• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The in-universe justification doesn't matter. The developers made a conscious decision to put a ten year old on a bride banner, and that's disgusting.
That’s... a good point.

Still better than what Fate does (just look up Jack the Ripper or Chloe von Einzbern to see what I mean), but that doesn’t make it right and it’s still something they really should’ve reconsidered.

Also, Anna was robbed :p

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
it is that simple if ya don't care much beyond that point :4pacman:
You are right, it's just that, as someone who was around since almost the beginning of the series, I sometime wonder where Scott got all of those ideas.:4megaman:

Ivander

Smash Legend
The in-universe justification doesn't matter. The developers made a conscious decision to put a ten year old on a bride banner, and that's disgusting.
Or maybe she's in it for the free snacks.
Sanaki said:
"Oh! Do you have candy? I mean, I am far from being a child and care nothing for such things.
But if you have some, I wouldn't say no."
Regardless, I feel this is blowing a bit out of proportion. I mean, what if the intention was just to have a little girl in a cute outfit and not so much the bride implications? If that was their intent, what would've stopped them from choosing another little girl like Elise, Sakura or Nino? In fact, I'm very curious how people would react if it was Nino rather than Sanaki, considering Nino is around Sanaki's age AND can marry in her own game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's the same issue that Nowi has.
Yeah, you can say she's actually a 1000-year old dragon but I doubt that was their intention when they put a child into that outfit.
That’s... a good point.

Still better than what Fate does (just look up Jack the Ripper or Chloe von Einzbern to see what I mean), but that doesn’t make it right and it’s still something they really should’ve reconsidered.

Also, Anna was robbed :p
We don't talk about those
We don't talk about a lot of Fate characters but Those Two In Specific™

Regardless, I feel this is blowing a bit out of proportion. I mean, what if the intention was just to have a little girl in a cute outfit and not so much the bride implications? If that was their intent, what would've stopped them from choosing another little girl like Elise, Sakura or Nino? In fact, I'm very curious how people would react if it was Nino rather than Sanaki, considering Nino is around Sanaki's age AND can marry in her own game.
That's still just an in-universe explanation, it doesn't justify it from a real-world standpoint.

Also, Nino is 14 during the events of FE7 and can only marry Jaffar or Erk, both of which are at most 16, and they marry AFTER the game's events, when they are much older. But if they had put Nino on a bride outfit, you can bet it'd be just as bad.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I hope there's an FEH X AW crossover event in the works.

So I can finally live my dreams of having Bridal Flak, the world's greatest Husbando.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Honestly I'd still be pretty miffed if it were Nino, mainly because there's no implication she and Jaffar married right away (that and the fact that both of them are underage at 14 and 17 if I remember correctly, making it less weird when together but still bad when they're apart). In fact, given Raigh and Lugh's ages in The Binding Blade it's implied at least a good amount of time passed between the ending of Blazing Blade and their birth. They're much younger than Klein, who was born less than a year after Blazing Blade finished, considering Louise is already pregnant before the ending.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also, Nino is 14 during the events of FE7 and can only marry Jaffar or Erk, both of which are at most 16, and they marry AFTER the game's events, when they are much older. But if they had put Nino on a bride outfit, you can bet it'd be just as bad.
I want to agree, but considering Nino is alot more popular than Sanaki...and we know how popularity can affect views...*looks at the Legendary Lyn Banner with some Lyn fans in general and non-Lyn fans trying to justify the Robin Alts*

Last edited:

Chrono.

We got some new details on Sonic Mania Plus.

Rundown:
- Mighty's special ability is the Hammer Drop. It works similar to the Stomp from the Boost Sonic games, you'll be able to defeat enemies and uncover hidden items with it.
- Ray's is the Air Glide. Pretty much what the name says it is, you press the jump button while in mid air to start gliding. You have to time your button presses accordingly to keep momentum going.
- Encore Mode has brand new stage layouts and color palettes to give the game a fresh experience
- On top of that, you'll be able to choose two characters and switch between them on the fly similar to Sonic Heroes. This is exclusive to Encore Mode it seems like.
- Angel Island will be a short intro stage from the looks of it
- Racing ghosts will be a thing in Time Attack now

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/18/sonic-mania-plus-highlights-whats-new-latest-batch-screenshots/

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh on the subject of ancestry...

I think my grandparents were in serious need of some birth control. :estatic:

Because they ended up having like 10 kids. On both sides of my family. :upsidedown:

So now I have more cousins then I can count. All of whom primarily live on the other side of the world. :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We got some new details on Sonic Mania Plus.

Rundown:
- Mighty's special ability is the Hammer Drop. It works similar to the Stomp from the Boost Sonic games, you'll be able to defeat enemies and uncover hidden items with it.
- Ray's is the Air Glide. Pretty much what the name says it is, you press the jump button while in mid air to start gliding. You have to time your button presses accordingly to keep momentum going.
- Encore Mode has brand new stage layouts and color palettes to give the game a fresh experience
- On top of that, you'll be able to choose two characters and switch between them on the fly similar to Sonic Heroes. This is exclusive to Encore Mode it seems like.
- Angel Island will be a short intro stage from the looks of it
- Racing ghosts will be a thing in Time Attack now

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/18/sonic-mania-plus-highlights-whats-new-latest-batch-screenshots/
I know the thing was leaked today, but wasn't all of this known for a couple of months now?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well, today sure is a crop of **** when your own mother who hardly sees you much comes home and freaks the **** out JUST because of a lifestyle I chose that she disagrees with. Now both parents had been arguing in that same room an hour ago.

Fan-****ing-tastic.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'll talk about who I want as long as it's relevant to the discussion.

Just be glad I didn't mention Prisma!Illya's magical wand because that one pushes things to a whole new level of wrong.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not the character switching at least.

Plus they were kinda vague on Encore Mode for a long while.
We have known about the character switching. It was announced in a Japanese magazine a while ago along with a bunch of details on Encore Mode. I saw them like, a month or two ago at this point.

Encore Mode is essentially just level layout changes and aesthetic changes plus the character switching mechanic.

We also know the main game is receiving updates because of the patch that leaked on PS4 a while ago.

Ivander

Smash Legend
You may change your list of "Fate characters we don't talk about" when Berserker Raikou comes. I mean, I'm pretty sure Raikou will make you start tolerating Camilla for what she doesn't do that Raikou does.

Last edited:

Chrono.

You may change your list of "Fate characters we don't talk about" when Berserker Raikou comes. I mean, I'm pretty sure Raikou will make you start tolerating Camilla for what she doesn't do that Raikou does.
*Looks up Berserker Raikou*

Lmaoooo what even.

D

Deleted member

Well, today sure is a crop of **** when your own mother who hardly sees you much comes home and freaks the **** out JUST because of a lifestyle I chose that she disagrees with. Now both parents had been arguing in that same room an hour ago.

Fan-****ing-tastic.
That is really rough. :/
I really hope you feel better.

Also I tried putting some replays to YouTube so you can see what good things I got, hoping that Miiverse being gone will not interfere, but it did. :/

Also on For Glory, three cool things happened.

Here are the characters I played that I got good stuff with:

:4falcon:: Falcon Dittoed someone, and then I was comboing them, and the turnaround FALCON PUNCH AND IT HITS!!!!!
:4drmario:: Did a nice edgeguard. Up air'd someone, and then got the meaty up-b hit, which edgeguarded a Ganondorf. Looked nice.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hmmm, after informing myself on loads of stuff on Shadow of the Colossus, I have received alot of inspiration, some of which are going to help me alot.

On this happy note, I hope you all a great whatever! See ya next time. ;)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sharing because this is ****ing perfect.

For a moment I thought you were talking about Fate, then Fire Emblem and then Pokémon.

Ivander

Smash Legend
*Looks up Berserker Raikou*

Lmaoooo what even.
The design is the least of worries.
@Shishœ would like this a lot.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Believe me. Anybody who does not like Camilla for her "pandering" personality will find Raikou worse. Even people who tolerate Camilla will still not like Raikou AKA Minamoto Yorimitsu.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Believe me. Anybody who does not like Camilla for her "pandering" personality will find Raikou worse. Even people who tolerate Camilla will still not like Raikou AKA Minamoto Yorimitsu.
Oh. It is just, it was over-designed and I am sure he would like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
There's overdesigned, but this is much beyond that.

This makes you question what is physics and wonder how the heck can she move around without her back shattering.
Yep. As shown by her questionable physics on her Stage 4 Swimsuit art...

*sigh* I certainly hope that she actually has a much different personality as a Saber as was hinted by her Lancer form, but i'm concerned that due to how frickin' popular she is and how popular her "Archetype/Trope-type" is in Japan that they might still put parts of her Berserker personality into her Saber class form just because. *sigh*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom