• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Then again we'll just see how the Online Service goes, and as I said, it's still hasn't even a month since Switch Online launches, so we will just use the online as it is for now and see.

I mentioned that I purchase the member just today. Right now I haven't do anything much besides backing my games up. Also even I put my console to sleep mode it still did not auto backup, is it that I have to play the game after I purchase membership in order to have it autobackup?
Yeah, it hasn't even been a month yet, so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for the online connection... for now.

Also, I'm not sure what happened for you. My games just backed up on their own...

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
xD OK, I didn't saw this one coming! So instead of fire, this thing throws chanclas voladoras at her enemies? And what the heck does she has in her other hand? A cup of elote with some sort of chicken leg sticking out or an orchata?
pretty sure thats a flip flop in the other hand

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I know the news from the Wall Street Journal about a new Switch model releasing in 2019 came out a few days ago, but I've been thinking about it the past few days since really, I didn't have any initial reaction to it.

I will say that I do believe this is going to happen though, because the Wall Street Journal is one of the most reliable sources for news on anything ever. They're very professional and would not publish an article without at least some legitimacy to their sources. Plus, I've always said that revised Switch models every two years or so, similar to how Apple handles the iPhone, is something that makes sense for the Switch, since people buy a dock with their initial purchase and then new models could have a dockless SKU that people can buy for like €90 cheaper and just upgrade the system while keeping their old docks.

So the main thing I wanna get out of the way - I think there will be an increase in power. Or at least, adjustments will be more about how games are run than the form factor of the system. I know there's been a lot of debate about that, and some people are thinking this will be more of a DS Lite/3DS XL sort of thing, and I thought that too at first, but the more I think about it, the more I realise how little sense that makes. The main reason being that....nobody is really complaining about the Switch's form factor, or the size of it's screen, or really anything like that. I think most sane and able-bodied people would agree that the Switch is a comfortable, nice system to hold in your hands, and it doesn't really need to change heavily, and that the screen is a good size too. The original DS and 3DS were always criticised for being too small or having too small a screen respectively, so they needed revisions to address those, but the Switch doesn't have issues of that nature. The only thing I can think of is the kickstand, but I personally think it's fine and honestly, they can't sell a major new revision on an improved kickstand. That's the sort of thing they would fix subtly on newer prints of the original hardware, if they haven't already. The only other thing they could do is remove the bezel on the Switch screen, possibly allowing more space to make the screen as much as an inch bigger, but I don't even think that's really necessary. I do think they will, and should, upgrade the screen though. I'm personally happy with the Switch's screen but I know some people want them to upgrade it to the kind of displays more modern phones use, that produce sharper colours and also consume less power. The 720p resolution is perfectly fine for the screen size, though.

As far as what I want out of the boost in horsepower, the main thing I think needs to happen, is that all Switch games run at native 720p in handheld mode. While I can understand things like subpar resolutions and having to resort to adaptive resolution techniques being a thing on docked mode, I personally think it's kind of unacceptable that I can't run games like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in handheld mode without them dropping to 240p, while still having to deal with frame drops. Also, if you think about any other handheld device, including Nintendo's own handhelds, you never see them go below their standard resolution, they always run every game at the same resolution. So I think the Switch should be aiming to do that too. If this can also allow more games to run at native 1080p and have more stable framerates in docked mode too, than that's awesome too, but I'm not too fussed about docked mode, because while I use it almost exclusively, it's not the main selling point of the system and Nintendo are always going to be behind in terms of the home console experience and I'm fine with that for now. The Switch excels at being a handheld device though, so that's what they should focus on maximising for now.

I also think the power boost is needed in general because Nintendo are at a point where even their own first-party titles, at least the big and ambitious ones, struggle to maintain stable frame rates and even stable resolutions. Third party titles are one thing, most of those need to make compromises due to being built for more powerful hardware, but Nintendo's own games are only built for Switch (or 3DS), and if their own games are struggling to run on the hardware, that's a problem, and a sign that they need to beef up the horsepower of their system. Nintendo has always been that one company you could rely on for a locked 60 FPS or 30 FPS frame rate when it comes to the first party titles, but they haven't been able to live up to that with the Switch. The system is underpowered even for their own projects, and those of their close partners like Monolith Soft. So that's a clear sign they need to upgrade their specs.

As for the kind of upgrade, they will likely upgrade to the Tegra X2 chip or maybe possibly the Pascal architecture (not 100% sure but I think Switch uses NVIDIA's Maxwell GPU architecture). The RAM will likely stay the same, while the CPU could potentially see an improvement too. I also think it's likely they will upgrade the storage space from 32 GB to 64 GB. I don't think they will do anything with the dock.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
14- Arigarmy
17- Chrono.
18- Zinith/Yoshi
19- Hat N' Clogs, Knight Dude
21- Jojalole
23- Mythra
25- Yellowlord
26- Pazzo.
27- AmericanDJ
29- Tyrant Tenebris
30- LoneKonWolf
31- Swamp Sensei
34- ShinyLegendary, Opo
35- AndreaAC
37- Red
39- Uni
40- Shishoe, Moydow, Ura
41 - Prince Alucard
45- Professor Pumpkaboo
50- Ivander
51- Natz/Katt, Alek Poster
57- Androobie
66- Dyllybirdy
68- Praline

https://psychcentral.com/quizzes/emotional-type-quiz/
I scored a 39 in that quiz.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, it hasn't even been a month yet, so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for the online connection... for now.

Also, I'm not sure what happened for you. My games just backed up on their own...
Is it when/after you play the game?

Is it when you are charging your Switch with WiFi on? So far my all my Switch games were being backed up manually by me. I don't have that much games so, it wasn't a big deal.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
This is quite troublesome for me. I plan to buy a Nintendo Switch before Smash Ultimate releases, so having them release a new and improved Switch around the time I finally purchase the outdated version wouldn't sit so well with me. I have no intention of waiting it out either, since I have a strong desire to play Smash Ultimate on Day 1. I'm not exactly the kind of person to instantly purchase the newer version when it comes to phones (I still have a Samsung Galaxy S7), but when it comes to videogame consoles? I'm prone to these kinds of impulse purchases.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
This is quite troublesome for me. I plan to buy a Nintendo Switch before Smash Ultimate releases, so having them release a new and improved Switch around the time I finally purchase the outdated version wouldn't sit so well with me. I have no intention of waiting it out either, since I have a strong desire to play Smash Ultimate on Day 1. I'm not exactly the kind of person to instantly purchase the newer version when it comes to phones (I still have a Samsung Galaxy S7), but when it comes to videogame consoles? I'm prone to these kinds of impulse purchases.
Still not as bad as me though, I might not even get a chance to play it.

But I can understand how that could be a problem. I don't know if I can really help out though, since I don't impulse buy things usually. I'm sorry bud. :(

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Still not as bad as me though, I might not even get a chance to play it.

But I can understand how that could be a problem. I don't know if I can really help out though, since I don't impulse buy things usually. I'm sorry bud. :(
No, it's fine. You've got it MUCH worse. Get well soon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
See, the Spidey fanboy in me that gushes whenever talented individuals get the character right agrees with you wholeheartedly. I love Spidey wayyyy more than Batman (though the Caped Crusader is prolly my fave DC character overall besides Manhunter). At the same time, though, Rocksteady did an incredible job with Batman in their own right (especially City), which is why I hesitate in saying "BEST EVAR!" of the superhero/licensed games. Both of them just knock it out of the ballpark with their respective franchises/characters, from gameplay right down to the tone, mood and aesthetics. It is legit hard for me to (objectively) rank the two.

Smooth Criminal
Spidey PS4 and Arkham City will officially be marked as the greatest superhero games of all time (setting the bar for all other games). Insomniac and Rocksteady are definitely proud of the hard work they went through to make those games

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
well the thing is it could very well be a year well on before it becomes out, meaning its not happening overnight

and plus even then the same system can still play the same stuff, i wouldn't worry over minor detail till they become apparant

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
well the thing is it could very well be a year well on before it becomes out, meaning its not happening overnight

and plus even then the same system can still play the same stuff, i wouldn't worry over minor detail till they become apparant
You're probably right. But I heard that the current Switch still has problems with things like docking and overheating, so I'd very much like to get an upgraded Switch that fixes those problems.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>you will never have a Gerudo gf to take down the Yiga clan with you

why live

But yeah it's cool how the Gerudo women actually react to a Yiga ambush.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So just so everyone knows, the emotional quiz is a bunch of hogwash anyway. Granted, I'm not sure if what exactly it's a measurement of, I know it says "emotional type" but it seems much more like Empathy Quotient. In that case, lower is less emphatically and higher is more empathetic. Anyone below 30 would be diagnosed with autism. Not like it actually emulates an actual Empathy Quotient anyway. And even if it did, these kinds of scalings tend to be unreliable anyway.
I have autism(although I'm low on the autism scale) and I got a 50. So yeah...

D

Deleted member

I don't wanna hear anymore "Kingdom Hearts is too hard to get into" complaints ever again.

Unless you have a Switch or Xbox One

It's just a 12-hour movie explaining exactly everything that has happened in a coherent and easy-to-understand manner. Not the actual cutscenes because no would understand those.
At the end of it all, you are just more confused than at first.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
>you will never have a Gerudo gf to take down the Yiga clan with you

why live

But yeah it's cool how the Gerudo women actually react to a Yiga ambush.
Almost two years of this game being alive and I’ve never seen this before...wow

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
You guys change your avatars a lot, huh?

I can't really change mine, I like her too much. :)
some change their avis bi-daily, some change it every week, some go through a different one in a month, others never change their avis, or keep the original image but modify it slightly

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
some change their avis bi-daily, some change it every week, some go through a different one in a month, others never change their avis, or keep the original image but modify it slightly
Lot more than slightly, I'd say.

Today's aside.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm quite fond of this avatar, so I'll probably leave it up for a while. plus it might get people interested in Etrian Odyssey if they like the art

Would be pretty cool if I could find art of something like Forrest as a Witch in time for Halloween, though. I know I've seen something like that somewhere plus I edited my Fates save file to make him one, so I could just screenshot that

D

Deleted member

I change my avatar every two weeks or so to just whatever I'm currently in the mood for(sometimes there are exceptions like how I changed to the current one after a day of Baby Grim). Don't think I ever reused an avatar though, but I may go back to some I really liked.
I plan to change to something more halloween style as it approaches, even if Hilda is basically Gravity Falls+Over The Garden Wall, she doesn't exactly convey "yup, that's halloween" :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I change my avi whetever I feel like it, there is no real pattern with me, tho, I try to stay with one I really like for as long as I can.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got 17 on that quiz. Somewhat surprised. Those questions were and frankly a few of them I’ve never had anything like that happen. Especially like that relationship one. My friends never go into that topic and I would t pry. I respect boundaries.

Other than that I can see how I’m thick headed and yeah it’s true. Although I’d consider it more strong willed. I’ve been through a lot so at this point it’s hard for someone to really get to me. I have empathy for sure but I don’t do stuff like day dream like that quiz asked. Usually too busy haha.

D

Deleted member

So just so everyone knows, the emotional quiz is a bunch of hogwash anyway. Granted, I'm not sure if what exactly it's a measurement of, I know it says "emotional type" but it seems much more like Empathy Quotient. In that case, lower is less emphatically and higher is more empathetic. Anyone below 30 would be diagnosed with autism. Not like it actually emulates an actual Empathy Quotient anyway. And even if it did, these kinds of scalings tend to be unreliable anyway.
Ahem?

I mean, everyone without autism IRL views me differently.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
xD OK, I didn't saw this one coming! So instead of fire, this thing throws chanclas voladoras at her enemies? And what the heck does she has in her other hand? A cup of elote with some sort of chicken leg sticking out or an orchata?
Mario gonna get the huarache :denzel:
Es un vaso de elote, no se porque tiene una pata de pollo xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom