• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You people act like NSMBU is even bad.

It isn't bad. Just a bit forgettable due to timing.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, damn.
He also voiced, Old Joseph Joestar, Samuel/Samson Oak, the Narrator of Pokémon, Heihachi, the list goes on.
RIP

D

Deleted member

People are sleeping on the true most powerful Smash characters
:ultpacman: Can literally EAT ghosts. They aren't even physical, he could eat anything he wanted.
:ultgnw: Two-dimensions means he's the sharpest being in the whole multiverse, he's like, Bill Cipher's weird cousin
:ultduckhunt: Bulletproof
:ultpokemontrainer: Stood face-to-face with god and threw a ball at it
:ultdoc: Cured cancer
I'm going to debunk your ass.
:ultpacman:- Only when those ghosts decide to ***** out. Otherwise the ghosts easily kill the pac.
:ultgnw: - More like, the flattest being. Because he's a dumb.
:ultduckhunt: - Only the dog. The duck not so much.
:ultpokemontrainer: - Not possible for Red. RIP
:ultdoc: - Dr. Mario is fraud.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to debunk your ***.
:ultpacman:- Only when those ghosts decide to ***** out. Otherwise the ghosts easily kill the pac.
:ultgnw: - More like, the flattest being. Because he's a dumb.
:ultduckhunt: - Only the dog. The duck not so much.
:ultpokemontrainer: - Not possible for Red. RIP
:ultdoc: - Dr. Mario is fraud.
-he still eats them tho
-two dimensions will cut you in half
-no ome cares about the duck
-ok, but he still lived at the top of a mountain in a constant snowstorm with no supplies
-no u

D

Deleted member

new my hero academia chapter is out, its good
I just read it.
07.png

Wait is that ****ing Shinso. Look at his smile!

Oh no, oh no, th-these are...
08.png

WINTER UNIFORMS **** YES
MOMO'S GOT A CAPE HOLY **** GET SOME PANTS THO GIRL

downloadb04f5a1f__2fstorage_2femulated_2f0_2fPictures_2fImage_20Editor_2f09.png

BAKUGO'S WINTER COSTUME IS SO GOOD I LOVE IT
lol arlt Dekubjust complimenting it and Bakugo eating the speech bubble
10-11.png

WAIT CLASS A VS CLASS B HELL YES I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS, FINALLY SOME MONOMA ACTION!
Yo but look at his pose it's funny

CAN THIS CHAPTER GET ANY BETTER???
Horikoshi: "hold my beer"
13.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *deep breath* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *deep breath* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also Horikoshi, in an interview this exact ****ing month: "ah yeah, I don't have a Shinso arc planned my bad lol"
HORIKOSHI YOU ****ING LIAR I LOVE AND HATE YOU
WAIT IS THAT AIZAWA'S SCARF HOLY **** I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS ARC ALREADY **** **** **** HE'S FINALLY GETTING HIS CHANCE LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDIT: whoops, my bad, I forgot Bakugo is a swear child, I've removed the original image and put a censored version in place

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Problem is NSMBU... if you want to go a bit of a stretch. It basically a port of a Wii U which was an enhanced port of the 3DS which was also an enhanced port of the Wii which was also an enhanced port of the DS.... and yes I know how I say this sounds stupid and partially wrong, but you get what I mean.

I mean sure, Switch... definitely needs another 2D Mario game, but I personally (And probably most people) hope for a Super Mario Maker port or sequel on the Switch rather than this... or it would be nice if it's both, then again I don't think Nintendo would be that dumb to release a NSMBU and then a Super Mario Maker port/sequel at the same year or period.
new my hero academia chapter is out, its good
Oh yikes... due to work... I miss one episode of MHA S3 and probably miss two to three chapters of the manga. Gonna check it out soon.
Well, damn.
He also voiced, Old Joseph Joestar, Samuel/Samson Oak, the Narrator of Pokémon, Heihachi, the list goes on.
RIP
Some are really big and nostalgic characters... and even a Xenogears character, yikes RIP...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Alright guys it’s leaking time:
I
View attachment 158280

Was reading up on this. People think they can recreate skull kid but there was a lot of debates on it and comparisons to the ersb leak.

No one has found a way to debunk Isabelle though.

So @vaanrose what can you add to this?

Personally I’m 50/50 right now after reading into it. I don’t see how this could leak and there’s no story behind it but the ersb leak basically meant anything could happen.

If fake it’s well done, if not then these two are easy guesses but is still get hype
Just seems to me they are riding on the hype like adding Isabel to every leak that comes out because right now she's the hot **** and now so is Skull Kid

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Spyro got delayed to November 13th.

MY WALLET HAS BEEN SAVED.
...This actually does clear up my budget a little bit.

Kind of unfortunate, as now the game has to compete with the holiday blockbusters, including Smash Ultimate. I hope the love for the purple boi shines through though and the game does well.

Perhaps the delay is to allow them to include the full game on the disc.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
What am I doing with my life
What is this "life" you speak of?

Not to mention the fact that it was a failed console's launch lineup.

Problem is NSMBU... if you want to go a bit of a stretch. It basically a port of a Wii U which was an enhanced port of the 3DS which was also an enhanced port of the Wii which was also an enhanced port of the DS.... and yes I know how I say this sounds stupid and partially wrong, but you get what I mean.
Partially? That's objectively wrong, dude.

But I think I get what you were trying to say. It's one of those "the levels look similar" complaints, isn't it?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
NSMBU and the series as a whole is perfectly fine and technically polished but the issue is that they feel so bland and uninspired. They're so inoffensive that they become slightly offensive.

My main beef with them is that I know Nintendo is capable of far better if they really want to make a 2D Mario game with effort put into it, but NSMB is probably one of their most shameless cash grab series'.

I mean NSMBU uses the same models for characters and such as NSMBWii. Not a great way to launch your new system and show off how it's more capable than the last.

And the reason they keep making them is because NSMBWii did so well. But that game was a one-hit wonder, and none of the other games have touched it in sales. The only reason it did so well was because the Wii drew in a lot of casual players with Wii Sports and the like, and they had nostalgia for 2D Mario. So they released a 2D Mario game. And all of these casual players buy it up.

However, these are the sort of consumers who aren't buying every Nintendo console so not a lot of those people are coming back for more NSMB. I'd wager the only reason NSMBU sold much of anything was because they barely released anything else with the Wii U, plus it was a bundle option.

What I really want to see is a 2D Mario that goes all-out. Sprite work on the level of Sonic Mania, or 2D hand drawn visuals like the Rayman games. With original, imaginative levels like the 3D Mario games. That would be something special.

I honestly was hoping Super Mario Maker was Nintendo's way of saying "yeah we're done making these, but here's a tool to make your own". And granted, NSMBU is probably just a quick crash grab port if it comes to the Switch. While there is room for a Super Mario Maker 2, I don't see a need for any more NSMB games.

Especially since the main subtitle of the series is just laughable now...

D

Deleted member

Daaaang. That is one gorgeous build.

10/10. Would steal.
The only reason I don't invest any further on him is because there's nothing else to give him. He already has DC but that set isn't nearly as tanky. I'm just waiting for an Audhulma refine and more merges to skyrocket him further beyond.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Partially? That's objectively wrong, dude.

But I think I get what you were trying to say. It's one of those "the levels look similar" complaints, isn't it?
You somewhat got that quote out of context if I do say so myself. Not to mention I already admit that was a really stupid stretch, so just take it as a half joke and half rant lol.

Still... Some games like NSMBU and NSMBWii... In my own opinion, NSMBU is basically like an enhanced port, just with one or two new power ups, Wii U gamepad touch, and new levels... Boom a new 2D Mario game. And what's worse that was actually a Wii U launched title, and I may be wrong on this but... It's predecessor was NSMBMii that was shown in the Wii U 2011 Trailer and at E3 show floor, which yeah... No wonder it got lots of people confused on whether the Wii U was a new console or just an accessory for the original Wii.

As for NSMBWii to NSMB2 and the original NSMB... This is where I am definitely and objectively wrong lol. NSMB2 has many stuff better and unique than the original, but also made the coins and life more... Pointless. And not to mention these games were never launch titles. So while NSMBU isn't like baffling to me, I just think that Nintendo shouldn't just port NSMBU but also other great Wii U titles.
NSMBU and the series as a whole is perfectly fine and technically polished but the issue is that they feel so bland and uninspired. They're so inoffensive that they become slightly offensive.

My main beef with them is that I know Nintendo is capable of far better if they really want to make a 2D Mario game with effort put into it, but NSMB is probably one of their most shameless cash grab series'.

I mean NSMBU uses the same models for characters and such as NSMBWii. Not a great way to launch your new system and show off how it's more capable than the last.

And the reason they keep making them is because NSMBWii did so well. But that game was a one-hit wonder, and none of the other games have touched it in sales. The only reason it did so well was because the Wii drew in a lot of casual players with Wii Sports and the like, and they had nostalgia for 2D Mario. So they released a 2D Mario game. And all of these casual players buy it up.

However, these are the sort of consumers who aren't buying every Nintendo console so not a lot of those people are coming back for more NSMB. I'd wager the only reason NSMBU sold much of anything was because they barely released anything else with the Wii U, plus it was a bundle option.

What I really want to see is a 2D Mario that goes all-out. Sprite work on the level of Sonic Mania, or 2D hand drawn visuals like the Rayman games. With original, imaginative levels like the 3D Mario games. That would be something special.

I honestly was hoping Super Mario Maker was Nintendo's way of saying "yeah we're done making these, but here's a tool to make your own". And granted, NSMBU is probably just a quick crash grab port if it comes to the Switch. While there is room for a Super Mario Maker 2, I don't see a need for any more NSMB games.

Especially since the main subtitle of the series is just laughable now...
Better explanation than mine I gotta say lol.
And yeah, I also think that NSMBU Deluxe Edition is really a bit of a laughable title as well imo. They could and should just make a whole new NSMB game for the console and call it New Super Mario Bros Switch. I can take this title even though it's still uncreative...

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You somewhat got that quote out of context if I do say so myself. Not to mention I already admit that was a really stupid stretch, so just take it as a half joke and half rant lol.

Still... Some games like NSMBU and NSMBWii... In my own opinion, NSMBU is basically like an enhanced port, just with one or two new power ups, Wii U gamepad touch, and new levels... Boom a new 2D Mario game. And what's worse that was actually a Wii U launched title, and I may be wrong on this but... It's predecessor was NSMBMii that was shown in the Wii U 2011 Trailer and at E3 show floor, which yeah... No wonder it got lots of people confused on whether the Wii U was a new console or just an accessory for the original Wii.

As for NSMBWii to NSMB2 and the original NSMB... This is where I am definitely and objectively wrong lol. NSMB2 has many stuff better and unique than the original, but also made the coins and life more... Pointless. And not to mention these games were never launch titles. So while NSMBU isn't like baffling to me, I just think that Nintendo shouldn't just port NSMBU but also other great Wii U titles.
NSMBU is still solid though. It just came at a timing that made the franchise way too oversaturated since NSMB2 came out months before.

And claiming that it's an enhanced port of Wii when literally no level is identical is a stretch no matter how you put it.

Splatoon 2 is more of a port than NSMBU is, honestly, and that game is still treated as a full-fledged sequel.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
NSMBU is still solid though. It just came at a timing that made the franchise way too oversaturated since NSMB2 came out months before.
To be fair, one is on handheld that also when they announce 3DS XL, which was the version that got me to buy 3DS actually.
But then yes, exactly, but that doesn't mean I am fine with them just porting NSMBU to Switch rather than just make a new one.

And claiming that it's an enhanced port of Wii when literally no level is identical is a stretch no matter how you put it.
Yeah.. .. That's what I literally said before lol. They are a stretch but the problem was that for me at least even if the level are different, more new and weird enemies and are more interesting, the formulas are still mostly the same.

Splatoon 2 is more of a port than NSMBU is, honestly, and that game is still treated as a full-fledged sequel.
A nice point, but...

It's some what of comparing apples to oranges in my own observation. First off Splatoon is a new Nintendo IP that debuted on Wii U and usually when a series is a huge success right at the first game, chances are the sequel will be usually be similar, especially when it comes to shooters.

Second, I would partially agreed with you when Splatoon 2 just released but now with the updates and Octo Expansion we got, I personally think Splatoon 2 isn't just an enhanced port of the first one, but again that's just me.

All in all, I like NSMBU, but... I just don't see the point of it porting to Switch, I mean how will the gamepad function work this time? Will they just get rid of it? In that case again I prefer them just make a new NSMB game rather than porting the Wii U one.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
All in all, I like NSMBU, but... I just don't see the point of it porting to Switch, I mean how will the gamepad function work this time? Will they just get rid of it? In that case again I prefer them just make a new NSMB game rather than porting the Wii U one.
The GamePad use was insanely minimal. It was basically just a fifth player option in multiplayer.

It'd be easier to port than Mario Maker in that aspect.

But honestly, the mere fact that U is getting a port irks me. Why not either a compilation that combines the four titles or simply a new one?

I can't even say it's a cash grab because I'm sure the reason most people got it was either because it was the only launch title that was noteworthy (which in itself is sad) or simply because it was bundled with their Wii U (like me). It's just a weird business move if it's true...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Splatoon 2 is more of a port than NSMBU is
Neither are "more of a port" since both are sequels, both just use the same engine and some similar assets as their predecessor.

However, of the two, Splatoon 2 is much more of a step forward for the series, while NSMBU was just a new level pack (two if you count NSLU) with a couple of new power ups. NSMBU is more of a side step than a legitimate step forward, as was NSMB2.

D

Deleted member

If they port NSBU they should include new power ups because if I see a cape I'm gonna nut

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'd nut if it's a compilation title with all the levels from all four NSMB games. Call it New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and then never touch the franchise again.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The GamePad use was insanely minimal. It was basically just a fifth player option in multiplayer.
This is why I don't see the pint of porting the Wii U game lol.

It'd be easier to port than Mario Maker in that aspect.
You know that I always dislike Switch port difficulty assumptions right? Regardless of it sounding legit or not.

And since both are Nintendo's own games, I don't think Nintendo should decide which to port first base on difficulty factor.

But honestly, the mere fact that U is getting a port irks me. Why not either a compilation that combines the four titles or simply a new one?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This is why I don't see the pint of porting the Wii U game lol.
Because it's easy to port and can sell. Or at least, that'd probably be Nintendo's train of thought.

You know that I always dislike Switch port difficulty assumptions right? Regardless of it sounding legit or not.

And since both are Nintendo's own games, I don't think Nintendo should decide which to port first base on difficulty factor.
I never said Mario Maker can't be ported.

Ports like World of Goo and Captain Toad show that it's possible to compensate the lack of GamePad with motion controls.

NSMBU is just an easier cash grab because it requires literally zero effort while Mario Maker needs motion controls and a Miiverse-like function which again, has been proven possible by another game, this time being Splatoon 2, but it's still more effort.

tl;dr either a Mario Maker port could still happen or Nintendo's just ****ing lazy at this point.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Because it's easy to port and can sell. Or at least, that'd probably be Nintendo's train of thought.
Like I mentioned before, I don't like assumptions whatsoever especially when it comes to business decisions and I personally don't want Nintendo to have that train of thought even if that is the case.

I never said Mario Maker can't be ported.
I never even mention about that too lol. I was talking about porting "difficulties". I just don't like how we keep assuming which games won't be coming to Switch, or which ones are easy to port than the other one when no developers come out and say it.

Just take Crash N Sane Trilogy for example, somebody I am not gonna mention used to say Crash will have huge visual downgrade if it ports to Switch like back in last year December I think, thus has no reason of porting. Now we have the game and the graphics turns aren't that much of a difference... yeah...

And now you have someone from Blizzard confirms that Overwatch is "feasible" on Switch but Starcraft 2 isn't, this is what I can trust.

tl;dr
I only trust words from the developers who make that certain game when it comes to the porting to Switch feasibility and difficulties.

NSMBU is just an easier cash grab because it requires literally zero effort while Mario Maker needs motion controls and a Miiverse-like function which again, has been proven possible by another game, this time being Splatoon 2, but it's still more effort.
While we have yet to see what kind of extra content will we have for NSMBU Deluxe, I personally think it will be an awful idea to port it first just for the sake of easier development. Moreoever, sorry I keep repeating this but, I dislike making non-source back up assumptions and I highly recommend you to stop doing so even if it does sound legit and logical.

As for Splatoon 2 I got to disagree on how you consider it an easy developed game (Hope I am right on this, if I misunderstood your point please correct me). Splatoon 2's predecessor Splatoon is a Wii U game and has a sequel within two years and having extra content and still getting more, this is different compare to how we "assume" NSMBU might turn out to be... see the problem here? I think we should wait until the game is officially announced and have infos for a better discussion and comparison. I still hope they could just have a new NSMB game where is basically all NSMB games into one and last but not least, don't call it NSMBU Deluxe, the name itself sounds pretty lazy already.
tl;dr either a Mario Maker port could still happen or Nintendo's just ****ing lazy at this point.
If you are just pointing at how Nintendo is release their first party games, I can see Nintendo is somewhat of being "lazy" in 2018. But then again, you know me I dislike assumptions when comes to ports and business decisions, and we don't really know what kind of games Nintendo still have up to their sleeves. Maybe we will get something new later down the line (Whoops, I made an assumption lol, but hey there's proof last year to back up my assumption though lol)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
the graphics turns aren't that much of a difference
lmao they are a huge difference actually.

Not only that but the Switch version comes with input delay issues which are kind of a problem when you're dealing with levels such as Stormy Ascent.

It's a fine port but it's far and away an inferior, compromised version of the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Your Fave Is Problematic: Smash Villains Edition:
-Bowser: neglects 7 of his 8 children
-King K.Rool: monarch who abuses his power to oppress monkeys
-King Dedede: appropriated crocodile culture
-Meta Knight: edgy tryhard kid from school who won't leave you alone
-Wolf: furry
-Dark Samus: actually did nothing wrong
-Ganondorf: convicted with murder, theft, theft of sword, scheming, jaywalking, and puppy-kicking
-Ridley: **** man where do I start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom