• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought so too.

But it's also comparing 2018 CGI graphics to what 2010 CGI graphics? 8 years of improvements.
But KH3 isn't pre-rendered, that's why it's shocking. It has no right to look better than even a 2010 pre-rendered Disney film.

Guess the art direction is on point.

D

Deleted member

When I was a kid we specifically tried to avoid crappy games.
My childhood was Mario, Roblox and Minecraft. Especially Mario. I stopped playing Roblox a long time ago and I very rarely play Minecraft anymore.

Also RIP Baldi's Bascis in Education for my PC.
( I added no blood because I do not want an infraction. )
Was not a huge difference, but I would like the game back. Ah well.

Chrono.

Looks like Sasuke is confirmed, going by the icons near Freeza, along with someone else - can't tell who, but I'd guess a One Piece character. (looks like Zoro, but it's zoomed in so close to the face that I can't be sure)
Yeah, Zoro and Sasuke are in.

You can see them in a character select pic floating around Twitter.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It does, I'm mostly talking visuals.

Not sure if I'm into the hyper realism they're going for lol.

That and J-Stars played like ***.
I don't mind the environments but the characters looked a bit off in the trailer.

They could have done something similar to World Seeker where it's realistic environments but cel shaded (or cel-shaded like) characters. Not sure how people feel about that, however, as I not everyone likes the contrast present.

D

Deleted member

Thank you Aurane Aurane for making me feel better.
My loss is pretty annoying, but not too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I could see them pairing Saitama with Goku or with the My Hero Academia cast. There's potential with both.
Yes, 100% this. Give me Midoriya interacting with Goku please

Same company, but in Japan, it's in a different magazine. (Young Jump Web Comics, which is aimed at a slightly older demographic)

It's still within the realm of possibility, but I don't know how likely it is. Games like this have gotten Kinnikuman content, but not content for the sequel series Kinnikuman Nisei (better known as Ultimate Muscle), which was published in Weekly Playboy of all things.
Expanding on this, I think One Punch man started out as a Web comic, so not sure how the Jump licence works for One Punch man.

Looks like Sasuke is confirmed, going by the icons near Freeza, along with someone else - can't tell who, but I'd guess a One Piece character. (looks like Zoro, but it's zoomed in so close to the face that I can't be sure)
Hope we get all the Straw Hat Pirates, not just Luffy and Zoro.

Also, I'm all for all the Z-fighters showing up, let's have Yamacha, get Yamcha'd by everyone. :v

D

Deleted member

I see talk about Jump Force, what is it about? And what else did I miss from Bamco?
And, there we have, prove Shishœ is a little fangirl for the Bakagi/Kirishima sip. :v
Hell yes yoi bet I am
And, the subs maybe neutral as to not make those neuritic idiots who won't get that Magne is trans.
I mentioned it because Gwen said the dub had misgendered her, it's a small step forward

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yes, 100% this. Give me Midoriya interacting with Goku please

Expanding on this, I think One Punch man started out as a Web comic, so not sure how the Jump licence works for One Punch man.

Also, I'm all for all the Z-fighters showing up, let's have Yamacha, get Yamcha'd by everyone. :v
I believe you mean Yamcha everyone with Yamcha.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Am I crazy for thinking Rapunzel looks more appealing in KH3?

I think it's because the hair looks more stylised or something. Just goes better with her cartoon design.

There's a lot more going on here than most people will ever notice, and it's partly why I love this industry so much.

There are some things Disney had figured out in 2010 that are still well beyond what modern game engines can handle. But there are just as many things that Disney did in 2010 that have been improved and refined so much in the last few years that even a realtime game engine can get a better result than a massive render farm could less than a decade ago.

The rimlight effect on Game Rapunzel's skin, for example, is a really ingenious hack that was created about four years ago to simulate the light breakup that occurs on skin because of the fine peach fuzz hair that covers it. It's completely missing in Movie Rapunzel, which gives her a kind of plastic-y feel.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I see talk about Jump Force, what is it about? And what else did I miss from Bamco?

Hell yes yoi bet I am

I mentioned it because Gwen said the dub had misgendered her, it's a small step forward
Tales of Vesperia remaster for everything.

D

Deleted member

For those of you who don't get why its called Fallout 76- its because the Vault that this game focuses on is Vault 76, which has had a few mentions in previous Fallout games. So its kind of an important vault.
Oh.... Thank you.

Also I will not give up on my dead Baldi tho.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's a lot more going on here than most people will ever notice, and it's partly why I love this industry so much.

There are some things Disney had figured out in 2010 that are still well beyond what modern game engines can handle. But there are just as many things that Disney did in 2010 that have been improved and refined so much in the last few years that even a realtime game engine can get a better result than a massive render farm could less than a decade ago.

The rimlight effect on Game Rapunzel's skin, for example, is a really ingenious hack that was created about four years ago to simulate the light breakup that occurs on skin because of the fine peach fuzz hair that covers it. It's completely missing in Movie Rapunzel, which gives her a kind of plastic-y feel.
I also noticed that KH Rapunzel has a white glint on her eye as part of the texture, makes her look way more lively at all times. Movie Rapunzel looks kinda soulless in this particular screen, probably due to more realistic lighting preventing the glint and they didn't make it part of her texture to compensate.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I also noticed that KH Rapunzel has a white glint on her eye as part of the texture, makes her look way more lively at all times. Movie Rapunzel looks kinda soulless in this particular screen, probably due to more realistic lighting preventing the glint and they didn't make it part of her texture to compensate.
In the Industry, we call those lights Christmas Lights. It's a very stylized art direction to include them permanently in the iris texture. It looks much, much better in still shots, but in motion the effect is far better just to have natural wetness sheen.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If Fallout 76 is 4 times bigger than Fallout 4, shouldn't it only be called Fallout 16?

76 is 19 times 4.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
All this Fallout talk makes me want to snore. I never understood the fascination behind it

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I can't see us getting all nine or ten of them (depending on whether or not you count the latest member), but even a few more would be nice. J Stars Victory Vs. just had Luffy as far as Straw Hats are concerned.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So, if anyone isn't interested in Bethesda's presentation, or wants something to watch after it's done, check out my last minute pre-E3 project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom