• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I haven't been accused.

But I make people uncomfortable just working there.
I tell you, there's some weird gender politics when it comes to professions involving children. I wanted to be a primary school teacher at one point, but apparently was warned I'd be seen as suspicious due to merely being a guy who wanted to work with kids since it's a female dominated area?

What the frick?

Ah well; now I work as a Graphic Designer that does cartoon and activity packs for kids anyway. Best of luck to you Swamp. Nasty bit of business there.

Chrono.

My last 15 or so minutes

Me: *getting a drink*
Dad, alarmingly: WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEG?!?
Me: lol what do you mean what happened to my l-- *my left shin is all covered in blood somehow*
Me: Well ****

Chrono.

You aight?

Any idea how that happened?
It was just from a tiny cut (probably because I've been playing with kittens recently), I just tend to bleed like I got shot for some reason. Most of the times I notice right away, other times stuff like this happens lol.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I've never been more insulted in my life.

My supervisor at the daycare I work at said some parents had asked if I would be alone with their kids when I get promoted. Apparently some parents think I might be suspect.

Some are expected to pull out their kids cause of me. Not due to my behavior, but because of something they fear I might be.

I haven't done anything wrong. Daycare knows that are gonna take steps so that I don't get accused like giving me an aide at all times but still....

I've never been more insulted in my life. I'm really hurt.
I haven't been accused.

But I make people uncomfortable just working there.

what the ****?
i mean...what the hell?
****ing why?

i don't have much to say other than thats just ****ing stupid...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I'd really like to see in Smash is, in Classic Mode, Master Hand and Crazy Hand begin the fight cracking their knuckles.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

My supervisor at the daycare I work at said some parents had asked if I would be alone with their kids when I get promoted. Apparently some parents think I might be suspect.

Some are expected to pull out their kids cause of me. Not due to my behavior, but because of something they fear I might be.

I haven't done anything wrong. Daycare knows that are gonna take steps so that I don't get accused like giving me an aide at all times but still....

That's really crappy, but regrettably not all that surprising.

While not quite to the same extent, I was kinda subjected to this double standard when I worked for that special needs school a while back.

I was asked on multiple occasions to assist with taking some of the kids to the toilet, but I was never expected to play the active role of changing the diaper or anything. I was either asked to guard the door in case the child tried to make a run for it (it happens, trust me), pass things to the lady doing the changing and what not, or carry a full diaper to the appropriate bins. Granted, I didn't have the actual qualifications to be doing the changing regardless and it's not something I would like to have to do either, but I did notice it was always the female SNAs who were tasked with those kinds of things and I think even if I had the qualifications, I would be prohibited from doing that kind of job just for being a guy.

I can understand in the case of the girls, but if you're gonna apply a "SNAs only help kids of the same sex in the toilet" rule, it should be universal.

Though again, personally, it was sort of a blessing in disguise. It's not something I'd enjoy doing so I'm glad I didn't have to handle that aspect of the job.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

People are less trusting with their kids with grown men. We're sort of hard wired that way. You seem like a good dude though. Though plenty of predators are also women(notably those who DO work in schools or with kids, while many male ones don't or work in churches given all the catholic priest jokes and drama).

I'm not sure how you'll turn that around, but all you can do is try to stick to yourself and defend yourself against their BS.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Yikes. I feel for you, man. There isn't much worse of a feeling than being misjudged not for who you are, but for what others assume you must be.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
When I tell people "We live in a sad day and age where its ok to be racist to white people and sexist to men", Im sure they think im kidding but im really not
so like, people at the daycare assuming swamp sensei is some sort of predator is obviously ****ed, but this weird white victimhood narrative you're trying to spin isn't helpful

like the implication that people would be less suspicious of him if he were black is uh, very optimistic

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
When I tell people "We live in a sad day and age where its ok to be racist to white people and sexist to men", Im sure they think im kidding but im really not
Yeah it's crazy how little empathy or how little perspective people have for one another now a days. I've faced some racism from white people and other black people alike(though luckily for me, nothing as bad as the Civil Rights era or before, just your standard judgments based on appearance.), so I know how that **** is. I mean, I'm not ignorant of the world around me, but I refuse to stoop to their level in any serious manner and hate someone based solely on their ethnicity or their sex.

But ignorant people don't care. They just want to feel right or impose their views on others.

These people don't understand racism either. It doesn't usually work from "I don't understand these "blanks" or that they are scared of "blanks", rather that they think they know another race, almost like an animal that can't break any habits, that a certain group of people can't help but to be a certain way. Seriously, it's crazy how deep that particular well goes.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
so like, people at the daycare assuming swamp sensei is some sort of predator is obviously ****ed, but this weird white victimhood narrative you're trying to spin isn't helpful

like the implication that people would be less suspicious of him if he were black is uh, very optimistic
Well this is coming from another black person, me. I dont like annnyyone getting wronged in anyway for any reason

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I had a long day today.
time to crash until tomorrow i guess

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
THIS IS THE CULMINATION OF YEARS OF VOCAL TRAINING

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Chrono.

After that prologue, this was a pretty satisfying boss fight lol. Especially because I didn't die (well, Mia did, but it was in the same turn I won.)

Golden Sun (UE) [!]_98.png

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
just tell me when dr. mario nes online is a thing so i can school y'all

1514786454729.jpg

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well everything really. Nintendo’s online but also the man babies complaining about it.
I've been summoned.

That's some ****ed up ****, and I'm sorry it's happening.

You're a good man. Know that, fam. And if the parents out there can't see that, **** em.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Dunno if people here are following Lets Go Pokemon but Serebii released a news update today after playing the game and it actually sounds kind of promising.

One of the big complaints from before was that you had to have a type advantage to challenge the Gym Leader. I guess that's been addressed or it was miscommunicated, because you only need the type advantage to enter the gym the first time. Any other times, including the time you challenge the leader, you don't need the type advantage. So you can catch that Oddish, use it as the key to open the gym, then throw Oddish in the box and try to Pikachu solo it.

Also your partner Eevee/Pikachu has super inflated stats which (and this is pure speculation) might mean they can't evolve.

Abilities and held items are also gone.

...I don't know if this is a step backwards or not but I'm glad the gym complaint has been addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom