• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Look, I really feel the need to say something here.

You don't get to be both the antagonist and the victim. You came in here and derailed the thread to say you pissed people off and stirred up drama for no reason. Then the mods needed to get involved and you immediately went to the "guess I better leave" thing, only to come back and say this after you clearly see everyone is over it.

What you did was stupid, not gonna sugarcoat it. Going into support threads to denounce your "allegiance" to the character or whatever you said you did just stirs up needless drama when you can choose not to post in that thread. I've had some poor experiences with specific K. Rool fans in the past but I'd never go and antagonize the fans in their own thread, especially since folks like Bkupa and Banjodorf and lots of other folks there are really nice and chill people. And considering folks are already giving Decidueye fans flack because of what you did just makes me regret giving the Decidueye thread to you. :/

You don't need to continue bringing it up. It was dumb. Learn from it and don't dwell on it. Don't keep bringing it up when the thread very clearly moved past it.
My post was a joke, but you're right.
I don't have the right to play the victim, and I shouldn't have stirred any drama to begin with. I should've just left the thread, quitely, without commenting.
It was a stupid thing to do and I won't do it again.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Make an appeal. I'm sure we can remove it, since that's somewhat unfair situation-wise. :)
oh that was like, a year ago in the smash social lol Everyone was all mad about Nintendos direct or e3 or something and I snapped and called everyone ***** because they were taking their anger out on nintendo when they should of kept their expectations in check xD Think did challenge it when it did happen and explained that it wasn't censored to begin with.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
You should have spend that time watching FIFA World Cup Germany VS Sweden...

Damn that free shot made by Germany at the last second was so clean!
I was rooting for Sweden in that match, but I'm proud of Germany for clutching out the win at the end there. That final goal was something of beauty.

Btw go Spain and Argentina! :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Google knowing what I'm going to look up from just a couple of words is kinda creepy,

I typed in "How does r" and it filled in the rest. On a subject I never looked up before.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm sure there a lot of K. Rool fans who are obnoxious. Comes with the territory when the fanbase is so large. We could get into how big the Smash fanbase is and how many toxic people are in it if you really wanted to.

What I don't get is the idea that the K. Rool fanbase is now deemed toxic thus it's okay to antagonize us, or say we're the worst, or be mad because we're... confident in his chances? I've seen more hostility towards the character and his fans in the last few months than I have the reverse, people anticipating meltdowns or saying they're sick of hearing about him, or even saying they don't support the character anymore because of it.

Nobody is saying you have to like the character or anything. But because a few people went off the handle 3 years ago over DLC, we're still paying the price for it even though in the here and now, I'm noticing way more toxic attitudes in the opposite direction.

That's my take. Maybe I'm totally wrong and we're out here trolling threads and I don't know about it. Maybe we're the Titanic, too big to fail. But all I've seen is boogeymen about mean K. Rool fans while I'm actually seeing people be mean to K. Rool fans in recent times. I know for a fact there are fans who don't want to post because they perceive the community as being toxic to them.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You know what fans I can’t stand?

Mario fans. They hoist him up like he’s a god or something but he’s actually just a fat Italian plumber with overalls that somehow bumbles his way through every world crisis. And how he got his hands on pyrokinesis is beyond me. Makes me wonder if I should of went to a trade school rather than a state university.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was rooting for Sweden in that match, but I'm proud of Germany for clutching out the win at the end there. That final goal was something of beauty.

Btw go Spain and Argentina! :)
Well... For now it is either Germany or Sweden to advance, it all comes down to whether Sweden can win Mexico or not but it is a bit unlikely.

And Argentina is just a sad story...

For those playing Splatoon 2, with my WiFi being awkwardly crappy. I think I done with this Splatfest. Too bad I can't reach to No-pulp queen...

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
First four characters for the CSW prototype were released today. don't have anyone to play with locally (:() but it looks like the characters an assets are compatible with other versions of MUGEN, so online play should be possible.

There's at least 7 other finished characters that are going to be released, namely whoever was shown off in the demos. Can't wait for the rest to come.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ve been watching a little soccer but all they show here is Japan vs who-ever. If I want to watch others matches, I have to use the interwebs.

I took my car in on a Friday for a routine two year mandatory inspection. Two years ago, I costed me around $800 so I figured it would be more of the same. Our other car, the family car, is much bigger and the inspection cost will obviously be bigger. The one I took in is smaller. I picked it up yesterday when it was done and he gave me the bill. It totaled up to $1,300. I was pretty shocked considering that’s more than what I estimated the larger car to cost. So I have to go and pay for that by next Friday :/

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Well... For now it is either Germany or Sweden to advance, it all comes down to whether Sweden can win Mexico or not but it is a bit unlikely.

And Argentina is just a sad story...
They are. Messi's got a lot on his mind too after that upset against Croatia. I still think Argentina could rise from the ashes again though. They have some talent from what I've heard, and Messi's one of the strongest in the world. Hopefully it was just an off-game for him. He happens to be one of my favorite players from FC Barcelona as well, and FC Barcelona is my favorite soccer team in general.

D

Deleted member

StormC StormC I apologize about what I did. I have no reason to go out of my way to troll a fanbase, especially that of a character as popular as K. Rool.
I'd be a hypocrite if I said that the K. Rool fanbase is completely awful, especially since I hate generalizing entire fanbases based on one person's behavior. What I did was wrong, and it won't happen again.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Most of them have so much because I used them in a Tempest Trial and gained lots of HM. But there are some of them that I haven't used in forever lol.
Same case with me lol. However I use many of my units right now to figure out Infernal maps to the point I don't have a defined main team anymore :p

I don't remember using Cherche enough to get her to 4,000... She's a good unit, though, so it probably just adds up without really noticing it. A lot of these are units I barely even use any more, too, such as Camus. I got him to 3,000 not long after he was released, and then barely touched him after, with how other units passed him by pretty quickly.

Also sitting on close to 80,000 feathers with no idea of what to spend them on. Can't decide between investing in a few more merges for Leon or Titania, or building some units I've been sitting on for a while, like Oliver or Merric or Saias.
You should invest on Leon, dude's amazing in GC.

Pictured below: what happens when your team consists of the same three guys and a rotating fourth most of the time. The drop off is real. :p
The surprising thing is seeing Sigurd!Chrom under 1000 :p

Props for using Cordy btw :V
I grew fond of her and I decided to invest on the regular one despite the artwork is not the best.

Also Brave Quads

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Same case with me lol. However I use many of my units right now to figure out Infernal maps to the point I don't have a defined main team anymore :p

You should invest on Leon, dude's amazing in GC.

The surprising thing is seeing Sigurd!Chrom under 1000 :p

Props for using Cordy btw :V
I grew fond of her and I decided to invest on the regular one despite the artwork is not the best.

Also Brave Quads
Cordelia was actually the first five star hero I ever pulled, haha. She carried me through a ton of stuff early on and is still crucial to my Flier team, alongside Caeda. :D

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm shocked, and saddened about what I've read for the last 6-7 pages.

I know there are trolls out there, and I know some people are unfortuanately mean against each other, but from my view, what Lampy even said in the K. Rool thread was not bad at all, really. Now what was bad, was the response he got when he posted it in here.

People started to encourage bullying, targeting a crowd, by putting all of one fictional character into a group of stereotypes, based on what some individuals have done in the past. I was sickened to see encouragement for bullying, trolling or not, it should not be ok.

It is sad that a game you are passionate about, a fictional video character you wish to see in a game makes you bad, because you support said character. I've never felt targeted, and I'm not coming out here trying to feel that way, but I think the whole bullying thing here is not something that should be encouraged, but rather handle with caution.

Smash is just a game, and if people are passionate about it, I think it's good, but every individual is responsible for their own action. Their preference should not be reflected on a whole group of fans, just because they are in the same fanclub as a couple of individuals who have made wrong decisions.

I'm pretty much just at a loss of words, this is really sad to read from a website you use daily, and have a lot of fun with.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just recently learned that Adventure Time is going to have a crossover episode with, of all things......Minecraft.

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about that. But I at least know that I don't dislike it. :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They are. Messi's got a lot on his mind too after that upset against Croatia. I still think Argentina could rise from the ashes again though. They have some talent from what I've heard, and Messi's one of the strongest in the world. Hopefully it was just an off-game for him. He happens to be one of my favorite players from FC Barcelona as well, and FC Barcelona is my favorite soccer team in general.
Argentina basically has nothing but Messi Tbh. Even Brazil realizes that they can't always rely Neymar... Even they still do...

I also love how the Iceland goalkeeper managed to block Messi's penalty kick.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Argentina basically has nothing but Messi Tbh. Even Brazil realizes that they can't always rely Neymar... Even they still do...

I also love how the Iceland goalkeeper managed to block Messi's penalty kick.
Hmmm...then again I dunno much about the World Cup. I've only been following it lightly and I'm not too knowledgeable on it, nor do I know which sources are best for getting accurate opinions on which teams are the best.

But anyway, are there any teams that you are rooting *against*?

D

Deleted member

I think it might be a good idea for me to go outside, get some fresh air, and stay away from this website for some time.
It would be good for me and everyone else. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
StormC StormC I apologize about what I did. I have no reason to go out of my way to troll a fanbase, especially that of a character as popular as K. Rool.
I'd be a hypocrite if I said that the K. Rool fanbase is completely awful, especially since I hate generalizing entire fanbases based on one person's behavior. What I did was wrong, and it won't happen again.
I accept the apology. It's cool. We all do dumb **** sometimes.

Honestly, my problem mostly was when I came to this thread and saw people actively cheering you on. I won't name names but those people know who they are. Why? What have we honestly done besides be mad at a video game a few years ago? Or feel we have a good chance this time around because of the ballot and Ridley? Are we the "worst" for that?

In full transparency, I only joined SmashBoards back in 2014 to discuss K. Rool. Sometimes I'll venture out of the thread to see what's up. And sometimes (not all the time, or even most of the time), there is an undercurrent of condescension against the character and his fans. I see vague "toxic" behaviors mentioned that were mostly three freaking years ago done by a small minority. All those posts do is make me think I should stay in the K. Rool thread.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I think it might be a good idea for me to go outside, get some fresh air, and stay away from this website for some time.
It would be good for me and everyone else.
While some fresh air is good for everyone once in a while, I don't think you need to leave.
You apologized, and you actually reflected over what decision you took.

I think that is a step in a great direction. Enjoy your stay, have fun.
I don't think you wish to hurt anyone, really, and after an experience like this, I hope more people learn from both things you did, really.
As, apologizing for something you did is actually not something everyone can do.

D

Deleted member

While some fresh air is good for everyone once in a while, I don't think you need to leave.
You apologized, and you actually reflected over what decision you took.

I think that is a step in a great direction. Enjoy your stay, have fun.
I don't think you wish to hurt anyone, really, and after an experience like this, I hope more people learn from both things you did, really.
As, apologizing for something you did is actually not something everyone can do.
I'm not gonna leave, just take a break for like a week or so.
It could help me relieve some stress.

D

Deleted member

Why is everyone stressing out Lampy?
He is a good boy who just needs to be taught lessons from time to time like me.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
What did Lampy do?
He made a silly comment and thought he was offensive, posted it here, and people cheered him on, trolling and making "chaos" in the K. Rool thread. While people in the K. Rool thread did not think anything of it, at all, it was not cruel, it was not offensive, it was more a silly joke or a troll.

What where wrong where people thinking he really stirred something up, and where happy that the "toxic" fanbase would escalate something, and errupt into a vulcano, which in fact where wrong, as nothing escalated, only people in here cheering on and doing encouragement of bullying, which is never ok, trolling or not, but I feel the discussion itself is over at this point, which I'm fine with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom