speculation thread from SourceGaming.

So even if this is a port, we may still see a good amount of new content for the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well now there is going to be a new thing.
Chatters are going to be like "SMASH FOR SWITCH INFORMATION PLZ".
Smash for Switch summoned the best hype train ever.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a much cuter, friendlier avatar to celebrate Marx in the new Kirby game. So much more of a trustful face. Don't worry, I don't have any evil schemes. I won't betray you!

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
...Okay so that feeling of "My Smash Picks have a chance again" is starting to creep up on me again.

My little wooden puppet nearly made it in to Brawl AND 4...

HIS TIME IS NOW...

I'll see myself out.
I have a much cuter, friendlier avatar to celebrate Marx in the new Kirby game. So much more of a trusface face. Don't worry, I don't have any evil schemes. I won't betray you!
Don't worry, we all know Magdolor is already plotting something with the Pay-To-Play Apple Gems, We don't have the resources to worry about Marx.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
hello
i have come to say video games? pretty all right

i don't know what to do now i have to buy more games.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well now there is going to be a new thing.
Chatters are going to be like "SMASH FOR SWITCH INFORMATION PLZ".
Smash for Switch summoned the best hype train ever.
I don't think any Smash hype train is going to beat Smash 4's.

I mean, a lot of our expectation and misconceptions were shattered multiple times for that one. It was ****ing mindblowing.

At this point, I think we learned to expect the unexpected.

D

Deleted member

hello
i have come to say video games? pretty all right

i don't know what to do now i have to buy more games.
I was actually wondering what happened to you and older Smashboards users a few days ago. Welcome back!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was actually wondering what happened to you and older Smashboards users a few days ago. Welcome back!
i died.
now i have spring break and nintendo decides to give me more games
i brought back the bike man thread and everything it's gonna go fine

D

Deleted member

2018 Release Date.

Perhaps it is indeed a completely new game but Sakurai and co. kept it a secret all this time. That might have helped speed up development.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Funny how the rest of the Direct just gets absolutely eclipsed when even without Smash it was still pretty decent.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just saw this over at the speculation thread from SourceGaming.

So even if this is a port, we may still see a good amount of new content for the game.
So if 1 year and a 1/4 brought us 7 characters, 7 stages and 36 sets of Mii costumes, than with 2+ years...

Also, let's be honest, the world would frickin' break if Crash Bandicoot, a character that is practically a Playstation All-Star, got into Smash Bros before a Playstation All-Stars game. I mean, while Crash Bandicoot belongs to Activision, we almost always associate Crash with Playstation and Sony, so Crash getting in would be the closest you could ever get a Nintendo vs Playstation match.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You guys think Sakurai will do picture of the day or anything similar to it to hype this one up?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Not to be all sappy, but it really is so nice to see the old Social Thread gang around again. You goofs were the first “Internet friends” I ever made, so it feels good to be back with all of you a few years later to discuss some good old fashioned Smash Brothers. :b:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom