• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So with the time amount released, here's my speculation:

-10 Minutes of Smash, everything else is more a new game. My character predictions:

Monster Hunter, Crash, Incenroar and Mimikyu, and Captain Toad, and maybe a WTF character. (Ridley?)

- games with slightly longer focus on Paladins and Fortnite. Both release within the the next week.

-First trailer for Metroid

-Link to a Past gets remade, and Advance Wars on 3ds.

-Odyssey gets paid DLC.

-Yoshi is fully revealed, gets the Star allies style of advertisement. Nothing crazy is shown but each direct gives a little more till release

-Wonderful 101 port and Sequel

-Bayo 3

-Let's a go Eevee

-New Monster hunter Switch

-New Ace Attorney

-New Professor Layton

-Aces "DLC" look

-Xenoblade chronicles X gets a port

-Fire emblem Switch is revealed, promotion tie in banner in Heroes shortly after(plus free orbs)

-Third Party Reel

-Indie Reel

-New IP

-Some crazy surprise reveal

-"One more surprise" Whatever the last Smash reveal is based on what I posted earlier in this post. Also direct opens with a smash reveal

Thoughts?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only game I'd play twice is Let's Go Kaden.

That's my husband just because I loved the idea of having children who are a dragon, fox, and human in one. Wild :laugh:
Kaden’s not cool enough to have his own game... he’s not even cool enough to be in FEH. :troll:

-10 Minutes of Smash, everything else is more a new game. My character predictions:

Monster Hunter, Crash, Incenroar and Mimikyu, and Captain Toad, and maybe a WTF character. (Ridley?)

- games with slightly longer focus on Paladins and Fortnite. Both release within the the next week.

-Link to a Past gets remade, and Advance Wars on 3ds.

-Odyssey gets paid DLC.

-Yoshi is fully revealed, gets the Star allies style of advertisement. Nothing crazy is shown but each direct gives a little more till release

-Wonderful 101 port and Sequel

-Bayo 3

-Let's a go Eevee

-New Monster hunter Switch

-New Ace Attorney

-New Professor Layton

-Aces "DLC" look

-Xenoblade chronicles X gets a port

-Fire emblem Switch is revealed, promotion tie in banner in Heroes shortly after(plus free orbs)

-Third Party Reel

-Indie Reel

-New IP

-Some crazy surprise reveal

-"One more surprise" Whatever the last Smash reveal is based on what I posted earlier in this post. Also direct opens with a smash reveal

Thoughts?
Bomberman reveal for Smash.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Kaden’s not cool enough to have his own game... he’s not even cool enough to be in FEH. :troll:
daaaaaang that's a roast :^(

If we're taking FEH into account, though, would alts have their own games?

Let's Go Lyn Brave Edition
Let's Go Lyn Bride Edition
Let's Go Lyn Legendary Edition
Let's Go Lyn Valentines Edition

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

-Link to a Past gets remade, and Advance Wars -
Nope, you killed it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
how would you feel if they went "We have one Last Suprise" at the end and it was Persona 5 in Switch?

You would probably hear me scream over the internet
I’d be cool with that cause it’s one of 2 games on the ps4 I wanna play but won’t buy in the kff chance they come to the Switch

D

Deleted member

Reminder that Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of the Roses did the split route gimmick much better than Fates 14 before it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Bomberman reveal for Smash.
I would love this as I said. I'm 50/50 on if it would happen though, but I hope it does and Nintendo, Konami, and Sakurai can be friends.
Nope, you killed it.
I actually meant to specify that that would be for the 3ds based on an old rumor and would be in the treehouse. Its more so on there because I find it very odd they announced FE so long ago with nothing.

Makes me thing something else is being made by them. Which could either be another Echos styled remake ( maybe Marth's game?) or maybe they want to finally take a crack at AW. Seems less likely but I wanted to be a bit more of a stretch prediction on there.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Well, now that I finally have a new phone...I think it's time to try FE Warriors. And I plan on trying out Roy first :roypm:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some guy couldn't connect to the website to get our store's coupon. I tried to help him, you'd think he'd know his own phone, but he said "I don't care about that nerdy stuff".

So meh

Ivander

Smash Legend
Reminder that Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of the Roses did the split route gimmick much better than Fates 14 before it.
Last time I checked, it wasn't a Split Route. It was a choose your team thing without the "choice heaviness/feels/etc" deal. And either way, wasn't that better as in both routes, the 'good guys' win regardless as Seto in his route just lets the good guys have the throne. It'd be like if Conquest actually acknowledged the reasons(poor country, low on food, etc) why it was trying to conquer Hoshido, but then said, "Screw it" just as they just about conquer Hoshido and go after Garon.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Let's not hype about the 45 minutes just yet.

D

Deleted member

Last time I checked, it wasn't a Split Route. It was a choose your team thing without the "choice heaviness/feels/etc" deal. And either way, wasn't that better as in both routes, the 'good guys' win regardless as Seto in his route just lets the good guys have the throne. It'd be like if Conquest actually acknowledged the reasons(poor country, low on food, etc) why it was trying to conquer Hoshido, but then said, "Screw it" just as they just about conquer Hoshido and go after Garon.
It's still a split route when you have two possible paths to choose, and I don't see how the story reason for it changes how the way it works, doesn't matter if it's not a personal reason the avatar has to choose either side nor does it matter who wins when the ending is still different. Besides, I barely consider the first 6 chapters of Fates as part of the game anyways when they're just an extended tutorial and prologue.
YGODotR actually bothers to give you reasons to join either side and doesn't paint one as the objectively right, it also doesn't give a Golden Route which is something I hate in these kinds of games(*cough*Undertale*cough*)
So yeah, Yugioh did it better.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
>Today is the final day of the Legendary Hero banner

> Realizes today is the final chance to pull for Legendary Ryoma until a few months from now

>Decides to spend money for 20 more orbs in the hopes of pulling Legendary Ryoma

>Snipes for red orbs

>Gets mostly a bunch of meh 4-stars and YET ANOTHER SIGURD!!!!!!!"

"SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-GUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Seriously Sigurd, why do you have to keep showing up? I DON'T NEED ANY MORE OF YOU! YOU TROLLED ME OF MY LEGENDARY RYOMA AGAIN!

The new Sigurd I received also got another bad IV spread of +Spd -Def, so that makes another Close Defense 3 fodder/potential merger with my current Sigurd I'm using.

And with no orbs in stock, so ends my run with this Legendary Hero banner. This means I have to wait two months for another chance to pull Legendary Ryoma.

Man, out of all the Legendary Hero banners I've pulled from, this has been my unluckiest one so far. To break down all the unlucky moments that happened during it:
  • Getting zero 5-stars after dumping the 105 orbs I saved for the banner
  • Learning the first NY!Takumi I pulled had a bad IV spread
  • Trying to pull for Legendary Ryoma but getting trolled by a Young Tiki
  • Sigurd trolling me of my Legendary Ryoma TWICE
The only lucky thing that happened during it was pulling the neutral NY!Takumi and thus achieving a merged build with him as his base, then temporarily giving him Cancel Affinity 3 from another Legendary Robin I pulled during the banner as I tried to pull for that better nature'd NY!Takumi. That's definitely a positive thing to happily reminisce about, especially since he's already shaping up to be an awesome dagger unit thus far.

Other than that, this banner was not a fun experience. It's sad. I was really looking forward to it after seeing how the lineup this time was leagues better than the disappointment that was the last Legendary Hero banner.

At least the new story chapter tomorrow will replenish my orbs, but I can already tell I will use these orbs in an attempt to pull Karla for that new banner... and I'm calling it now that I won't succeed in pulling her.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I had a feeling the 45 minute length may not be 100% right.

But being longer than last year is looking to be close to guaranteed.

Ivander

Smash Legend
YGODotR actually bothers to give you reasons to join either side and doesn't paint one as the objectively right, it also doesn't give a Golden Route which is something I hate in these kinds of games(*cough*Undertale*cough*)
So yeah, Yugioh did it better.
One reason...basically, it's to get back to your time period. That's literally the only reason why you pick a side, because the other reasons are pretty much the team's own reasons why, compared to Birthright for your home family and your mother who died saving you and Conquest for your siblings who been with you and trying to bring peace to Nohr from the inside(before Chapter 15 and forward) which are very much your reasons.
Also, the good guys get what they want regardless. That's pretty much close to a Golden Route, the good guys "win" and get what they want regardless of which side you choose.
So the good guys "win" and get what they want regardless of which side you choose and only one real reason why you have to pick a side makes it "better"? Like I don't like Fates' story and how they handled some things as much as some other people, but that seems alot like grasping at straws.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got ryoma New Years azura, young tiki, and 2 hardins. So pretty good results even though I sadly didn’t get winter robin. But that’s for next time I suppose.

Saving all my orbs here on out for this months legendary banner because I really want winter lissa and would love Tharja too. I’m sure the rest of the banner will be crazy too.

D

Deleted member

One reason...basically, it's to get back to your time period. That's literally the only reason why you pick a side, because the other reasons are pretty much the team's own reasons why, compared to Birthright for your home family and your mother who died saving you and Conquest for your siblings who been with you and trying to bring peace to Nohr from the inside(before Chapter 15 and forward) which are very much your reasons.
Also, the good guys get what they want regardless. That's pretty much close to a Golden Route, the good guys "win" and get what they want regardless of which side you choose.
So the good guys "win" and get what they want regardless of which side you choose and only one real reason why you have to pick a side makes it "better"? Like I don't like Fates' story and how they handled some things as much as some other people, but that seems alot like grasping at straws.
I'm not really sure what your point is.
-YGO doesn't have its routes split into two different games
-The story gives good reasons to join either side of the conflict.
-There isn't any clear "right choice"
-You can experience a full story by playing just one route(well, it's not the most story-driven game but it doesn't make you feel like you missed something).

Conclusion: The Duelist of the Roses ha dled split routes much better than Fates did.

Chrono.

I bet its going to become the new Duke Nukem Forever. :troll:
I feel like the game would've been canned already had MS not pulled the plug on Scalebound and Fable Legends not that long ago.

Hopefully they get some good Ws this Sunday.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I don't know how many orbs I used on this banner, other than far more than any one human being should.

But I know what I got:

Innes
+RES / -HP
+SPD / -HP

Gunnthra
+DEF / -RES
+HP / -ATK

F!Grima
+SPD / -HP
+DEF / -ATK

NY!Azura
+ATK / -SPD
+HP / -DEF

Smol!Tiki
+SPD / -HP

**** Lobster
+DEF / -RES
+DEF / -RES
+SPD / -ATK

Pineapple Soup
+ATK / -DEF

Merry Chromstmas
+RES / -ATK

How David Vincent Saved Christmas
+ATK / -RES

Was hoping for a Hardin, but at this point that'd just be greedy.

Italic units are my build candidates.

The F!Grimas are definite merges, although there's still the question of which one will be the base (current one is +ATK / -HP if I recall, so it depends on whether the +SPD is an improvement). Ryoma's kind of a tossup; not sure if we're building a +2 lobster or holding the other two back. I feel like Bushido could be a decent fodder skill somewhere, just not sure where off the top of my head.

Innes, NY!Azura, NY!Takumi, and Xmas Robin all seem very workable. Not entirely certain where Innes or Takumi would go, but Robin can take the blue spot on the Armor Emblem team for the moment, and Azura can jump into Flier Emblem or any dancer strats as needed. Not sure which Azura I want to go with at this time though.

Smol!Tiki doesn't bring anything to the party that Tall!Tiki wasn't already packing, and I don't have and won't receive a pile of tiny Tikis to merge up. I don't have the need (or the heart) to fodder her off, though, so I guess she can just chill on the bench with the other non-Dragon-Squad dragons. At least the Kanas and Fae will be in excellent company.

The Gunnthras and Chromstmas not only didn't have much use for me to begin with, they got pretty mediocre-to-terrible natures to boot. I happen to have a +SPD / -HP Gunnthra ready to go (assuming I don't wish to retain them as Res Ploy fodder) but Chrom just doesn't have much purpose here, even for SI. Maybe he could let someone else play with his sack, but I've already got Brazen A/D and Wary Fighter fodder for days.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not looking forward to moderating e3 in my Discord. God I hate meltdowns LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom