• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Only time I ever play as the male trainer is in HGSS where Ethan's design is so much better than What's-her-name.
As far as trainers go
Red>Leaf
Ethan>Kris>I legit forgot her name
May>Brandon
Dawn>Stupid hat guy
Black=White
Rosa>Nate
Serena>Calem
Both defaults designs suck: a SM tale
Stupid hat guy? You mean Lucas? Also it’s Hilda and Hilbert not Black and White..

Also regardless the only time I played a male was in Blue cause there was no girl option.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
1/8 Only one Eeveelution is female, and its missing Umbreon and Espeon. :p

Actually they did engage the Soviet Union's army before Russian winter set in. They just ignored what the supplies guys told them, which was, we don't have enough **** to conquer Russia, you morons, but nope they didn't listen, cause they were all like, we can totally take Moscow and conquer Russia, and this time Russian leadership won't retreat to another major city, like they did to Napoleon, which actually was probably one of the USSR's many contingency plans if Moscow was taken.

Seriously, having the leadership, retreating to another city was a pretty common tactic for Russia, when Moscow was compromised by Western powers. This is pretty much one of the reasons why the Mongols were the only ones to conquer Russia, cause they did it from Russia's eastern boader.

Okay, that makes the decision even more dumb. Way to alienate your European audience Capcom. And here I thought the game industry had decided to stop screwing Europe over.

It doesn't deserve one, it don't need one, cause the way its written is fine. And it don't need a modern update for this generation, give them their own cartoon to enjoy instead.

You know it was the Soviet Union that made Nazi Germany completely capitulate right?

Unless your talking about how Churchill helped push for Britain to engage in a full scale with Nazi Germany? Cause I'll give you that. But Chamberlain was actually the PM still, when the UK declared war on Nazi Germany. Though by that point, it was clear to everyone Chamberlain wasn't the man to lead the UK's war effort.

Though something interesting about Neville Chamberlain, its possible that the treaty he arranged with Nazi Germany, was to get the UK's industry ready for war again, cause guess what, nobody actually trusted Hitler. Which means, probably the biggest reason Stalin and the Soviet Union leadership signed the Non-Aggression pact with Nazi Germany, was so that Russia could have time to build infrastructure for a war against Nazi Germany. Which also, funny thing, Nazi Germany struck the USSR, had an ideal time, cause that was when they were updating their infrastructure for a proper war, and building everything they needed, and they had actually build a good number of it further into Russia, they just hadn't got to Moscow yet.
Of course, I'd have to be completely ignorant of WWII history not to recognize the USSR's contributions.

If the Brits yealded early, there's a chance Germany wouldn't have declared war on the USA after Pearl Harbor, so most of Europe would have been under either Nazi or Soviet control, still a bad timeline.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hope you guys are ready for the best Smash 4 mod since Protoman and that Mega Man EXE one.

A Strider Mod over Roy it seems.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
ngl I keep forgetting Pokemon MCs have canon names.
Does anyone ever use the canon names at all? I've not.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
For pre Gen 6 I did bc it's kind of weird to run around as Dawn or May but be named something else.

But with character customization I started being original

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
All the U.S. names are dumb. Especially Hilda and Hilbert. She's forever Touko to me.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Only time I ever play as the male trainer is in HGSS where Ethan's design is so much better than What's-her-name.
As far as trainers go
Red>Leaf
May>Brandon
Dawn>Stupid hat guy
Black=White
Rosa>Nate
Serena>Calem
The BW Protags are named Hilda and Hilbert. Black and White are their names in the manga though.
Personally, I prefer the manga names.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
In FEH news: I finally finished the GHB Elite quests (both sets) today. :happysheep:

The last four from the first set I had to do were Xander and Narcian's Armor and Infantry quests. Had to copy strats for the two armor quests, but I could do the infantry quests without a strat thanks to dragons.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So these officially licensed controllers are on the way.

INB4 "B-b-b-but the Switch supports the adapter and besides these are inferior third party garbage" :rolleyes:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
As far as trainers go
Red>Leaf
May>Brandon
Dawn>Stupid hat guy
Black=White
Rosa>Nate
Serena>Calem
There name's areLucas and Lyra you uncultured swine. And no, Leaf is better then Red, prove me wrong

Honestly? Didn't know the markings differed.

I just know that Sylveon specifically.
Yes, but how to you know about that Sylveon's gender red?

He swallowed an Everstone accidentally. :troll:
That's actually a pretty logical explaination Ura. :v

Of course, I'd have to be completely ignorant of WWII history not to recognize the USSR's contributions.

If the Brits yealded early, there's a chance Germany wouldn't have declared war on the USA after Pearl Harbor, so most of Europe would have been under either Nazi or Soviet control, still a bad timeline.
Eh, not really, no one really knows why Germany declared war on the USA, honestly. And I somehow doubt that the Soviet Union would have marched onto France, and take out Fanco Spain, cause all they cared about what was revenge on Germany. And well, Stalin and the Soviet leadership, didn't care about the countries West of Germany, they mainly wanted Germany gone and completely subservient. And, they did kind of stop once they got to Berlin, so it seems likely, they really didn't give a crap about France and the UK, cause well they were both busted and dying empires, on their last breathes.

Well, under Soviet control, to be honest, was better then Nazi control, Nazi's specifically hated specific People's of ethnic origin, the Soviet leaders were just paranoid ****s.

Also, Britain were pretty much the ones who got rid of Fascist Italy, we just didn't have a good enough food hold from there to attack Nazi Germany.

Also, Britain didn't yield, cause we had a ocean in between us and Europe. Plus Churchill made something pretty clear, the UK was never going to yield, and as mentioned, they had no need, we had a ocean between us and Europe, and as stated the Germans lacked the resources to have a Naval campaign and land invasion of Britain.

Also, something interesting about the war, if France and the UK, had mobilised sooner, Nazi Germany would never have tried to conquer the Soviet Union, cause France and the UK, would have been able to take Germany's Western boarder, cause Germany was concentrating on Poland at the time.

Also, something rather interesting about when France fell, it could have actually held its ground, if certain political leaders in French leadership, hadn't been Fascist sympathisers, well Germany would have found themselves dug in at France again, probably.

Also something to note, the French Resistance in France, and other Resistances in Nazi occupied countries, helped greatly in booting the Nazi's out. So its possible, even without the USA's help, Nazi Germany would have been booted out of all the countries they occupied, since they kept pouring resources into the Russia campaign, that they were never going to win, and well, with all those resources wasted, and every civilian population rebelling against their puppet regimes, its pretty clear, Nazi Germany never stood a chance.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

INB4 "B-b-b-but the Switch supports the adapter and besides these are inferior third party garbage" :rolleyes:
I like the larger D-Pad. But the regular pro-controller is fine by me as it is. Now if THAT worked on an original GameCube, I'd cop it right away.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That looks pretty cool, actually.
I agree. But we all know there are purists out there who won't even look at it.

But this could be a good alternative for newcomers and those who don't want want to spend lots of dollars on a controller from a console that was discontinued 11 years ago (and yes, praline praline , I agree that this controller is overhyped).

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

But is the dpad actually any good?

Starlight_Lily

I've been playing this game for six months.

I'll stop soon enough, I swear.
Yes, watching Pop Team Epic, is the correct path.

You: "Hilda and Hilbert"
Me, an intellectual manga reader: "White and Black"

Todd Coward will finally realise his dream of porting Skyrim to inside a videogame.
Me, a True person of culture, who watches Chuggaconroy's Let's Play of Black and White: Blair and Whitlea.

Did someone **** on based Lyra? :157:
It was Shishœ, he's the culprit. You should steal his shoes for this crime. :v

They should just let these controllers die already.
But praline, these controls are memes at this point, and this fandom will never let our memes die. :v

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, the GC controller is the ****, but I don't think its necessary either at this point. If they just took the general shape of the handles, but had the D-Pad and Button layout of the Pro-Controller, that'd be perfect for me personally. Again, have these new GC controllers work on an actual Gamecube and it'd be great, makes playing something like Metroid Prime or the Mega Man X Collection even better.

Then again, Playstation's hardly changed their controller over the years, and even the PS4 controller is similar enough.

Nintendo should just take the best parts of each controller they've made and apply that into a new standard design.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly, the GameCube controller is still a pretty solid controller for playing games.

But let's be real here. They really ****ing nailed it with the Switch Pro Controller.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Honestly, the GameCube controller is still a pretty solid controller for playing games.

But let's be real here. They really ****ing nailed it with the Switch Pro Controller.
Except the dpad.

Starlight_Lily

Yep pretty much, and it fixes the D-pad issue that the Gamecube controller had.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Though Wario Bros. Wario Bros. is right, even the tiniest changes and Melee Purist will denounce the poor controller before it even gets a chance.

And as much as I do like Melee, it'll never be the best Smash game because you can't turn off tap jump.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
ooh thats where it came from?
To my understanding.

It seems sparse though. I can't tell if there's more somewhere or if the character was abandoned, but it hasn't updated in four years either way.

I personally don't have that much of an issue with the D-Pad.

Probably because there aren't a lot of games where I use it to begin with lol
This.

Other than some recent 2D platformers, I can't remember the last time the D-Pad's been a point of contention on anything since maybe the PS1.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think the one Switch game where I found out that the D-Pad really matters is Breath of the Wild. And even then, you can do the same thing by just going in your inventory, which is what I often end up doing.

I guess there's the Bayonetta games as well, but I don't use those recovery items because I'm either brave, stupid or both.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As per asked by redfeatherraven who wished for me to let this forum know, i came bearing bad news.

Today my sister Katt, also known as Natz~ on here at work today dropped a tree ontop of herself. And somewhat badly banged up the backside of her body.

shes not in a body cast nor anything critical, but she can not move very well, or at least can't without pain, or do much outside of bed rest. Shes been instructed to simply rest the next few days as her bodies heals and hopefully regain movement without harm.

Overall shes perfectly fine, awake, and still herself. Just rather banged up.
Damn that sounds rough, hope she feels better!

oh god it's all new and different
oh god how long have i been gone

HALP
"The Year is 20XX. Ridley is in Smash, North and South Korea are unified, Half 3 released and blew everyone's minds, and F-Zero has gotten 20 new games. Mother 3 has even received an HD Remake. The world is at peace when the video game companies united and saved the politics of everywhere."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom