• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

. . .You know, I don't know why it didn't occur to me until now that this would be a thing considering that horror towns in Animal Crossing: New Leaf were a popular Dream Code attraction a few years back.
look up Akia Village. You are welcime

japanese horror is so much better then western horror

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
look up Akia Village. You are welcime

japanese horror is so much better then western horror
Oh, I think Aika Village was the one I checked out back then, actually.

I definitely felt emotions evoked but it kind of couldn't quite make the jump into fear and slid into a sort of peculiar fascination instead. It's the same reaction I get from some SCP Foundation stuff. Not that I'm complaining, I actually vastly prefer that peculiar sensation to jumping out of my skin. When something's clearly off but mysterious enough to coax you onward and not so horrid as to drive you away.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, I think Aika Village was the one I checked out back then, actually.

I definitely felt emotions evoked but it kind of couldn't quite make the jump into fear and slid into a sort of peculiar fascination instead. It's the same reaction I get from some SCP Foundation stuff. Not that I'm complaining, I actually vastly prefer that peculiar sensation to jumping out of my skin. When something's clearly off but mysterious enough to coax you onward and not so horrid as to drive you away.
Aika Villege is pretty horrifying ti me because 1) unsettling music 2) dirty town with 4 am music 3) the doll with the ax

mostly the doll with the ax that shows up twice

thing is, I dont look for Fear, I look for Unsettling

Edit: Look up Hitokui Village too

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ain't much unsettling silence to go around with an announcer constantly shouting at the top of his lungs and a pile of sweaty men throwing each other to the ground, tho.
If it makes things any better, there’s also sweaty women and blocks
DDLC probably has the best use of a no music section in recent memory IMO.

"You kind of left her hanging this morning, you know?"
how dare you

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Rival characters are a fantastic art, especially in games. A shame the last good one was Wally in ORAS, and even then, the XY group were all trash.

Anyone got personal favorites? Aside from Vergil that is?

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
It’s become pretty damn clear throughout the Let's Go news cycle that Masuda has almost no interest in making a good Pokemon game if he can get away with it. I’m not even surprised at this point.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The thing with Hau is he actually plays with the whole "friendly rival" archetype quite a bit. Under his laid back personality and addiction to malasadas, he's actually quite competent, as shown in the battle right when you first get to Ula'ula Island. Not every NPC trainer would've had the foresight to use the previous town's stone shop to buy the necessary items to evolve their Pikachu and Eevee, including specifically picking an Eeveelution that has an advantage against your starter!

But Hau gets even more interesting once he starts undergoing character development. He takes it hard when he fails to prevent Lillie from being captured, feeling like he's way out of his league. From there on, he realizes that he needs to take being a trainer more seriously if he ever wants to become a kahuna like his grandfather. It's an interesting flip from the usual "abrasive character learns to lighten up" fare.

I figure more people want jerk rivals because we grew up with them in the first couple generations, but this is a case where they're missing out on something interesting just because it doesn't match up with the first example they ever experienced.
I don't mind friendly rivals as much as most folks seem to, but this is spot on Hau. It always sucks seeing him get ****ted on even though he's one of the better developed characters, and one of the few characters Ultra actually improved by making him a Champion at the end.

As for the rest, I feel like the Kalos rivals are mostly to blame for people really getting burned out on friendly rivals. They were all extremely bland and one note (Trace seems to be the same,) previous rivals had at least a character arc or an edge of some sort. Cheren falls in line with the Blue-type of rivals more than anyone else, Bianca had an actual arc about becoming independent, Barry wanted to surpass his dad and was pretty intense all around, Hugh's entire plot is wanting to get back his sister's stolen Pokemon and is taken mostly seriously and, of course, there's Wally who starts out as a meek kid who can't even catch his own Pokemon to an Elite 4 level trainer (even if he's underutilized.)

Really, the only friendly rivals I'd say are outright bad are Gen 3 Brendan/May and the Kalos group. I say Gen 3 for Brendan/May because ORAS improved them by a fair amount.

But I'd still like some "edgier" rivals every now and then. I mean, look at Gladion, he was a jerk for a decent portion of the game and they still gave him a compelling character arc and he was very popular even before the game had come out.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sun and Moon anime continues to be ace.
I didn't know I needed Slayers Jessie.
*See this post*

*is looking at a video about Cowboy Bebop right now*

"thinking_batman.gif"

Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Faye from Cowboy Bebop tho.

I recognize a fair amount of these and idk what that says about me
It says you're a ****ing weeb.

Also the US is ass, Trump administration is trying to set back transgender rights alongside the quote "The lack of clarity allowed the Obama administration to wrongfully extend civil rights protections to people who should not have them"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
r/XenobladeChronicles, the only place where you will find a 19 page essay about why someone loves their waifu so much.

And then a 10 page essay about Aegises in the comments.

At least the 19 page one is about Melia, so they got good taste in best girls.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Sun and Moon anime continues to be ace.
I didn't know I needed Slayers Jessie.
Jessie looks almost exactly like Faye from Cowboy Bebop with those eyes and the hairstyle she wore in that scene to fit the latter's! The fact they share the same voice actress is also a huge bonus (I remember recognizing Faye's Japanese voice as Jessie's when I first watched Cowboy Bebop).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom