• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I think I'll be waiting until the end to react to the presentation.

On another note, I've now managed to type up my complete thoughts on Super Mario Odyssey.

I’m not quite sure where I want to start. But I suppose I good place to begin is the main mechanic of the game, the ability to control enemies. I honestly feel like this is one of the most fun and unique mechanics that has been done in the series in a long time. Not that there haven’t been things that I’ve found fun about the past couple of Mario games, but with the ability to use Cappy to control enemies, the game ends up feeling very fresh and new. Some of my favorites to control were the sea creatures in the Seaside Kingdom (don’t remember their names of the top of my head), the plant creatures in the Wood Kingdom (don’t remember their names either), and the T-Rex, of course.

I also enjoy how much freedom there is with the level design in the game. While I love both Galaxy games to death and enjoyed both 3D Land and 3D World, I feel like Odyssey does a lot with it’s more open ended level design. The Kingdoms in the game have many Power Moons to collect just on your first time through, and even more after you’ve already gone through them once. The Kingdoms themselves also feel very unique, with plenty of interesting locales that haven’t been done before. I also love having new NPCs instead of just Toads, as it makes the places feel more diverse.

I also feel like the bosses felt very diverse in this game. The only boss (at least I think) that’s not new is Bowzer, and even then, he’s fought in a very interesting way that hasn’t been done before. I also feel like the new boss fights are also very good and are fought in unique ways.

Overall, I enjoyed the game quite a lot. It’s probably not on the level of the Galaxy games for me (although, it would be pretty difficult to top those), but I had a lot of fun with it, and if I had actually played it in 2017, it probably would have been my game of the year (that actually released last year).

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
And now for what I consider the Smash anthem:

It ain't far from now. Smash is happening, and most likely the fanbase is gonna explode. Violently.

I'll be here for the ride no matter the result.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
30 minutes.

30 miiiiiiiiiiiinutes.......

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
According to the E3 countdown website, we almost 6 hours away from Nintendo's presentation.
Mythra Mythra , have you made a bingo yet?
Yep, since last saturday:

YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS

View attachment 147399

Some dev notes:
-49 slots is ambicious as ****, but Smash warranted it, also the original idea was 81 slots
-I don't believe we are getting a Pokémon newcomer atm, probably they'll save it for a later event or standalone trailer.
-Im banking on some leaks as you see
-Remember that Wolfenstein trailer where a dude rammed an axe on a nazi's butt?
-I totally forgot ARMS very likely having a newcomer, but Im glad I didn't include it as it is the safest choice
-"Fighter horn blowing"
-Serika please come home
-Bigger image of the Yoshi slot in case you can't read it

-I have images of Mr. Krabs using slot machines, but **** Konami.
-I didn't know if name it "Super Bingo", "Special Bingo" or simply "E3 Bingo" ; credit to this site for the SB font.
-Fellow XCX players know what it feels to get spotted by a high-leveled Tyrant and then run like a ***** just to see Elma getting killed by the indigen behind you.
-Good luck finding the two (or three?) subliminal jokes
-Header inspired by this:

Last edited:

Chrono.

30 minites left boyos.

everysmashtrailer.gif

Before anyone asks yeah this gif was made before Cloud/Bayonetta/Corrin

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think I'm well set up. Have this thread and the Smash Switch discussion thread open in split windows on my surface while my laptop connected to my TV to watch the Direct. Been listening to music for the past few hours now.

Let's go!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So begins the worst part.

Twenty minutes left, and I can't commit to anything else like playing a game especially since the dinner is cookin'.

I hope it's ready on time, I set the oven 50 degrees hotter than usual just in case, lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm listening to the last music I posted, the one before the moon crash.

No matter how this direct go, something is going to crash for sure.

D

Deleted member

I interruot your current Smash hype to bring you all MHA goodness
I don't know where this video came from but I'm not complaining.
There are other gameplay videos on the channel and damn, this game looks better everytime. Boss fights are basically confirmed now. I like how they basically gave Dabi pyrokinesis and his Ultimate is super extra.
And AfO got teased again, just reveal him as playable already!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Freaking love ya guise, it is been a pleasure to ****post with you
Under 20 minutes left holy ****
Time to get the popcorn and my best headphones ready
Amazing stuff is finally coming

If there's anything you need to say to anyone say it now, before this next hour is up.

Because these be Crashboard waters.
Hail HydraMythra

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
15 minutes left until the big presentation!

This song conveys my current mood:

This hype is real!

And now I'm leaving to get ready to watch the Direct. See you all later!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To the more faint of heart, you best take deep breaths.

And here's to some hype Smash, hype Metroid Prime 5, maybe even some Hype Punch-Out!!

EDIT: This might be my last post for a minute, since I don't want to miss much. Luckily with Sony's I saw what I needed to.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
14 minutes.

14 minutes is all I can spare before I blow your mind.

-Sakurai, 2018

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Guys, before Smashboards meets its untimely demise, I just want to let you all know something very important.

when you think about it, ridley actually is rather large

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
8 minutes until Playstation All-Stars! :troll:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Alright: I'm going to head off, although there's a chance I may live react with you guys as the direct goes on. But for now, see you all on the other side!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gonna head off now to watch it. See you whenever smashboards lets me!

D

Deleted member

Ya'll thinking you'll be able to live react when there won't even be a site up to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom