• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a question for you LGBTQ folk.

Let's say there's a character in a show or whatever that is trans.

They are trans for most of the series and are working towards eventually surgery.

Then one time in the show, the character is given the sex that they identified as with via magic. This would make the character very happy and confident.

Would the community see that as erasure or a good thing for the character?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Dragon Quest 9 needs to be remade for the Switch so I can play it again in... HD.
I remember the days back when the game first came out, where I got my friends to buy the game and we would join up with each other to help in boss fights or quests that required a certain skill to be used a bunch of times. Those were good times.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

They are trans for most of the series and are working towards eventually surgery.

Then one time in the show, the character is given the sex that they identified as with via magic. This would make the character very happy and confident.

I’d say it’s a good thing cause deep down if you were trans and felt you should be the opposite gender. Literally everyone would want to use magic to become the opposite gender if it were possible. I know I would.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Depends on the kind of show and most importantly, the writing. Like, if kids are part of the audience and it's a fantasy setting you can do dumb **** like "The princess was cursed to have a boy's body" which an old cartoon apparently did. If it's handled as "Now she's finally a real girl!" then it's instantly trash and proves the writers have no idea what they're actually talking about
Welp.

There's only one way this ends.

Someone go find the "pleasure myself with this fish" bit.
I posted it literally 3 pages ago

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I remember the days back when the game first came out, where I got my friends to buy the game and we would join up with each other to help in boss fights or quests that required a certain skill to be used a bunch of times. Those were good times.
I never got to play it with friends so if they updated it for the Switch I’d get my chance.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Depends. I could consider it a good thing for the character if throughout the series, they were working towards it. If it was something like a relative of the character or another character trying to convince them to go through something and the character was unsure when they chose and they chose out of just doing it for the other person, I feel it would be rather weak if there's hardly any build-up or the decision happened quickly or etc.

That being said, I could've swore there was an actual anime that had a character who was a boy, but identified as a girl, but than in an OVA or something, actually got transformed to a girl. The character was purple-haired and long-haired.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

As long as that character is written good, I wouldn’t care

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

all that matters to me is is the character isnt crap

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ
See what I said above. :p
NO
I'm surprised you like Richter more considering he relies on inputs to get around. Though if you do know those inputs, yeah, he's pretty fun. Also, most bosses easily die to Hydro Storm. You should try out the other metroidvania CV games sometimes, they improve upon SotN, since well, it's the first one. So pretty much the DS games or Aria of Sorrow on the GBA would be pretty good to try out. I already gave you info on this
Richter only has two inputs though, the spinning whip thingy and super jump, the latter is super simple and the former has the exact same command as Alucard's Hell Blaze which is, like, my #1 most used spell. Besides, slide kick is super fun :p

I do plan on trying out the other games in the series eventually, SotN was just my top priority because of Alucard.
I actually want to try out SCIV first though simply for the directional whiping lol

D

Deleted member

Magic as analogous to SRS could work, it's actually something I've been trying to do in a oure fantasy setting, but if the magic is "the only solution" for them to be seen as a "real girl/boy" then I'd trash it right away.
Depends. I could consider it a good thing for the character if throughout the series, they were working towards it. If it was something like a relative of the character or another character trying to convince them to go through something and the character was unsure when they chose and they chose out of just doing it for the other person, I feel it would be rather weak if there's hardly any build-up or the decision happened quickly or etc.

That being said, I could've swore there was an actual anime that had a character who was a boy, but identified as a girl, but than in an OVA or something, actually got transformed to a girl. The character was purple-haired and long-haired.
EDIT: Goddamnit boards
https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/c3ec147b281129a44708626ffed65ea21_9469.PNG
EDIT 2:
c3ec147b281129a44708626ffed65ea21_9469.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You're thinking of 10. Which is Japan only.
9 is for the DS, with customizable characters. You can play locally with friends though.
No that’s 10. 9 is the ds one where your party is entirely customizable. Their clothing is exactly what you equip them with, and you decide when you make them what their face, hair, skin colour, height will be
oooh that sounds Sexy, Id love to play that

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well tomorrow will be the 2nd and possibly/more than likely final episode of Telltale’s Walking Dead story...oh god...

D

Deleted member

Obligatory language warning but...
https://youtu.be/fxb6yzOYF_Q
Mod edit: If the video has language that is censored on Smashboards, then post the link only. Do NOT embed the video.
I'm the second guy

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is the single best attention to detail in video games, nothing will ever top it.

Gonna spend at least 5 hours doing this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is the single best attention to detail in video games, nothing will ever top it.

Gonna spend at least 5 hours doing this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Sora really is a bully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom