• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've been on this website for four and a half years...

I've been a moderator on here for two and a half...

Hot damn that makes me feel old.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Finally beat Castlevania 3 and wow this game is one of the most frustrating games I have ever played, thank goodness for save states. Good luck to you, Shish!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, while I like the Classic Mega Man games well enough (though I've only played a few), I'm much more of an X fan and in general, that set of characters and lore feels much better suited to a comic book adaptation.

One reason why I really liked Maverick Hunter X on the PSP was because it expanded upon the first game's lore, even including the 20 minute Day of Sigma OVA as a prequel to the game.
I still like the original Mega Man X more. But it was far from a bad remake. It also had the best voice acting for a Mega Man game, for what it's worth.

"I'll finish this! Right here! Right now! I WILL DEFEAT YOU SIGMA!" Was the coolest line in the game.

Now Mega Man Powered Up is the most overlooked and underrated remake of them if you ask me. Fixed so much, and added so much more, while also offering an experience more like the original too.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well, I finished Rondo of Blood, doing all levels including the alternative ones. Man, some of the ways of unlocking the secret levels is really one. One of them I stumbled upon by complete accident, which was a delight.
Really great game by the way. It's classic vania, but with QoL stuff like IV. Though without 8 directional whipping. The music is excellent and honestly one the game's strongest trait. The music is really uplifting and imo inspires you to get through the tough challenges the game throws at you, its like the music is rooting for you to succeed. Not to mention you always want to groove to it, it helps Richter can moonwalk. :p The game includes cutscenes that range from "Really cool" (like the opening) to "Bad, but in a campy fun way" One of the highlights for example is that Dracula is voiced none-other by Patrick Seitz in this game. He always delivers when it comes to epic voices. Some don't like the more "anime"-esque style of Rondo, but I honestly prefer it. It has a lot of personality and charm to it. I find SotN's style a little too drab, but Rondo's is bright and lively. Richter feels great to control, I've never felt that any of the challenges were the games fault, but rather they were my own. Richter compared to other protagonists of the series, has one main trick up his sleeve in this game, the backflip. Its a nice new trick that doesn't make the game easier or anything, but rather gives you another way to dodge certain attacks, and man is it satisfying to do! Especially when you dodge one of the many bosses attacks with it. Overall, its a great game if you have a way to play it whether it be through the Wii U virtual Console, the version included in the remaster on the PSP or other methods.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Well if you're old then i'm old to since I joined literally 8 days before you lol.

We're pretty much senior citizens on this forum now.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Kinda feels weird that I joined before a mod, not gonna lie. maybe it's because i'm so young

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wow, a number of people are blindly listening to Marcus Sellars' claims that a more powerful Switch is coming next year.

:rolleyes:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow, a number of people are blindly listening to Marcus Sellars' claims that a more powerful Switch is coming next year.

:rolleyes:
Regardless of what he's saying, I think one will come next year anyway. 2020 at the latest.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Surprised no one has made a "Reggie announces Switch 2" meme.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Doubtful.

Can the technology even afford it without it being problematic?
If Nintendo wants the Switch to live for as long as they want it to, they will have to bring a New Switch like they did the 3DS. The first parties aren't really the reason, nor is it the fact that it's severely underpowered, but it's the third party multiplatforms that will make it an issue. New hot titles may not be able to port well to the Switch without it looking like Call of Duty on the Wii. If they want to stand their ground, they will have to make a newer model of the system. Perhaps with some fixes that are needed, such as the dock's terrible ventilation.

I'd give it 4 years like the 3DS. It probably will happen since they want the Switch to last for so long. I'd say it'd be best for Nintendo to keep the Switch until the next next generation before they should probably try to pull back with stronger hardware. Times are showing that the whole "gaming for casuals" fad has gone off to other platforms like mobile, as the DS and Wii were in eras where it wasn't fully accessible or as big at the time.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If Nintendo wants the Switch to live for as long as they want it to, they will have to bring a New Switch like they did the 3DS. The first parties aren't really the reason, nor is it the fact that it's severely underpowered, but it's the third party multiplatforms that will make it an issue. New hot titles may not be able to port well to the Switch without it looking like Call of Duty on the Wii. If they want to stand their ground, they will have to make a newer model of the system. Perhaps with some fixes that are needed, such as the dock's terrible ventilation.

I'd give it 4 years like the 3DS. It probably will happen since they want the Switch to last for so long. I'd say it'd be best for Nintendo to keep the Switch until the next next generation before they should probably try to pull back with stronger hardware. Times are showing that the whole "gaming for casuals" fad has gone off to other platforms like mobile, as the DS and Wii were in eras where it wasn't fully accessible or as big at the time.
I'm thinking that, if they release another Switch, it won't be a straight up new console. Maybe just an upgraded version with some new features, kinda like what the DS lite and DSi were.

D

Deleted member

You really got to think, the Switch was still a huge success.
It would just make people a little angrier if they made a new Switch in just two years from a span. The Switch can still handle graphics well.
Plus Nintendo fans never really cared about graphics too much.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm thinking that, if they release another Switch, it won't be a straight up new console. Maybe just an upgraded version with some new features, kinda like what the DS lite and DSi were.
The New 3DS (you also forgot the Gameboy Advance SP cause backlight) is exactly like that as well, not an entirely new console. I agree.

It would just make people a little angrier if they made a new Switch in just two years from a span. The Switch can still handle graphics well.
A lot of them care about graphics. Not to the extent that you need to buy a real ****ing expensive GTS 1080 to bear any game, but to the extent that it's obviously underpowered but it'll still look good when it comes to first parties. The concern I think still comes around for multiplatforms though, since it'll obviously be downgraded.

I'd still give it four years, because I don't doubt Nintendo would pull something like that. Like how the 360 went from white to black, the Wii had a similar upgraded model, but it wasn't a straight upgrade.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It took 17 months for a second DS model to appear and no one gave a **** about it.

What are you talking about? We defintely care about graphics.

We just don't care that the resources outdated because Nintendo can make gorgeous stuff with it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zeligus is a top tier and all, but for me he is so easy to beat.
Quite underwhelming.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My thing about the Switch is that the dock means Nintendo doesn't actually have to release a full-blown new system for a while.

They can just make incremental upgrades that run more advanced games or at least, less compromised versions of third party games. And run first party Nintendo games at increased resolutions and frame rates. Making upgraded systems with the Tegra X2, maybe even NVIDIA Xavier, and any other similar GPUs down the line, would be pretty easy for them to do, along with CPU and RAM upgrades.

The fact of the matter is that the Switch releasing as a mid-gen console (and closer to the launch of Sony and Microsoft's next systems than the release of the current ones) puts it in an awkward position if Nintendo waits until they come up with a full on new system with the next big idea. Third party games are going to want to take full advantage of the new systems and it will become increasingly harder for them to make low-end Switch ports.

However, if Nintendo treats the Switch like the iPhone and makes a new upgraded version every 2 years or so, they could keep up with the latest third party games without having to reinvent the wheel. They can also upgrade the OS while they're at it.

This wasn't a major option for them in the past because Nintendo used very outdated architecture. They used PowerPC right up until the Wii U, which was the main thing preventing many third party ports when other consoles moved to x86. The Switch doesn't use x86, but it does use NVIDIA's ARM architecture which is still more modernised and easier to develop for than PowerPC. Plus, having NVIDIA working with them makes it easier for Nintendo to just commission these needed upgrades.

I honestly think they'd be silly to stick to the old way of releasing their consoles because it isn't a necessity anymore.

The dock's role in all of this is that they can sell variants without the dock, making the upgrade transition easier for owners of past Switch models.

It took 15 months for a second DS model to appear and no one gave a **** about it.
That's because the DS Lite was just an aesthetic revision, it didn't change the specs.

And FYI it still sold like hotcakes.

Chrono.

The New 3DS (you also forgot the Gameboy Advance SP cause backlight) is exactly like that as well, not an entirely new console. I agree..
Man, I can't believe handhelds didn't have backlights back in the day. It's so weird to think about now.

Even though I owned like 5 of these ****s back in the day.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, I can't believe handhelds didn't have backlights back in the day. It's so weird to think about now.

Correction: The Gameboy didn't have a backlight.

The Game Gear had a backlight. Any other company-owned handheld that wasn't a Tiger had a backlight. Nintendo was just mad lazy, I guess.

Chrono.

Correction: The Gameboy didn't have a backlight.

The Game Gear had a backlight. Any other company-owned handheld that wasn't a Tiger had a backlight. Nintendo was just mad lazy, I guess.
TIL.

Though I hear the Game Gear's battery life was ass so now I wonder if the backlight had anything to do with it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Having to constantly tilt your Game Boy towards a source of light was the one true 90s-00s childhood experience

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
TIL.

Though I hear the Game Gear's battery life was *** so now I wonder if the backlight had anything to do with it.
It also required 6 AA's. :V

They needed it for that blast processing.
Considering the Game Gear came out a year after the Game Boy, I think SEGA just rushed out quickly to compete.

**** **** WHAT DO WE HAVE THAT THE GAME BOY DOESNT
color?
YES COLOR
i heard its pretty dark
GET A BACKLIGHT ON IT
won't that hurt its battery life?
SIX BATTERIES HOW COULD WE LOSE?

Chrono.

Having to constantly tilt your Game Boy towards a source of light was the one true 90s-00s childhood experience
That and having a ****ton of batteries laying around the house.

Also there was That One Kid in class who had rechargeable ones.

D

Deleted member

Educate my stupid ass, what's a backlight?
Finally beat Castlevania 3 and wow this game is one of the most frustrating games I have ever played, thank goodness for save states. Good luck to you, Shish!
Thoughts:
Oh hey it's just like the original nice
Man, I can see how much Shove Knight was inspired by this now, well, I could already see it with the first but this is way more like it. The Up+B command, the tilesets and stages(the goddamn clocktower) and even the music feels similar
**** owls
I like multiple playable characters but Grant is an useless *****
Lol i cheesed the cyclops so hard
Why is Syfa so ****ing useless

D

Deleted member

Educate my stupid ***, what's a backlight?

Thoughts:
Oh hey it's just like the original nice
Man, I can see how much Shove Knight was inspired by this now, well, I could already see it with the first but this is way more like it. The Up+B command, the tilesets and stages(the goddamn clocktower) and even the music feels similar
**** owls
I like multiple playable characters but Grant is an useless *****
Lol i cheesed the cyclops so hard
Why is Syfa so ****ing useless
Why do you think that Grant has yet to be in the Netflix series? LMAO

Man I can't wait until you try the newer games if you dig the old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom