• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Rate up my ass **** this piece of **** game and **** vlad iii in particular i hope his empire rots i hate castlevania god ****ingdamnit im so ****i g mad right now fate/mafia 2.0 is ****ing cancelled
Only one way to kill a vampire i guess

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So this what I'm expecting from today's direct...

-Fire Emblem reveal
-Pikmin 4
-No More Heroes news
-Maybe Bayo 3 info

-No Retro Studios game announcement
-No Metroid news
-No Pokemon news
-No Animal Crossing
-No Smash Bros
-Especially no F-Zero or Mother 3

Safe to say I'm not expecting much today...

D

Deleted member

God ****ing damn it if the Pokemon reboot leak is real then I'm actually done with Pokemon.

\(°|°)/

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Really? I didn't even know its meaning. Well, I'm taking out the image then, sorry
no problem, I don’t know how it fairs elsewhere but I know here that word is usually used as a pretty bad insult towards women.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So supposedly, the new Seals of TT for FEH have been leaked.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/82xmfj/next_tt_seal_rewards/
-Obstruct
-Res Ploy
-Def Tactic

Considering Seals have never been datamined before, take it with a grain of salt. But Def Tactic would be a nice Seal.

Rate up my *** **** this piece of **** game and **** vlad iii in particular i hope his empire rots i hate castlevania god ****ingdamnit im so ****i g mad right now fate/mafia 2.0 is ****ing cancelled

Only one way to kill a vampire i guess
Vlad III did nothing wrong. :sadeyes:

Assuming you didn't burn Vlad III, he actually works really well in tandem with your Waver and my Tamamo. Trust me, one time, my Vlad managed to get 4 NPs off in one match. Vlad III will make you proud if you subside your anger and give him the chance.

Last edited:
God ****ing damn it if the Pokemon reboot leak is real then I'm actually done with Pokemon.

\(°|°)/
Nintendo/GF/TPC/whoever has control of this would be extremely stupid to try a long-term reboot of the series. Everyone knows that.

At best, it's a soft reboot like Gen 5.
Or, they're wrong.

:061:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The Pokemon Company will only completely reboot the franchise if they like losing money.

I don't think they like losing money.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The only think Pokémon reboots is Ash. :V

Also remember multiverses are a thing now in the games; they can put the new ones on a continuity where nothing eventful has happened.

D

Deleted member

Umm... why?
Because I don't want about 70% of my favorite Pokemon to be scrapped.
If it's a soft reboot then I'd actually be super excited, it was part of the reason i loved BW so much.

\(°|°)/

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If it's a soft reboot then I'd actually be super excited, it was part of the reason i loved BW so much.

\(°|°)/
Scrapping even one Pokémon would mean franchise suicide lol; that's an impossible scenario.

Grumpig should get Hakai'd anyway.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-pokemon-switch-will-be-a-reboot-of-the-franchise.28144/

This rumor regarding the new Pokemon showed up. It's by Riddler, translated by Lavandula.

Have at it.
And to just add more fuel to the fire, Lavandula posted this:

While I do doubt this would be a hard reboot, I can believe them doing a soft one for the Switch going by what's been rumored lately.

Even ignoring how timing-wise it would fit (the new game comes after a 20th anniversary one on a system with bigger expectations), a number of rumors going around lately state that the game is supposed to go heavy on the Kanto references in a new region, and a soft reboot would be the way to do it. If the desire is to draw heavily from Kanto, then the ideology could be for them to make a new region, story, and characters that refer back to many of the same beats that Gen 1 had for that sense of nostalgia, making it a new story that's presented in a familiar way that both old and new fans could enjoy. It would also possibly ignore anything that has happened story and lore-wise away from the region, kind of like Unova in BW, so it wouldn't have to be tied to the overarching storyline and be able to ignore it to develop its own.

In short, I think the idea is to go for something familiar, yet new. I don't think it will completely cut out Gen II-VII and its Pokémon will probably still exist, but its story will be directed more towards both old and new themes that won't require them.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

\(°|°)/
I doubt they’d ever hard reboot the series.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of the poll was just what I've expected, the lovely Celica. Shame her brother didn't fare as well, but at least Alm was proven superior to Tobin and Leon.

Next up is the second and last Echoes poll, with some units from Celica's path and a certain villain. Your picks are Berkut, Mae, Gray, and Saber.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Good luck.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
And to just add more fuel to the fire, Lavandula posted this:

While I do doubt this would be a hard reboot, I can believe them doing a soft one for the Switch going by what's been rumored lately.

Even ignoring how timing-wise it would fit (the new game comes after a 20th anniversary one on a system with bigger expectations), a number of rumors going around lately state that the game is supposed to go heavy on the Kanto references in a new region, and a soft reboot would be the way to do it. If the desire is to draw heavily from Kanto, then the ideology could be for them to make a new region, story, and characters that refer back to many of the same beats that Gen 1 had for that sense of nostalgia, making it a new story that's presented in a familiar way that both old and new fans could enjoy. It would also possibly ignore anything that has happened story and lore-wise away from the region, kind of like Unova in BW, so it wouldn't have to be tied to the overarching storyline and be able to ignore it to develop its own.

In short, I think the idea is to go for something familiar, yet new. I don't think it will completely cut out Gen II-VII and its Pokémon will probably still exist, but its story will be directed more towards both old and new themes that won't require them.
What is that even supposed to be? A ****ing Digimon?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still remember when Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire came out I thought it was a reboot considering 184 old Pokémon were nowhere to be found. I actually freaked out.

Then came Colosseum...

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It did cheese me that Gen 3 didn't let you take your PKMN from Gen 2 over. If we had that feature you could trade a PKMN from R/B/Y and bring it all the way to US/UM.
Id kill for another game in the colosseum series
I second this. Although I did prefer the Stadium games on the N64.

The Gamecube ones were really fun and it's a shame all the other PKMN spinoffs since then were crap.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im ready for four hours of panic about a potential Pokéman reboot just to have absolutely no info about the games in the Direct. :4fox:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It did cheese me that Gen 3 didn't let you take your PKMN from Gen 2 over. If we had that feature you could trade a PKMN from R/B/Y and bring it all the way to US/UM.

I second this. Although I did prefer the Stadium games on the N64.

The Gamecube ones were really fun and it's a shame all the other PKMN spinoffs since then were crap.
what crappy spinoffs are you talking about?

D

Deleted member

Def Tactic
IS: "please do not
Vlad III did nothing wrong. :sadeyes:

Assuming you didn't burn Vlad III, he actually works really well in tandem with your Waver and my Tamamo. Trust me, one time, my Vlad managed to get 4 NPs off in one match. Vlad III will make you proud if you subside your anger and give him the chance.
He's dead. I burned him with pure salt.
And even if I kept him, I still want to max out my main team first and then build other Servants like Medea, Asterios and Shiki, just to name a few.
*Sighs in relief*
View attachment 138219

\(°|°)/
GameFreak: "Pokemon Bank is a long-term service that'll allow you to show your Pokemon to your children and grandchildren."
Some ****ers: "POKEMON IS GETTING REBOOTED!!!1!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I actually do really hope for a soft reboot. I loved XY's and SM's new Pokemon; But I'm ready for another BW style game.

Unfortunately, the last time they did that all people did was ***** and moan about "gen 1 copies" and "ice creams" and "garbage bags."

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Might as well show my predictions I post on Twitter

- Nintendo Arcade Archives game
- Details on the Donkey Kong DLC for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.
- Sushi Striker
- Super Mario Odyssey content
- Dr. Mario for Switch (please?)
- Salt from people expecting a reveal of Pokémon & Super Smash Bros. for Switch

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh, almost forgot.

What do you guys think are the odds we'll get any clues on what the heck this was back in January?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Oh, almost forgot.

What do you guys think are the odds we'll get any clues on what the heck this was back in January?

That was a reference to the earlier mini Direct that came out of the blue. That one revealed Zip Lash and that Tomodachi Life thingy.
One or two days after they posted this picture, another mini Direct that wasn't announced beforehand was put out.

Last edited:
Oh, almost forgot.

I would be surprised if this was anything more than NoA taunting ERA and hype for . . .whatever event that was going on while ERA was freaking out
:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Back from school and I have no work to do. I am excited for the direct even though it could be mostly Mario Tennis footage and discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom