• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just played a bit of Dragon Quest Builders....
Definitely the game I will buy....if the price can be just a bit cheaper...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
1. Is about Melee being a main stage game again
A worthwhile cause for drama, to be fair. Competitive Melee sucks. Though, is it really any surprise MvCInfinite wasn't put in the tournament? I was under the impression it was considered one of the worse MvC titles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm back from the dead. Gonna be less active here than I was before, but I'll be here occasionally.
Also I'm sorry for kinda reviving the old wiki

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Used 12 orbs in heroes today and this happened. Pretty happy. Minus speed is rough but I can easily fix that and still reach 40 speed.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Chrono.

Wow... Capcom really lost hope...

Or maybe Disney did...

That is, assuming it's true.
It wouldn't be the first time a fighting game from them was a dropped only after a year.

SFxT came out in 2012, had that big patch in 2013 and that was it. The same thing happened with Marvel 3 too, Ultimate was out less than a year after vanilla and it never had any major patches even after the new remastered version came out a year or two ago. Neither did Tatsunoko after All Stars was out (and Wii era games did have patches.)

Tl;Dr VS games don't typically get a lot of love from Capcom.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
MvC:I being removed doesn't seem like a Capcom thing.

If it was, it would still be there.

This seems like a Disney thing and the contract ran out.

Chrono.

MvC:I being removed doesn't seem like a Capcom thing.

If it was, it would still be there.

This seems like a Disney thing and the contract ran out.
Guy in the post says it's Marvel and Disney has no real say here.

Which lines up to how they usually operate. From MvC2 and MvC Origins having a limited online release, to them also removing MvC3 from online stores (which meant the Jill/Shuma combo was permanently gone until recently.)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Tl;Dr VS games don't typically get a lot of love from Capcom.
What is getting love from Capcom?

Asking seriously, no sass. Every time I hear them brought up recently it's about how they've **** the bed.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Asking seriously, no sass. Every time I hear them brought up recently it's about how they've **** the bed.
SFV: AE is getting praise.

Monster Hunter World is well liked.

Ace Attorney hasn't had a bad game yet.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that Mega Man is getting a new game this year.

Edit: Uninja'd for the second time today

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Remember though: Disney doesn’t get involved in what they own much. They just take the profits but have seemingly been hands off with what various things owned by them have shown over the years.

Chrono.

It's just their fighting games that are ****ting the bed tbh. And even now SFV is having a big turn around.

Resident Evil 7 and Monster Hunter World are very well received. Megaman will be back this year and the rumors of a proper DMC5 are getting stronger (they also just announced the DMC HD collection getting released on Xbone and PS4.) And I may not be a fan of the recent Ace Attorney games but people still love em so.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Interesting news.

De Blob is coming the Switch.

Chrono.

Capcom should give another crack at an All Stars game.

I know Capcom Fighting Jam was awful but that was made during the Dark Ages of fighting games and had the budget of a wet newspaper. But nowadays they could probably make something better and not worry about licenses or contracts (or at least not as much.)

Other than that, I have no real interest in a Capcom Vs game unless it's something wild like Nintendo vs Capcom or Project X Zone going full fighting game (or at least a competent beat em up.)
So...

Interesting news.

De Blob is coming the Switch.
It came out last July, Swamp.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I know Capcom Fighting Jam was awful but that was made during the Dark Ages of fighting games and had the budget of a wet newspaper. But nowadays they could probably make something better and not worry about licenses or contracts (or at least not as much.)

Other than that, I have no real interest in a Capcom Vs game unless it's something wild like Nintendo vs Capcom or Project X Zone going full fighting game (or at least a competent beat em up.)

Why make another Fighting Jam when they could just resurrect Fighting All-Stars? :p

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Forget about Jedah, X finally got in after being screwed over a bunch and the game's right up **** creek.

I care more about Jedah than X frankly. But the same applies to him as well.

It makes me sad that they didn't have another go at it, especially when Capcom are 2nd to Nintendo when it comes to memorable characters.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So a question for those with FEHeroes. You know how for the Hero Rises Vote, they are planning on making the Winner available for everybody as Xenologue 3, which when beaten will give the Winner, like with Fjorm. Meaning that the unit will be gotten by both old and new players. So far, the Top 4 are:
-Vanguard Ike, who is also a Legendary Hero and gives a Blessing when gotten.
-Hector
-Winter Tharja
-Performing Azura.
Considering that the Winner chosen will be a permanent addition.....which of the 4 do you think should be the Winner in favor of newcomers?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still bad at social interactions, some one took my seat so I sat in a table alone at lunch near the door ( not because I got in trouble, I just decided to sit there ). People on their phones, tons of chatter and I was here just doing nothing.
Depends.

View attachment 136647

What're you sorry about?
Looks like Stoopid Unikorn admires me too much. :p
It seems that my likes are becoming less, anyone agree or disagree?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
So, take with a grain of salt, but MvCI might be shutdown this October and removed from PSN/XBL/Steam
I don't think it's real, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.
This is too radical... I would believe it if was Capcom just dropping the support on the game, which will happen eventually. But removing it from the stores? Are we going to get another UMVC3 situation? As people has said before, doing that would mean they have some kind of contract issues. I hope it's not true, I want Capcom to fix the game.

This is so true... Capcom shoud make a fighting game with their own IPs. That way there would me more chances to get the characters I like the most in the game.

Also, a hypothetical Nintendo Vs Capcom is on my list of "dream come true" games. But seeing how they've been dealing with their fighting games lately, I'm not sure if they would handle it correctly. I've made up so many movesets for Nintendo characters in the VS type of game... Nintendo should make a traditional 2D fighter one of this days, to see what they can bring to the table.

So a question for those with FEHeroes. You know how for the Hero Rises Vote, they are planning on making the Winner available for everybody as Xenologue 3, which when beaten will give the Winner, like with Fjorm. Meaning that the unit will be gotten by both old and new players. So far, the Top 4 are:
-Hector
-Winter Tharja
-Performing Azura.
Considering that the Winner chosen will be a permanent addition.....which of the 4 do you think should be the Winner in favor of newcomers?
I'd say Ike is the better for newcomers, very good unit, it's a popular character, is an infantry unit, and also a legendary hero that can boost the other units of the player. It's pretty much a given. PA Azura is godlike, but you need good units to use with her, not a thing a newcomer would have. Hector and Tharja are armoured, and even though they are really strong, armoured units aren't the easiest to use (I remember having a bad time at the beginning of the game with Sheena as my only 4 star unit). So yeah, Ike is the best out there for beginners.

I'm voting for Tharja though, vengeful fighter is way too good, and I want that nonsense.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Valentine!Lyn is great.

Exactly what I needed to set up an Armor Emblem team; someone who is neither red nor colorless and has Armor March.

Thank you so much, Gacha Gods!

EDIT: That speed tho :surprised:

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Granted I still want MvCI to get continued support, but I'd also love a solo Capcom Vs. game/All Stars revival...if only to get Ingrid in a new game.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
-Hector
-Winter Tharja
-Performing Azura.
Like Apollo said, Vanguard Ike is a great choice for a newcomer. He's a Legendary that boosts attack on Earth seasons, which essentially allows him to cover a really important stat without even considering C skills like the other free Legendary, Fjorm, does with speed on Water seasons. He's also pretty straightforward since he's an infantry sword unit with built-in Distant Counter and the ability to spam Aether thanks to Warding Breath. Being able to debuff both speed and attack with a Seal skill while also boosting his allie's defense with Def Tactic is a nice bonus too.

In contrast, Winter Tharja and Hector can be really amazing but at the same time, armored units aren't really suited for everyone and their lack of mobility makes them really shine in only a few scenarios that a newcomer may not have, like an Armor Emblem team or a skill that helps mobility like Zelgius's Warp Powder. However, Arts Azura, even though being a Singer instantly makes her amazing, is only useful when the rest of the team is also amazing since their stats aren't the best when it comes to fighting. A newcomer won't neccessarily have that amazing team from the get go, so she's a bit of an awkward one.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Granted I still want MvCI to get continued support, but I'd also love a solo Capcom Vs. game/All Stars revival...if only to get Ingrid in a new game.
This. I was really happy when Ingrid was in PxZ2, but I'd be over the moon if they gave her another chance and put her in a fighting game again.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I would definitely like to see a Capcom All-Stars game. While I do like Marvel characters like Spiderman and whatnot, it's always been about the Capcom characters for me when it comes to the games. So seeing them actually doing a Fighting game with all Capcom characters would be great in my book.

Nintendo vs Capcom, Sega Vs Capcom or Namco vs Capcom would be cool, as well as a Project X Zone fighting game if they do that. I would've liked Konami vs Capcom back then, but the way Konami has been lately, I'm alot less keen to the idea now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom