• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
My FEH Channel wants are simple.

- Dragons.
- Dragons.
- Dragons.
- Dragons.
- Legendary Legault.
- Dragons.
Cross out "FEH Channel" from that statement and you get my thoughts. Add dragons (or any reptile variant) to anything regardless of context.

"You know what Animal Crossing needs? Dragons!!!"

D

Deleted member

And so I feel myself flip-flopping back to doing a bit of original fiction again.
You know, your great writing skills are actually making me want to make a story!

This is about World War 3 in 1st person. :p

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Welp, good news that we are having an FEH channel! Since it doesn't say that it's CYL related I don't think it will be. So, going to post my predictions:

-This might be it, maybe we are finally getting beast units. If so we would probably get a Fates banner because Kaden and Keaton, but I rather them do a Tellius banner with:
*Ranulf (duh)
*Lethe (duh)
*JILL (My orbs would die)

And someone like Muarim as TT rewards. I really want to put Haar there too but he has no relation with laguz whasoever, that's why I wouldn't see him happening in a laguz themed banner.

And give me Tibarn as legendary hero that month PLS.

-If we aren't getting laguz, maybe we are finally getting Veronica? CYL might be around the corner and they have to give us Veronica eventually, so with book 2 probably ending (or not because lol Surtr) I'd like to get Veronica. Don't know who would accompany her in the banner tbh.

For not banner related stuff, hopes rather than predictions

-5 stars exclusive gets demoted. My choices:
Gray, Karel, Eldigan (I hate you), Luke, LYN (Maybe I can finally get her), Saber, Katarina, Leo, Sanaki, Young Tiki, Azura (give her a Prf IS), Hinoka (HONE FLIERS), Olwen, Minerva, Julia, Faye, Jaffar and Mist.

-TT characters get added to regular summoning pool (don't think it's happening due to Marth being the latest reward)

-Lot's of refines, mostly for Tana, Innes, Valter, Lyon and Celica, and fix gem weapons, raven tomes and the poison dagger, all of them should be refinable. (Askr trio is never getting a refine lol)

-New game modes pleaaaase.

-Catria gets a Prf weapon.

That's all I want to be fair. Probably none of this is happening but I'll look forward to the FEH channel.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually revealing Chrom on the smash site as an echo same day as the feh channel could work.

Probably won’t happen but would make for good cross promotion. Chrom wouldn’t need a full blown trailer anyway so it be like the good old days of the smash dojo. Where they threw a character up and said there you go.

So I wouldn’t rule it out but it’s prpbably not happening. If chrom is an echo though, there is no reason to throw him in any other trailer as I doubt a new fire emblem character that’s original will happen. Alm and celica have their hurdles and unless a tag team I fear they may be overlooked. Three houses is right around the corner and Sakurai probably knew a lot about it when making the game but I doubt that the base game would get someone from it.

You never know though. Alm and celica are good contenders but they could just as easily be echos. Which would ironically fit their remake name.

I’m really curious as to what will happen if anything in regards to new fire emblem characters. I also wonder if any heroes Ocs would be considered.

Fyrom would work well or even Anna but I don’t know if they would be on Sakurais radar. Only time will tell though

D

Deleted member

Y'know I actually used to have a physical copy of Zip-Lash. I also got the amiibo.
I sold both of them because the game was super bland.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, what's up?™
You know you missed me saying that.

Today I got a replacement piece for my Switch's kickstand mechanism, which got weaker over time (and snapped off the stand itself a lot) since I got my system June last year. It started to get weaker during November when I played Mario Odyssey. A few hours ago, I went to disassemble the backplate and swap the worn-out piece for the new one. Now it works like it should and I hope I don't have to go through another one. I got so used to it being worn out that the kickstand would be loose enough to open when holding the system in handheld mode. Now I find it weird to see it hold still and stay closed. Lol.

Since one of the screws stripped off and I removed it in late May, I had come to the realization that the other ones would soon get stripped as well. So what I did was take the screws from the Joy-Con I don't use much, and put them on my Switch instead. The older ones were placed on the Joy-Con since there's very little chance I have to open the controller, save for the stripped screw I removed. The screw at the top near the fan randomly popped out a few weeks ago (as a result of my in-and-out approach of disassembling the system) and now I'm looking for a replacement. If you're one to disassemble your Switch a lot, I would suggest you to have Phillips screws on the back of the system instead of Y-shape screws (the defaults). Those get stripped too easily.

But the Switch works, so that's nothing to worry about. I already have a screen protector on the way to hide the scratches I have, and protect it even further.

D

Deleted member

Coricus Coricus
This story is not done, but I wrote some of it.
The War that Changed the World said:
I check the camp to see my fellow comrades. They are doing all right and they secure us. I stare at the darkness of the night as I look into the moon. I remember that the brightness of industrialization, improvement and pure friendship filled the curious voids of the citizens of our home Earth. We humans worked together to achieve what is the better for us. Sure there are some chaotic and evil humans, but overall humans show many great qualities such as teamwork and intelligence. Eventually we would get into chaotic moments, like World War 1 and World War 2. Millions died from these chaotic moments, and they were never forgotten. Ever since World War 2, we humans tried our best to avoid the third coming of doom and suffering. We wanted to protect ourselves and this beautiful world. Despite the differences between the United States of America and the Soviet Union, the two managed to keep it together and to prevent such a disastrous event many times. After the Cold War, a lot of countries have been industrializing and it seemed peace was here for a long time… Until now. Somewhere around a hundred million people have already suffered and countless works of talent and skill were wasted by one weapon.​

The camp is all secure. We are all relaxed and ready to take a nap. I stare at a family photo. My sister and I with my father and mother. My father and mother were tragically killed by the nuke of the wicked brutal enemy and my sister went into somewhere hiding. I have no idea where she is but she could be anything. In fact I fear she is a spy for the enemy. I ready myself for the bed. I put my head on the pillow and stare at my comrades. They are like brothers to me. We smile at each other and I close my eyes. I appear in some kind of distorted area where everything is red and screaming souls are filling the area. I walk forward silently and I see my parents. They do not greet me like they usually do, just silently stare at me. “Mom? Dad? I thought you were dead!” I say. Then they melt into a white liquid and the white liquid creates some tall figure wearing a uniform with many badges. The man looks like a dictator. The man has no pupils and stares at me. The man holds out his hand and makes a slight smile. The hand glows rapidly and many souls fly into the hand to disappear. I throw myself down in panic. “How do I get out of here? Where am I?”. Sudden thoughts are flooding my mind and I begin to run. Then I hit what looks like a door. I open it swiftly before the man can follow me. I open it and I see what looks beautiful. It shines all over my eyes and I cry from joy looking at the masterpiece.​

I wake up. It was all just a dream. What a very interesting dream. “Everyone! Get weapons ready! The enemies are approaching!” I take my trusty laser gun with me. This lazer gun was made recently and was given to only a select few people. I was the lucky one of the bunch. I see a bunch of men in red uniforms marching toward me with their guns ready shooting everything. Moments I hear gun noises and lasers and attacking vehicles. It is chaos. I manage to snipe a pilot out of an elite helicopter and the helicopter crashes on the enemy base. I hate my enemies but what horror I have seen. “Yeeaaah!” They cheer at me. I do not smile. More enemies and vehicles approach. There is so much of these poor pawns! The enemies fire at us. I see some comrades fall, dead. I do not let me emotions get to me and I manage to snipe a few off elite helicopters. The enemies drive tanks right through, crushing everything in their sight. These tanks are monstrous and go super fast. They can glide in the air and they go faster than the speed of sound. It is ridiculous. We get our own tanks, which can go just as fast as theirs. The general yells at me to come on the tank with a few of his men. I do as soon as possible. I feel relaxed yet worried that we could get blasted by….. Anything really. No! I should not worry and focus on the path towards victory. As Winston Churchill said…. “Keep calm and carry on.” The general makes a smile in the middle of a heated conflict. “I am relieved to see you alive, general.”. “Why thank you lad. Someday I will be in a beach resting myself on the sun instead of blasting these darn skilled men.” says the General in a matter. I like my general the most out of my comrades. The general is special to me and we have been together since the war started. We drive through a rough grassy area to go to the enemy base, but a dozen tanks immediately spot us to try and to shot us. The general is the driver of the tank and he drives as fast as the tank goes. Then even more tanks follow us and a few helicopters. They know that the general is in there. “THIS MAY END UP DISASTROUS! BRACE FOR IMPACT AT ANY MOMENT!” Yells the general. The dozen men in the tank including me yell “Yes general!”. Then a helicopter hits the back of the tank. The tank goes flying at insane speeds. I really hope none of us die from this horrible situation. We land on a giant boulder and the tank smashes. Thank goodness we all had our seatbelts working and on or else we would of all been dead right on the spot. My ears are ringing like crazy and I am in extreme pain. I see a lot of blood coming out of me from anywhere and even breathing hurts me. Everyone else is hurt really bad but no one is dead. Thank goodness. I can not get up because I am too weak. The worst thing that can happen is enemy forces come and take us captive, but thankfully the medics swiftly take us to the camp. I am in severe pain, but I know not to yell. Yelling will only worsen the situation, so I stay calm. I hope we do not lose this base to the enemy forces. I just want to rest at this point. I fall asleep.​
I have to warn you it is not too graphic, but it is a little dark.
How do you feel?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey guys, what's up?™
You know you missed me saying that.

Today I got a replacement piece for my Switch's kickstand mechanism, which got weaker over time (and snapped off the stand itself a lot) since I got my system June last year. It started to get weaker during November when I played Mario Odyssey. A few hours ago, I went to disassemble the backplate and swap the worn-out piece for the new one. Now it works like it should and I hope I don't have to go through another one. I got so used to it being worn out that the kickstand would be loose enough to open when holding the system in handheld mode. Now I find it weird to see it hold still and stay closed. Lol.

Since one of the screws stripped off and I removed it in late May, I had come to the realization that the other ones would soon get stripped as well. So what I did was take the screws from the Joy-Con I don't use much, and put them on my Switch instead. The older ones were placed on the Joy-Con since there's very little chance I have to open the controller, save for the stripped screw I removed. The screw at the top near the fan randomly popped out a few weeks ago (as a result of my in-and-out approach of disassembling the system) and now I'm looking for a replacement. If you're one to disassemble your Switch a lot, I would suggest you to have Phillips screws on the back of the system instead of Y-shape screws (the defaults). Those get stripped too easily.

But the Switch works, so that's nothing to worry about. I already have a screen protector on the way to hide the scratches I have, and protect it even further.
Dude I've only had my Switch for a little over a month and my stand is already kinda flimsy as ****. It's also a bit of a pain for me to open it with my little skeleton hands. No scratches though, but sometimes when I try to dock it I undershoot how far it's in the dock itself and it ends up dropping onto the charge which kinda concerns me sometimes when I **** it up.

I also think the dock has completely trash ventilation, which makes me fear all of those heat cracks. Fortunately I'm probably not gonna play much docked as long as the weather reaches those high double digits.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>gamefaqs
Use an actual VS-Debating/Indexing site. There are tons to choose from, especially when a lot of people have differing opinions on the strengths of a character. OBD Wiki (rest in peaces it was the godfather), VSBattles, Comicvine, r/WWW, r/respectthreads, Spacebattles, etc. etc.

Also depends on which Shulk and Rex you're using. It's like saying "uh goku vs superman" and just leaving it at that.

There are numerous arcs and incarnations of Goku to choose from, as there are different ages and incarnations of Superman. Just saying the characters' names without setting the limits does nothing but create oil fires.

D

Deleted member

So before I go to bed, I heard Trump did not blame the Russians and blamed the US Intelligence Agency for the changes and then said it could be Russia or something else and there was no conclusion.

Good night.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
>gamefaqs
Use an actual VS-Debating/Indexing site. There are tons to choose from, especially when a lot of people have differing opinions on the strengths of a character. OBD Wiki (rest in peaces it was the godfather), VSBattles, Comicvine, r/WWW, r/respectthreads, Spacebattles, etc. etc.

Also depends on which Shulk and Rex you're using. It's like saying "uh goku vs superman" and just leaving it at that.

There are numerous arcs and incarnations of Goku to choose from, as there are different ages and incarnations of Superman. Just saying the characters' names without setting the limits does nothing but create oil fires.
I feel it's just implied that they are the best canon incarnations of the characters that are involved.

Anything more complicated than that and we're just seeing if I can indeed care less.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope the Mega Man X9 thing does happen. My man Mega Man X is too clean to forget.

I'm sure if they have multiple characters, Axl will be back, he might not be as good as Nero, but he's a good edition to the series. Though if it's like the SNES games, I'd honestly be pretty fine with just being MMX himself and leave it at that.

Still Mega Man 11 isn't out yet, so I've still got that to look forward to.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*Wakes up at 3am*

I dunno why... but I wanna make a Feh Channel Bingo.

*goes back to sleep*

D

Deleted member

Dude I've only had my Switch for a little over a month and my stand is already kinda flimsy as ****. It's also a bit of a pain for me to open it with my little skeleton hands. No scratches though, but sometimes when I try to dock it I undershoot how far it's in the dock itself and it ends up dropping onto the charge which kinda concerns me sometimes when I **** it up.

I also think the dock has completely trash ventilation, which makes me fear all of those heat cracks. Fortunately I'm probably not gonna play much docked as long as the weather reaches those high double digits.
The new one I have feels so sturdy that it's almost like I got a brand new system again. The other one was so worn out that I could no longer place my system on a table without using my Hori stand. Have you seen CNET's video about the kickstand a year ago? Well, that was the issue but not done on purpose. It always fell off and the stand snapped off. But I don't want to waste the new one, so I think I'll use the Hori stand as before. You could open it with your nail I suppose. There's a small indentation on the Switch that helps. You could get either the new adjustable charging stand Nintendo released on Friday or the Hori stand which does the same thing.

I got some deep-ish scratch below where the small top screw is supposed to be placed on the housing, not the bezel or screen. I don't know if that has to do with heat. No cracks on either side of the system so far though. Always make sure to not overtighten any of the screws, as that's one reason cracks happen. When I first got my system I wondered why it was ever so slightly curved and thought it was because of the Dock's enclosed nature. Turns out the Switch was supposed to be built that way. I always place my Switch in and out by holding each side (the Joy-Con rails) carefully on the Dock, but that's me not wanting to deal with fingerprints.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They localized the Japanese release though is the thing, I’m pretty sure that they also helped with development since, according to the credits, many people from Nintendo were involved with the project (Iwata is even listed as an executive producer).

I’m pretty sure they did a little more than just publish the game, they don’t own the Bayonetta IP but they at least assisted with Bayo 2’s creation.
Nintendo localise and publish a lot of third party games in Japan, usually those made by Western developers. Rayman Legends is another example.

They don't have any hold over the LEGO City IP. At most, there may have been a timed exclusivity deal.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got Octopath Traveler yesterday and played for about an hour, continuing my progress from the demo. I just unlocked Ophilia, the Cleric, and her story seems like it will have major ties to the endgame. It talks about twelve gods sealing away a dark god, and a cult that worships black flame - if that's not the final boss, or the final boss has no ties to any of that, I will be very surprised.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Kirby 64. I thought that was kind of evident. :v
You said nothing about not owning Kirby games from before Crystal Shards either, though. :v

whelp been awhile since i pulled it up dued to work and ****, but left on the end of a major battle and healing and looting, so lets see wh-
View attachment 153537
....this game never gives a break

ok...so while 2/3 of the whole group is over at the enemy outpost looting and resting, a tornado is tearing apart the land at our base
View attachment 153538
so much so yellow was an idiot trying to move a bunch of rock around he nearrly walked right into it, so i forced him away from the human killing tornado and into safety
View attachment 153539
overall didn't do much besides nearly kill yellow, it crashed through the unfinished barn we had and destoryed some cotton and corn crops, along with tear down a windmill literally salvaging nothing from it which sucks, could be a lot worst

anyway that crisis gone checked on over everything and just watched out things went, lily went on to repair the damage, and yellow just hauled stuff while red just slept and researched into making carpets

the other gang is literally tearing down the bandits base brick by brick to supplies lol so we'll see what we get from that at the end of the day
View attachment 153541
oh sweet! we got a caravan incoming, bulk goods so like supplies, food, clothing and such, nothing interesting but maybe they got some base valuables we can use, sadly uni is with the raiding party :v so hopefully they'll stick around till he gets back, if not i can spur with yellow at the last second, hes a good back up trader

anyway we finally teared down everything of the outpost and left nothing there so we all ready to get on up and back home....buuuuut turns out i forgot about the weight :V ya 6 people and 3 alpacas could not carry back all the brick and steel home that we tore down...so...whoops, took as much steel as i could and were on our way home
View attachment 153542
all and all, spoils were disappointing, about 5 components, 460 steel (out of 1100 something) paltry silver, and a lot of guns that are pretty worse for wear, really funny enough the biggest spoil of the raid was a buncha food, like several days worth of meals :V so huh, we also got some nice grenades to blow stuff up and a perfectly clear sniper rifle which is an amazing gun, so some neat things but overall...not worth what we risked our lives for, rip

anyway it'll take 2 days to get back since were moving weakened, oh well we'll get home eventually

on the plus side
View attachment 153543
fam we got beer, we can now get drunk, course there is problems with beer, mostly addictions and liver problems :V but overall drinking will keep up a lot of joy for us, keep mental breaks away, and give our bar something useful~
View attachment 153545
anyway this is where we'll cut it :V the caravan is kinda just sitting on up in our bar/rec room with the damn elephants, kinda had a funny moment when one passed by red when he was eating and just imagined him looking at it, then just sat in complete denial and continued eating lol

anyway back in buisness keeping the train rolling

still got people online who care about ya :V for whatever thats worth against it
Yep, gotta fix that barn, ready for my horde of kittens. :v

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Gotta be showing off the CYL units there.
Interested in what theming they opt for here.

It's gonna be at 11:30 PM on my end.

Great, right when I need to ****ing sleep...

-Removing the hero intro videos from the data to slim down a bit the game.
I'd be down with that, actually, especially since they never added any since launch.

All I want from this banner is either Legendary Hector, Hardin or both.
Hardin already showed up in the Legendary Ryoma banner last month, so he's pretty much deconfirmed for the next Legendary banner.

With that said, if you paid attention to the schedules we share, you'd know Hardin will soon get his own banner alongside Male Grima and Effie starting August 7th.

As for Legendary Hector... well, Female Grima hasn't missed a single Legendary banner since she showed up, but I think it's mostly due to her being the only colorless Legendary than anything else.

Hector, on the other hand, has competition against Lyn, Gunnthra and perhaps even the new Legendary if they happen to be green.

But with that said, VaLyntine showing up in Hector's banner implies at least one Valentine unit will show up in the next one, so Valentine Hector's chances are 1 out of 3.

tl;dr Hardin will 100% happen in the future, but not before August. L!Hector's chances are very, very low and you're setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kinda figured X9 would happen. MM11 made it seem like Capcom definitely wants to bring back Mega Man into mainstream gaming.
The only MMX games I've played were the first two, both of which I loved. I plan on getting legacy collection 1 when I get a Switch, but I'm still not sure about legacy collection 2 - on the one hand, I heard X5-X8 weren't as good as the first four (with 7 being considered a downright awful game by many), but on the other hand I'm super curious and playing every game in a franchise gives me a sense of satisfaction.
I'm getting ahead of myself though, as I don't even have enough money for a Switch yet.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It seems like some Summoners are getting a bit worked up, because...
This "Feh Channel" on 20 July will not contain information on the special version Choose Your Legends heroes.
They appear to be yet still shrouded in mystery.
So that's out of the question, it seems. So, laguz units instead, please? :p Don't want Forrest to show up yet, I still need more orbs.

As for Legendary Hector... well, Female Grima hasn't missed a single Legendary banner since she showed up, but I think it's mostly due to her being the only colorless Legendary than anything else.

Hector, on the other hand, has competition against Lyn, Gunnthra and perhaps even the new Legendary if they happen to be green.
Legendary Hector won't be returning until late September, according to the announcement on the previous legendary banner.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shulk vs Rex!
Who wins?
Both start-game and end-game Rex win against start-game and end-game Shulk, it's blatantly obvious to the point where there's no point even doing an analysis. If you've played both games from start to finish, it shouldn't even be a question in one's mind.

Mid-game is where you could get more analytical but I'm too lazy to bother.

Shulk is the better character though and has a more powerful voice. :V

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
*Wakes up at 3am*

I dunno why... but I wanna make a Feh Channel Bingo.

*goes back to sleep*
*Wakes up at 3 am*

*Hears baby shuffling around in her crib but not crying.*

*Waits till baby falls back asleep*

*and i Instantly fall back to sleep*

I must say though a 10 month old’s sleep schedule is much better than a 2 month old. I had a few weeks of 1 or 2 hours sleep. I even had a 4 day string of zero sleep. None. I survived on coffee and energy drinks. She wouldn’t go to sleep until llike me 1 am and wake back up at 2 or 2:30 and repeat that till morning. Now she sleeps through the night from 9 or 10 and maybe wakes up for a bit around 3. And is up by 6.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so ign revealed that one of the characters who has micro games in wario ware gold is everyones favorite stage hazard 5-volt

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
*is still up and awake at 3am*

*when I've been up since 10am*

Doctors tell me I am fit and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom