• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
THINKING FAST WITH GWEN!

JAMEX GUNN: From what I understand, his apologies were a "sorry not sorry" way and those comments were awful, though a nazi who SUPPORTS r***, is a conspiracy theorist that's gotten people to shoot up pizza places because "HILLARY HAS A SECRET CHILD SEX DUNGEON AT A PIZZA PLACE" which was only made to cast attention away from trump blatantly admitting being a celebrity means getting off scott free with anything makes it terrible too.

AQUAMAN: Looks fun as hell

GODZILLA 2: Looks like dumb fun, and although I prefer monster suits, I can't ****ing wait for Ghidorah to destroy ****

MEGA MAN FULLY CHARGED: Art style puts me off so damn much but I feel I should at least try it out

SHAZAM: This looks VERY promising, it's what DCEU needs the most, a lighthearted movie filled with charm

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think I'll officially take a break from this website once I'm done with my USUM playthrough. I might come back for a short time whenever there's a Smash related announcement, but I don't think I'll be very active otherwise until December.
I'll probably be more active after the Gen 8 games are given official titles. I have fond memories of the Sun/Moon speculation period and I plan on doing something similar to what I did back then.
Alright see ya later then dude.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Zapdos is trending on Twitter.
Apparently Pokemon Go has a shiny Zapdos event going on my birthday.

Doesn't seem all that huge. Is it only on my trending feed cause I'm a Pokemon fan, or is everyone seeing it?

---

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I hate my life (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Edit: I should probably add context to this.

In short, I'm getting older and I hate it.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Masuda said that the GO capture system was implemented because the original method was too difficult for some players.
the original method was too difficult for some players.
Wtf were they, 1 month year old babies?
The original was difficult?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Clearly Masuda deeply felt the strife of those players who found random shinies and accidentally critted them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Masuda said that the GO capture system was implemented because the original method was too difficult for some players.

Original Article in Spanish:
https://www.cpokemon.com/2018/07/21...nos-mas-cambios-controversiales-en-el-futuro/

Translation:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ju...as-too-difficult-for-some-players-more.56932/
Hate to go all "Back in my day...", but c'mon catching Pokemon has always been a pretty easy affair, mechanically at least. Sure, some had low catch rates, but that's what makes it fun.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Its obvious.

Kids today are stupid.

Masuda confirmed. :troll:

Edit: WE WERE BLINDSIDED

"Alola forms won't appear in the wild in LGPE, however there may be a way to obtain them without Pokémon GO."

I mean its not much BUT ALOLA SANDSLASH BOYS

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So do you like the GO catch mechanics better or the classic catch mechanics?

D

Deleted member

The only thing that disappoints me about this new Pokemon game is that there are only Gen 1 Pokemon.
I can not complain too much because animating even more 3D sprites for all of them is very difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Octopath's final boss whooped me in less than...

45 seconds.

That could have been the fastest video game loss of my life were it not for the Octo Expansion that came out last month and its obnoxious "survive 30 seconds" mission. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only thing that disappoints me about this new Pokemon game is that there are only Gen 1 Pokemon.
I can not complain too much because animating even more 3D sprites for all of them is very difficult.
But the 3D models are taken from Pokemon Go and it has up to gen 3 and the alolan forms in it already

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
They already had 1080p models for all 800+ Pokemon.

I can complain. Loudly.

Funny enough this game is using the solution I thought of for Pokemon to wear accessories on the titular Pokemon, but this game is doing so many things I don't like I can't even be happy about it, never mind -only- those Pokemon can even use them.

One step forward two steps back is pretty default for Pokemon and I was happy to manage with that, but skidding backwards 50 steps with absolutely no progression is beyond my patience level.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They took stuff from Go.

If they're gonna do that and make it compatible with the mobile game, it would've made more sense to have the full roster said mobile game has.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Masuda should just cancel Pokéman; the whole concept of wild creatures with superpowers is just too hard.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Masuda should just cancel Pokéman; the whole concept of wild creatures with superpowers is just too hard.
Hot take so out of line, it will make The Room look like Citizen Kane:

After Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are released, Masuda will say:

Pokemon was a mistake

Just Miyazaki did with anime. :v

Chrono.

So do you like the GO catch mechanics better or the classic catch mechanics?
Forced motion controls are usually butt, especially for handheld mode where they're just cumbersome because in this case they were meant to be used in TV or Tabletop modes with separate Joy Cons (looking at Mario Odyssey for another case where it was annoying, though those weren't obligatory.)

But I like the idea of the player having more interaction when catching Pokemon that isn't just skewing the RNG in your favor (which is harmless and simple enough anyway.) It reminds me of old playground rumors that were like "if you mash A you have a better chance of catching the mon" and we all knew eventually those rumors were bull**** but we still did it anyway cause why the hell not.

On the other hand, you're not gonna have much trouble catching Pokemon at all. Maybe early on where all you have access to are a limited number of Poke Balls. But it won't be long till you get access to Great Balls, then Ultra and so on. That's not even counting status effects you can inflict like Paralysis and Sleep. This is even more apparent in the newer games that have crazier types of Poke Balls like Quick Balls and Dusk Balls, which can make even Legendaries a cake walk. And THAT's not counting the fact that Legendaries have been getting higher catch rates since Gen 4.
They already had 1080p models for all 800+ Pokemon.

I can complain. Loudly.

Funny enough this game is using the solution I thought of for Pokemon to wear accessories on the titular Pokemon, but this game is doing so many things I don't like I can't even be happy about it, never mind -only- those Pokemon can even use them.

One step forward two steps back is pretty default for Pokemon and I was happy to manage with that, but skidding backwards 50 steps with absolutely no progression is beyond my patience level.
Personally I choose to cut it some slack cause they already said it's an experiment and not really aimed at people who buy all the games.

That said, I don't really like that they choose to aim at two certain crowds: The super casual crowd that doesn't really play Pokemon or fell off it and the super hardcore crowd that only really play for competitive battling.

Meanwhile there's those like me, who just wants a good single player campaign with a beefy post game again like the days of Gen 2, 4 and 5. But that's never gonna happen when they keep doing these "post games" that are only really aimed at people who love doing battle facilities 24/7.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
idk

Let's Go is pretty WACK with how they're making gyms have requirements and just dumbing it down even further

but I think it'll still be neat to get, it's still going to take a little bit of time to complete the game and finish the PokeDex, and once you do you'll likely be able to transfer all 151 Pokemon to Gen 8 to get a head-start on the PokeDex there.

Not to mention how LG could also be used for Nuzlocke runs, yeah the gyms have requirements where oh you need a grass type, but it's possible that you could just catch one real quick, head in and switch it out (although catching Pokemon blindly would still be a problem). It could also be good for other challenge runs too like Monotype, no PokeCenters, or NFE. It'd be quick and easy because the Switch has multiple profiles, you wouldn't lose your main file.

There's a lot they could be doing better, but as a replayable and fun Pokemon game to quench thirst for Gen 8? It's going to do its job just fine.

D

Deleted member

That's... exactly what praline is saying.
Oopsies. :p
Forced motion controls are usually butt, especially for handheld mode where they're just cumbersome because in this case they were meant to be used in TV or Tabletop modes with separate Joy Cons (looking at Mario Odyssey for another case where it was annoying, though those weren't obligatory.)

But I like the idea of the player having more interaction when catching Pokemon that isn't just skewing the RNG in your favor (which is harmless and simple enough anyway.) It reminds me of old playground rumors that were like "if you mash A you have a better chance of catching the mon" and we all knew eventually those rumors were bull**** but we still did it anyway cause why the hell not.

On the other hand, you're not gonna have much trouble catching Pokemon at all. Maybe early on where all you have access to are a limited number of Poke Balls. But it won't be long till you get access to Great Balls, then Ultra and so on. That's not even counting status effects you can inflict like Paralysis and Sleep. This is even more apparent in the newer games that have crazier types of Poke Balls like Quick Balls and Dusk Balls, which can make even Legendaries a cake walk. And THAT's not counting the fact that Legendaries have been getting higher catch rates since Gen 4.
Interesting opinion.

Honestly, I dislike how they are increasing the chances of a legnedary catch rate.

Like I like the feel of it being hard to catch yet worth the reward.

I caught Necrozma with one Quick Ball in USUM... :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just want Pokémon 2, man.

You know: the Spaceworld build.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
idk

Let's Go is pretty WACK with how they're making gyms have requirements and just dumbing it down even further

but I think it'll still be neat to get, it's still going to take a little bit of time to complete the game and finish the PokeDex, and once you do you'll likely be able to transfer all 151 Pokemon to Gen 8 to get a head-start on the PokeDex there.

Not to mention how LG could also be used for Nuzlocke runs, yeah the gyms have requirements where oh you need a grass type, but it's possible that you could just catch one real quick, head in and switch it out (although catching Pokemon blindly would still be a problem). It could also be good for other challenge runs too like Monotype, no PokeCenters, or NFE. It'd be quick and easy because the Switch has multiple profiles, you wouldn't lose your main file.

There's a lot they could be doing better, but as a replayable and fun Pokemon game to quench thirst for Gen 8? It's going to do its job just fine.
But if you leave the gym to switch out your pokemon you can’t get back in without the requirement.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
But if you leave the gym to switch out your pokemon you can’t get back in without the requirement.
I thought the PC was portable, and it was like an item in your bag? I heard that somewhere, I think it was during E3.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I thought the PC was portable, and it was like an item in your bag? I heard that somewhere, I think it was during E3.
Honestly I don’t really know anything about the game cause I care so little about it that I ignore any news about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom