• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Coming back to any RPG after not having played it for months
2F229C49-162B-4B81-9E9C-1993201AFD66.gif

Playing EOV again, think I've now done all the 3rd Stratum sidequests so I can finally move on to the 4th.
Turns out Gun Dragoon and Omnimental Warlock aren't doing much for me, Dragoon just keeps protecting anyways and never lands ailments(and even then, Corkscrew and Reaps provide all the ones I really need), and Omnimental is better for crowd control and lacks in damage so I'd rather just have an ultra specific anti-boss team.
So I guess it's back to EO2U where I had a Protector and an Alchemist huh
i really need to plan out my teams better

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So crossover nexus was apparently going to be a half hour special but then CN said that they wanted it to be 11 minutes so they had to change it. Some other neat details Ian Jones shared:

- KO would have had to first fight Ruby and sapphire as everyone was being sent to this world and brainwashed. Afterwards they'd fuse into Garnet and unit with the others.

-One One from infinity train was actually apart of the original 22 minute story but was cut due to CN making it 11 minutes. He would have been striked half way through and taken out.

-The Secret Saturdays and Class of 3000 had cameos that were removed.

-The villain was a pen originally and then they made Strike to go along with it.

-The idea came from the P.O.I.N.T. prep arc of Ok Ko, where they wanted cameos from other hero characters but decided that if they were going to do them, it be go big or go home.

-It wasn't until the episode was cut to 11 minutes that they reworked the setting and came up with the idea for it to be set in CN City.

So a lot of work went into this and really shows. I'm happy they got to pull this off and I hope we get a full half hour special set here again since CN has likely realized this crossover got a lot of attention.

D

Deleted member

So crossover nexus was apparently going to be a half hour special but then CN said that they wanted it to be 11 minutes so they had to change it. Some other neat details Ian Jones shared:

- KO would have had to first fight Ruby and sapphire as everyone was being sent to this world and brainwashed. Afterwards they'd fuse into Garnet and unit with the others.

-One One from infinity train was actually apart of the original 22 minute story but was cut due to CN making it 11 minutes. He would have been striked half way through and taken out.

-The Secret Saturdays and Class of 3000 had cameos that were removed.

-The villain was a pen originally and then they made Strike to go along with it.

-The idea came from the P.O.I.N.T. prep arc of Ok Ko, where they wanted cameos from other hero characters but decided that if they were going to do them, it be go big or go home.

-It wasn't until the episode was cut to 11 minutes that they reworked the setting and came up with the idea for it to be set in CN City.

So a lot of work went into this and really shows. I'm happy they got to pull this off and I hope we get a full half hour special set here again since CN has likely realized this crossover got a lot of attention.
Hopefully it makes them do a proper full crossover with all of their series. Like, imagine if they made a full movie of it, does CN have such low trust in their own series?
wait why am i asking of course they do just look at how they handle steven universe

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Bit of a random topic, but anyone got their favorite super moves in Fighting Games? Mine's probably Maximum Spider, the Marvel 3 version is ****ing fantastic. Though DBFZ's got my favorite versions of Heat Dome, Father-Son Kamehameha and the Bros. Kamehameha.

For Smash, Mega Man's is the GOAT, and Triple Finish is right behind it.
Raging Demon in anything that has Akuma
Hit's This is the Stance _/_/ from DBFZ
Penance Stare in UMvC3
Nightmare's new Critical Edge in SC6
Great Aether in Smash Bros
Erron Black's X-Ray in MKX
Raiden's Super in Injustice 2
Azrael's Pressure Point Super from Blazblue
Merkava's Noodle Arms in UNIST/BBTAG
Weiss's Snow Flurry in BBTAG

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hopefully it makes them do a proper full crossover with all of their series. Like, imagine if they made a full movie of it, does CN have such low trust in their own series?
wait why am i asking of course they do just look at how they handle steven universe
Seriously, not even the crew that make it have been informed of when the last episode of the season is airing.

They were consistent for awhile there, but know CN just won't tell us anything on it. Which sucks when the story is at such a big part.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't want to make light of a hurricane, but it's kind of a shame that one of them finally shares the same name as mine and it's not all that impressive...
I hope another hurricane named Michael comes by and makes a tree fall on my house so I can say "**** you, Michael"
leave her alone

she's been through a lot
yeah yeah i know but, its still annoying to me

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Coming back to any RPG after not having played it for months
View attachment 169387

Playing EOV again, think I've now done all the 3rd Stratum sidequests so I can finally move on to the 4th.
Turns out Gun Dragoon and Omnimental Warlock aren't doing much for me, Dragoon just keeps protecting anyways and never lands ailments(and even then, Corkscrew and Reaps provide all the ones I really need), and Omnimental is better for crowd control and lacks in damage so I'd rather just have an ultra specific anti-boss team.
So I guess it's back to EO2U where I had a Protector and an Alchemist huh
i really need to plan out my teams better
wait you mean you're ahead of me again? damn it I had lapped you, guess I need to step up my game

Alternatively you could just be like me and end up picking your team more or less by accident. I actually started that new file I was talking about, and went with a team that's mostly just the people I didn't use the first time around (so Harbinger/Pugilist/Fencer plus Shaman/Necromancer) and they've completely facerolled their way to the third stratum. I think that's mostly just because Necromancers are stupidly strong, though.

I dunno why the cannon Dragoon isn't working for you, with the rest of your party you should have enough damage control for them to be able to do more than just shield people. I'd be using their attack skills and putting turrets up, more than their ailments. I do prefer Elemancer for the Warlock, though.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
VR Hulu gonna be lit.
Right? :awesome:

Sure, this thing's basically Baby's First VR, but I'm just hoping to relax in some places that ain't my computer chair. And if I find some other stuff that's fun to do while I'm at it, all the better.

Eyeing the Vive for the real deal, but as previously noted that's gonna take some saving up.

Noctis is getting married IRL.

Oh hey, one of Edgar's pick-up lines worked.

Seriously though, grats to the guy.

Chrono.

I don't care for owning VR myself, but I also really want to try it out.

Unfortunately that's easier said than done where I live lol.

D

Deleted member

wait you mean you're ahead of me again? damn it I had lapped you, guess I need to step up my game

Alternatively you could just be like me and end up picking your team more or less by accident. I actually started that new file I was talking about, and went with a team that's mostly just the people I didn't use the first time around (so Harbinger/Pugilist/Fencer plus Shaman/Necromancer) and they've completely facerolled their way to the third stratum. I think that's mostly just because Necromancers are stupidly strong, though.

I dunno why the cannon Dragoon isn't working for you, with the rest of your party you should have enough damage control for them to be able to do more than just shield people. I'd be using their attack skills and putting turrets up, more than their ailments. I do prefer Elemancer for the Warlock, though.
As I found out by the 3rd Stratum boss fight, the Celestrian Union skill that fully binds enemies is pretty ****ing broken. Just pop it and the Pugilist will be spamming 4-hit Leading Blows for the next few turns. Make that five if you can get an ailment in too.
Speaking of which, you already fought the 3rd Stratum boss, right?

As for cannon Dragoon, sure I can heal the damage but when I have a party as squishy as this, that doesn't matter if they can't survive a single hit. And I prefer the Bunkers anyways, Turrets damage isn't really worth it imo.
I'll try working with Counter Guard for extra damage and using Shield Throw in spare turns since it's the only skill Dragoon has that calculates damage out of Def and boy is it good. It's surely more interesting than the Protector's spam of Front Guards at the very least, and Shield Dragoon gets some cool guard skills like Divide Guard, Counter Guard, Heal Guard and Soul Guard.

Also, who thought it was a good idea to make Petrify so easily available as a Bow Skill? I've had this bow on my Rover ever since the second stratum and she just keeps landing them, it's too easy. Ended up naming her Second Name as "Hound of Medusa" because that's basically her game plan.
I still can't get over how I landed Petrify on the 2nd Stratum boss lmao

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I like how the school doctors shirt blew open and then Jotaro makes out the other guys stand from inside her mouth.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was telling my bro about Jojo and as I’m describing it I’m like in my head thinking “man this show is insane”

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only reason I want to get an Oculus or Vive headset is so I can play F-Zero GX and Star Fox Assault again in Dolphin VR.

I tried it a few years ago when my brother's friend loaned us his Oculus Development version and it was a blast, and the single reason I have a slight optimism for VR.

And it will be even better now since the program has been developed further and I have a much better computer.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ooooo.

Didn't know this was a thing. Gonna have a look, thank ye.
Here's the site for the build.

https://dolphinvr.wordpress.com/

It's been ages since I used it but IIRC it's not too hard to use.

I recommend F-Zero GX as your testing game since that game has a natural first person mode and overall it's just really good to experience.

Mario Kart Wii is another good choice if you're afraid of getting motion sick or something since it's slower paced, I can't recall if it had a natural first person mode though.

Chrono.

I recommend F-Zero GX as your testing game since that game has a natural first person mode and overall it's just really good to experience.

Mario Kart Wii is another good choice if you're afraid of getting motion sick or something since it's slower paced, I can't recall if it had a natural first person mode though.
I think 7 was the first MK game to have a natural first person mode.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As I found out by the 3rd Stratum boss fight, the Celestrian Union skill that fully binds enemies is pretty ****ing broken. Just pop it and the Pugilist will be spamming 4-hit Leading Blows for the next few turns. Make that five if you can get an ailment in too.
Speaking of which, you already fought the 3rd Stratum boss, right?
Hmm, I didn't think of using it like that. I'll have to remember that one, since I haven't been using that particular skill too often.

I haven't fought it yet in this run, I'm at floor 14 at the moment. But I've already beaten the game once, so I know what it is and what to do to it, if that's what you meant. Don't think I had too much difficulty with it on my first file, but I had stuff like an Elemancer Warlock that could just throw out tons of fire damage to make light work of it and its minions.

Also, who thought it was a good idea to make Petrify so easily available as a Bow Skill? I've had this bow on my Rover ever since the second stratum and she just keeps landing them, it's too easy. Ended up naming her Second Name as "Hound of Medusa" because that's basically her game plan.
I still can't get over how I landed Petrify on the 2nd Stratum boss lmao
I have that bow equipped on my Shaman, so they have something to do once all their buffs are up. It's just really silly. I wasn't lucky enough to land it on any bosses, but it's been cleaning up everywhere else.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Yoooooo.

Metroid Prime in VR.

Shows off F-Zero GX in here too, amongst others.

I'm hyped as **** for this now, thank you dude.

Also, Switch VR when?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yoooooo.

Metroid Prime in VR.

Shows off F-Zero GX in here too, amongst others.

I'm hyped as **** for this now, thank you dude.

Also, Switch VR when?
Yeah I forgot about Metroid lol, that one looks amazing because they lock the HUD and helmet graphics to your head movements.

And just looked it up and yeah Mario Kart Wii didn't have a first person mode but there is a hack for Dolphin VR that does it perfectly.

The main thing I wanna see is CEMU VR for Breath of the Wild VR. Breath of the Wild already has mods for first-person kinds of gameplay so it's really just about getting head tracking and FOV to work in CEMU. And the game already has gyro controls built in so the code from that could probably come in handy for head tracking and attaching it to the normal camera.

I hope there's a first person hack for Xenoblade Chronicles too, combining that with the HD mods for the game would basically consume my life, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom