• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So what you're saying is draw by eye, not by step-by-step guides?

That's both easier AND more relatable to me, LOL. Although I guess not as complacent for some people.

Granted, I don't see myself any more likely to actually read an anatomy book than a how-to-draw book, but I at least have the size/body shape chart from the art class I took a few years back in a drawer somewhere. And I did get marginally more understanding of anatomy from that. Which I only rarely actually take the time to try to apply.
The value of how-to-draw tutorials comes mostly from learning the techniques other artists have developed to adapt what they see to paper. The problem with them is that you also need to already understand what you're seeing in order to utilize those techniques to their fullest.

If I tell you, hey, the face has a divot in it where the eye socket is, and that exaggerating that divot can help make your face feel more fluid and organic, now you have a cheat that will help your art improve. But what that doesn't tell it is what that divot looks like from different angles, or how much you should push that divot in depending on the angle.

That's all true and I don't disagree but using drawing tutorials is a good way to at least improve drawing ability somewhat right?

Like i've improved a little bit by doing tutorials though i'm not even close to being decent at drawing. Studying anatomy is very important yes but would it help me draw better?

Of course as a prospective artist (eventually I hope lol) anatomy and theory is something I would definitely study and learn more. Just have a lot of things going on in my life to be spending money on that.
I have read countless tutorials. Countless. I still look at them everytime I see one, even if it's by an artist I don't particularly care for. Because you never know who will have a technique or a workflow that you like. Something that will improve your own workflow. But like I said above, in order to apply that technique, you'll need a fundamental understanding of form.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't start coloring things until this year so I'm still trying to figure out the whole lighting thing

I always just did the lines or color it very basic

Last edited:

Chrono.

Mega Man 11 showed up in PSN Singapore
Mega Man is back! The newest entry in this iconic series blends classic, challenging 2D platforming action with a fresh look. The stunning new visual style refreshes the series’ iconic colorfulness, combining hand-drawn environments with detailed, 3D character models.

To save the day, the Blue Bomber must battle Robot Masters and take their powerful weapons for himself, which now changes the hero’s appearance with new levels of detail. The innovative new Double Gear system lets you boost Mega Man’s speed and power for a new twist on the satisfying gameplay the series is known for.

A variety of difficulty modes makes this the perfect opportunity to experience Mega Man for the first time!
It's listed to come out on October 3rd. But that's probably not final.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Welp that was surprisingly easy.

The only issue with this game I'm having is that the opening cutscene had a bad audio de-sync bug. But there's like two cutscenes in the game and I plan to import my save file from my Wii U. Other than that, it's working flawlessly at 4K60 and with some settings cranked up in NVIDIA Control Panel (though I may take that even further tomorrow).

Time to go to bed though.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Aah, so it's like that, huh. I understand everything now.
I shouldn't have Pop Team Epic frames pull up in my mind the instant I read a phrase just off of memes alone, but here we are.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Are you ready for fake Pokemon leaks?

EDIT:

Details:
Let's go leaks:

>it is a sequel to Yellow
>protagonists are professor blue oak's children
>the rival is red's son on a spiritual journey on behalf of his father
>the starter is depending on which version you chose
>pikachu and eevee get a new evolution
More details from same 4chan dude.

">>35657391 (OP)
>MC dude has an Eevee tail looking hair cut.
>MC female has 2 long side sessions of hair, looks pointy like Pikachu's ears.
>Rival dude has a mix of both Eevee and Pikachu **** going on.
>MCs both have a Pokeball made to look like a G on them to connect to Lets GO and Pokemon GO.
Not bad but only reds son looks pretty good the details would be neat if real
>Professor Blue Oak
This is the most fanfic-y plot related thing I've ever heard
Also
>Implying Blue or Red can ever get laid
Lmao
Professor blue really isn’t that out there. In XY an npc tells you he came to kilos for research, on top of that he became a professor in training in the anime and works alongside oak now. Considering yellow was already heavily inspired by the anime, it following stuff from it for a sequel isn’t that out there of an idea.
So we all agree Pokemon Ryu looks the best.
“Hey everybody it’s me Ryu from Poke”
We need more Bird types :000:

:V
I would love to see missingno and it forms get worked into some crazy UB if these games have UBs

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Moar Dragons, Moar Dark types, Moar Ghosts...

Those are my three favourite types so of course I'd like to see moar!

Also give me my Griffon GameFreak!

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
saw solo

so the score with disney so far is 3 aggressively ok movies (tfa, rogue one, solo), and 1 super good one (last jedi, don't @ me)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
saw solo

so the score with disney so far is 3 aggressively ok movies (tfa, rogue one, solo), and 1 super good one (last jedi, don't @ me)
I really liked Rogue One personally.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Rogue One was the best Disney Star Wars movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom