• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Man nothing makes me feel more deflated than getting excited for Spider-Man. Swinging through the streets was fun, and then ****ing hell I got to Fisk and I can not beat him. The first part was easy but then like 6 dudes show up and then I lose instantly.

**** I think I’m getting worse at video games as I get older. :(
Maybe you should just outright retire from video games.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I kinda want there to be no Smash info in the direct so I can laugh at all the people who thought there was going to be some. IMO, not every direct should have info on Smash, since I feel like it takes some attention away from other titles and makes it so that some people only sit through the whole direct just for a new character or two. Nintendo's got a lot more to offer than just Smash. But I don't know, is this petty of me?

Chrono.

I kinda want there to be no Smash info in the direct so I can laugh at all the people who thought there was going to be some. IMO, not every direct should have info on Smash, since I feel like it takes some attention away from other titles and makes it so that some people only sit through the whole direct just for a new character or two. Nintendo's got a lot more to offer than just Smash. But I don't know, is this petty of me?
Yes it's petty of you.

I get wanting stuff on other games, I do too. But wishing for no Smash info just to laugh at folks who were excited at the prospect seems kinda mean spirited.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Yes it's petty of you.

I get wanting stuff on other games, I do too. But wishing for no Smash info just to laugh at folks who were excited at the prospect seems kinda mean spirited.
Hm, you're right. I guess we're not all perfect.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Want to know a fun fact?

Today marks the 20th anniversary that this Pokemon game was released in Japan:

That's right, it's Pokemon Yellow's 20th anniversary! Want to know the game that originated the concept of following Pokemon behind your back before HGSS expanded on it, or perhaps you want to know which was the game that started the "third version" trend that we've seen in Pokemon games? You can thank Pokemon Yellow for that! I'm sure others have some nostalgic memories about this game.

With Pokemon Let's Go releasing soon, you can tell these games will be released to commemorate Pokemon Yellow's anniversary this year!

Happy 20th birthday, Pokemon Yellow!

Another memorable third version will also be celebrating its milestone anniversary tomorrow too! Yep, in addition to the Nintendo Direct hype that this week has left on us, this week has also been an eventful week for Pokemon!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There were talks at one point for there to be a FE sub-board along with the April Fools joke, but that was around two years ago and it never panned out. IDK

That said I'm not seeing it myself. Is there some sort of glitch on the mobile site?

D

Deleted member

Eh, IDK about the FE thread. I will talk about FEH in this thread all the time.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
There were talks at one point for there to be a FE sub-board along with the April Fools joke, but that was around two years ago and it never panned out. IDK

That said I'm not seeing it myself. Is there some sort of glitch on the mobile site?
Permissions errors means that nobody on the mod or admin team can see the board right now, but the admins are in the process of fixing it now.

this is definitely not a licence for everyone to run in there and start ****posting, I will personally ban you if you do

I was hoping for it to be a surprise, but at this point the cat laguz is very much out of the bag, so oh well.

Last edited:

Chrono.

KingK did a video on The Messenger.

Gonna be watching soon. I've been binging this guy's videos all week and I can't get enough, his retrospective on the Classic Sonic games is what got me in the mood to finally sit down and play 3&K.

D

Deleted member

Can you all calm down please? It is just an error.
Save your excitement for the direct.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man nothing makes me feel more deflated than getting excited for Spider-Man. Swinging through the streets was fun, and then ****ing hell I got to Fisk and I can not beat him. The first part was easy but then like 6 dudes show up and then I lose instantly.

**** I think I’m getting worse at video games as I get older. :(
I gotta take you to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Get your SKILLZ back.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For anyone who played Spider-Man 2, what has the hardest part of the game? For me it was the mission with the 3 mech suit guys. They were some real **** I wasn't ready for at first. But I eventually won so it's all good.

Like that’ll stop anyone.
I wish it would. We can **** post about other games you know. And I do try to bring up other discussions.

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
>be me in 6th grade
>head down to the gym at the school for P.E
>teacher isn't there for some reason >whatever.jpg
>teacher finally walks in 10 minutes late
>starts to explain why
>says he and his wife were pregnant
>start to imagine meathead jock teacher with a baby bump
>laugh a little to myself
>teacher further explains that he and his wife had a miscarriage
>best friend leans over
>"Hey Andrew."
>"What?"
>"Apples"
>begin to lose my ****
>snort trying to stifle laughter as teacher talks about his miscarriage.
>everyone hears, teacher included
>get off scott free
>gets treated like a monster for the rest of the year

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
people on reset gaf seem to believe AC wont cause hype and isnt a big franchise for some reason
It's a big franchise but I actually agree with them in that it won't cause hype. It's just not that kind of game. It also doesn't really cater to the main demographic of Directs.

It deserves time in a Direct if they have something to announce, so if they're saying it doesn't I disagree there. Like it or not, it's a money maker so Nintendo will put it everywhere, and make sure everyone knows it exists. But it's not "hype". It's literally supposed to be a game where you unwind and relax.

Or be reminded of the crippling reality of paying off loans, courtesy of Tom Nook.

Of course the games have their more devout fans but in general it's not something the Direct audience is interested in. Directs are aimed at core gamers. Games with action, adventure, and big epic stories or competitive aspects, or games with big, ambitious ideas - those are the kinds of games people get hyped for and want to see as a focus of the Direct, as well as those featuring beloved characters we grew up with or new characters with a compelling story to tell.

Animal Crossing isn't any of those kinds of games. It's supposed to be a relaxing game anyone can play casually. Most people calmly wait for it to come out, and the majority of sales come from parents buying it on a whim for their kids (or themselves) during the holidays. Even my own mother got into Animal Crossing for a bit when I introduced her to it. But it's not an exciting game. It's a relaxing one, for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom