• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Smash Ultimate so far technically has exactly 3 Links, 2 Zeldas, and 1 Ganon(dorf). Just realized this recently.

D

Deleted member

I'm doing Cyrus's chapter and wow I didn't expect his personality to be anyrhing like this. Like, he's an actual professor, I thought he was just some nerd seeking for knowledge like the FE Mages but damn I fell in love with him and his voice.
He's getting a spot in my party now, that's for sure.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Obligatory reminder that anyone who posts untagged spoilers of Octopath from Chapters 2 and beyond is getting shot.
Cyrus is Primrose's son from the future. He has her brand in his eye.

D

Deleted member

I started playing the single player campaign of Splatoon 1 recently, since my friend recommended me to play it before I sell it and move on to Splatoon 2 (which will likely be bundled with the Switch I'll be getting).
It's pretty fun, though the controls are a bit hard for me to get used to (Yeah it's actually my first time playing Splatoon ever and I don't have a Pro controller).
I originally intended to play Return to Dream Land which I burrowed from a friend recently, but both my Motion Sensor Bar and my Wiimotes caused problems, so I wasn't able to do that.
I'm not that handsome lmao
No, but your beard and hair looks similar to his.
Obligatory reminder that anyone who posts untagged spoilers of Octopath from Chapters 2 and beyond is getting shot.
Han Solo dies.

D

Deleted member

Cyrus and his story completely blew my expectations, I have been a fool for sleeping on him. But how dense can this guy be, Therese wants the D, dude

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
But I would tho.

Not to mention I would be writing a 3-page essay on the DK Rap.
You should write it anyway. :v

here's my face reveal
of my best friends

Top 10 Best twists in Anime 2018. :v

Seconded. And if anyone seriously tries to spoil me, I will be busting the old dead joke, I use. :v

Anyway, since all you did here:

Say hello to the seven cats I live with.

IMG_5948.JPG

IMG_5949.JPG

The one next to the PS4 controller is my cat.
IMG_5950.JPG

She's the Grandma cat.
IMG_5951.JPG

She's the mother of all the cats, except the Grandma kitty. :)

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I'm doing Cyrus's chapter and wow I didn't expect his personality to be anyrhing like this. Like, he's an actual professor, I thought he was just some nerd seeking for knowledge like the FE Mages but damn I fell in love with him and his voice.
He's getting a spot in my party now, that's for sure.
I just did his story, and I already like him too hahaha. His gimmick is literally Ace Attorney Investigations, using "logic". I'm going to call him Edgeworth from now on. Pretty interesting so far.

Cyrus and his story completely blew my expectations, I have been a fool for sleeping on him. But how dense can this guy be, Therese wants the D, dude
Speaking of Theresa, her voice is from Brianna Knickerbocker right? She just sounds like Sakura lmao. And agreed, Cyrus better give her the D by the end of his story or I'm going to be disappointed lol.

D

Deleted member

Goodness I am suddenly remembering the time my father told me about when my cousin's Club Penguin account was hacked and he blamed it on my brother.

:lol:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Imo, Mortal Kombat's lore wasn't decent until the ninth game, which basically resetted everything.
Bruh...

MK's lore was MUCH better before they rebooted the timeline.

All you need to do is check out the character backstories to see for yourself.

D

Deleted member

I was debating about starting my own thread about "Guess that character!".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah I managed the two new five stars, so here’s what I pulled yesterday:
I didn’t pull any new summer units but I got my first mist and Eiricika horse form!

Mist is plus attack minus def, a perfect iv set for her. Which I was disappointed by her pitty breaking but now I have a disgusting build to give her that can make healer emblem scary.

Eiricka is also plus attack but minus speed. The bane is a little rough but she is pushing 64 attack and 50 speed which is still crazy so she will hit hard. Pretty happy, but hope to get more of the summer units as they are all strong things to have

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I had been concerned over availability of Sonic Mania Plus because I was tight for money this week, but it turns out I had a copy pre-ordered and paid for since ages ago, and it's now been dispatched. This is odd, as I remember them trying to take payment for the game and declining it, cancelling my order.

Well it turns out the game that got cancelled was actually my pre-order for Spyro, which they momentarily tried to set aside money for, but I must not have had enough money in my account at that exact time, or maybe it was during that time earlier this year where my bank locked my account for the day when I was buying my PC parts almost all at once.

So yeah, turns out I'm getting a copy of Sonic Mania Plus. And since these are the same guys who got me Sonic Forces and Dissidia NT a day before they both launched, I might get this a day early too.

I may not play it though, as my physical PS4 copy is for collection purposes. I bought the PS4 Collector's Edition of the original game so I wanted this to go with that, I think it may even fit in the Collector's Edition display box. I'm planning to also buy the DLC version on Switch and PC, and maybe on PS4 too, so I see no point in using the disc from the physical version.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
- fighting game lore
Obligatory reminder that Blazblue's lore is a mess.

Here's the simplest bit though:
Untitled.png

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I had tried the Octopath demo a little bit. Enjoyed the game decently enough, but I've been spoiled with RPGs recently and haven't had to deal with random encounters in a long time and it is really annoying to go back. It is system that just feels so tedious and lazy to me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For some reason, I very recently remembered having owned a few of these as a kid:

A Pixter. A handheld gaming device that Mattel made for a few years. Come to think of it, after the Gamecube, this was one of the first video game devices I ever owned. I ended up getting the original (which was very limited graphically, all simple black and white pixels, so not very impressive) and a Pixter Color, and I think one that was called a Multimedia Pixter, something like that......

Out of curiosity, is anyone else here just young enough to remember seeing these, or even owning one? They were mostly geared towards young kids, as were the games, which were usually pretty simple (and in some cases may have even been educational games) so naturally I lost interest in them as I grew older, and eventually ended up getting rid of them and my cartridges for them altogether (IIRC, I had most of them donated). They seem to be......pretty obscure, nowadays. I've never once seen someone else bring one up in a conversation, and information on the systems across the Internet is apparently really scarce. Although, given their young intended audience and the product line's short lifespan (I hear that the line was produced for about seven years, from 2000 to 2007) I'm not very surprised.

I really don't know why I'm remembering that I owned a few of these long ago all of the sudden, but I did. Looking back, I'd actually say they made up a good portion of my childhood gaming experience. Despite that, I can't remember the games themselves very well at all.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Bruh...

MK's lore was MUCH better before they rebooted the timeline.

All you need to do is check out the character backstories to see for yourself.
Well, technically speaking, it isn't really a "reboot"

Raiden just went back in time to try and prevent Armageddon... only to screw things up even more for everyone. :V

Jokes aside though, I'd argue the first trilogy's lore was handled a bit better in MK9. But that's just me.

Also, MKX sadly falls under the same kind of problem as Street Fighter, where a lot of the lore is in comic books.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Can't decide which Off the Hook amiibo to scan first. Fave first or best for last?

Edit: Best for last

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
on my way to work and exhausted already, take a month off and you feel like **** X-X
- Gf's doing better. Not perfect, but better. That she's eating again in the first place is a massive improvement. That I'm bringing her chicken and waffle sliders from White Castle can...probably be forgiven I guess.
thats great considering the **** thats been hitting the fan, we'll take any sign of improvement, keep her going red!

D

Deleted member

My dream was incredibly stupid.

So I had one dream where there was some party house and around the left was a cave. It was being blocked and these monster things would not let me through so I had to fight one with a sword and defeated him and he was all bloody. So the monster let me through the portal and what not.

Then I was in some kind of dinner table with the four characters in my avatar and some teenage black girl and then Hitler ( Yes, I have no idea why Hitler was in my dream. ) and we have to spy on him and then we just talk to him about how bad he is or whatever and then I wake up.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Most fighting game lores start out pretty solid, but it gets muddled up in the later games. Maybe because too many side stories get cut, and adding in a bunch a newer faces doesn't make things easier.

MK fixed this by resetting and telling 4 games story in 2 releases.
Tekken had a bunch of retcons to established stuff(namely the origin of the devil power, and WHY Heihachi threw Kaz off the cliff), only for us to be left with Lars and Alisa. T1-T3 told a fairly solid story.
Fatal Fury's lore is pretty clean, but we still don't have a follow up game to Mark of the Wolves.
Street Fighter has a bunch of spin-offs and refuses to move past 3rd Strike, making it hard to follow.
KI only really has 3 games, so not too hard to follow if you feel like getting into it.
Soul Calibur is about to pull a MK9, thankfully because the newer characters were mostly unlikable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just did his story, and I already like him too hahaha. His gimmick is literally Ace Attorney Investigations, using "logic". I'm going to call him Edgeworth from now on. Pretty interesting so far.

Speaking of Theresa, her voice is from Brianna Knickerbocker right? She just sounds like Sakura lmao. And agreed, Cyrus better give her the D by the end of his story or I'm going to be disappointed lol.
I really like how well Cyrus can read others, well, for the most part. His detective prowess is something I also liked too and I hope his story has more moments like this.
Also, WHAT THE HECK THEY'RE GIVING EVERY NPC A BACKSTORY. Scrutinize is a really fun Path Action to use, with finding hidden items and grtting discounts and other kinds of events.

NO, SHE'S HIS STUDENT, BAD APOLLO
also because I'm already shipping him with Therion because their interactions would be amazing and they're totally the duo that goes
Cyrus: "Therion, no!"
Therion: "Therion, yes!"

Also, speaking of Path Actions, I'm loving Provoke from H'aanit, though I plan on replacing her with Olberic once I get him. It gives you the ability to do what everyone playing an RPG has ever wished for. Like, NPC blocking your path? Just kick his goddamn ass. That dude is being a jerk with you? Kick his ass. That person realized you were stealing from him and you have savescummed repeatedly because you just want that goddamn Silver Sword and it's 65% why is this so hard? KICK. HIS. ASS.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, technically speaking, it isn't really a "reboot"

Raiden just went back in time to try and prevent Armageddon... only to screw things up even more for everyone. :V

Jokes aside though, I'd argue the first trilogy's lore was handled a bit better in MK9. But that's just me.

Also, MKX sadly falls under the same kind of problem as Street Fighter, where a lot of the lore is in comic books.
Not really actually. A lot of things in the Original Timeline were changed up for some reason.

Instead of Raiden's message going back in time, it was a different re-collection of events that were told from the original trilogy. Even before any timeline's events were changed.

The vibe that both timelines give out are much different as well. The new timeline feels more like watching a Saturday Morning Cartoon whereas the old one felt like reading ancient mythology from thousands of years ago.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not really actually. A lot of things in the Original Timeline were changed up for some reason.

Instead of Raiden's message going back in time, it was a different re-collection of events that were told from the original trilogy. Even before any timeline's events were changed.

The vibe that both timelines give out are much different as well. The new timeline feels more like watching a Saturday Morning Cartoon whereas the old one felt like reading ancient mythology from thousands of years ago.
But Raiden's message did go back in time, and while it's mostly a retelling, the MK3 part gets changed a lot.

Sure, it's a similar outcome, with Shao Kahn being banished and all, but that's pretty much the only similarity there is, because everyone but Shinnok, Quan Chi, Kano, Scorpion, Johnny Cage, Sonya and Raiden ****ing died after MK9. EVERYONE! That **** didn't happen in the OT.

(Kenshi, Rain and Skarlet don't count because they weren't part of the story, neither does any cameo of an NPC, I'm talking roster here)

And to make things worse, the dead ones were brougth back as undead slaves, so basically, everyone was a bad guy. And only two or three of them managed to be saved, by which I mean only Sub-Zero and Jax.

And honestly, I only get a Saturday Morning Cartoon vibe from MKX which, given the fact that the Cage family got the spotlight this time around, is probably the most fitting way they could've handled it. :lol:

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Smash has pretty easy to understand lore, just look at the intros
My response, literally what lore? :v

Also, I don't know if I shared this, but its heartwarming so I'm sharing it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom