• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You people are monstrous for making me feel old.

HOW DARE YOU?!
Stop making ME feel old fam! I was only 6 when the first Smash Bros came out!

Walking from work to EB Games is such a slog. I think I might throw up..

**** dude I was in grade school when Galaxy 1 came out, now I'm legally allowed to walk into a bar and have a drink. I still remember playing the game for the first time like it wasn't that long ago.

Speaking of being young when was the last time any of you have had a Lunchable?
Why, I just had one two weeks ago when I got off work

And I was in my freshmen year of high school when Galaxy I came out

Btw guys, since we were discussing about how we look and pictures, I thought I'd go ahead and let you all how Crusher looks

Alright, here it is

:troll:

D

Deleted member

Last week.

They're mom's and I wanted a quick snack.
Why, I just had one two weeks ago when I got off work
Which type, specifically? I ask because I got a pepperoni pizza one out of curiousity while I was getting groceries a couple days ago, and while I definitely remember it tasting like how it did when I was a wee lad, It's not something I would ever seek out.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hoo boy, this is a "couldn't make this up if you tried" story.

You know that game Aliens: Colonial Marines? You know, the Aliens game that had a lot of hype behind it and turned out crap?

One of the biggest issues with the game was it's brain-dead AI for the Xenomorphs. However, it turns out that the reason the AI is so crap is because of a typo in the game's config file.

If you have the PC version of the game, you can literally fix the game's AI by fixing this typo. Just go to the game's directory, and from there go to PecanGame\Config\PecanEngine.ini. Then find the following line of code:

ClassRemapping=PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachXenoToTether -> PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTeather

And change it to:

ClassRemapping=PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachXenoToTether -> PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTether

Basically, when a Xeno is spawned, it's attached to a "zone tether". These tell the Xeno where it's fighting space is, and where the different exits in that space are. This allows the Xeno to make decisions like being able to try and flank you, disperse from other Xenos to surround you and make it so you couldn't easily send an explosive in on them all at once, and a whole lot more.

Because of the typo, this line of code did nothing, which in turn meant the Xenos were not getting the information from the zone tethers. This meant they would always run at you head first with little actual aggression, and would always converge to the same spot.

While it obviously doesn't fix everything about the game, correcting this typo fixes one of the most notable issues in the game. It makes the enemy AI an actual threat.

It's so amazing that this was never picked up on, by either Gearbox or the community, in all of these years. It's such a simple issue that could have been avoided with a simple day one patch that gives you an .ini file with the typo corrected.

Here's the source:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/aliens-colonial-marines-ai-fixed-by-a-single-letter.55247/

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Face reveals again?
Prepare to be disappointed.
Living Failure.png

Told ya to prepare for disappointment
:upsidedown:

D

Deleted member

As much as I like Octopath Traveler, it still has one glaring issue that I hate in every RPG I play: Healers are ****ing boring.
Like, I still don't get why after so many years the genre can't get this one role right, you use a skill and they heal, that's it. If they're not healing, they're using some weak attacks that barely help. It's just, they made all the other characters interesting to use so far but Ophilia just feels like Obligatory Cleric #247195. Maybe that other guy is better but he'll be the last one I recruit so idk, it doesn't help his path action overlaps with Cyrus who is the party's Black Mage so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

So far, the only game I have ever played that made healers interesting is Etrian Odyssey, because all of its Healers can do stuff inbetween heals and also stack up passive heals and the like. Medics can go offensive with Stun locks, War Magi have double heals, priority and their JoAT skillset alongside busted offensive skills, and Hound Rover can just leave the guest party member do the job passively while inflicting binds.
The special edition box is huge!
**** man, I'm jelly, had to go digital because no way they'd be releasing that here. What does it have?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
As much as I like Octopath Traveler, it still has one glaring issue that I hate in every RPG I play: Healers are ****ing boring.
Like, I still don't get why after so many years the genre can't get this one role right, you use a skill and they heal, that's it. If they're not healing, they're using some weak attacks that barely help. It's just, they made all the other characters interesting to use so far but Ophilia just feels like Obligatory Cleric #247195. Maybe that other guy is better but he'll be the last one I recruit so idk, it doesn't help his path action overlaps with Cyrus who is the party's Black Mage so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

So far, the only game I have ever played that made healers interesting is Etrian Odyssey, because all of its Healers can do stuff inbetween heals and also stack up passive heals and the like. Medics can go offensive with Stun locks, War Magi have double heals, priority and their JoAT skillset alongside busted offensive skills, and Hound Rover can just leave the guest party member do the job passively while inflicting binds.

**** man, I'm jelly, had to go digital because no way they'd be releasing that here. What does it have?
It has a music CD, a coin, the game, a cloth with the map on one side and the 8 characters on the other and a pop up book with 8 pages one for each of the heroes.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
From my experience, the secret to making healers that aren't boring to play is to make them a catgirl with some kind of British accent and unique dialect and also make them a sass lord.

It also helps to design their healing mechanics to be interesting and synergistic with the rest of the game's/character's mechanics. and also make it so they can do more than just heal

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So after you beat their prologue you can go basically anywhere?

I don’t know if I shoukd go to get Therion or Ophilia first...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wow, face reveals?

The joke lost its punch the last four times it was used for a copout.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Cyrus has the realiest prologue ever

>Pays more attention to one student then the other
>dumb broad gets jealous he isnt paying enough attention to her and makes up a lie that he is in a relationship with her classmate
>Cyrus gets a forced sabbatical and has to leave the school
>Girl says "Omg im so sorry. I was just jelly"
>Cyrus, being the sweet gentleman he is, accepts the apology amd leaves the city

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

thats because she is Obligatory Cleric #247195.

i only have her for healing and reallu nothing more

yet people love her for...some reason

like Alfyn also heals and yet he aint as bori g as her
I like her character and story but in terms of gameplay, she's a bit bland.
Like, even Cyrus just straight up being a Black Mage is more interesting simply because his character conflicts with the usual trope of the archetype.
Ophilia is the kind and nice Cleric and I'm just waiting for her to say "my heals aren't that good but I hope they help"

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Cyrus has the realiest prologue ever

>Pays more attention to one student then the other
>dumb broad gets jealous he isnt paying enough attention to her and makes up a lie that he is in a relationship with her classmate
>Cyrus gets a forced sabbatical and has to leave the school
What a *****!

D

Deleted member

Oh boy someone say face reveal?

My face is technically in the picture

Last edited by a moderator:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Fine, fine. I'll reveal my face too.

1531529363062.jpeg

Yep, that's me! :awesome:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wasn’t calling you a *****, Obobo. I was talking about the student.

So you’re playing as Cyrus, and I’m Primrose. Who did you pick @Shishœ?
>Has best boy as my icon
>Has been talking about good and cool he is
I dunno
spoiler: it's Therion

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Some users like to think that Im a Mythra IRL when interacting with me, lets keep it like that you perverts :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know that SP glitch going on in FE Heroes right now?

Well apparently a Japanese player posted on an official Japanese community forum for FE Heroes asking if there would be any penalty for players taking advantage of the glitch, and an admin responded saying that there will be no penalty for anyone using the glitch.

So go ham while you can if you have SP to grind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...ill_not_be_punishing_users_for_the_sp_glitch/

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thinking a little on a writing idea again, as usual don't think I'm quite there to writing the concept I'm thinking.

One of the many misconceptions about magic is that it's sterile. Like a gas or a dust that scatters around every which place, settling in one spot more than another and free to be picked up and tossed up. That it's a resource that builds up over eons and can be used up in seconds, like a lake of oil sitting under the ocean. In truth it's nothing of that sort at all. Nor is it like a plant, delicately growing into things and being preened and fertilized. Magic isn't a force, it's the body and breath of very much conscious, intelligent, and utterly bored life. Not evil, really, but oh so often with a troublesome and narcissistic personality so overpowering it's easy to see why the assumption would be made. Terror and abomination from places beyond places, struck with the inspiration to seep between the cracks of flesh and bone.

You don't decide you want to have magic. Magic decides it wants to have you.

And if it does decide that it wants you, it will take you. Forcefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom