• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also while on the topic of wonder red:
Alright I’m making a bold prediction here but I think this could actually be the final roster:

not echoes:
1)tails ( easily iconic pick and like I said best money match left)

2) heihachi( was considered in the past. I think he will take no time to make and been mainly done by Namco leading to nintendo to work on other fighters)

3)wonder red ( I think we will learn he’s a sleeper choice from the ballot. And he represents the Wii I era well as a character who has lots of potential but was handled poorly by creators(mainly Nintendo) just like the Wii U.

4) bandanna dee( this is obvious and needs no explanation)

5) Geno(again pretty self explanatory)

6) Incenroar or Tapu Koko. Both make a lot of sense but the former is probably in.

7) Chorus Kids( literally they would take no effort if I had to guess. I’m betting they saved the data from the last game for them for an easy newcomer)

8) Issac.( I’m hit or miss on this but he has the popularity)

9) Sora. I think the madman Sakurai will actually do it. He will ask to appease a lot of fans as a grand finale. On top of this, I actually bet Disney will go all in and help square provide content for them. Sora is such a cash grab and would be great promotion for Disney in general and square. I could see both parties go for this.

10) Banjo. Quite frankly I don’t fully buy it, but I do believe verge is right about Microsoft content. I can’t see that come
without a character.

11) another capcom character. Honestly I could see this with the mh content. It makes me think capcom will go in for another character. I don’t know if it will be the hunter( I doubt it because of them revealing the MH content already) or Phoenix or even Dante. But i think it could happen.

Skull kid( obvious enough)

12) maybe a retro. Again unsure on this but if it happens it’s Mach rider undoubtedly imo.

A few of these characters can definitely be take away but I think they could all see happen one way or another.

Echos:

1) isabelle

2)Shadow

3) Ken

4) Mrs. Pacman

5) Galactica Knight

6) Roxas( again I think Disney will support Sora big time I’m pretty sure Sakurai has mentioned liking Roxas before. So he would be an easy echo and is still pretty popular enough to earn it.)

So thoughts? This isn’t necessary for a base roster although I think it could happen. A few characters could easily be taken out but I listed them anyway. This roster would be big but minus echos it’s less then last smash and only a little only melee and close to brawl( I believe I don’t remember the jump from melee to brawl)
Here’s my prediction on the roster, what’s everyone think?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I call fake because how do you know details for trailers but not gameplay shown in them? Also lol New Super Baby Mario Bros? The 'making baby versions of popular characters' trend died over a decade ago
>Baby Rosalina debuted in 2014, 4 years ago

Yeah but nah that leak sounds fake

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Bloodstained got delayed to 2019 after backer feedback from the demo and the Vita version got canned
Wait, there was still a Vita version in development?

Man this game can still be a 2019 early release though.

Chrono.

Can people stop saying Ultimate has a Heroes vs Villains theme?

I think it's more coincidence than anything. That and the fact many popular characters just happen to be villains, which Smash was lacking of in the first place.
Also while on the topic of wonder red:

Here’s my prediction on the roster, what’s everyone think?
>Tails
>Incineroar
>Shadow
>Skull Kid
>Ken

MAN OF CULTURE
How do you end a direct with two Smash trailers. Is it just gonna double slash the screen?
To be fair, K.Rool got no slash.

I actually almost turned off the direct because I hadn't noticed the screen shaking that teased him lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can people stop saying Ultimate has a Heroes vs Villains theme?

I think it's more coincidence than anything. That and the fact many popular characters just happen to be villains, which Smash was lacking of in the first place.

>Tails
>Incineroar
>Shadow
>Skull Kid
>Ken

MAN OF CULTURE

To be fair, K.Rool got no slash.

I actually almost turned off the direct because I hadn't noticed the screen shaking that teased him lol.
lmao you would have been like me when Samus Returns got announced, I was watching E3 2017 at a friend and left after the presentation, when I got home "Hey Gwen they announced a 2D Metroid, thought you'd want to know" "They what"

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Great, now people can stop harassing the devs about it.

Yeah, harassing devs were definitely a no go. Not to mention port begging.

But to be fair, the devs response about it coming Switch or not was too short by just saying it's not coming to Switch. Now they quickly turned over their wird within this year. And just how did they go the game running on Switch? Chances are they got to have ask another company to port the game.

Chrono.

lmao you would have been like me when Samus Returns got announced, I was watching E3 2017 at a friend and left after the presentation, when I got home "Hey Gwen they announced a 2D Metroid, thought you'd want to know" "They what"
I actually watched Treehouse this year expecting new reveals like last year but we got nothing.

Jebaited.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, harassing devs were definitely a no go. Not to mention port begging.

But to be fair, the devs response about it coming Switch or not was too short by just saying it's not coming to Switch. Now they quickly turned over their wird within this year. And just how did they go the game running on Switch? Chances are they got to have ask another company to port the game.
Developers are not obligated to give any reason at all why their game isn't coming for a specific platform. You buy a system knowing full well that all your favourite games probably won't come to that system. If that system doesn't get all of the games you want, then either too bad, or you go buy another system.

In AHiT's case, they gave a perfectly reasonable explanation in that their game engine wasn't natively supported by the Switch. Don't see how that's "too brief", if it's literally why it isn't coming.

Regardless, they got it all sorted out now. Either someone helped them get UE3 working on Switch, or they rebuilt the game on a new engine altogether (like UE4).

D

Deleted member

All right, I am going to watch Spiderman 2.
I watched Spiderman 2 and 3.
I liked 2 a lot, and 3 was pretty good.
+Dr. Octopus was a pretty good villain. He engaged with Spiderman a lot and threatened him and the people which helped Spiderman develop. That sacrifice he did was not the best but it was something.
+I like the focus on Spiderman trying to win MJ.
+I liked Spiderman saving the train scene. Spiderman's face was a plus and I liked how the public refused to let the doctor get Spiderman, showing that the public was not just "there".

-I was not too much of a fan of Harry in this episode. I do not know why to be honest.
+Spiderman at the end was very enjoyable to watch. I liked how he forgave The Sandman despite him killing his uncle.
+Harry's sacrifice made me appreciate him a lot more. I thought he was going to be some lame Green Goblin echo fighter when the film started.

-I felt like the two main villains did not do enough. Especially Venom.
-I was not a fan of emo Spiderman.
The trilogy in general was quite neat. Disney's Spiderman is already heading through a great start. They made Spiderman more powerful and just as cool to watch, and I like Venom getting his own movie. It gives Venom more growth. Venom's time was just too short in Spiderman 3. I also love that Iron Man helps out Spiderman. Two things I want from Disney are that Spiderman's inside life is explored a lot more, and more scenes showing him saving the public and the public loving Spiderman.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I never understood why this scene got so much hate.

"It made me uncomfortable seeing Peter act like that"

Also it's just a funny scene even without the context.
Sure, Venom was trying to control him, but I do not know.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That dance was wack but I disliked how he was quite different from his character.
Yeah, some people think that was the point (it generally avoids the Evil is Cool trope - warning: TV Tropes can be addicting - and makes you want to see the symbiote removed from him), while others think that was way too cheesy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hate all of these popular "journalist" Twitter accounts that spend their time doing nothing but trying to stir up controversy for games they don't like.

And when you call them out on their BS, all they can do is respond with "no" or "nah".

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I hate all of these popular "journalist" Twitter accounts that spend their time doing nothing but trying to stir up controversy for games they don't like.

And when you call them out on their BS, all they can do is respond with "no" or "nah".
I have kind of a vague instinctual dislike of personalities in this kind of field just on sight but WHEW

My personal confirmation bias schadenfreude on this type of community being a bunch of terrible people aside, is there anyone in particular I should make a point of daintily putting on my block list and never considering giving my time to again?

D

Deleted member

Not Venom, just the symbiote.

Venom is Eddie Brock covered in the stuff. His persona in that form, really.

The symbiote itself is what causes the behavioural changes.
Yes, I know.

I just did not like Spiderman being all emo for some reason. I like a friendly Spiderman.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
My personal confirmation bias schadenfreude on this type of community being a bunch of terrible people aside, is there anyone in particular I should make a point of daintily putting on my block list and never considering giving my time to again?
Eh... from what I understand and have seen, I don't think there's anyone on my mind that I would recommend you block? Unless this includes people who post about fake leaks and such for games just to piss people off or alternatively to just mislead people when it's not actually true, then I might know a few people on Twitter that do that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have kind of a vague instinctual dislike of personalities in this kind of field just on sight but WHEW

It's not that I know of anyone that does that all of the time that I follow or anything, it's just this general persona I see a lot.

Basically just guys who don't run their own website half the time or even a YouTube channel. They just report game news on Twitter all the time and have a following, but because they're not really big professionals or anything, they always throw in unwarranted snark or push some agenda regarding some games for no reason.

And now that I think about about it, the problem exists in a lot of big professional outlets too.

You know what, I guess I just really am getting increasingly jaded with current state of game journalism.

I'm an old man.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The best Spider-Man moments is when he's talking mad trash or when he has to push himself to absurd levels of strength he never knew he had. And he can even brood with the best of them too, like Batman and Daredevil. He's one of the GOATs.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Reddit hasn't been loading for a while for me.

Are they getting DDoS'd or something?

D

Deleted member

Wait what is going to be in CYL2? I heard it was Celica and Hector.

I am quite prepared and I am getting a lot of orbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So this weekend's Spoon vs Fork Splatfest will marks Splatoon 2's 16th North American Splatfest. One more Splatfest and we'll officially have more Splatfests than what Splatoon 1 got.

And I'm proud of what I've done for this Splatoon doodle.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Mfw I found out 2 days after the wedding that one of the bridesmaids thought I was cute.

We aren’t related before anyone says something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My plans for CYL2:

- Get Celica for free
- Ignore the rest and continue saving for Silque, Lena, Valbar, and Julian