• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Keeping it short and sweet because I got a bed calling me.

TL;DR: I spent the better portion of my night working on a recreation of the main castle from Dragon Warrior. And I'm half done. That should probably be enough for you, but if it's not:

In order to gather intel on the inaccessible parts of Tantegal Castle, I Game Genie'd the sweet **** out of my PC-emulated file (the RetroPie one, where I plan on doing the game legit, remains unaltered). Unfortunately I couldn't find a code to give me a Magic Key and couldn't be arsed to test until I found one on my own. Instead I hijacked the shop in Brecconary, got them to sell me Erdrick's equips for a total tab of four gold, and blitzed my way to Rimuldar to get one single Magic Key. From there I hacked the monsters around Tantegal to drop absurd amounts of gold, stuffed myself full of Magic Keys from the now-accessible castle shop till the dude cut me off, and then went on a breaking and entering spree.

All this for some NPC dialogue. Good times.

That all said, Tantegal Castle is about halfway done. The map's fully built, the NPCs and chests are placed, and, now that I've got confirmation of it all, I've begun scripting for their dialogue prior to the Princess' rescue.

Still brooding over what the **** to do about the sideways doors, and I probably also get to go back and set variables on the Magic Key chests and doors to update a variable telling how many keys the player has every time he gets one, since for some baffling reason the editor doesn't have that option. And there's some saving dialogue weirdness I gotta figure out.

So there's a couple of hurdles to overcome. Just a pile of things. But I get those pinned down, and I'll have a more-or-less fully functional replica of Tantegal Castle, and I can move on to the real big pain in the ass - the Overworld.

I've also implemented all the game's weapons and most of the armors. As part of the deal I went back and cleared out all the default item and skill designations and replaced them with relevant ones (except for magic, which I just cleared out for now).

Don't have options outright to heal the player as they walk or turn off floor damage, least as far as I know, so some of the late-game stuff doesn't work yet, but that's kind of a moot point right now. And the only non-equipment item fully implemented so far is the Magic Key, mostly because it does nothing unless you interact with a locked door. But when we get a Slime to beat, we now have the Bamboo Pole we'll probably be beating it with.

Finally, I set the player's HP, MP, and Strength for every level between 1 and 30. By hand. Because that's just how we roll now apparently. And there's more to go.

Ah well. Any progress is good progress.

Sass Mouth said:
hey what the hell you said short and sweet
I just condensed somewhere north of eight hours worth of shenanigans into a handful of paragraphs you hypothetical cloaca ****er.

In which I post a banger from an obscure as heck 32X game.
This kind of makes me want to go dig up Skitchin music again.

Least it would if I weren't falling asleep at the keys.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You ever want to just be a kid again and just cry a river on your parents’ shoulder, while they reassure you in a soft voice and tell you everything is OK?
I just wanna be a kid again period.

...Actually I’d wanna be a manakete.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Seinfeld bass line confirmed for Ultimate.

This is easily my favorite menu theme.
0/10 Thought music was made Seinfeld like sounds
You ever want to just be a kid again and just cry a river on your parents’ shoulder, while they reassure you in a soft voice and tell you everything is OK?
No, not really
Id rather all my pets that died be alive

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I can't stop spamming the replay button on the Mojo Mansion song from Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow (PC version).

HALP!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Huh, the Skylanders show has Malefor in it.

As expected they really dumbed him down for the kiddies. Apparently he's Cynder's dad in it.

While I thought he wasn't used to his full potential in the Legend of Spyro games, this feels like a totally different character. Even the Skylanders comic had a much better design for him.

Remember when this guy was a ruthless planet buster voiced by Mark Hamill, with a voice distortion that made him incomprehensible?

you probably don't

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I pulled a plus attack minus hp Halloween Myrrh.

Building her atm and will post a pic of the disgustingly high power myrhh will have later.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's Sonic Unleashed in Xenia.

I wanted to record commentary for this but I've since fallen ill and my voice is kind of gone.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'finally was able to change my username before going to sleep.

Thanks Smashboard.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’ve been thinking of changing mine but my premium might be up by the time I could change it back lol

Good to see you back with a classic username. :p
'gotta admit, I agree with you, I missed having a normal username after awhile.

Shout-out to Mythra Mythra for sticking with his waifu for so long tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom