• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It was a gag post by a Tumblr user named Icarian-Arts. It was not the only one on that theme.

https://icarian-arts.tumblr.com/post/176416832521/im-gonna-draw-larry-the-cucumber-as-chrom-from

They draw lots of cute Mega Man art and OCs I actually like from first glance on (the latter is kind of rare for me TBH), sprinkled in with a bit of, well, it should be obvious LOL.
VeggieTales and Fire Emblem...I can’t believe how much I want a crossover
Jokes on you, we'll just make them start playing FEH
I already play (and if I don’t play I still log in to get orbs)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The moment Venus linked this thread and said "go here for off topic discussion" I knew this thread would get swarmed by the ****posters from there. To which I say: welcome to the Church of Swamp
We'll eventually scare them off :V

Only the strong survive Nintenzone After Dark... which pretty much can happen at any time of the day.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm also Zone D.
Use this site to check
My family is in Zone A so they might have to leave but it seems like I'm probably gonna have to stay put lol
Thanks dude, Yep, we are Zone D.

man, its nice to talk to other Virginia Beach residents. That know your zone site crashed so faster after the Gov told Zone A to leave

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I know this is sudden but uh

Let's have a mini game jam here
Kinda liven up the place

And by that I mean I'll set a prompt and you come up with a game concept

(I need inspiration is what I'm saying and I'm abusing this social thread for that)

Prompt is... uh

I miss Paper Mario. Like, the first two Paper Mario games- that style of fighting. Not that Super Paper Mario is bad, focus.
The battle system is something I kinda miss a lot in other RPGs.

So the prompt is, come up with an RPG with mechanics that would capture the player's attention while playing. Instead of RPGs where you'd just mash A to plow through enemies, come up with a neat mechanic for the RPG.

Feel free to totally ignore me if this is stupid, I've never kinda proposed a thing to a thread before like people tend to do in the other one haha but hey

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Thanks dude, Yep, we are Zone D.

man, its nice to talk to other Virginia Beach residents. That know your zone site crashed so faster after the Gov told Zone A to leave
I noticed. Haha. Hopefully I'm safe to just bunker down. Gotta figure out where to put my car though.

The moment Venus linked this thread and said "go here for off topic discussion" I knew this thread would get swarmed by the ****posters from there. To which I say: welcome to the Church of Swamp
I mean
I'm not exclusively a ****poster

It just so happens that there are so many people in that thread that bring out my sarcasm that it's starting to get hard to differentiate my posts

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Kinda liven up the place

(I need inspiration is what I'm saying and I'm abusing this social thread for that)

Prompt is... uh

I miss Paper Mario. Like, the first two Paper Mario games- that style of fighting. Not that Super Paper Mario is bad, focus.

So the prompt is, come up with an RPG with mechanics that would capture the player's attention while playing. Instead of RPGs where you'd just mash A to plow through enemies, come up with a neat mechanic for the RPG.

Feel free to totally ignore me if this is stupid, I've never kinda proposed a thing to a thread before like people tend to do in the other one haha but hey
I had an idea stuck in my head for a while that whenever a character in your party was having their moves selected or used them in battle an instrument in the battle music would seamlessly shift in order to reflect the leitmotif of the character being focused on, but the last time I mentioned that here the only response I got was that it'd be too annoying.

Granted it's not really a GAMEPLAY mechanic, but technically it's a mechanic and technically the point is to be something unique that would be taken note of.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So for Pyra Pyra ' prompt, an RPG where you have to play pinball that's tied to your inputs. Don't cast that spell yet, wait until the ball hits the right bumper!

On the spot but I think I'd work with some tweaking. Status effects change the table, dropping a ball causes you to lose a turn.

It'd also be fun to have unique tables per enemy type.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Kinda liven up the place

Prompt is... uh

A Sonic RPG with the Paper Mario mechanics.

The special moves are these over-the-top cinematics that have stuff like Sonic running around the world and back again to hit his opponents, or Shadow performing Chaos Control and comboing the enemy, and your performance in the accompanying button mini-game determine the power and success rate of attacks and what not.

Field exploration will basically be a 3D, open-ended Sonic game like the Sonic Utopia and Sonic Islands fan games, but not everyone runs as fast as Sonic. Each character has unique properties and you need specific characters to reach certain areas or accomplish certain tasks (Sonic goes fast so he can make it up large loops and ramps, Tails can fly, Knuckles glide, climb walls, and dig for items and to find hidden tunnels, Blaze can burn things, etc).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

The special moves are these over-the-top cinematics that have stuff like Sonic running around the world and back again to hit his opponents, or Shadow performing Chaos Control and comboing the enemy, and your performance in the accompanying button mini-game determine the power and success rate of attacks and what not.

Field exploration will basically be a 3D, open-ended Sonic game like the Sonic Utopia and Sonic Islands fan games, but not everyone runs as fast as Sonic. Each character has unique properties and you need specific characters to reach certain areas or accomplish certain tasks (Sonic goes fast so he can make it up large loops and ramps, Tails can fly, Knuckles glide, climb walls, and dig for items and to find hidden tunnels, Blaze can burn things, etc).
...OK I'm trying to figure out how much of this is unique and how much is cribbed from Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood and I'm just really not sure.

I mean granted that game obviously wasn't aesthetically flashy just look what it did to the poor Big Arm theme, but if we're saying "Let's do Sonic Chronicles but with actual aesthetics and without Ken Penders and EA ramming it into the ground" it's probably easier just to say that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I had an idea stuck in my head for a while that whenever a character in your party was having their moves selected or used them in battle an instrument in the battle music would seamlessly shift in order to reflect the leitmotif of the character being focused on, but the last time I mentioned that here the only response I got was that it'd be too annoying.

Granted it's not really a GAMEPLAY mechanic, but technically it's a mechanic and technically the point is to be something unique that would be taken note of.
Woah
That sounds like it'd be incredibly pleasing if executed properly. It shouldn't be super abrupt, but if it's seamless then it should be cool as hell

So for Pyra Pyra ' prompt, an RPG where you have to play pinball that's tied to your inputs. Don't cast that spell yet, wait until the ball hits the right bumper!

On the spot but I think I'd work with some tweaking. Status effects change the table, dropping a ball causes you to lose a turn.

It'd also be fun to have unique tables per enemy type.
Pinball RPG, huh? Gives a whole new meaning to "Pinball Wizard". With a little polish it could be super interesting.

I could see it working honestly. It could pull Sonic into an interesting direction even.
I'd definitely play it

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
View attachment 163195

That is one way to look at it.

Oooor.

View attachment 163178

I will first set my team in the following position and maneuver its back against the far wall. In this formation, all four dragons are under the effects of Ward Dragons, Goad Dragons, Spur Def/Res 2, and Drive Res. M!Grima and Nowi get close S Support boosts, while F!Grima and Tiki get their far S Support boosts.

Brief review of the crew:

View attachment 163177

You can import this at https://arcticsilverfox.com/feh_sim/ if you'd like to save the trouble of setting it all up:

Code:
ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST 
Robin(F) (FV) (5*+4 +atk -hp) 
Weapon: Expiration 
Special: Glimmer 
A: Dragonskin 
B: Vantage 3 

Robin(M) (FH) (5*+6 +atk -spd) 
Weapon: Expiration 
Special: Aether 
A: Mirror Stance 2 
B: Vengeful Fighter 3 
C: Ward Dragons 
S: Quickened Pulse 

Tiki(A) (5*+8 +def -res) 
Weapon: Lightning Breath+ 
Special: Bonfire 
A: Steady Breath 
B: Quick Riposte 3 
S: Distant Def 3 
Upgrade Path: 3 

Nowi (5*+8 +res -hp) 
Weapon: Lightning Breath+ 
A: Steady Breath 
B: Swordbreaker 3 
S: Quick Riposte 3 
Upgrade Path: 3

The net effect is that - assuming I don't use Nowi's Rally to tack on some more - the lowest Res you will see in combat is F!Grima, with 37.

And I will do nothing but mash End Turn until you arrive.

Pain+ all you want - the skill does not kill, and either Wrys listed will be unable to do the final damage to finish the job.

If you leave it at that and do the same, we will joyously discover together how many turns it takes to crash FEH.

Attack M!Grima from directly above, and I'll ignore it. Attack either F!Grima or Tiki from the far left or far right sides and I will move the entire formation one square towards the attacker. This maneuver will take priority over others. Eventually this will either pin the assailant to the wall, where I'll be able to destroy them at leisure, or force them to move into one of the diagonal positions directly above.

Strike at any dragon from a diagonal and I will move the entire formation one square over or up to accommodate, putting you in range of two dragons as I do so. One will burn your Miracle charge, the other will snack on the cue ball.

Eventually, if you're wise, you'll be left with one unit directly in front of M!Grima. On the first turn this is the case, I will move F!Grima forward one, Tiki left two, have Nowi rally Tiki, and end. I will chase your remaining baldy with this Dragon Ball formation until the two Grimas are within range to strike him on the same turn.

Hilariously, everything I've just said applies even if either Wrys build is merged to 5*+10

Your final hope will be in your dancers. The sword and dagger dancers will be unable to pierce the dragons' Def - and the lowest Def dragon will Vantage them to dust for their trouble. You will need Summer Festival Micaiah, Dancer Inigo, or Bride Ninian, and whichever you bring, they'll need Watersweep to counter F!Grima. These three may be able to poke through the dragons' Res for one damage with sufficient buffs, merges, or triangle abuse, assuming you've used Pain+ to bring the team to that point. I haven't done that math, it's only a hypothetical - but it's also your only chance.
Okay fine I'll just use Leon like I do for everything
If you remove the stack of Spur/Drive Atk to accommodate for positioning, the only one he has trouble with is Tiki, but it could be reasonably assumed that by the time I'm dealing with her, I'd have my special up anyway.

Basically, I open on whoever I like, get Leon danced out, rinse and repeat until I win, making sure to hit Tiki with the special once that's active. Probably leave male Grima until late on, since his 1 move makes him easier to work around. Simples. :p

I do concede that Wrys would probably have difficulty dealing with such a team given his low Atk, though. He needs at least +10 from Hone/Drive/etc. to even do 1 damage to anyone there, and a lot of work would be needed to chip them down to that point.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...OK I'm trying to figure out how much of this is unique and how much is cribbed from Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood and I'm just really not sure.

I mean granted that game obviously wasn't aesthetically flashy just look what it did to the poor Big Arm theme, but if we're saying "Let's do Sonic Chronicles but with actual aesthetics and without Ken Penders and EA ramming it into the ground" it's probably easier just to say that.
In Sonic Chronicles, if you wanted Sonic to go through a loop, you pressed a prompt and it would automatically make him go through it. Same for any other action like Tails' flying, it's all scripted and only works in specific hotspots.

I'm talking about having mostly full control over everything. Sonic can just run up slopes and loops with physics, Tails can fly whenever he wants, etc.

D

Deleted member

So I came across finishing one skill for Elma in Xenoblade 2, figured I'd post this here instead of the Smash Ultimate thread. Pretty much all I had to do was bring Rex, KOS-MOS, Elma and Shulk to the 7th Perimeter Skyport in the World Tree and it was kinda like a heart-to-heart. There was some dialogue that pretty much eluded to that "there must be another reason aside from the Nopon Archsage's wants we're all gathered."

I don't wanna say it.

But.

I'M JUST SAYING. IT MIGHT BE A HINT. THE DREAM MIGHT BE REAL???

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Kinda liven up the place

Prompt is... uh

I've had a rhythm game combat system concept kicking around for a while now.

There's an energy bar set as your character's turn begins, which depletes in real-time. When it finishes, your turn is over. You have a string of attacks set up in a sort of tree structure, with one of several attacks available depending on the last one you used. Numerous opportunities to refill the bar slight amounts are given, including attacking on the beat, using abilities your opponent is weak to, and the like.

Guarding also exists on the defending player's side, done by successful guard abilities done on the beat (either by the player or the AI) which may also offer their own properties, including reduced damage, slight healing, spike damage, or even a chance to counterattack and begin attacking.

The net result is that battles play out more akin to a performance than traditional turn-based systems, and it's necessary to keep active at all times.

I made a crack about working on something like Tap Battle yesterday. I'm at best a hack coder, but the intent hasn't been a joke since I realized a rhythm game engine would be the first step towards this.

Chrono.

So I came across finishing one skill for Elma in Xenoblade 2, figured I'd post this here instead of the Smash Ultimate thread. Pretty much all I had to do was bring Rex, KOS-MOS, Elma and Shulk to the 7th Perimeter Skyport in the World Tree and it was kinda like a heart-to-heart. There was some dialogue that pretty much eluded to that "there must be another reason aside from the Nopon Archsage's wants we're all gathered."

I don't wanna say it.

But.

I'M JUST SAYING. IT MIGHT BE A HINT. THE DREAM MIGHT BE REAL???
Hell yeah.

Xenogears in XC2 is happening boiiiis.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In Sonic Chronicles, if you wanted Sonic to go through a loop, you pressed a prompt and it would automatically make him go through it. Same for any other action like Tails' flying, it's all scripted and only works in specific hotspots.

I'm talking about having mostly full control over everything. Sonic can just run up slopes and loops with physics, Tails can fly whenever he wants, etc.
HmmmmMMMM. That might potentially solve the issue I have of being unsure whether or not I'd like to see that mechanic reused in a better executed game, but not sure.

But hmmmm.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

There's an energy bar set as your character's turn begins, which depletes in real-time. When it finishes, your turn is over. You have a string of attacks set up in a sort of tree structure, with one of several attacks available depending on the last one you used. Numerous opportunities to refill the bar slight amounts are given, including attacking on the beat, using abilities your opponent is weak to, and the like.

Guarding also exists on the defending player's side, done by successful guard abilities done on the beat (either by the player or the AI) which may also offer their own properties, including reduced damage, slight healing, spike damage, or even a chance to counterattack and begin attacking.

The net result is that battles play out more akin to a performance than traditional turn-based systems, and it's necessary to keep active at all times.

I made a crack about working on something like Tap Battle yesterday. I'm at best a hack coder, but the intent hasn't been a joke since I realized a rhythm game engine would be the first step towards this.
I love it and am totally down for working on some kind of musical RPG

Honestly, I've been jonesing to rough out game ideas which is why I made the prompt in the first place, so if anyone is interested in just kinda roughing together game ideas for fun, maybe I'll make a discord and maybe we can do something with it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm not sure if it's exactly like what you're going for, but The World Ends With You has a rhythm-based combat system, and it's an RPG.

Might be worth checking out the Switch release when it comes out if you want something that might help give you ideas to flesh the concept out.

D

Deleted member

I haven't, I'm in class. I just know that you're an edgelord in denial.

Look at this goddamn design and tell me it isn't edgy

Funny you say that, because Shish's Joshua avatar is probably the edgiest out of all of our avatars.
Joshua ain't edgy tho, he's fabulous
We'll eventually scare them off :V

Only the strong survive Nintenzone After Dark... which pretty much can happen at any time of the day.
Hey, Mythra, what word starts with an F and ends with an A?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I love it and am totally down for working on some kind of musical RPG

Honestly, I've been jonesing to rough out game ideas which is why I made the prompt in the first place, so if anyone is interested in just kinda roughing together game ideas for fun, maybe I'll make a discord and maybe we can do something with it.
For sake of caution I need to walk before I run, and deliver before I overpromise.

Let me see if I can bring this Tap Battle thing to life before I officially join up on any teams, but I might lurk a Discord if provided.

I'm not sure if it's exactly like what you're going for, but The World Ends With You has a rhythm-based combat system, and it's an RPG.

Might be worth checking out the Switch release when it comes out if you want something that might help give you ideas to flesh the concept out.
Oh I've adored TWEWY a long time.
avi_beat_fixed.png

Was planning to grab it again for Switch and play through it and the original for some mix of nostalgia and comparison.

I know its combat system isn't what I'm aiming for, but there are several major chokepoints in my concept that I think studying pins over again may help, so when I get my hands on it again I'll keep it in mind.

Okay fine I'll just use Leon like I do for everything
Bah. Cheater.

Remind me of his stats, I'll math that one up later.

Hi everyone. How is everyone?
I'm ****ing fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom