• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally finished naming all my Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii amiibo. It was a challenge fitting them into a 10 character limit (and think up good ones). They can range from serious, jokes, fun, or something that relates to them (some might be bad :p). I also did the Ultimate characters when/if I get them.

3DS/Wii U
:4mario:Malleo
:4drmario:Doc Peelz
:4luigi:Weegee
:4peach:Toadstool
:rosalina:Mama
:4bowser:Da Bowz
:4bowserjr:Koopaling
:4yoshi:Yoob
:4wario:WA!
:4dk:Expand
:4diddy:Hoo Hah
:4link:Rinku
:4tlink:Cat Eyes
:4zelda:Excuse Me
:4sheik:Naruto
:4ganondorf:POWER!
:4falcon:HYES!
:4fox:Stair Fax
:4falco:Dat Ain't
:4samus:Crawl
:4zss:The Baby
:4kirby:Poyo
:4dedede:Buff Him
:4metaknight:Blue Kirb
:4ness:O-Kay
:4lucas:Dead Mom
:4marth:Pretty Boi
:4feroy:Our Boy
:4myfriends:My Friends
:4lucina:Girl Marth
:4robinm:Tip Scales
:4corrin:Hoshido
:4corrinf:Nohr
:4shulk:Feeling It
:4charizard:Not Dragon
:4pikachu:Ketchup
:4jigglypuff:Pudding
:4mewtwo:Dr. Fuji
:4lucario:Da AURA
:4greninja:Nerfed
:4villager:In Debt
:4littlemac:Mac Baby
:4olimar:Orima
:4pit:Arm
:4palutena:Lady
:4darkpit:Pittoo
:4duckhunt:Bow Wow
:4rob:Gyromite [NES R.O.B.]
:4rob:Stack-Up [Famicon R.O.B.]
:4gaw:Beep Boop
:4wiifit:Wiid Phat
:4miibrawl:Miicho
:4miigun:Miichete
:4miisword:Miisile
:4sonic:Blonic
:4bayonetta:Cheshire
:4bayonetta2:Legs McGee
:4megaman:Beck
:4ryu:Streets
:4pacman:Wakka
:4cloud:C-Loud
:4cloud2:Randall

Ultimate
:ultdaisy:HI I'M
:ultyounglink:Kokiri Boy
:ultwolf:Awooo!
:ultridley:Engage MF
:ultpokemontrainer:Not Ash
:ivysaur:Brute Root
:squirtle:Cowabunga
:ultpichu:Sparky
:ultinkling:Splat Tim
:ulticeclimbers:Pona Napo
:ultsnake:David
Peach was original going to be called "Not Daisy" but once Ultimate was revealed...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Its hard for me to talk about the blazblue fighting game here if no one gives a **** about it.

Im moreso just talking to myself at that point
How would you suggest getting into the series? I got Central Fiction (figuring that it has the most characters) and Cross Tag Battle (figuring that, as a crossover, they'd make it easy for people who might be getting this for the Persona or RWBY characters), but the story modes in both games seem to throw a lot of terms at you with no explanation for what they mean. (unless you start digging into the glossary, which has hundreds if not thousands of entries)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I only had one Smash Amiibo, and that was Fox. Based him entirely off of Wolf.

Named him 'Wolf', chose the 'Wolf' color palette, and his customs were the closest I could get to Wolf's. Then I jacked up his strength and defense while reducing his speed. Got him as close as I could. He hit like a truck.

Looks like I'll have to change that with Ultimate, though, now that Wolf is back. I'll probably base him around James or Marcus this time.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
How would you suggest getting into the series? I got Central Fiction (figuring that it has the most characters) and Cross Tag Battle (figuring that, as a crossover, they'd make it easy for people who might be getting this for the Persona or RWBY characters), but the story modes in both games seem to throw a lot of terms at you with no explanation for what they mean. (unless you start digging into the glossary, which has hundreds if not thousands of entries)
Cross tag is the game that got me into fightung games and yeah its pretty 'easy' because auto combos and in all honestly, you still have to be on your toes even with Auto combos.
I mostly bought cross tage for Persona and couldnt care less about the rwby people. All of their songs song suck so bad imo. not gonna lie tho, these fighting game terms are tripping me up
Aww, well I did play the demo and I liked it, maybe I'll pick it up sometime.
its actually a really fun game.even when I lose matches I can feel Im gettingbetter unlike with Smash since I actually have to think lol

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Cross tag is the game that got me into fightung games and yeah its pretty 'easy' because auto combos and in all honestly, you still have to be on your toes even with Auto combos.
I mostly bought cross tage for Persona and couldnt care less about the rwby people. All of their songs song suck so bad imo. not gonna lie tho, these fighting game terms are tripping me up

its actually a really fun game.even when I lose matches I can feel Im gettingbetter unlike with Smash since I actually have to think lol
Sounds good. I'm completely unfamiliar with Persona; is there anything I'll need to know going into Cross Tag Battle? (with BlazBlue, one of the first things that they mentioned was something called "phenomena intervention", and I was already lost)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Sounds good. I'm completely unfamiliar with Persona; is there anything I'll need to know going into Cross Tag Battle? (with BlazBlue, one of the first things that they mentioned was something called "phenomena intervention", and I was already lost)
There is literaly so much with this game with tagging, tag skills, distortion amd Astral finishes. I think this page would help
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=BBTag/Offense

About some of the characters. Yu is hecka strong, Azrael would eat your ass whole, Gordoau has the reach of Marth, Ruby is annoying both voice wise and fighting wise, Tagers ****ing magnets, how do they work. one of my mains is Yosuke and he zipps around (and I love it)

D

Deleted member

I'm going to see Incredibles 2 soon.
This is the second time I'm seeing a movie in theaters entirely by myself. Its gonna be fun.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Do you even have Splatoon?

Of course I have Splatoon.

How did you not know I had Splatoon.

I keep getting screwed out of splatfests because Friday I work and Saturday's my game night but I've still got 70 hot trash Dualie hours logged.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have yet to buy the game because hey they manage with their DLCs, but hey at least Yang and Blake (Bumblebee duo) are free DLC.
I'm not familiar with any series besides RWBY, the RWBY you see are the Volume 1 ~ 3 designs.
As for the song in RWBY it depends on which one imo, I enjoy Yang's theme "I Burn" the most, also "Gold" is also good because of it's lyrics (Not sure if it's in the game... I'm guessing it's not)
I mean... the reason why RWBY is popular in Japan and Taiwan, and even to this day is not just it's show alone, but more of its fanbase, and glad that Roosterteeth acknowledges that, they flourish the series via fanarts, AU fanfics and comics. This is why they release RWBY Anthologies recently, comics and artworks from many well known RWBY artists.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I was gonna download a Ds emulator for my phone, but um...

Yeah don't do that with an android. My phone nearly hit the ****ter. Lol

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Do you even have Splatoon?
Speaking of Splatoon 2
Played a couple of Salamon Run and finally reached to Profreshional.

And some Splatoon 2 Turf Wars to try out the new stage, so far the stage Albacore Hotel reminds me of Marwana Mall and Kelp Dome combined...

I recently get 6 streak loss in Blackbelly Skatepark with Hero Dualies... which made my Hero Dualie's Freshness dropped from 8.5 to 5.5 ... so... yeah I found myself lose a lot in stages that just have curves.

What's more ashamed was that there was one match where it was 4v3, and we actually lost... and then later it was 3 v 4, urgh...

I have said this many time but screw those chargers... imagine when there's 3 and they are just having decent aim for no fricking reason... it really makes you want to nerf those chargers.
And the new weapon Explosher, probably my most HATED weapon to face with. It's kind of like the Jet Special but just shoot on the ground... it's really frustrating.

Also screw one dude who is a Dualie... it's normal for me to hate those Dualies who are OP so...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I have yet to buy the game because hey they manage with their DLCs, but hey at least Yang and Blake (Bumblebee duo) are free DLC.
I'm not familiar with any series besides RWBY, the RWBY you see are the Volume 1 ~ 3 designs.
As for the song in RWBY it depends on which one imo, I enjoy Yang's theme "I Burn" the most, also "Gold" is also good because of it's lyrics (Not sure if it's in the game... I'm guessing it's not)
I mean... the reason why RWBY is popular in Japan and Taiwan, and even to this day is not just it's show alone, but more of its fanbse, and glad that Roosterteeth acknowledges that, they flourish the series via fanarts, AU fanfics and comics. This is why they release RWBY Anthologies recently, comics and artworks from many well known RWBY artists.
I just dont like any of their songs. Blakes theme in the game is fine until the singing happens, then its ruined. the rest of the songs I listen to my own music when they play

Worst yet is Blakes theme, it happens when she is on low health automatically when she, I guess, powers up but it doesnt stop when she dies so I could be jamming out to the song MOTOR HEAD and I burn ruins it

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
One song I hope makes it into Smash is Proteus Ridley's Phase 2 Theme from Samus Returns.

All the phases are food but that one's my favorite. :ultridley:

D

Deleted member

Well I stayed up almost all night until I got only a few sleep.
I watched FMA:B for too long.
I went from Season 1: Episode 9 to Season 3: Episode 8 ( Halfway on my Episode.... ). O_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hello, resident fighting game nerd here.
Really the big first thing I'd say is understanding what moves go into what. Like yeah there's auto-combos but you can combo moves into jumps/other attacks. Usually it goes something like A>B>C, but only in that direction. You can't go from like B to A, but you can go to like A to C.
The other is just I'd say general approaching. Tag Battle, like the anime fighters it's based on, is big on the offense. Knowing what works to poke in or getting in, and every character is different about this.

Also, if you need to look up **** or just want to get an explanation on mechanics, I recommend Dustloop.
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle
Dustloop primarily focuses on if you play these games competitively (like frame data and ****), but even then it's a great resource even if you're just looking into how certain elements work. They also do like Guilty Gear, Central Fiction and Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Edit: I will say I know for a lot of newcomers this seems really daunting. But trust me when I say 80% of fighting games is muscle memory. Once you get down to playing the game it becomes a lot more understandable than just reading it.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Tiki Taka bye bye Spain
Surprised Ramos didn't slip and send the penalty to the moon in that weather

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Thank you Mother Russia
Who the ref was actually talking to when he denied Spain a clear penalty:

Neither side deserved to go through though lol. Wish they'd just let England and Colombia's match be the quarter final after such a disgraceful showing from Spain and Russia.

D

Deleted member

Who the ref was actually talking to when he denied Spain a clear penalty:

Neither side deserved to go through though lol. Wish they'd just let England and Colombia's match be the quarter final after such a disgraceful showing from Spain and Russia.

Wait what do you mean by "disgraceful showing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom