• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, I guess I want some Ninja Gaiden content for the Switch. VC is dead on it though, right? If so, perhaps the modern releases would do.

Chrono.

Well, I guess I want some Ninja Gaiden content for the Switch. VC is dead on it though, right? If so, perhaps the modern releases would do.
I think the NES one could be showing up on Nintendo's online service soon enough.

ORRRRRRR

You could play The Messenger which is on the eShop and a fantastic NES Ninja Gaiden-like game.

Iridium

Smash Hero
praline praline , I get what you mean now. Unfortunately, I don't use my Wii U anymore, and haven't played anything on it in months. Maybe when I get a Switch. I'll keep this in mind.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This episode definitely felt like the calm-before-the-storm type of episode, as it focused on what the title suggests: the Survey Corps on the night before they begin their operation to reclaim Wall Maria, and we see lots of casual moments coming from them.

We begin with Erwin, Hange, Pixis, Levi, and Zackley discussing who should be the one to hold onto the Titan syringe box. Some suggest Erwin, but he denies it. He explains he's a wounded warrior and thus unfit to carry the syringe, and he adds that the person who should onto it is the one who has the highest chance of survival and in better shape: Levi. Levi accepts it in a way that fits the character: "You could've just given me the order to hold onto it." Levi being Levi, that's what it is.

A meeting with the Survey Corps's squad captains and leaders take place sometime after. They talk about how the operation to reach Shingashina and retake Wall Maria will be in two days and about the fact Shingashina is where Eren's basement is and how it will reveal those major answers regarding the world around them. Some of the squad captains talk about how it'd be a good idea for the Survey Corps to have a celebratory feast on the night before the operation. Most of the squad captains leave after the talk except for Levi, who stays with Erwin. Levi asks Erwin if he has any plans after they retake Wall Maria and get to Eren's basement. Erwin has no response to that. To him, all that matters is reaching the basement and that's it. He even says he'll put reaching the basement over saving humanity first.

Boy oh boy, that seemed like a pretty big death flag for Erwin. He hasn't thought ahead about what could happen after they reach the basement, and it's the main thing on his mind? Well, I feel for Levi for getting protective of Erwin in that scene. He doesn't want the man he trusts the most to lose his life.

So the next day, we now see the night before the Wall Maria operation begins. The Survey Corps are having their big feast as a time of fun and enjoyment before the big day. The big deal about this meat is they are having meat, something that is quite expensivem and thus hard to procure inside the walls. Everyone goes nuts: no one has had meat in the while. For our favorite meat-lover Sasha, you can imagine just how crazy she went seeing it. It also leads to some nice comedic moments with our heroes trying to restrain Sasha as she tries to devour the piece of meat on their table in one swoop, with Sasha punching Marlowe in the face and even biting Jean's hand by accident as he tries to stop her! It ultimately ends with the group having to tie Sasha to a post. Afterwards, Eren and Connie have a brief casual moment where they talk about how its already been four months between now and since they graduated from the military school, showing a nice sense of friendship between the two characters.

When our heroes resume their meals, Jean tells Marlowe about the importance of trying to come back alive. He then throws some shade at Eren for being that "suicidal blockhead." Eren reacts to it in a triggered way: looks like another Eren vs Jean brawl is about to break out! Jean and Armin even smile when they see Eren react to Jean's comment, implying the two are happy to see Eren has indeed recovered from his depression. It isn't long before Eren and Jean proceed to fight each other like they did in the military school days, and it leads to some more comedic moments in the episode. Even Mikasa doesn't intervene and watches with a smile this time: she seems to not mind The fight is ultimately stopped by Levi as he punches the two in the gut, a punch so hard for both that Jean ends up vomitting.

We then see the EMA trio having a very nice dialogue with each other by the stair steps. We see some nice character moments from each of them. Eren acknowledges how he felt jealous of Mikasa for her superior fighting tactics in those past few months but is ready to move on. Mikasa expresses her wish if they could return to the "good ol' days" after they reclaim Wall Maria... assuming if the ending result of the mission marks the end. Armin reminds them about his wish to see the ocean, and he promises Eren that he will show them it after they reclaim Wall Maria (with Eren accepting it in a light-heated way). Levi also listens to the conversation from behind a nearby wall. Hearing Armin express that wish of his did give some death flags for him though: really, it's the way he expresses it that gave me that vibe (not to mention that brief flashback during it that shows us what looks like Eren and Mikasa meeting Armin when they were kids).

The final scene of the episode shows the Survey Corps on top of the wall, about to depart for their biggest mission yet. They get a cheering audience from all the townspeople: among them include Flegel Reeves and a man that witnessed Hange and Moblit expose the Inner MP from earlier the season. Erwin notes that it is the first time the Survey Corps have ever received such enthusiastic cheers. It leads to him shouting back at the crowd believe with incredibly enthusiasm. Not gonna lie, but it got me a bit emotional. Hearing the crowd cheer and Erwin yell out that war cry felt quite touching; you can just feel how happy Erwin was at seeing that through his VA's work.

The Survey Corps depart from Wall Rose and head to Shingashina. We then see Reiner and Bertolt overlooking the sunset from atop Wall Maria, and the episode ends...

WHOA WHOA WHOA, WHAT'S WITH ALL THAT GLITCHING, AND THAT MONTAGE OF SCENES?

...Oh wait, is this what's coming for the arc? Oh snap!

Wait, another scene: Eren, Mikasa, and Levi are on top of some roof and fighting amongst each other.

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh boyyyyy!!!!!!!!

They teased the Serum bowl! What a preview!

This episode was a nice way to wrap up the arc. Lots of humorous moments with plenty of great character moments, especially from Erwin and Eren, and that preview at the end made my heart skip a beat there because of how started I was watching it!

So it turns out Attack on Titan Season 3 will be split cour! The second half of Season 3 will continue in April 2019, and they gave us a brief teaser trailer for it:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

They also gave us a teaser poster for the second half of Season 3:

From that image, I think we can tell this next arc will be a major one.

To be honest, I had a feeling Season 3 would be split-cour the moment it was revealed a few weeks ago that NHK's TV schedule did not list anymore episode listings for the rest of October. I thought the rest of Season 3 would resume in January since most split-cour anime usually take one season off once they reach the halfway point at Episode 12 or 13, so hearing that AoT Season 3 would resume in April did surprise me a bit...

...but the more I look into it, the more I understand why. WIT Studio definitely needs some breathing time right now; I mean, this week's episode had 15 animation directors and 52 key animators, so they've really been pushing to quite an extreme lately.

There's also the fact that very next arc the second half of Season 3 will focus on is very intense. In fact, that arc is considered by manga readers to be the best arc in AoT and where many major highlights will happen there (and I can attest to that; it's easily my favorite arc in the series) in terms of major reveals, action scenes, and character building. Knowing how intense that arc will be, WIT Studio definitely needs to take some time off and prepare for what's coming up in the anime.

However, they also have Vinland Saga to work on for January 2019, which could also explain why the second half of Season 3 will come out in April and not January.

It'll be a bit of a lengthy wait, but I'll know how to keep myself preoccupied. I'm really looking forward to seeing the second half of Season 3 animated, and I have faith that arc will be animated and adapted quite well with this 6-month break period between the first and second cours.

I'll also be working on a review for the first half of Season 3, which should be up either tonight or sometime later this week. It'll be a fitting way to conclude my summer season of anime-watching now that that Steins; Gate 0, Free! Dive to the Future, and the first cour of AoT Season 3 are finished.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*movie about a angry dude escaping from hell*

Another edgy movie on this boring sund-

*angry dude is Nicolas Cage*

**** yeah time for some ****ing popcorn

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
S-shut up, Aurane!
This current username is a great fit for Aurane because every time he decides to say something snarky I just immediately imagine it as that stupid flower mouthing off to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom