• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe its me, but I never really had an issue with the letter buttons being different from Nintendo and Microsoft.

D

Deleted member

"Detroit: Become Human is not about racism" -Cage, David
b220c3b2-de41-4695-bf09-cd60f92f63e1.png

download701d7b0b_ed_2f0_2fPictures_2fScreenshots_2fScreenshot_20180603-121853.png

Press ∆ to end slavery

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So the first I like about this new Smashboards format is your profile posts, which are much more noticeable now.

On the downside though everything is too "zoomed in" for my tastes.
And every time there is a tweet bring put, the right side will leave a large space...

I saw Mulan, thats enough for me to wanna see this movie
Now all I want to see in the film,
Is Mario...

*Tweet isn't loaded, opens pic in another tab*
"Oh sweet, let's see what FSG did"
*Pic loads*
You know, me thinks you don't know how to be a proper ally.
Stike two for this site for not loading tweets properly for now.

And... What is the big deal with FSG's tweet? I think it is OK.

Because spouting "not all straights" is not a demonstration of support, but of mockery.
Just to let you know...in my opinion, it is normal to support LGBT... And still being straight, there's nothing wrong with that, just saying.

And those who like the post, not sure why...

That's it.

I'm done with this social thread now, and I'm doing what I suggested earlier, as to quit it.

I won't come back here until Opossum and his pettiness aren't its leaders anymore.

Now if people like mario123007 mario123007 want to quote me here, send me a PM instead.

Until then, I'm out of here.
Now the website says "mention" rather than "tagged"
I don't understand what does Oppo have to do with this (despite I have to admit I never like some of his opinion, regarding XC2 especially)

But hey, it's all fine and no beef, however, I have say this from time to time. NintenZone thread can be crappy sometimes in some certain aspects. Like your tweet, and... Xenoblade...

Anyways... OK I will just leave this Nia pic:

Anyone who is curious, that's Guts sword from Berserk.
Now I want Guts being a Blade in XC2 lol, because his sword is really rad.
What the bloody hell are you going on about? Where is this even coming from?

And Opo doesn't lead anything, he literally just makes the threads lmao.

Whatever I guess, if opinions of others are apparently cancerous enough to bail then I don't think we really want you here anyway, to be frank. Seems like a you problem. Have fun literally anywhere else.
Well, like I said, this thread sometimes easily has some odds stances here and there, and it's not even funny.

Again, no beef whatsoever just something to mention.

Man, typing on my phone is really bad....

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There isn't one Cori. It doesn't exist, It is something that only Wizards and Gods can join.
Oh so this is another one of those things Lady Palutena is laughing at us for then.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Digital buttons have two states. Pressed, or unpressed. On or off.

Analog buttons are like analog sticks. They measure degree of depression. In essence, you can perform multiple actions with a single button based on how you press it. Metal Gear used it quite well before they were forced to drop it because the controllers no longer were capable of it. Press the square button lightly and you'll ready your gun. Press it all the way and you'll ready and fire your weapon at the same time.
Everything should be analog then. That sounds so much better.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Is it because of this?

:upsidedown:
Technically on the Playstation controller, it is a Cross, not an X.

Oh so this is another one of those things Lady Palutena is laughing at us for then.
Pretty sure its something she specifically taunts Pit with to. :v

I must be a wizard then
That is clearly a lie. You must just plug directly into the router. There is no such thing as 100% good Wi-Fi in this world. :v

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Digital buttons have two states. Pressed, or unpressed. On or off.

Analog buttons are like analog sticks. They measure degree of depression. In essence, you can perform multiple actions with a single button based on how you press it. Metal Gear used it quite well before they were forced to drop it because the controllers no longer were capable of it. Press the square button lightly and you'll ready your gun. Press it all the way and you'll ready and fire your weapon at the same time.
The Gamecube's L and R buttons also do this. First thing that comes to mind is the Metroid Prime games and the look around button. Though I guess it's more common with Trigger/Shoulder buttons.

Maybe, undermost circumstances I do agree more options are usually better. But at the same time, how many games will utilize it in a meaningful way for the face buttons?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just to let you know...in my opinion, it is normal to support LGBT... And still being straight, there's nothing wrong with that, just saying.

And those who like the post, not sure why...
I don't think you understand what I was talking about, saying something along the lines of "not all straight people" is a common response to when an LGBT person says something complaining about straight people, jokingly or not, much like "not all men" is thrown around.
Here's the thing, LGBT people know that not every straight person is homophobic, but the way the term is used is meant to refer to those who are.
What FSG posted was that, just worded differently. The LGBT community is very much aware that people can support them even if they're straight, but if you want to show support, you don't mock them nor do you go around saying something a homophobic asshole would say.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
here is how I determine what buttons to use

Fighting game like BBCTB: Buttons

games like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, ect: Stick
I'm kind of weird with that. For fighting games, I usually alternate between the two, depending on the game as well.

In DBFZ, I'll move with the D-Pad, and use crouching attacks/jump attacks too. But I find QCF, QCB, HCF, and HCB motions are easier for more on the control stick. In Tekken, I mostly use D-Pad, but I might use the Control stick whenever a character has those motions.

2-D Platformers can go either way, whichever is feels right in my hand.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Maybe, undermost circumstances I do agree more options are usually better. But at the same time, how many game will utilize it in a meaningful way for the face buttons?
This was my point. Lots of ps2 games utilized it. Fewer ps3 games utilized it because Microsoft dropped the feature and no company wanted to add a feature to their game that could only function on one console. For the ds4, it made no sense for Sony to spend the money on analog buttons when it was clear no game company would utilize something only one of the consoles could do.

Microsoft released an inferior product, and it negatively affected the entire market.

And that's a comparatively minor innovation. Neither Microsoft nor Sony are ever going to try and make a better controller than what they already have, because no third party company will ever adopt something unless BOTH of them have it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was making a joke dude. lol
Well there were actual news articles that argues adulthood doesn't start until 25/26 so I thought you were referencing that,

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Never heard of this until now.
Yeah I did some Google searching and found those articles.

Though I guess it has to do with the fact that the brain isn't fully developed until age 25.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So pair the site's interface changes with my phone updating (on its own I might add) and completely changing the interface of all internet/youtube/google/etc and that leads me to feeling like I have no clue what I'm doing. :/

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah I did some Google searching and found those articles.

Though I guess it has to do with the fact that the brain isn't fully developed until age 25.
I’m passed 25 and I don’t think my brain is fully developed.

Starlight_Lily

nope, Im 100% Not wired. all wifi all the time and I never have ANY problems
Okay, which demon did you sign the contract with to have good Wi-Fi all the time?

This was my point. Lots of ps2 games utilized it. Fewer ps3 games utilized it because Microsoft dropped the feature and no company wanted to add a feature to their game that could only function on one console. For the ds4, it made no sense for Sony to spend the money on analog buttons when it was clear no game company would utilize something only one of the consoles could do.

Microsoft released an inferior product, and it negatively affected the entire market.

And that's a comparatively minor innovation. Neither Microsoft nor Sony are ever going to try and make a better controller than what they already have, because no third party company will ever adopt something unless BOTH of them have it.
Is there a reason, why you are saying ds4, instead of PS4, vaanrose?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't really see the issue with the GC controller, besides the lack of four shoulder buttons.

I feel it fits most GC (and Wii games that support it) really well.

I've been playing quite a few of my emulated games with it, basically any that would officially support it on the original console, including Smash Wii U. Works like a charm.

For most of my emulated Wii U games, Classic Controller Wii games (like Xenoblade Chronicles), and actual PC games, I've been using the Wii U Pro Controller. I have a really simple adapter for it and I've been too lazy to set up the Switch Pro Controller, especially since I'm doing fine with the Wii U Pro Controller. I also don't actively use my actual Wii U much anymore so the Wii U Pro Controller doesn't need to remain synced to it.

Starlight_Lily

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Naaah Cori considering your posts and everything I am unable to imagine why you'd make anyone mad. Also ironic that this happened as this was the only thread I didn't yell my "Rex is Kirito" ****
Who's Kirito? The dude from SAO?
Your not totally wrong lol, but that doesn't change the fact that Xenoblade's plot is better than SAO.
And of you say "Pyra is Asuna" then I have too 100% disagree.
And compare to Kirito, Rex has way better great teammates compare to him. Kirito's buds... besides Asuna and the other girl I forgot what's she's called (She's a sniper that's all I know) other teammate aren't... really that good imo.
Why would you say something so controversial yet so brave?
Not controversial at all, it's actually correct lol.
But if that's your way of saying Rex isn't a good protagonist... um... ok, but please try harder next time.
Rex is more of "Kirito that does right" type of character imo.

And besides Kirito, you can also compare Rex to...
XC2 chapter 6 spoiler beware

And Nia is literally Rem...

Or he's just palin tired of ALL arguments that even happen here in the first place.

He thought that blocking some users would fix the issue, but he feels that never coming back here would make it better for him.

Best to just give him some room.
I fine with arguments (As long it doesn't get too heated), but yeah, he needs some time.
And I never block anyone... not even those who's being super troll, because they get "super banned" anyway.
I don't think you understand what I was talking about, saying something along the lines of "not all straight people" is a common response to when an LGBT person says something complaining about straight people, jokingly or not, much like "not all men" is thrown around.
Ok, sure the response is common, but that's not really how it often used at least what I heard.
And just what exactly LGBT complains about straight people? I'm actually curious.
I just wanna say it is unfortunate that no matter you are homo, heter (Uh, I forgot what's it called lol), or bi... there's just some people have that "You either with me or against me" mentality .... but I aware that's a minority so yeah...

What FSG posted was that, just worded differently. The LGBT community is very much aware that people can support them even if they're straight, but if you want to show support, you don't mock them nor do you go around saying something a homophobic ******* would say.
Well, I'm pretty sure that wasn't his intention, even if it was I personally don't think it's not much big of a deal, anyone have his or her own opinions. Just don't shove it down to other person. :)
A song appeared in my brain just recently and then the song played on my spotify... spoopy.
One thing I hate about Spotify is that you can't listen to music on phone if you are a free member... in Taiwan at least.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wait, what? Why was I tagged again?

Don't want to be dragged in something I want no involvement in.

Him leaving was good enough for one day.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So they updated, and changed things people liked. This updated is starting to seem really pointless. :v
Saying it was an update implies it did some good.

And aside from being able to edit and like the comments on profile posts, I literally see no improvement. Only cut features.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom