• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So Battletoad, Cuphead DLC, Devil May Cry 5, Death Note and Jump Force?
They look good, but I think Microsoft's E3 will be 2nd.
Nintendo's E3 will be better I am sure about it.
Haven't seen it, but from the looks of everyone else's reactions, I'd say Nintendo needs some really big guns to really take over.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The Quick Select Brush is just a tool Photoshop has. I don't know if Gimp has anything similar. It's basically a more advanced magic wand based on paint strokes. It's an extremely fast and easy way to cut things out of images.
Yeah, we ain't got that one as far as I've been able to tell. Leaves me stuck with the hard way, but weirdly enough that's where half the fun is for me.

Edge detection in GIMP has always been a pain. I've been experimenting with Edge Detect filters, though, and - although it's a great deal slower - I may have some ideas. I did have some success cutting out Kale more efficiently than my prior attempts, but the result remains rough and requires a fair bit of cleanup by hand, which means we ain't there yet.

Fun exercise though. I'll carry on.

If you want some program agnostic tips, look into masking via color channel. The RGB channels can often create far clearer boundaries within images. For example, have you ever struggled for hours trying to cut a person with frizzy hair out of their background? Open up the red channel and often times its a neat perfect hair mask, especially against a blue sky or a green screen.
New stuff by me, and since hair (or thin linework) has always been a special bane of mine, I'm intrigued.

Thank ye, I'll see what I can hunt down on the matter.

D

Deleted member

Haven't seen it, but from the looks of everyone else's reactions, I'd say Nintendo needs some really big guns to really take over.
*cough* *cough*
Smash Bros? Metroid Prime 4? Fire Emblem?
*cough* *cough*
And other more third party games through the Switch?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I hope we see some footage of the Medievil remake.

Sir Daniel was one of my mains in PlayStation All-Stars but never played any of his games so I got my eye on this remake.

D

Deleted member

I hope we see some footage of the Medievil remake.

Sir Daniel was one of my mains in PlayStation All-Stars but never played any of his games so I got my eye on this remake.
Your avatar is not the pleasing to look at. O_O

Also everyone!!!! Who do you think will do better in E3? Xbox or Nintendo?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Everybody sleeping on Sony.

Santa Monica is a two-games-at-a-time studio. They haven't been sitting there twiddling their thumbs since God of War dropped.

And a new Last of Us II trailer has already been repeatedly confirmed.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I mean, I haven't watched ****, but MS has the WinRAR atm with Battletoads because it is ****ing Battletoads :v

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
*cough* *cough*
Smash Bros? Metroid Prime 4? Fire Emblem?
Considering that we haven't heard of anything concerning the new FE since January 2017, I assume the project was cancelled until proof of the contrary. And even then, it's not gonna hit that hard because even though FE is more popular than ever, strategic RPGs just don't appeal to a lot of people. Could make a portion of the Nintendo fanbase excited, but don't expect it to blow up the Internet.

Prime 4 is definitely a hype-bringer, but the thing that would've made the biggest impact was the actual reveal, which was already done last year. Unless they show some really epic bosses and/or the release date is really ****ing close, it's not gonna be as big of a bang as you think.

Smash is really the only potential hard-hitting bringer of hype among those, which makes it a pretty big gamble. It'll definitely deliver, but will it be enough on its own to top the Microsoft stuff? I personally doubt it.

*cough* *cough*
And other more third party games through the Switch?
Most of these will either be indies or ports. Could bring some hype, but not that much hype.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, I haven't watched ****, but MS has the WinRAR atm with Battletoads because it is ****ing Battletoads :v
What about Nintendo? :p
I am not saying Nintendo automatically beats Microsoft, but Nintendo has a chance.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Santa Monica is a two-games-at-a-time studio. They haven't been sitting there twiddling their thumbs since God of War dropped.

I'm actually wondering if they will make another Crash game after the success from the Trilogy. But what they should be doing is remaking CTR as well to bring more of the hypes up. Wouldn't surprise me if we got some of the newer characters being added like Crunch and Nina possibly as DLC

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
All, I know is, that no matter the year, no matter the company.

No one is ever as cringe as EA, these days.

D

Deleted member

Considering that we haven't heard of anything concerning the new FE since January 2017, I assume the project was cancelled until proof of the contrary. And even then, it's not gonna hit that hard because even though FE is more popular than ever, strategic RPGs just don't appeal to a lot of people. Could make a portion of the Nintendo fanbase excited, but don't expect it to blow up the Internet.

Prime 4 is definitely a hype-bringer, but the thing that would've made the biggest impact was the actual reveal, which was already done last year. Unless they show some really epic bosses and/or the release date is really ****ing close, it's not gonna be as big of a bang as you think.

Smash is really the only potential hard-hitting bringer of hype among those, which makes it a pretty big gamble. It'll definitely deliver, but will it be enough on its own to top the Microsoft stuff? I personally doubt it.

Most of these will either be indies or ports. Could bring some hype, but not that much hype.
Dang. You make it seem like Xbox has a really high chance of beating Nintendo.
But if Nintendo announces more games that everyone wants ( Animal Crossing THAT IS NOT AMIBO FESTIVAL ), than they could beat Xbox.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They're still a wild card in terms of games. They might have more games that I am likely to buy, same with Nintendo.

But I don't think we're getting a better E3 show out of this year. Microsoft didn't just announce good looking games, but had stuff you would never expect from Microsoft and overall were just wildly entertaining. I had multiple points where I was laughing out loud, either in joy (KH3), or in pure confusion (DMC5 and Gears Funko being directly followed by two more Gears games).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Dang. You make it seem like Xbox has a really high chance of beating Nintendo.
Because they genuinely do.

But if Nintendo announces more games that everyone wants ( Animal Crossing THAT IS NOT AMIBO FESTIVAL ), than they could beat Xbox.
Again, they need to drive on the pure hype of things, Shiny.

Revealing an AC game will make people excited, but considering what kind of game AC is, it ain't gonna shake the world. And that comes from an AC fan.

What they need is to really rely on making things as hype as possible, just like the last two years. And if anything can really help as that, Bayonetta 3, Prime 4 and Smash 5 will definitely be the leaders of whatever kind of hype movement Nintendo could cook up.

EDIT: Bayo 3 is only there because even though it's niche, the franchise knows how to make things look ****ing awesome.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Microsoft was very smart on how they handled that Gears of War part. If they only had that Funko spin-off to show, everybody would've been pissed so hard but did the right thing and had both a neat spin-off and a real sequel too.

I can imagine EA's face now on that.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Microsoft was smart on how they handled that Gears of War part. If they only had that Funko spin-off to show, everybody would pissed so hard but did the right thing and had both a neat spin-off and a real sequel too.

I can imagine EA's face now on that.
Nintendo could learn from them in regards to Paper Mario.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Went in not really expecting anything. Went out with Battletoads and Todd. Good conference, honestly.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's okay.
Nintendo can do basically nothing and people will still say how they totes won E3.
Just show ****in Mario and everyone will say how they totes kicked Xbox's/Sony's ass.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
microsoft was a solid B+

sony im expecting to be let down by

nitnendo has smash and thats what im here for

to explain why they are a b+ most of their games were multiplat and while im happy i can get them with out having to buy a microsoft console and would have been way mroe mad if i did have to objectively it would have made them rate higher
also there was a solid 20 minutes of "cars" to service i dont care about to the division 2 and that was the biggest kill joy

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh my gosh...

A person who leaked Ridley, Snake, Simon and Ice Climbers along with no cuts got the Jump Stars game correct.

Woah!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
At this point I'm just going to put it out, I never got the idea of "winning E3".
Like we're talking about how Nintendo needs to do this and that to totally beat Microsoft, but like. At the end of day it doesn't matter. It's not like Nintendo or Microsoft will be any better or worse as a company. All because they showed games that the Nintendo fans (who chances are already have a dislike for Microsoft) would like.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh my gosh...

A person who leaked Ridley, Snake, Simon and Ice Climbers along with no cuts got the Jump Stars game correct.

Woah!
That's the TMNT in I2 guy.
He's really shaky but at least he's got another mark to his name.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
At this point I'm just going to put it out, I never got the idea of "winning E3".
Like we're talking about how Nintendo needs to do this and that to totally beat Microsoft, but like. At the end of day it doesn't matter. It's not like Nintendo or Microsoft will be any better or worse as a company. All because they showed games that the Nintendo fans (who chances are already have a dislike for Microsoft) would like.
It's about the show they put on, not so much the game themselves.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh my gosh...

Woah!
I'll believe it when I see it.
It's the idea of association really. One doesn't have much to do with the other, especially when they comes from two completely different places.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm impressed that some of the users here in the NintenZone are already saying Microsoft won e3.

That's a blue moon right there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh my gosh...

Woah!
I think that not all of the Smash 5 leaks from this man will come correct though.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I just woke up and watched the Microsoft conference AND I REALLY HOPE JUMP FORCE IS GOOD UNLIKE J-STARS VICTORY >_>

Also, DMC5 at Microsoft and not at Sony?! Good shift Microsoft. I'm clearly not prepared enough for this E3 ._.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If not all of them come true, then all of them are, by association, fake and nothing more than coincidence.

To have a real leak, everything must be real.
Ah, okay.

Also I think Microsoft's E3 was B+ in my opinion.
Smash Bros. could make Nintendo's E3 become an A if they do it right.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Meanwhile I'm creating a crackpot theory with some people in a Discord.

All right hear me out.
Nintendo has the Undertale thing right? So here's what I'm conjuring up.
There's gonna be an Undertale trailer, with an amiibo of probably Sans.
And then the Smash trailer
and at the end

sans in smash

You heard it here first folks. Me tired as hell and making **** up as I go along.
If it happens consider me the king of Smash leaks and take me to my kingdom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom