• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Hmm, have you try to read a book? Some people do that to sleep
not really no :V

tbh i haven't read a hard bind book that wasn't an instruction book or guide or dictionary or how to do something in a long time

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
not really no :V

tbh i haven't read a hard bind book that wasn't an instruction book or guide or dictionary or how to do something in a long time
Haha, me neither tbh, I guess reading something would help, not necesseraly a book, but a story your like on the internet or even a manga.

In any case, I hope you the best.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Haha, me neither tbh, I guess reading something would help, not necesseraly a book, but a story your like on the internet or even a manga.

In any case, I hope you the best.
ooooooooooooooh

in which case i've been reading manga since 1 am my time :V which in eastern time would be 4 am

and meh just a bad day for sleep for katt i guess :V do got work but i'm kinda good to pull pointless all nighters, i'll just crash when i get off work

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I think we may have our reason why we aren't getting Final Fantasy VIII on the Switch.
https://twinfinite.net/2018/09/square-enix-final-fantasy-viii/

So not only does Square Enix want to forget that game ever existed, but the original PlayStation 1 code for the game is lost. They reverse-engineered Final Fantasy VII, but they sure as hell won't do it for VIII.
It was still on the PSN for the PS3. I purchased it on that system.

FF8 is getting erased from history lol.

D

Deleted member

What exactly is wrong with FFVIII?
From what I could tell, Final Fantasy VIII seems like the most polarizing entry in the franchise - even more so than XIII - and Square Enix just doesn't have that much faith in the IP to put actual money into it. They've done it for VII and IX, because they're fantastic games, and some people even say 9 is better than 7.

I, myself, never played the game, but I've heard that it isn't as good as the other Final Fantasies. Most notably its' battle system.

D

Deleted member

From what I could tell, Final Fantasy VIII seems like the most polarizing entry in the franchise - even more so than XIII - and Square Enix just doesn't have that much faith in the IP to put actual money into it. They've done it for VII and IX, because they're fantastic games, and some people even say 9 is better than 7.

I, myself, never played the game, but I've heard that it isn't as good as the other Final Fantasies. Most notably its' battle system.
It's still incredibly dumb to do something like this but it's not like SE is known for treating its IPs with respect.

D

Deleted member

It's still incredibly dumb to do something like this but it's not like SE is known for treating its IPs with respect.
Right, we are talking about the company that made literally three ****ing Final Fantasy XIII games after all.

YIKES.png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Right, we are talking about the company that made literally three ****ing Final Fantasy XIII games after all.

View attachment 165878
Also the same company who lost the code of the original KH and made a glitch that could make the final boss of KH2 impossible on higher difficulty (don't know if this have been fix), along with the PS4 version having a glitch that made the game freeze before you could save you game. (I think this one got fix? Not sure honestly)

That along many others exemple, SE really doesn't seem to care about their older games if there isn't enough fan backlash, I mean, remember the Chrono Trigger port on PC when it first came out? Now most of the problems have been fixed, but good lord....it looked awful.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The proper answer is it tried to follow up FFVII.

Other than that, its plot was a confusing soap opera mess, its primary protagonist was all of Cloud's edginess and angst with nearly all the redeeming qualities stripped, a sort of tempering revamp of magic that wasn't well received...and it had to follow up FFVII.

But in the process we also got Laguna, who I maintain is one of the best deuteragonists of the PSX era FF games (with by far the best theme). And the art direction was pretty on point. And honestly I thought combat, and even most of the story, was fine. Triple Triad might even be divisive I suppose but I was fond of that too.

Short version though its big sin was not being as good as what came before or after. It was FFXIII before FFXIII happened, they just didn't double down the first time.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The biggest FF letdown for me will always be X-2. Ruined such an amazing ending and was there to cash in on X's financial success.

Funny because as the years have gone by I grew to dislike X-2 more and more.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Masatsugu Saito drew the most wholesome image of Haze/Fan la Norne I've ever seen!

Look at how much of a cinnamon roll she is!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I think for the most part, the problems people have with it come down to the fact that it's one of the least conventional games in the series, throwing out basically everything people liked about FF7 before it. I myself liked that it tried to be different instead of just sticking to the same old formula, but that usually doesn't sit quite so well with most people.

To give an example: One big thing is the system of drawing and junctioning spells - basically, the game has no such thing as MP or learning spells, instead you draw spells from enemies, and can then either cast those, or equip ("junction") them to stats to boost them. Problem is that drawing spells is really tedious and you'll probably spend more time doing that in any given battle than actually fighting, especially if you want to collect enough powerful spells to get the biggest stat boosts. It also means that casting magic is kind of pointless, since you're casting from the stock you're using to boost your stats, which obviously means your stats go down as you use magic - just get your physical attack high enough and use that instead. Basically you end up with little variety in battles beyond drawing spells, attacking, and occasionally using summons. The actual numbers behind junctioning are a bit silly, too - very early on you can get 99 Curaga and junction them to everyone's HP, giving you like 4000 HP in disc 1 and making it near impossible to actually die to anything until about late in disc 3.

The story comes in for a lot of criticism too. It's basically a really convoluted mess, especially towards the end - the actual ending scene is basically a complete mindscrew and I've yet to meet anyone who actually made any real sense out of it (at least not without getting into spoilers). There's also Squall himself - most people don't like him being moody and highly introverted (I personally found him much more interesting than Cloud, but I didn't like Cloud at all so that doesn't say much).

I still like the game better than FF7 despite all its flaws, so I'm really disappointed at how it constantly gets short shrift while FF7 hogs all the limelight. I'd say it's the more deserving of a remake - it has some good ideas in theory, that just need some refining to make them work better (or just work, in some cases).

Also, as Red pointed out, Laguna exists and brings with him his glorious battle theme, which is one of the best tracks in the entire series:
The whole soundtrack is pretty good, Uematsu was on fire when he was working on this game.

This post is probably a bit of a mess and not as informative as I'd like it to be, but I'm on mobile and it's hard for me to type something like this on a phone. So it'll just have to do for now. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just don't get Square Enix, they seem incredibly tone-deaf and disrespectful to their own games yet they still make quality ones.
Chrono Trigger was left to rot for all eternity with the exception of really bad ports every once in a while.
Most classic FF titles got 2D ports that completely ruin the games' artstyle by making them look like a cheap mobile shovelware game and godawful menus
FFVI_iOS_Battle.png

FFXIII was received so negatively yet they still made 3 ****ing games out of it
FFXV having goddamn story DLC, like, it was free but it was content added in the MIDDLE of the story like cutscenes. They didn't have the goddamn story ready for release.
They severely underestimated Octopath Traveler's demand and undershipped so they sent out more of it and IT STILL WASN'T ENOUGH HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE FAITH IN YOUR OWN ****ING BIG SWITCH RELEASE

And I'm sure there's more, I'm not familiar with KH and TWEWY to know what they did with it

But... somehow... they still manage to hit gold, TWEWY, Bravely Default and Octopath were all really well received and are really good games and hey, the former IS getting a Switch port that isn't just tacked on. And KH3 is looking good too and they did listen to the various complaints of FFXIV so what's the deal? Why do they end up just shoving their old titles aside as if they meant nothing?
People may complain about companies like Nintendo pandering to nostalgia but hey, at least that shows Nintendo still cares about their old games enough to acknowledge and bother to preserve their codes to rerelease them in the future.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh yeah, I'm surprised no one has been talking about it here yet, but it looks that new Gen 8 Pokemon that we're getting in Pokemon Let's Go has been leaked!

Yep, someone datamined Pokemon Go in the most recent network traffic, and this is what he found:

Yes, this is what was found in the datamine, and it's already becoming controversial for fans. It's looking to be that Gen 8 Pokemon we're getting in Let's Go. Even Serebii reported on it.

When I look at it, I'm reminded of the Microsoft Paperclip for some reason. I think it has something to do with the eye. In actuality, it looks more like a cog with an eye and Ditto's body.

Thoughts? Do you think it's real? First impressions?

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Also, as Red pointed out, Laguna exists
I swear if they'd made him the FFVIII protagonist instead we'd all be looking at each other laughing to ourselves like "what the ****'s a Cloud."

But we can't have nice things.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hasn't gamefreak learned that fans don't like the "ordinary object but a living thing" pokemon? I mean consistently pokemon like Garbordor or Klefkie are not liked due to being boring to fans.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Masatsugu Saito drew the most wholesome image of Haze/Fan la Norne I've ever seen!

Look at how much of a cinnamon roll she is!
Man, this image is piercing my heart!

I'm so sorry, but not really at the same time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Based on what I’m reading about Final Fantasy and Square Enix they hate FF8, want it wiped out from history Thanos style, and we should all be grateful for Nintendo still loving the past while also trying to focus on modern times

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hasn't gamefreak learned that fans don't like the "ordinary object but a living thing" pokemon? I mean consistently pokemon like Garbordor or Klefkie are not liked due to being boring to fans.
It really depends on the thing.

Garbodor and Klefki are fine. So is Dhelmise. And Aegislash is ****ing great.

But then there's Klinklang.

And this potentially new whatsis.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Based on what I’m reading about Final Fantasy and Square Enix they hate FF8, want it wiped out from history Thanos style, and we should all be grateful for Nintendo still loving the past while also trying to focus on modern times
I mean they don't pretend it didn't exist at all like Nintendo tried to do with K Rool before Ultimate. The Dissidia games for instance has plenty of VIII content. Laguna, Rinoa, and Squall are in it.

Yeah I don't personally hate thr pokemon I just know when the masses complain about pokemon they are usually the first things mentioned. I love Honedge and Aegislash. Plus Vanillite is great despite being just an ice cream cone to some fans.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean they don't pretend it didn't exist at all like Nintendo tried to do with K Rool before Ultimate. The Dissidia games for instance has plenty of VIII content. Laguna, Rinoa, and Squall are in it.
I wouldn’t say Nintendo pretended K Rool didn’t exist, more so they let Retro decide on whether or not K Rool should be in their DKC games (they’ve had references to him here and there, but not straight up forgotten like Square is probably gonna do to FF8)...though they probably wish they could’ve forgotten how amazing if a singer he is

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I'm surprised no one has been talking about it here yet, but it looks that new Gen 8 Pokemon that we're getting in Pokemon Let's Go has been leaked!

Yep, someone datamined Pokemon Go in the most recent network traffic, and this is what he found:

Yes, this is what was found in the datamine, and it's already becoming controversial for fans. It's looking to be that Gen 8 Pokemon we're getting in Let's Go. Even Serebii reported on it.

When I look at it, I'm reminded of the Microsoft Paperclip for some reason. I think it has something to do with the eye. In actuality, it looks more like a cog with an eye and Ditto's body.

Thoughts? Do you think it's real? First impressions?
I'm just trying to figure out what exactly it is and what's up with its slimy body.

Hey, Klinklang is great, don't diss on it.

If we wanna talk about bad inanimate objects though, then we really need to talk about Electrode

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
honestly up to personal taste :V

i mean the three guys from the first gen, magnemite and evolutions, voltorb and evolutions, and the mother****ing eggs/seeds eggecute are well loved (well the first two more than the last one but still)

the gen 4 peeps don't get any slack at all, probs cause they don't really resemble that much of regular objects

gen 5 did kinda break the barrier for some peeps, with the living garbage and the gears and the ice cream, i like both of them really, still don't like the ice cream, would also like to remember lit wick is a candle, lampet is a lamp, and chandelure is a ****ing chandelier, and that tree is ****ing awesome

gen 6 hit it great with kefliki being a ****ing monster, and the sword guys too are badass

gen 7 introduce us to a living sandcastle, which is pretty neat, and a anchor....which...uh...sucks ya

but still out of them all i can only call 2 of them i hate, thats pretty damn good and think it'll still work good as a concept as long as they do well with the pokemon

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You want a game that didn't forget about VIII?

Cause there's one that didn't forget about any damn thing.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Square is trying to erase FF8 from Final Fantasy history.

It is one of the first installments to get a new character in DLC for Dissida.

And one of the only three at the moment to have 3 cast members in this giant crossover.

4 if you count the fact you can make Ultimecia look like Edea.

They're not trying to erase an entire installment from history. Get real.

D

Deleted member

Square is trying to erase FF8 from Final Fantasy history.

It is one of the first installments to get a new character in DLC for Dissida.

And one of the only three at the moment to have 3 cast members in this giant crossover.

4 if you count the fact you can make Ultimecia look like Edea.

They're not trying to erase an entire installment from history. Get real.
How does that make it any better? And they literally said they want to forget FFVIII ever existed, how is that not erasing it from FF history?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ignoring Muk and other objects as pokemon in gen 1 like they never happend

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How does that make it any better? And they literally said they want to forget FFVIII ever existed, how is that not erasing it from FF history?
You can't be erasing something if your actions in FF crossovers states directly otherwise.

If they wanted FF8 gone? Squall wouldn't be in Kingdom Hearts.

They wouldn't bother adding more and more content from said game into the most massive of FF crossovers, etc, etc.

They don't want 8 gone. It's easy for a company like Square to erase something if they really wanted.

However their actions elsewhere say otherwise.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Ignoring Muk and other objects as pokemon in gen 1 like they never happend
As stated I don't personally have anything against the pokemon I mentioned I actually like quite a few of the object pokemon. I just know a lot of fans can get upset by seeing those pokemon.
I'll just post this I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom